Page 130 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3080120125126127128129130131132133134135140180 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

My OS is Mandriva Linux 2010
    I don't know if that is the reason and wondering if have to do it from a windows machine.

Rebooted the computer and tried again and is still giving me the error message, and I don't know how to restart it except by killing the java_vm but when I do that my firefox stops working.

The reason I want to install this is to transfer the contacts from the Palm Profile to my Google profile and I think there is an app outhere that will allow me to do that.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Brand new Palm Pre user.
    Quote Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
    You can DL from the link in the 1st post.
    thats exactly what i did i followed directions and i get that error message
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Why on earth won't the lock background screen change? I replaced the wallpaper with a .png wallpaper, and when the phone boots up, it still has the stock background for the lock screen. Am I doing something wrong?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I tried that, then found that using jpg files did the trick

Hope this helps you
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    No, I downloaded another copy of the files into a different folder, launched it and the tweaks still show up. I think it probably just reads them from the phone itself.
    how weird i did that also.... just now and it still doesnt do it...effin weird i dont know wut to do anymore...i cant update services anymore but i can delete them but of course i dont want to
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmrpnk21 View Post
    Why on earth won't the lock background screen change? I replaced the wallpaper with a .png wallpaper, and when the phone boots up, it still has the stock background for the lock screen. Am I doing something wrong?

Hope this helps you
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    It only lets me select a .png file though!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alberto2498 View Post

Hope this helps you
    Ack sorry, I tried to select a different picture format, but quickinstall only lets me pick a .png file. Am I missing something still?
    Like others previously posted.

I am getting an error 404 page not found when I click on the link:
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar.
    When I go to:
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar (Which is where the link on the first page takes you)
    I get a zip(rar) file. I tried re-naming this to webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar and putting in the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall but it is still not working.

Any new suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by richira View Post
    Like others previously posted.

I am getting an error 404 page not found when I click on the link:
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar.
    Probably because it's the wrong location.

When I go to:
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar (Which is where the link on the first page takes you)
    I get a zip(rar) file.
    That's strange. What browser are you using? I tried Firefox, Chrome and IE7 and when I click on the link I get a .jar file, not a zip(rar) file as seen in the pic below (using firefox.)

What OS are you using? I have no trouble with WinXP SP3.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Hi all, sorry for my absence the last few days. Good news, the big version 2.0 is out!

v2.0 - August 15, 09
    - Slightly altered some button graphics
    - Internal code completely reworked
    - Added standard ipkg feed support with a few (including PreCentral's) built in
    - Added a Tweaks panel with many useful mods
    - Added postinst and prerm script support
    - Device Management gives more detailed installed-applications information

To those with issues, please try this new version. If you still get "No Device Found" error, read the troubleshooting guide link on post #1.

If that still doesn't work, open up Command Prompt/Terminal and type:
    Code:
    novacom -l
    And tell me what output you get.

This new version is a buge step forward. With postinst and prerm support, WebOS Quick Install will now have the ability to install things like Terminal, MyTether, etc. once those .ipks have been updated to include those scripts
    Hi there

When I issue that command there is nothing reported

This is how it looks

[root@localhost novacom]# novacom -l
    [root@localhost novacom]#
    Probably because it's the wrong location.

That's strange. What browser are you using? I tried Firefox, Chrome and IE7 and when I click on the link I get a .jar file, not a zip(rar) file as seen in the pic below (using firefox.)

What OS are you using? I have no trouble with WinXP SP3.
    I am using IE8 and Vista 32. I'll try with Firefox shortly
    I am using IE8 and Vista 32. I'll try with Firefox shortly
    When you click on the file, do you get a popup similar to the one that I show? Maybe there is a setting in Vista causing it to change to a zip (rar) file.
    Finally got it to download right, this is the best, I have a whole new appreciation for my Pre now!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Soo I still cannot figure out why my lock screen background will not change. Quickinstall will only let me select a .png image to use for my background, and after I apply the change, the actual lock screen is still the same. Can ANYONE please help me figure this out?
    When you click on the file, do you get a popup similar to the one that I show? Maybe there is a setting in Vista causing it to change to a zip (rar) file.
    Downloading with Firefox did the trick! Thanks for the help.
    Downloading with Firefox did the trick! Thanks for the help.
    Glad you got it working!
    do i need the webos doctor in order to install the my notifications on my palm pre? im confused.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Let me rephrase this another way. Has ANYONE been able to change their lock screen with quickinstall? I changed the boot screen just fine, I just can't get this lock screen thing figured out.
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherxmarieee View Post
    do i need the webos doctor in order to install the my notifications on my palm pre? im confused.
    You should start here and add filecoster or preware to your phone and you can install all the apps.. Post
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol