Page 132 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3282122127128129130131132133134135136137142182 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    i try to install the WebOs Quick install but it won't work. it keep giving me this error message Java.io.FileNotFoundException:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

Can anyone help me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alazar View Post
    i try to install the WebOs Quick install but it won't work. it keep giving me this error message Java.io.FileNotFoundException:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

Can anyone help me?
    Ok....one more before I hit the sack.

Use this link instead (located on page 1 of this thread) and download it to same folder as the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file.

Then double click on WebOSQuickInstall.jar.
    i tried downloading the this and i did but when i try and open it error pops up only on the sprint version. could i use the quick install for bell even tho i have a sprint pre?
    I'm not sure how much more clear this can be stated (or how many more times it can be stated).

WebOS Quick Install needs webOS Doctor to work. It tries to simplify things for you by downloading it automatically if it's not present, but Palm has changed the links. So, download webOS Doctor on your own, put it in the same folder as WebOS Quick Install, and you won't have any more errors.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    is the battery % tweak supposed to show live readings? i only get and updated battery reading when i click it.

thanks.
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    ok, so forgive me but there are a lot of pages to this thread...

I cant get this to run on my macbook running mac os x 32 bit. In the java preferences it only shows j2se 5.0, not 6.0. I feel like this might be my problem. Running the software update utility shows no update for java at all. searching the web gives me downloads for the latest java version but are only compatible with 64 bit macs. Am I out of luck here or what?
    ok, so forgive me but there are a lot of pages to this thread...

I cant get this to run on my macbook running mac os x 32 bit. In the java preferences it only shows j2se 5.0, not 6.0. I feel like this might be my problem. Running the software update utility shows no update for java at all. searching the web gives me downloads for the latest java version but are only compatible with 64 bit macs. Am I out of luck here or what?
    WebOS Doctor application still not loading. I have installed the webos quickinstall fine but still can't use it.

"Next" button remains dimmed and is not clickable for much longer than 15 minutes. Maybe I am doing something wrong. What mode is the phone supposed to be in, USB Drive or just charge?
    Quote Originally Posted by firstnamemike View Post
    WebOS Doctor application still not loading. I have installed the webos quickinstall fine but still can't use it.

"Next" button remains dimmed and is not clickable for much longer than 15 minutes. Maybe I am doing something wrong. What mode is the phone supposed to be in, USB Drive or just charge?
    It has to be in Dev mode and in just charge
    So I had the same problem of choosing either Sprint or Bell to download the webosdoctor and Sprint option didnt work. I chose the Bell option and it worked. So I am able to run the QuickInstall program. I have Sprint. Will choosing Bell affect my pre?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I have an important question. When unchecking tweaks for the next update, can u uncheck tweaks while the phone is restarting its GUI, or do u have to uncheck them one by one after the phone turns on each time? Ive been waiting for the GUI reset to uncheck each one, and that just takes to much time.

Also one more thing, Jason. I did the dialpad vibrating tweak and then for some reason when i click on the phone app, only the background shows without the actual dialpad. I unchecked the tweak after and my phone app started working fine. FYI in addition to the phone tweak, i also had:

-Add launcher pgs
    -hide nascar
    -landscape email
    -call duration in call log
    -message forwarding
    -spoof iphone agent
    -change boot logo
    -change dialer background
    -battery percent

Edit: In preparation for 1.2 update, i unchecked the add/delete launcher pgs tweak and the option went away on the launcher, but my 5 launcher pages are still left instead of changing it to the regular 3. Will that affect anything when updating to 1.2?
    I am running WebOSQuickInstall.jar for the first time on my machine and I get this error message

when I select sprint. Please advise.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericwait View Post
    I am running WebOSQuickInstall.jar for the first time on my machine and I get this error message

when I select sprint. Please advise.
    Please read the past several pages of this thread. The solution has been mentioned over and over again.
    Use this link instead (located on page 1 of this thread) and download it to same folder as the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file.

Sorry, my post was in haste.

majQa' (which is Klingon for "well done" for the none trekkers)
    Last edited by ericwait; 09/07/2009 at 09:28 AM.
    hello i dont know if this is the correct spot to be asking this but i was wondering if it was at all possible for you to add a box for editing the service carrier text. You have done such a great job on the rest of the tweaks. I have had to go to the dr. a couple time already trying to change that. i think that would be another added + to your program.
    Thankx
    I get this message what do I do now? Jav.io.FileNotFoundException:http??palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar
    maybe they should close this forum and leave it up and start fresh so someone does not have to search for a week to find the info they need ha ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I get this problem now also the sprint webos doctor doesnt download.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    maybe they should close this forum and leave it up and start fresh so someone does not have to search for a week to find the info they need ha ha ha
    They don't have to search for a week, all they have to do is read the prior 2 pages in most cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2clrndraw2 View Post
    I get this message what do I do now? Jav.io.FileNotFoundException:http??palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar
    Please read the past several pages of this thread. The solution has been mentioned over and over again.

Here it is again:

Last edited by Trekker; 09/07/2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Added info