Page 128 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2878118123124125126127128129130131132133138178 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1. rayln's Avatar
    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #2541  
    Quote Originally Posted by JspecRx7 View Post
    Strange I got it to work last night, but tonight no dice. I'm getting the same message. I was going to get on to update the Package manager service.
    I was also trying to update the package manager service.

    webOS quick install used to work just fine up until today.

    I've downloaded and re-downloaded everything numerous times, placed them in the same folder, changed the doctor's file extension etc... but all that happens is quick install won't seem to function at all.

    no response out of it with or without my pre connected (not that it detects it anyway).
  2. #2542  
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
    Hey Jason, I have donated to your wonderful app and just have one question for you. I gave read MANY TIMES that we should delete any tweaks before a web os update. What happens if your asleep and the update comes and downloads by itself? Because that COULD happen couldnt it? Also, should the package manager that we download to get preware be deleted also? Thanks again for ALL your hard work!!
    It will download by itself but I believe you have to press install before it actually executes. If not, as soon as you find out there is a new update, download it but don't install it. This will hold of the install process until you're ready (not sure if there is a time frame).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3. Aex0's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    #2543  
    The battery % in top header mod doesn't seem to work for my Pre at all. Either icon and/or % just turns the header into a completely white bar. The menus won't pop up even if I click on the bar, so I think the header simply won't load at all. Does anyone know what the problem may be?

    Thanks so much in advance!
    Last edited by Aex0; 09/06/2009 at 02:39 AM.
  4.    #2544  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aex0 View Post
    I know this is a really stupid question...but what exactly does add/delete launcher pages do? I was hoping it meant adding a 4th page to the launcher, but nothing happened at all. How do I go about adding the pages? I also enabled the 4x4 icons, which is very nice, but I still don't have a 4th page. =(
    The mod gives the ability to add/remove pages. When the launcher is up, tap the "Launcher" menu in the top left corner. There you'll see the option to add/remove pages
  5. #2545  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aex0 View Post
    I know this is a really stupid question...but what exactly does add/delete launcher pages do? I was hoping it meant adding a 4th page to the launcher, but nothing happened at all. How do I go about adding the pages? I also enabled the 4x4 icons, which is very nice, but I still don't have a 4th page. =(

    Another issue I have is the battery % in top header mod doesn't seem to work for my Pre at all. Either icon and/or % just turns the header into a completely white bar. The menus won't pop up even if I click on the bar, so I think the header simply won't load at all. Does anyone know what the problem may be?

    Thanks so much in advance!

    Open the launcher pages, go to the Launcher icon (top left corner) and you'll have the option to add a page.

    The battery % has had issues with some Pre's. Mine works great but others are having issues like yours (white bar). Uncheck it, allow the Gui on your Pre to restart and then recheck it to see if that clears it up. If it doesn't, remove the check again and just hold off on adding it. A future WebOS Quick Install might work for you but you'll have to have patience.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  6. #2546  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aex0 View Post
    I know this is a really stupid question...but what exactly does add/delete launcher pages do? I was hoping it meant adding a 4th page to the launcher, but nothing happened at all. How do I go about adding the pages? I also enabled the 4x4 icons, which is very nice, but I still don't have a 4th page. =(

    Another issue I have is the battery % in top header mod doesn't seem to work for my Pre at all. Either icon and/or % just turns the header into a completely white bar. The menus won't pop up even if I click on the bar, so I think the header simply won't load at all. Does anyone know what the problem may be?

    Thanks so much in advance!
    When you have the Launcher open you can add/delete pages by clicking on the top left of the screen. As far as the Battery goes I'm not sure why It wouldn't work. I applied that patch manually so I can't really speak as to how well it works in the program. I would try just unchecking that option, allowing it to completely refresh and then trying again.

    Edit: And I was beaten to the punch.
  7. #2547  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkreese0 View Post
    Hello,

    Please read before saying I should read the previous posts, as I have. (Granted, there are 127 pages, so I may have missed one.)


    I do realize the previous posts say to download the WebOSDoctor manually into the same folder as the WebOSQuickInstall. I do not have a "folder" for WebOSQuickInstall.jar. I do not have anything to unzip. It looks just like a Java icon. I do not know what it means to make sure the 2 jars are in the same folder. Now I have unzipped my (and have a folder for) the WebOSDoctor.
    If you do not have a folder for WebOSQuickInstall.jar, create one!!! Then put the WebOSDoctor in that same directory!! Jar files are java executable files, and you you do NOT want to 'unzip" them.
    Irish
  8. #2548  
    Ok so I've googled this and searched through here but I can't figure it out, I've read that you can install themes using this program is that true if so how?
  9. #2549  
    Not sure if this worked only for me, but I seemed to have found a workaround for the error message that says: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar.

