Page 126 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2676116121122123124125126127128129130131136176 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #2501  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    //edit: Jason, you know what? It would probably be a good idea to update the OP with this latest issue.
    But would anyone read it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Saves you (and everyone else ) some grief.
    I can take a hint....time for some valium.
  2. #2502  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Does anyone use WebOS Quick Install along with the SDK? I tried to install it on Windows. It blew away NovaCom. Just tried it on Ubuntu, blew away my USB connectivity to my Pre for palm-install. I thought it was just 1.2, so I WebOS Doctor Wiped back to 1.1. Still can't see a USB device with palm-install.

    Any suggestions?

    I'm on Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit. Have to force architecture for NovaCom install, but replacing it didn't fix this issue.
    Full uninstall and reinstall of Novacom fixed it. Strange. Me and Novacom just don't get along I figure. Probably works fine in a 32-bit environment. Palm needs some 64-bit code.

    I love that Palm has started and everyone is keeping up the platform independence. Nice to use all the tools on any environment I run on. After small hurdles. Nice job on this everyone.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 09/05/2009 at 05:20 PM.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  3. #2503  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    But would anyone read it?



    I can take a hint....time for some valium.
    care to share???
    Irish
  4. #2504  
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    care to share???
    Jason gets first dibs.

    Anyway, my apologies for further cluttering the thread by venting my frustrations. I'll try a more positive approach. Patience is something that seems to escape me.
  5. #2505  
    i must be a nut because i cant get anything to happen. i downloaded the webOS quick install jar. when i click on it i get that error about java.io.FileNotFoundException: http//palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdpctorp100ewwsprint.jar. can someone walk me thru the process? i deleted the file on 64 bit and 32 bit. I have windows XP. does that make a difference. I know someone can help me.. right?
  6. #2506  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyyyyy View Post
    I am trying to download the quick install file and get a java.io.filenotfound exception:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...oewwsprint.jar error. It won't go any further. Is anyone else getting this? I have tried my pc and my laptop. no success on either. Help please.

    THIS IS MY DILLEMA AS WELL. I CANT GET ANYTHING TO RUN. I DELETED THE LINE FROM THE WINDOWS 32 BIT AND 64 BIT AND SAVE THE CHANGES. THEN IT SAYS THE FILE HAS BEEN CHANGED, DO I WANT TO SAVE AND I HIT YES. IT THEN LOCKS UP ON ME. HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. #2507  
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoyd View Post
    i must be a nut because i cant get anything to happen. i downloaded the webOS quick install jar. when i click on it i get that error about java.io.FileNotFoundException: http//palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdpctorp100ewwsprint.jar. can someone walk me thru the process? i deleted the file on 64 bit and 32 bit. I have windows XP. does that make a difference. I know someone can help me.. right?
    Go to the first post in this thread. Download the WebOSDoctor recovery rom. Choose either the Sprint Download or Bell Download, whichever you use.

    Download it into the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar.

    Rename the file that you just downloaded (webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar) to WebOSDoctor.jar

    Once that is done, double click on the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file and it should work.
    Last edited by Trekker; 09/05/2009 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
  8.    #2508  
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoyd View Post
    THIS IS MY DILLEMA AS WELL. I CANT GET ANYTHING TO RUN. I DELETED THE LINE FROM THE WINDOWS 32 BIT AND 64 BIT AND SAVE THE CHANGES. THEN IT SAYS THE FILE HAS BEEN CHANGED, DO I WANT TO SAVE AND I HIT YES. IT THEN LOCKS UP ON ME. HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >.>

    1) It is quite rude typing in all caps.
    2) Read the past few pages
  9. ujsc's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    #2509  
    Jason,

    Could you make a new thread..thiis ons is too long. Just a friendly suggestion.
  10. #2510  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Go to the first post in this thread. Download the WebOSDoctor recovery rom. Choose either the Sprint Download or Bell Download, whichever you use.

    Download it into the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar.

    Rename the file that you just downloaded (webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar) to WebOSDoctor.jar

    Once that is done, double click on the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file and it should work.
    God I must be stupid. I'm gonna get this to install if it kills me!
    BTW: I'm not as new as my info says, had to re-register.
  11. #2511  
    Quote Originally Posted by knucklehead1973 View Post
    God I must be stupid. I'm gonna get this to install if it kills me!
    BTW: I'm not as new as my info says, had to re-register.
    Did the instructions in the previous post not work? What type of problems are you getting? I'm using WinXP SP3 and had no issues with it.
  12. #2512  
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    Jason,

    Could you make a new thread..thiis ons is too long. Just a friendly suggestion.
    I hear the new version of WebOS quick install is going to jump straight to version 3 with a lot of improvements. Maybe that would be a good time to start a new thread.
  13. #2513  
    Finally got it downloaded by manually installing webOSdoctor and putting in the same folder as webOS quick install. When the the quick install box opens it doesn't give me an option to set as usb device. I still try to install filecoaster and does nothing. I'm gonna try reinstalling the novacom driver but I don't see it in the quick install options menu. I'll try it manually.
  14. #2514  
    Just a small bug to report:

    I unchecked the tweak for the battery percentage and successfully restored the battery icon to its original appearance.

    Now when I recheck the battery Icon tweak and the phone boots back up, the whole top row where the battery icon should be displayed is a solid white horizontal bar at the top of the display.

    Happily, I can still restore it back to the original look, but I would very much like to restore that tweak.

    I have rebooted the phone 3 times trying to reinstall that tweak each time, but all I get is that white bar instead of the % battery life.
  15. #2515  
    Quote Originally Posted by knucklehead1973 View Post
    Finally got it downloaded by manually installing webOSdoctor and putting in the same folder as webOS quick install. When the the quick install box opens it doesn't give me an option to set as usb device. I still try to install filecoaster and does nothing. I'm gonna try reinstalling the novacom driver but I don't see it in the quick install options menu. I'll try it manually.
    You don't get the window below when you open quick install then file, options?

  16. Ecode's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #2516  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulgallaher View Post
    Just a small bug to report:

    I unchecked the tweak for the battery percentage and successfully restored the battery icon to its original appearance.

    Now when I recheck the battery Icon tweak and the phone boots back up, the whole top row where the battery icon should be displayed is a solid white horizontal bar at the top of the display.

    Happily, I can still restore it back to the original look, but I would very much like to restore that tweak.

    I have rebooted the phone 3 times trying to reinstall that tweak each time, but all I get is that white bar instead of the % battery life.
    That was reported about 80 pages ago... try searching this thread for help - but IIRC it just comes to installing it again..... and on its own, not two tweaks at a time.
  17. #2517  
    Don't know you, will never meet you, but money donated for these AWESOME additions to make this the greatest phone!
  18. ujsc's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    #2518  
    I agree it's time.
  19. #2519  
    I get the following error (attached)everytime. I have the newest java, webos doctor and have rebooted my xp system.
  20. #2520  
    Quote Originally Posted by rodnel40 View Post
    I get the following error (attached)everytime. I have the newest java, webos doctor and have rebooted my xp system.

    There is nothing attached to your post? What error?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!

Posting Permissions