Page 121 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2171111116117118119120121122123124125126131171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GTLongshot View Post
    It won't download it at all for me, even with the new link. Instead the download opens up a script page. It's borked for the moment because of the upgrade, I'm guessing.
    Weird, I just redownloaded it from that link to see if it's 1.1 or 1.2 and it worked fine (and is 1.1) The real way to find the right link is to go to www.palm.com/rom and after going through the online wizard and entering your serial number it'll download a .jnlp file. Open that up in a text browser and you'll see "codebase=" followed by the first half of the link, and then "<jar href=" followed by the .jar file name. Combine the two and you're all set.

Also, you'll need to rename the file to "webOSDoctor.jar" and put it in the same folder as "WebOSQuickInstall.jar" for it to be detected.
  2.    #2402  
    I'll update the next version with the new link:
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar
    I installed the file which created this folder...
    [IMG]C:\Users\Pat\Pictures\Dave\Untitled.jpg[/IMG]

how do i get to web os quick install?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Also, you'll need to rename the file to "webOSDoctor.jar" and put it in the same folder as "WebOSQuickInstall.jar" for it to be detected.
    Ok, is this anywhere on the instructions? I did it and now running the Quick Install jar file works as intended, bypassing the download screen as it detects I have WebOSDoc installed.

If this is missing, it's a pretty critical piece of information that should've been included.
    I installed what i thought was webos quick install and it created a folder "ckz_NGQJ". I double clicked the set up file and it installed webosdoctor and the drop app on my desktop for ipk files. How do I get WebOs Quick install?
    Why do I get this Error Message when trying to run the webos quickinstall...

ERROR:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

I tried installing the webos earlier and I dont know if it ever installed correctly. I think I might have a previous version of webos quick install but i cant find it anywhere. please help me in trying to resolve this issue
    This is such a nifty tool.....did the mods with no problems....everything works well....especially the preware to use the virtual keyboard!!! thank's so much jason!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Ok, is this anywhere on the instructions? I did it and now running the Quick Install jar file works as intended, bypassing the download screen as it detects I have WebOSDoc installed.

If this is missing, it's a pretty critical piece of information that should've been included.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockshox1314 View Post
    Why do I get this Error Message when trying to run the webos quickinstall...

ERROR:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

I tried installing the webos earlier and I dont know if it ever installed correctly. I think I might have a previous version of webos quick install but i cant find it anywhere. please help me in trying to resolve this issue
    Sweet. This little hiccup on Palm's part is getting me closer to my 3000th reply. Keep up the good work everyone.

Edit: Cool. I was 2400.
    Last edited by bpdamas; 09/04/2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Fun
    I found a work around incase anyone is just getting the 'path' error when you try and download both the webDoctor and the QuickInstall together. Just save the .jar files seperately to your computer from the palm website and then run them normally.
    Ok, this is seriously not ready for prime time...

Well, the whole issue is that Palm changed the link location and the file name that it automatically downloads as. Otherwise, it would've just worked and automatically downloaded the file you need, and put it where it it's supposed to be. This is something that has changed within the last few hours, so it's going to take a little bit for Jason to update the app to automatically do it.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 09/04/2009 at 06:32 PM.
  12.    #2412  
    Just save the WebOSDoctor.jar to the same place as WebOSQuickInstall.jar and it will run.

Ok, this is seriously not ready for prime time...
    Thousands already using it quite regularly would disagree.

Having been one of the few who has read all 120 pages of posts, I am always amazed at those who jump to the last page and wonder why they can't make it work.

If you take the time to follow the installation directions clearly documented on the very first post page, you would already be installing apps & tweaks..
    Irish

Page 1 of this thread, it's in the instructions.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    that sucks that i have to take off tweaks for a update so we cant keep them on and update without it messing our phone up?
    I get an error java.io.filenotfoundexceptionhttp://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar I was wondering If you could help me? I get this when I try to download the webos file.
    Read above (maybe the last page by now too).
    where do i find the webosquickinstall file to save the other file to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    Nice! Downloading now to test it out!
    please help me with getting these apps on my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    Nice! Downloading now to test it out!
    please help me with getting these apps on my pre