Page 122 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2272112117118119120121122123124125126127132172 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    I am able to download the Webos Quickinstall app just fine, however when I answer 'yes', select carrier for Webos doctor download. It returns a error stating a bad link. I downloaded the Webos doctor app independent of this app and made sure that they both were in the same folder and tryed installing the Webos Quick install app and answering 'no' to the download and that dialog just disappears and nothing else happens. Is there something I am missing? I have java 1.6 installed and working. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3tricky View Post
    I am able to download the Webos Quickinstall app just fine, however when I answer 'yes', select carrier for Webos doctor download. It returns a error stating a bad link. I downloaded the Webos doctor app independent of this app and made sure that they both were in the same folder and tryed installing the Webos Quick install app and answering 'no' to the download and that dialog just disappears and nothing else happens. Is there something I am missing? I have java 1.6 installed and working. Thanks
    You'll need to rename the webosDoctor file to just "webOSDoctor.jar"
    I just noticed the extension myself.
    I'm trying to download the quick instal .jar and while in progess it tells me I need to download WebOSDr, so I select Sprint and click ok and virtually as soon as it starts I get an error that says: "java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar"

Help anyone????

I checked my Java and I have the latest version...
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Scroll up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Scroll up.
    So I change "webosdoctorp100ewwsprint" to "webOSDoctor.jar" and save it into the same folder I saved the WebOSQuickInstall file to?
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    use this link to download the current webos doctor this link works.. this is not the leaked 1.2
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar

Jason maybe add it to your OP
    Last edited by jack87; 09/05/2009 at 12:41 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  8.    #2428  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    So I change "webosdoctorp100ewwsprint" to "webOSDoctor.jar" and save it into the same folder I saved the WebOSQuickInstall file to?
    Yes
    ok, i know this topic has been discussed but I have read as much as my eyes can take. I did exactly what was said:
    unclicked each "tweak" seperately (sms landscape & forwarding), allowing EACH to completely install/uninstall original files but it still hasn't worked to restore text message functionality.

I have read here,
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/ge...k-install.html
    , that it may be possible to just simply add the missing files creating this problem. I really don't want to go to "see the doctor", if someone can please just fill me in on how to FIND those 3 files, and how to transfer them to the phone in their proper place, that would be glorious. im a noob, but I'm not an *****, just looking for some insight here, please be gentle haha

SUGGESTION: Do to the fact that there a multiple TWEAKS that can be applied using WebOS Quick Install, it might helpful to somehow consolodate threads related to each Tweak, thus preventing users to fish through 200 pages on a variety of specific topics. THANKS!
    First off, I should take back my harsh words; I was quite frustrated at the initial issues (as luck would have, the same day I decide to try this out is the same day Palm decides to stop hosting some crucial files).

I finally got it working by completely deleting both files, redownloading WebOSDoc and re-running the .jar file, this time with both on the same directory. This crucial piece of info is only related on the Troubleshooting section; the wiki listing the install options (and PreCentral's How-to guide) are missing some details that could get a few people lost.

Luckily, though, we got a pretty good community here, and there's usually tons of help around. Thanks guys!
    First off, I should take back my harsh words; I was quite frustrated at the initial issues (as luck would have, the same day I decide to try this out is the same day Palm decides to stop hosting some crucial files).

I finally got it working by completely deleting both files, redownloading WebOSDoc and re-running the .jar file, this time with both on the same directory. This crucial piece of info is only related on the Troubleshooting section; the wiki listing the install options (and PreCentral's How-to guide) are missing some details that could get a few people lost.

Luckily, though, we got a pretty good community here, and there's usually tons of help around. Thanks guys!
    help! i read through the forums but still cannot figure out how to download the web os quick install. please help

-thanks rob
    Tried searching the thread on this issue but the workarounds aren't doing anything. I am having the infamous "missing SMS" issue, after applying the "txt fwd" tweak. (I had other issues with other tweaks, like the missing dialer, after trying to change its background. That got fixed, thankfully, but undoing the dialer tweak)

No luck wi the SMS issue; at first, it would only load a completely blank page (with the "txt fwd" tweak on). Disabling it now loads my SMS conversations, but clicking them does not load the conversation at all! The line even responds to my click by briefly changing its color, but nothing happens.

I already restarted the Pre a couple of times, the only tweaks now on are the 4x4 icons and add launcher page. I'll try removing those and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by rflores5532 View Post
    help! i read through the forums but still cannot figure out how to download the web os quick install. please help

-thanks rob
    haha its an attachment on the main OP
    MatterOfFactJack
    ive gotten as far as installing the file coaster but when i plug my phone in to the computer it needs to install drivers. i go with it but they are not found. Where did i screw it up?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    ive followed EVERY SINGLE instruction including reinstalling Novacom instructions and everytime i plug phone into comp and click charge it looks to install the driver and the webos program says error no device found omg im going INSANE could someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me!!!! mzjersie@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersie View Post
    ive followed EVERY SINGLE instruction including reinstalling Novacom instructions and everytime i plug phone into comp and click charge it looks to install the driver and the webos program says error no device found omg im going INSANE could someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me!!!! mzjersie@gmail.com
    Did you put your phone in developer mode?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    yes in developer mode - and its a vista 32

im like about 2 freakn throw my pre im usually good at this kind of stuff sumone please?
    ok went back through the thread and fixed it. jersie mine was doing the exact same thing i did the novacom reinstall then restarted my computer. works fine now.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i did that i pressed the reinstall button in webos it did nothing so i followd those one instructions where u use orca ect and restarted... even took it out of developer mode and put it back in developer mode.. when i go to start - run - it says palm nov.. is started like stated in the trouble shoot guide.. what can I do im goin nuts!
    Last edited by Jersie; 09/05/2009 at 03:43 AM.