Page 13 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    I am such a moron. I tried everything, but I could not get the program to connect my phone. Finally, I gave up. When I went to take my phone out of dev mode, I realized I had the switch saying "Off", which for some reason, i thought meant it was "On". When I flipped the switch and the phone re-booted, I had absolutely no issues and I've uploaded my first three apps. *****!!!

Thanks Jason!
    I can't get this to work either. Novacom is running, connect it hit just charge, load the program and nothing.

I try to add an ipk to install, and click "install" and nothing happens. I've uninstalled and reinstalled about 3 times now. Using Windows 7 64 (and I followed the guide to get novacom running, and, as I said, it is running).

I tried emulator and usb (under options) and I'm getting nowhere fast.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    does webdoctor install novacomm or do i have to install it myself??
    I installed it manually on Windows 7 32. But hey, glad to see other people are having the exact same issue as me, since now I know I'm not going crazy.
    ok, i'm looking to download this thing now for the pre. so far it looks nice.
    does it work with vista pc's?

and which links exactly are the ones i need to download?
    sorry for being kinda stupid about this.
    the terms are new to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmase View Post
    It's telling me its found new hardware but needs to install driver software. This happens after in get in dev. mode and plug my pre up to the pc. I believe I have downloaded everything I am supposed to. Thanks in advance for the help!
    Same thing is happening to me.. I can't seem to figure out what to do next...
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    when i start it it says which device would you like to use (this can be changed later in options) i have only 2 options emulator or usb device) when i chose either of them nothing happens if any one could help that would be great
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco View Post
    when i start it it says which device would you like to use (this can be changed later in options) i have only 2 options emulator or usb device) when i chose either of them nothing happens if any one could help that would be great
    thanks
    I'm having the exact same issue. On Mac OS X 10.5.7, webOS doctor downloaded just fine... it's side by side with the QuickInstall app, Java 6 is set as default so everything seems all right. QuickInstall launches when double clicked, asks me to choose USB or Emulator and either one I choose causes the app to close immediately.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Im bout to quit this all together!! i download web doctor by itself without quickinstall,installed novacomm,when i click webosquickinstall it asks me to install again i say "no" nothin happens! soim downloadin it again even tho i have it and its downloadin really slow! IDK! WHAT ELSE TO DO!!!! HELP!!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Now i get a black prompt like screen that pops up for half a sec!!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Norelco View Post
    thanks
    I'm having the exact same issue. On Mac OS X 10.5.7, webOS doctor downloaded just fine... it's side by side with the QuickInstall app, Java 6 is set as default so everything seems all right. QuickInstall launches when double clicked, asks me to choose USB or Emulator and either one I choose causes the app to close immediately.
    I am also getting the same thing. When I double click on the installer it lets me chose which device and whichever one i chose it closes the program and nothing happens even though I have turned off my firewall and anti-virus programs. I also downloaded the webosdoctor also thru the installer.

Any help would be great.... Phone is in dev mode and I am running XP SP3... Java is the newest it can be.... IDK what to do anymore... Also have PALM SDK installed.... IM LOST!!!! :/
    I dont know what happened...but my WebOS Quick Install icon is no longer on my computer. I've searched everywhere for it...can anyone provide some help? I think that's all I need...help!!!???
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco View Post
    thanks
    same ish here bro!! i been tryin to do this for 2 hours!!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jefft1314 View Post
    Thanks for the advice; unfortunately, every time i attempt to open it it says "first time setup (etc)". This happens every time, I then select something and nothing happens. The program never launches. When i attempt to move the file or rename it, I'm told it's already in use, but it's not actually open.
    I'm having the exact same problem as you, Vista 32-bit and all.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    yep there must be something we are doing wrong ive been at this for a few hours also downloadind tons of stuff to get it to work and none of it seems to work
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ostrange View Post
    yep there must be something we are doing wrong ive been at this for a few hours also downloadind tons of stuff to get it to work and none of it seems to work
    idk wat to do gives me errors i have a windows xp can any one guide me how to install this?? PLZ
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ostrange View Post
    Im using vista home 32-bit by the way!!
    Yes, I have reinstalled Java twice and have everything properly ordered as instructed.
    having same problems as Shcherbatskaya.

windows 7 / 64bit
    novacom connects to the pre just fine
    everything else is installed properly
    run the program and I have no access to Device Management from the Tools menu, and when I click the "Install!" button nothing happens even if I have .ipk's loaded in the box.