    Like others, I downloaded both the WebOSQuickInstaller.jar and the WebOSDoctor.jar. When I clicked on the WebOSDoctor.jar, it initiated a long download. When finished, I was promoted to start the WebOSDoctor app, which I then closed because I didn't want to wipe the Pre. But then I could not start the WebOSQuickInstaller.jar - I kept getting the file not found error.

    I subsequently found the WebOSDoctor.jar buried in a Java folder, in this path: C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\54\293c0436-324716c1, where the '293c0436-324716c1' is the WebOSDoctor jar. (The exact path might be different for different users - I sorted the 6.0 folders by date and looked for the most recently modified folder with a random file that's 200MB+.) I copied that file to the folder with WebOSQuickInstaller, renamed it to WebOSDoctor.jar, then ran WebOSQuickInstaller.

    That worked for me. Hope it works for you.
  10. #2550  
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyNYR View Post
    When you have the Launcher open you can add/delete pages by clicking on the top left of the screen. As far as the Battery goes I'm not sure why It wouldn't work. I applied that patch manually so I can't really speak as to how well it works in the program. I would try just unchecking that option, allowing it to completely refresh and then trying again.

    Edit: And I was beaten to the punch.
    Regarding the battery % tweak, I added it with v2.02 with no problem. I chose both icon & %meter.
    Irish
  11. Aex0's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    #2551  
    Thanks Jason and Achill3s (and everyone else who replied)! I actually found the launcher page solution right after posting, so stupid of me >< You guys are so fast, replying before I finished editing my post to delete the question! Haha

    As for the battery mod, I've actually already tried it 4 times, even rebooting the Pre in between, but to no avail. I guess I will just hold off the battery tweak until next update then. Thanks so much!!!
    Last edited by Aex0; 09/06/2009 at 03:09 AM.
  12. #2552  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Ok...open the folder that you created and tell me the names of the files that are in there.
    There is WebOSQuickInstall.jar and webosdoctorp100ewwsprint (Zip file).

    I also changed the webosdoctorp100ewwsprint name to WebOSDoctor.jar. I still got the same error message.
  13. #2553  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkreese0 View Post
    There is WebOSQuickInstall.jar and webosdoctorp100ewwsprint (Zip file).

    I also changed the webosdoctorp100ewwsprint name to WebOSDoctor.jar. I still got the same error message.
    That is strange. So you get the error message when you double click the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file? The webosdoctorp100ewwsprint file should also have a .jar extension when you first download it (webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar)

    Do you have the latest version of java on your machine? You can check by going here to check it.

    I see your running Vista....I have XP but I don't think that should matter.
  14. #2554  
    is it just me or the part where u update services on quick install is not working...i try to click the button on the program and nothing is opening?
  15. #2555  
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    I was also trying to update the package manager service.

    webOS quick install used to work just fine up until today.

    I've downloaded and re-downloaded everything numerous times, placed them in the same folder, changed the doctor's file extension etc... but all that happens is quick install won't seem to function at all.

    no response out of it with or without my pre connected (not that it detects it anyway).
    so when u click the button it doesnt open the repo's or wut...bc that is happening to me since last night
  16. #2556  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    is it just me or the part where u update services on quick install is not working...i try to click the button on the program and nothing is opening?
    Mine works fine....I just used it.
  17. #2557  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Mine works fine....I just used it.
    thats weird i just cant seem to get it opened at all so i cant update to the new package manager service its so weird this just started happening last night
  18. #2558  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    thats weird i just cant seem to get it opened at all so i cant update to the new package manager service its so weird this just started happening last night
    Have you tried a reboot? Both phone and PC? Is phone in Dev mode?
  19. #2559  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Have you tried a reboot? Both phone and PC? Is phone in Dev mode?
    Yeah man I've done a pc reboot...pre reboot...pre is always in dev mode...that's y I'm surprised...I can log in easily to device management or look at the tweaks I got I just can't go on the repo list

    Edit: i can easily install ipk's thru quick install but the button that takes u to the list of the repo's or w.e its called...i cant get that list to pop up...that button doesnt work for some reason i even redownloaded quick install over the one i had and still nothing...rebooted pc and pre and nothing
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 09/06/2009 at 10:05 AM.
  20. #2560  
    need help ! tried a bunch of times and the only thing i accomplished was to reset my phone to the manufactures mode . please help . thanx . this post refers to setting up phone for home brew apps .
    Last edited by christoph a. reynolds; 09/06/2009 at 10:00 AM.

Posting Permissions