Page 129 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2979119124125126127128129130131132133134139179 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by christoph a. reynolds View Post
    need help ! tried a bunch of times and the only thing i accomplished was to reset my phone to the manufactures mode . please help . thanx .
    Sounds like you ran the WebOSDoctor.jar instead of the WebOSQuickinstall.jar.

You need both files in the same folder but don't touch the WebOSDoctor.jar file unless you want to reset your phone to the WebOS 1.03 factory settings. This file should only be used if your phone gets so screwed up that you have no choice but to reset it to factory settings.

To install tweaks, etc, make sure the only file you launch is the WebOSQuickinstall.jar file.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Edit: i can easily install ipk's thru quick install but the button that takes u to the list of the repo's or w.e its called...i cant get that list to pop up...that button doesnt work for some reason i even redownloaded quick install over the one i had and still nothing...rebooted pc and pre and nothing
    Just for the heck of it, try downloading both files again into a completely new folder and see if that makes any difference. Maybe something got corrupted.
    Quote Originally Posted by petershiau View Post
    Not sure if this worked only for me, but I seemed to have found a workaround for the error message that says: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar.

Like others, I downloaded both the WebOSQuickInstaller.jar and the WebOSDoctor.jar. When I clicked on the WebOSDoctor.jar, it initiated a long download. When finished, I was promoted to start the WebOSDoctor app, which I then closed because I didn't want to wipe the Pre. But then I could not start the WebOSQuickInstaller.jar - I kept getting the file not found error.

I subsequently found the WebOSDoctor.jar buried in a Java folder, in this path: C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\54\293c0436-324716c1, where the '293c0436-324716c1' is the WebOSDoctor jar. (The exact path might be different for different users - I sorted the 6.0 folders by date and looked for the most recently modified folder with a random file that's 200MB+.) I copied that file to the folder with WebOSQuickInstaller, renamed it to WebOSDoctor.jar, then ran WebOSQuickInstaller.

That worked for me. Hope it works for you.
    For Windows Vista this gets funky since MS bocks this access so gotta get to it via Run command:

C:\Users\"Windows User"\Appdata\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\

From there is the all sorts of folders. You'll have to look into each one till you find one that is 202,911KB and Modified recently. Try to rename it to what petershiau said above and rest is the same. I did this through Vista64.

Pretty certain Palm will take steps to keep us from accessing the WebOS doctor this way so this maybe a practice we need to get used to...
    Last edited by thetreoguys; 09/06/2009 at 10:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Just for the heck of it, try downloading both files again into a completely new folder and see if that makes any difference. Maybe something got corrupted.
    If I do that won't the new WOQI not remember which tweaks I did?
    well i tried installing this webos .jar file, and im guessing im not the only one to get a problem ERROR when installing it. it asks to install that doctor program, and it gets an error. so i go and download it separately and it works. then i try the webos thing again and it gets error... help please?
    I am having the same install problems. Any suggestions?
    I had removed and reinstalled Preware and Package Manager Service via WebOS QI the other day, and it accidentally removed Tweed along with them. I'm not upset about this. Just mentioning it. Might try to recreate this. I was using QI v2.02 though.
    So I'm trying to get the virtual keyboard up and running, but I'm running into some issues. I got WebOSQuickInstll.jar in a folder, when I open it I get some long *** error about not being able to download WebOSDoctor. So I download from the direct link and get a zip file for WebDoctor. I read in this thread to rename it to a .jar file. I try to name the zip as WebOSDoctor.jar, no luck, still tries to download Web Doctor. However, if I unzip the file and then name the resulting folder as a .jar file, it will open the Quick Installer, but none of the buttons work. It will let me load an .ipk, but will not install it to the phone. The Device Managment and all other headings under the drop down do not work.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    If I do that won't the new WOQI not remember which tweaks I did?
    No, I downloaded another copy of the files into a different folder, launched it and the tweaks still show up. I think it probably just reads them from the phone itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by foolishfocus View Post
    So I download from the direct link and get a zip file for WebDoctor. I read in this thread to rename it to a .jar file.
    Wait a second....where are you downloading the file from? It should already have a .jar extension. Are you downloading it from the first post in this thread?

Here is the popup that I get when I go to download the file...you can see it has a .jar extension.

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thetreoguys View Post
    For Windows Vista this gets funky since MS bocks this access so gotta get to it via Run command:

C:\Users\"Windows User"\Appdata\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\

From there is the all sorts of folders. You'll have to look into each one till you find one that is 202,911KB and Modified recently. Try to rename it to what petershiau said above and rest is the same. I did this through Vista64.

Pretty certain Palm will take steps to keep us from accessing the WebOS doctor this way so this maybe a practice we need to get used to...
    following this method, I finally got quick install to start working again.

thank you.
    I started a new folder and saved both files to that folder. I also renamed the webOSDoctor.jar file. I still get the same error as before. I open the new file i created and the only two files there are the quickinstall.jar and webosdoctor.jar (zipped file). I open quickinstall.jar and same error pops up. did I do something wrong? please help
    Quote Originally Posted by davidstereo View Post
    I started a new folder and saved both files to that folder. I also renamed the webOSDoctor.jar file. I still get the same error as before. I open the new file i created and the only two files there are the quickinstall.jar and webosdoctor.jar (zipped file). I open quickinstall.jar and same error pops up. did I do something wrong? please help
    What operating software are you using? I'm using WINXP SP3, so I can't really comment on other OS's.

Where are you downloading the 2 files from? Are you getting them from the first post in this thread located here?

Try this...start from scratch, delete the files in your folder and re-download both files from the first post in this thread. They should both have .jar extentions.

Here is the what the contents of the folder looks like when you first download both files:

This time, don't rename anything. When you have both files in the same folder, double click WebOSQuickinstall.jar.

You will then see the WebOSQuickinstall GUI launch:

And your folder contents now change to look like this:

It looks like WebOSQuickinstall.jar automatically renames the other file to WebOSDoctor.jar during the install process.

Try those steps and see if that helps.
    Last edited by Trekker; 09/06/2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Added pics
    Does anyone know if any of the homebrew apps have to be removed before the new web os 1.2 update is installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by brighteyes View Post
    Does anyone know if any of the homebrew apps have to be removed before the new web os 1.2 update is installed?
    Nope, nobody knows. It hasn't already been discussed 50 times on this thread and others.
    Quote Originally Posted by brighteyes View Post
    Apps, no.....tweaks and services...yes (at least it's recommended.) I suppose some apps may have issues after the update but if they do, just delete them and wait for an updated version.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It hasn't already been discussed 50 times on this thread and others.
    Make that 51.
    anyone know where I can find the WebOSDoctor.jar file on my Mac? It had me download some damn file JNLP file, and it put the file somewhere else
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://palm.cdnetwors.net/stagging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

when i click the link to downlaoad wed os quick install thats waht i get...i have a palm pre i chose the option sprint and hit yes on the question for this to run properly u need to install web os doctor what do i do
    You can DL from the link in the 1st post.