Page 131 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3181121126127128129130131132133134135136141181 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherxmarieee View Post
    do i need the webos doctor in order to install the my notifications on my palm pre? im confused.
    Have you set your phone up for homebrew installation yet? If not, follow the instructions here to get you started. Once you get filecoaster installed, you can install other homebrew apps, including "My Notifications."
    I am having trouble with the iphone user agent tweak.
    a couple of days ago, I decided to install it. It was taking a very long time to restart. The palm screen was not changing. I decided to uncheck it before the pre came out of its restart. After I did this, the pre instantly came back on. Webosquickinstall showed error messages that it failed to connect.

Fast forward to today. I notice it is checked under tweaks, even though I am pretty sure its not working. I uncheck it. the pre restarts fine, and now it shows up unchecked under quickinstall. However, when i go to check it to reinstall it, quickinstall is giving me the same failure to connect messages. It says error 5, error 3, error 5, error 15 (or something along those lines) all with failure to connect. this does not happen with any other tweak. any help?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I have an important question. When unchecking tweaks for the next update, can u uncheck tweaks while the phone is restarting its GUI, or do u have to uncheck them one by one after the phone turns on each time? Ive been waiting for the GUI reset to uncheck each one, and that just takes to much time.

Also one more thing, Jason. I did the dialpad vibrating tweak and then for some reason when i click on the phone app, only the background shows without the actual dialpad. I unchecked the tweak after and my phone app started working fine. FYI in addition to the phone tweak, i also had:

-Add launcher pgs
    -hide nascar
    -landscape email
    -call duration in call log
    -message forwarding
    -spoof iphone agent
    -change boot logo
    -change dialer background
    -battery percent

Edit: In preparation for 1.2 update, i unchecked the add/delete launcher pgs tweak and the option went away on the launcher, but my 5 launcher pages are still left instead of changing it to the regular 3. Will that affect anything when updating to 1.2?
    Last edited by chezbi; 09/06/2009 at 06:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    It is telling me that the the WEBOS Doctor is missing (on first run). I downloaded separately, any way to use that file?
    Last edited by dbuss; 09/06/2009 at 07:26 PM.
    Ladies and Gents, I'm sure I'm going to get flamed like a B***ch for this question but I can seem to find an answer in the 3 pages of post I've scanned and I don't have time for the other 125 pages.

Is everyone talking about a new WOSQI above 2.02 that is causing all these problems? And if they are, do we have to upgrade?

Thanks in advance(as I done my flame resistant suit!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuss View Post
    It is telling me that the the WEBOS Doctor is missing (on first run). I downloaded separately, any way to use that file?
    Put it in the same folder as the WebOSQuickinstall.jar file. Don't click on the WebOsDoctor.jar file unless you want to restore your phone to factory settings.

Double click on the WebOSQuickinstall.jar file to install and run WebOS Quick Install.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    Ladies and Gents, I'm sure I'm going to get flamed like a B***ch for this question but I can seem to find an answer in the 3 pages of post I've scanned and I don't have time for the other 125 pages.
    Most of those other 125 pages are people asking the same thing over and over. The answers to just about every question has been answered multiple times but people keep registering just to ask the same questions again.

Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    Is everyone talking about a new WOSQI above 2.02 that is causing all these problems? And if they are, do we have to upgrade?
    The latest version is 2.03, released on 08/31/09 and available on the first page of this post. I haven't had any issues with it but I haven't installed all the tweaks either. You don't have to upgrade if you don't want to. The changelog is listed there.
    Hello guys,

I've just gotten my Pre today. I want to download the WebOS but I don't see a link for it. I have downloaded the webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.zip and put my phone in developer mode but I can't find the webosquickinstall. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by ceo2be; 09/06/2009 at 08:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceo2be View Post
    Hello guys,

I've just gotten my Pre today. I want to download the WebOS but I don't see a link for it. I have downloaded the webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.zip and put my phone in developer mode but I can't find the webos quick install. Thanks for your help.

I think I'm done for the night.
    Hello guys,

I've just gotten my Pre today. I want to download the WebOS but I don't see a link for it. I have downloaded the webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.zip and put my phone in developer mode but I can't find the webosquickinstall. Thanks for your help.

Welcome ceo -

The link for quickinstall is at the very bottom of the first post after the installation instructions and troubleshooting.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1778909

Enjoy your Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by summer smile View Post
    Welcome ceo -

[/url]

Enjoy your Pre!
    Thank you Summer Smile. I went back and forth reading that thread many times and I finally found that little link.

Now that I have that and webdoctor..when I double click on the quickinstall, it asks me to download WebOSDoctor and I clicked on Yes, chose Sprint then I get a message 'java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar'.

I went to Java and installed the lastest version. I downloaded quickinstall, webosdoctor and extracted them both to the same folder but I got the same error msg.
    I went to Java and installed the lastest version. I downloaded quickinstall, webosdoctor and extracted them both to the same folder but I got the same error msg.
    You dont need to extract the file
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    You dont need to extract the file
    I have both webdoctor and quickinstall (unextracted) in the same folder. When I double clicked on quickinstall this is what i get below. The steps are in order from top to bottom.

EDIT: I selected Bell instead of Sprint and it is downloading instead of getting the java error.
    Last edited by ceo2be; 09/06/2009 at 09:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    The latest version is 2.03, released on 08/31/09 and available on the first page of this post. I haven't had any issues with it but I haven't installed all the tweaks either. You don't have to upgrade if you don't want to. The changelog is listed there.

Thank you Trekker for clearing that up. I like your avatar. Allow me to share my wallpaper with you:

P1060646.JPG

I also use the TOS communicator for my text notifications. I too am a "trekker" not to be confused with "trekkies"!

Thank's again,
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post

I think I'm done for the night.
    Haha..sorry man. It's not like I didn't try to search and read the instructions. Some of us are slowers (aka noobs). I was having a hard time looking for the quickinstall link.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    OK, I was one of the ones that had to go to the doc and ended up getting 1.2. Since then I can't connect to QI. I have no idea why except, is it compatible with 1.2? Any help would be great. I have been jonesing without my homebrew!!
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    OK, I was one of the ones that had to go to the doc and ended up getting 1.2. Since then I can't connect to QI. I have no idea why except, is it compatible with 1.2? Any help would be great. I have been jonesing without my homebrew!!
    It's worked perfectly for me, so I don't know what to tell you. Did you rename the file of whatever the actual download gives you to webOSDoctor.jar?
    I installed the phone background tweak an dam using a ong pic instead as ny phone background, but the overlay for the number pad is such a dark gray it is hard to see the picture. Is there a way to lighten it or eliminate it?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Yes...... it keeps telling host does not exist
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It's worked perfectly for me, so I don't know what to tell you. Did you rename the file of whatever the actual download gives you to webOSDoctor.jar?
    Well I did not rename it....it was downloaded from Palm I need to change the name of that file?
    Last edited by awrnsmn; 09/06/2009 at 10:36 PM.