Page 125 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2575115120121122123124125126127128129130135175 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #2481  
    what size does the avatar need to be to fit properly in the box for the messaging tweak, I have 40x40 right now but its overlaps the side of box....send response to dewayne_brooks@comcast.net if possible
  2. #2482  
    can someone tell me what the GNU patch is or does im confuse =(
  3. #2483  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    can someone tell me what the GNU patch is or does im confuse =(
    I said this a few pages back, but GNU patch lets Preware patch files already on the Pre. This is necessary for getting the virtual keyboard.
  4. #2484  
    I used the option of being able to text messages while in landscape using an avatar and now i want to delete the avatar that i had chosen how can i do that? I like that i can type in landscape but i don't want an avatar to show up anymore.
    Any suggestions?
  5. #2485  
    when trying to root my pre, I type in cd \program files\palm\sdk\bin into the command prompt.
    Then I type in novacom -t open tty://
    But i get an error that it failed to connect to the server. Does anyone know what is wrong?
  6. #2486  
    Quote Originally Posted by jojolv56 View Post
    I am new to the Pre,and I have been trying to get the download of WebOs, but I have been unsuccesful. I am your average computer user and and not real high tech. I like it when it downloads and I just click and it works, lol. Anyway, I go to page 1 and double click the WebOS.jar. I click open and it come up that I need WebOs Doctor. Then the screen comes up and I choose Sprint. After that I can not no any further it give me an error message: java.io.FileNotFoundException:http//palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar. Is there a simple download to get this working on my pre?? I need the "for dummy" version, lol. Please help!
    I feel your pain- I'm having the exact same problem. I already downloaded the WebOs Doctor yet it still tells me it has to download it. I click yes and get that same error message. I was able to download the Pre Web Install fine. Not sure what I'm missing but frustrated at this point Please help!
  7. #2487  
    If you search this thread using keywords relevant to your issue, sometimes you do get exactly the answer you're looking for. I do admit, based on a recent problem I had (since solved, thanks again to all who've helped!) that not every issue is covered.

    But again, try the thread search feature, it works.


    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I always turn off developer mode when I'm done, this reboots the phone.
    Did not know that, thanks!
    BTW, do you need to enable devmode just when running the Quick Install tool?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    As stated, MANY times, the current patcher implementation is very hit and miss. All hacks are done at your own risk, and can be undone by unchecking the checkbox
    At lot of times (happened to me), a reboot (of both your PC and phone) will work wonders. Sometimes the 3rd (or so) reboot is the charm.
  8. #2488  
    I'm gettiing this error every time I've tried to install the WebOS quick install using sprint or emulator option:

    java.io.FileNotFoundException: http//palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdpctorp100ewwsprint.jar

    I don't know what to do!!

    PS: I did the Java update even.
  9.    #2489  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimep View Post
    I feel your pain- I'm having the exact same problem. I already downloaded the WebOs Doctor yet it still tells me it has to download it. I click yes and get that same error message. I was able to download the Pre Web Install fine. Not sure what I'm missing but frustrated at this point Please help!
    Make sure the 2 jars are in the same folder

    Quote Originally Posted by milovic View Post
    I'm gettiing this error every time I've tried to install the WebOS quick install using sprint or emulator option:

    java.io.FileNotFoundException: http//palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdpctorp100ewwsprint.jar

    I don't know what to do!!

    PS: I did the Java update even.
    Look over the past 2 pages, this issue has been adressed many times
  10. #2490  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    BTW, do you need to enable devmode just when running the Quick Install tool?
    Yes, I just enable it when I need to run Quick Install and then when I'm finished installing tweaks, I disable it.
  11. #2491  
    Does anyone use WebOS Quick Install along with the SDK? I tried to install it on Windows. It blew away NovaCom. Just tried it on Ubuntu, blew away my USB connectivity to my Pre for palm-install. I thought it was just 1.2, so I WebOS Doctor Wiped back to 1.1. Still can't see a USB device with palm-install.

    Any suggestions?

    I'm on Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit. Have to force architecture for NovaCom install, but replacing it didn't fix this issue.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  12. #2492  
    Im trying to get the virtual keyboard...and every time i click on the button under the minus sign...it always say that my device isnt found...can yew help me please...
  13. #2493  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Look over the past 2 pages, this issue has been adressed many times
    Yes and it seems that the people that keep asking the same questions only have 1 or 2 posts. They take the time to register and post a question but won't take the time to do a little searching. In many cases the answer to their question is on the same page that they post!

    I'll bet this thread could easily be 1/4 it's current size if people would only read the very first post in the thread!
  14. #2494  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Make sure the 2 jars are in the same folder


    Look over the past 2 pages, this issue has been adressed many times
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Yes and it seems that the people that keep asking the same questions only have 1 or 2 posts. They take the time to register and post a question but won't take the time to do a little searching. In many cases the answer to their question is on the same page that they post!

    I'll bet this thread could easily be 1/4 it's current size if people would only read the very first post in the thread!
    Amen borthers, AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!
    Irish
  15. #2495  
    If this were 6 or so years ago, with a lot of free time at work (don't ask), I would've probably put together a quick guide, covering both the install (and requirements, etc) and troubleshooting. Of course, it would had to be updated on a frequent basis, several times a day.

    But who has the time these days? Glad we at least have these boards and everyone who puts in whatever free time they have.

    Thanks to all!
  16. #2496  
    Kudos and sincere appreciation to all who developed this. It is a lifeline to people like me - who have no idea about linux.

    one question - does this have the download pdf function enabled - I cant seem to download and view pdf's
  17. scottyyyyy's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #2497  
    I am trying to download the quick install file and get a java.io.filenotfound exception:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...oewwsprint.jar error. It won't go any further. Is anyone else getting this? I have tried my pc and my laptop. no success on either. Help please.
  18. #2498  
    ^^^

    Wow, seriously?

    //edit: Jason, you know what? It would probably be a good idea to update the OP with this latest issue.

    Saves you (and everyone else ) some grief.
  19. #2499  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Make sure the 2 jars are in the same folder


    Look over the past 2 pages, this issue has been adressed many times
    i did read the posts but will go thru the pages again and retry. Thks to all responses.
  20. #2500  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    If this were 6 or so years ago, with a lot of free time at work (don't ask), I would've probably put together a quick guide, covering both the install (and requirements, etc) and troubleshooting. Of course, it would had to be updated on a frequent basis, several times a day.
    The problem with that is you would still have dozens if not hundreds of people that would not bother to read it and just keep posting the same questions over and over.

    The first post in this thread gives the answers to the most repeated questions and yet people still won't read it.

Posting Permissions