Page 124 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2474114119120121122123124125126127128129134174 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Where do i download webos??? im having alot of trouble
    Having trouble with the Quick Install, I can get to where it tell me I need to install MSDoc and I choose Sprint then I get an error message and it will not go any further. The error message reads: Error: java.io.FileNotFoundException:http://palm.cd.networks.net/staging/...0weesprint.jar. I would love to enjoy the apps like others but I am unable to get past this. I checked my Java and it said it was correct
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Is there a dedicated thread for people having issues w/ SMS not working after installing QuickInstall? I've disabled all tweaks and yet, I cannot get into any SMS convos -it just lists them.

It just lists them? What do you mean, lists them where? You might want to try the following:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1861013
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    It just lists them? What do you mean, lists them where? You might want to try the following:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1861013
    When you start the SMS app, it lists all the previous conversation threads -that's what I mean by "lists". However, when I click on any thread, it does nothing.

See the screenshot below if somehow my explanation above still doesn't paint the picture:

That's all I get when I load the SMS app; I cannot click on any thread, it simply does nothing. And as I mentioned earlier, I am having this issue exactly after applying the landscape SMS/email mode using the WebOSQuickInstall you linked.

I'm currently trying the fix you linked; I'll post back the results in a minute.
    Last edited by Carioca_FL; 09/05/2009 at 11:43 AM.
    On a different topic, was anyone able to change their dialer background using the Quick Install app? Whenever I tried it, all I get is the solid background...
    Yeah, I'm having this same issue too. I undid the tweaks, but now I get the error message that the device isn't connected. I'm running Vista 32 and had the same issue last night, but resolved it, installed some apps and used some tweaks. After disabling the message landscaping because I couldn't access the messages, the error message returns. When I press the button to try and reinstall novacom through quickinstall, nothing happens, or does it re-install it quickly? On a side note, Carioca, for someone who's asking for quite a bit of help, your posts are coming off as condescending and a little d-bag'ish. You might want to tone it down a bit.

Edit: Never mind. Restarted the computer again, restarted the Pre. Used the messaging zip file, restarted the pre again, and it works.
    Last edited by colin.mckean; 09/05/2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Resolved issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by rellbabyz View Post
    Where do i download webos??? im having alot of trouble
    Hint: Read the first post in this thread. Read it again. Yes, the whole first post.
    I have been enjoying several of the tweaks on my phone for a few days now.

I've read and reread page 1 and last 3 pages here several times.

Do I need to uninstall all the tweaks prior to Palm releasing the 1.2 update?

If I do need to uninstall my tweeks, does that mean I need to reinstall them first, so that I can then uncheck them to uninstall them?

Right now when I bring up the tweeks page from the tools menu, none of the tweek boxes are checked even though I installed at least 7 of them.

Finally, does anyone know how quickly this should be accomplished (assuming it needs to done at all)?
    where do i download it from? i tryed google-ing it but it wont let me find a site to download it from... help plz
    Quote Originally Posted by szczucinz44 View Post
    where do i download it from? i tryed google-ing it but it wont let me find a site to download it from... help plz
    Read the first post on the first page of this thread. All of your answers are there. After you follow those steps EXACTLY, report back if you have any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by szczucinz44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    i'm getting the same error as above:

ERROR:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

guess it's time to update that URL in the code for quick install
    How do you get around this error? Please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulgallaher View Post
    Do I need to uninstall all the tweaks prior to Palm releasing the 1.2 update?
    It would probably be a good idea. I plan on doing it.

If I do need to uninstall my tweeks, does that mean I need to reinstall them first, so that I can then uncheck them to uninstall them?

Right now when I bring up the tweeks page from the tools menu, none of the tweek boxes are checked even though I installed at least 7 of them.
    That is strange. All my tweaks still show as checked. But, yes I would check them again, one at a time, let the GUI reset before proceeding to the next one. Check to see if anything strange happens. Then you can uninstall them. I always turn off developer mode when I'm done, this reboots the phone.

Finally, does anyone know how quickly this should be accomplished (assuming it needs to done at all)?
    Personally, I'm going to wait until 1.2 is out before I uninstall my tweaks. Jason is also working on the next version of WebOS quick install, so I'm curious to see what hits first, the new 1.2 or the new quick install. Maybe the new version of quick install will have a feature to "uninstall all tweaks" instead of doing it one at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral32 View Post
    Rename "webosdoctorp100ewwsprint" to "webOSDoctor.jar" and save it into the same folder as the WebOSQuickInstall file.
    Its telling me the quick install file is invalid or corrupt, is there anywhere else i can get the download?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuface View Post
    Its telling me the quick install file is invalid or corrupt, is there anywhere else i can get the download?
    Where are you downloading it from? Where are you downloading it to?
    I am new to the Pre,and I have been trying to get the download of WebOs, but I have been unsuccesful. I am your average computer user and and not real high tech. I like it when it downloads and I just click and it works, lol. Anyway, I go to page 1 and double click the WebOS.jar. I click open and it come up that I need WebOs Doctor. Then the screen comes up and I choose Sprint. After that I can not no any further it give me an error message: java.io.FileNotFoundException:http//palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar. Is there a simple download to get this working on my pre?? I need the "for dummy" version, lol. Please help!
  18.    #2478  
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral32 View Post
    Download the WebOSDoctor manually from the link on the first post. Save the file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar then run WebOSQuickInstall.jar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuface View Post
    First post has the link.
    i used the messages tweak and now my phone not working!
  20.    #2480  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOE509 View Post
    i used the messages tweak and now my phone not working!
    As stated, MANY times, the current patcher implementation is very hit and miss. All hacks are done at your own risk, and can be undone by unchecking the checkbox