Page 127 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2777117122123124125126127128129130131132137177 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    renamed webos doctor file and opens now. However, does not give option as previously posted for usb or emulator. Can drag ipk files in but it will not install anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by rodnel40 View Post
    renamed webos doctor file and opens now. However, does not give option as previously posted for usb or emulator. Can drag ipk files in but it will not install anything.
    You are using WEbOS Quick Install and NOT webdr, correct?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    i am trying to open the webos quick install and it tells me i have an error. i tried opening both folders of installing and they both dont work. i get past where it ask me sprint and i choose sprint and then it gives me the error someone help.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I said this a few pages back, but GNU patch lets Preware patch files already on the Pre. This is necessary for getting the virtual keyboard.
    ohh thanx i knew it had something to do with the KB thanx again
    Quote Originally Posted by lil077joker View Post
    i am trying to open the webos quick install and it tells me i have an error. i tried opening both folders of installing and they both dont work. i get past where it ask me sprint and i choose sprint and then it gives me the error someone help.
    You are clicking on the very bottom link, after all the version listings (at the end of post#1) correct?
    yes, quick install
    [QUOTE=Trekker;1872395]You don't get the window below when you open quick install then file, options?

[IMG]
    Nope. Unfortunately your post is the first time I've seen that. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.
    yea i am. but let me try again to make sure.
  9.    #2529  
    [QUOTE=knucklehead1973;1872655]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    You don't get the window below when you open quick install then file, options?

[IMG]
    Nope. Unfortunately your post is the first time I've seen that. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.
    it's possible your webosdoctor.jar file is corrupt. Try re-downloading from link on 1st post
    i have downloaded from the first post and it keeps giving me this as the error java.io.FileNotFoundException:http//palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdoctorp100ewwwsprint.jar
  11.    #2531  
    Quote Originally Posted by lil077joker View Post
    i have downloaded from the first post and it keeps giving me this as the error java.io.FileNotFoundException:http//palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdoctorp100ewwwsprint.jar
    If you downloaded both WebOSDoctor.jar AND WebOSQuickInstall.jar from the first post, and have them in the same folder, you won't have that error
    Hello,

Please read before saying I should read the previous posts, as I have. (Granted, there are 127 pages, so I may have missed one.)

I have a Vista 32-bit, and a Sprint Palm Pre. Here is my problem. I click on the QuickInstall link from the first post to open it. I say 'yes' to allow it to download WebOSDoctor. I chose the Sprint version. I then get an error message that says: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar.

I do realize the previous posts say to download the WebOSDoctor manually into the same folder as the WebOSQuickInstall. I do not have a "folder" for WebOSQuickInstall.jar. I do not have anything to unzip. It looks just like a Java icon. I do not know what it means to make sure the 2 jars are in the same folder. Now I have unzipped my (and have a folder for) the WebOSDoctor.

I tried to fix it by plugging my phone into my computer. It says it has to install softfware. I allow it and it gets all the way to the end, but says I have to insert a disc. I do not think I have a disc.

So I tried manually installing Novacom via this link:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html

It seemed to work fine, but I still got the same "FileNotFoundException" error.

I do not understand computer code or technical terms, so I would greatly appreciate any help in kindergarten language.

I am saving all the program applications to my desktop if that makes any sort of difference.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!
    Last edited by mkreese0; 09/05/2009 at 11:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rodnel40 View Post
    yes, quick install
    You have to have them both in the same folder and THEN double-click WebOS Quick Install... Leave WebDR alone!!! You don't have to touch WebDr anymore.
    yeah man awesome work. awesome. simply.
    Quote Originally Posted by mkreese0 View Post
    Please read before saying I should read the previous posts, as I have. (Granted, there are 127 pages, so I may have missed one.)
    Yeah, the one directly above yours.

I do realize the previous posts say to download the WebOSDoctor manually into the same folder as the WebOSQuickInstall. I do not have a "folder" for WebOSQuickInstall.jar.
    Then create a folder...on your Desktop, anywhere you want it. Call it whatever you like.

Then go to the first post of this thread and download 2 files into the folder you just created. Download the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file located at the bottom of the post (it should ask you where you want to save it.) Save it in the new folder that you just created and then at the top of the post under WebOSDoctor recovery rom, click on the download link for Sprint or Bell (whichever you use) and download that file to the same folder as the other file.

Once that is done, double click on the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file and it should work for you.
    Last edited by Trekker; 09/05/2009 at 11:24 PM. Reason: corrected mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Yeah, the one directly above yours.

Then create a folder...on your Desktop, anywhere you want it. Call it whatever you like.

Then go to the first post of this thread and download 2 files into the folder you just created. Download the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file located at the bottom of the post (it should ask you where you want to save it.) Save it in the new folder that you just created and then at the top of the post under WebOSDoctor recovery rom, click on the download link for Sprint or Bell (whichever you use) and download that file to the same folder as the other file.

Once that is done, double click on the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file and it should work for you.
    Thank you Trekker. I was so caught up in learning all the technical words, I missed the link that you can create a folder. Unforunately, it still did not work, and I still got the same error message. I even renamed my folder to WebOSDoctor.jar.

Any other suggestions?
    Thank you Trekker. I was so caught up in learning all the technical words, I missed the link that you can create a folder. Unforunately, it still did not work, and I still got the same error message. I even renamed my folder to WebOSDoctor.jar.

Any other suggestions?
    Ok...open the folder that you created and tell me the names of the files that are in there.
    Strange I got it to work last night, but tonight no dice. I'm getting the same message. I was going to get on to update the Package manager service.
    Hey Jason, I have donated to your wonderful app and just have one question for you. I gave read MANY TIMES that we should delete any tweaks before a web os update. What happens if your asleep and the update comes and downloads by itself? Because that COULD happen couldnt it? Also, should the package manager that we download to get preware be deleted also? Thanks again for ALL your hard work!!
    r the repositories offline tonight?