Page 120 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2070110115116117118119120121122123124125130170 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I have WebosQuickInstall (the latest)

I am::
    in DevMode
    on Just Charge

I have Palm Novacom b/c it pops up when i am "safely removing" my pre
    But its not in my Services.msc... I used to be able to start & stop it on there but now it is not listed. How do I get it to be listed on there???

As well on WebosQuickInstall I am getting "no device detected" & i dont understand why did everything on the troubleshooting guide

PLZ HELLPPPPP!
    Quote Originally Posted by dredgetech17 View Post
    Problems with email, need help.

I turned on the email view landscape feature, and now when I go to send an email all I get is a white screen of nothing, no matter where I try and send it from on my pre.

I have looked through many pages of these post and am sorry if I am kicking a dead horse. Just point me in the right direction at least. Although an explanation would be the great. Many thanks.
    It is affecting some Pre's in that manner. If it continues to be an issue after you try to remove it and re-add it again, I'd just keep it disabled for now.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasipre View Post
    I have WebosQuickInstall (the latest)

I am::
    in DevMode
    on Just Charge

I have Palm Novacom b/c it pops up when i am "safely removing" my pre
    But its not in my Services.msc... I used to be able to start & stop it on there but now it is not listed. How do I get it to be listed on there???

As well on WebosQuickInstall I am getting "no device detected" & i dont understand why did everything on the troubleshooting guide

PLZ HELLPPPPP!
    Make sure it's not listed in your programs.

Add/remove programs > Novacom (if it is there, uninstall it so that you can get a clean install because it might have been corrupted).

Now go back and reinstall it from WebOS Quick Install: WebOS Quick Install > File > options > reinstall Novacom
    Quote Originally Posted by dredgetech17 View Post
    Problems with email, need help.

I turned on the email view landscape feature, and now when I go to send an email all I get is a white screen of nothing, no matter where I try and send it from on my pre.

I have looked through many pages of these post and am sorry if I am kicking a dead horse. Just point me in the right direction at least. Although an explanation would be the great. Many thanks.
    With tweaks, I'd suggest applying them after restoring default/factory settings to a given app
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Does the WebOS quickinstall recognize your Pre and if so, did you send the four files for messaging to your Pre (removing Text forwarding and Text landscape BEFORE you sent the files to your Pre)?
    Yes and they had no affect.

I'm about 50% through WebOSDoctor right now. I went off for a few hours with my laptop shut down and the phone off. Powered up everything and it connected again successfully.

Before I add all my files back, I'll attempt the patches one at a time. Then add all my personal files back in.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    im still wondering do we have to remove tweaks before we get updates from palm
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    im still wondering do we have to remove tweaks before we get updates from palm
    Yes, remove the tweaks before you install the Palm updates. It's better to have a stock Pre as Palm doesn't write their updates knowing that we have tweaks installed on our Pres. Once you install the Palm update, check back to this forum to see what effects the new update had. If it breaks a tweak, just have patience till the tweak is handled by the Jason/developers so that it works with the new update.
    Freshly wiped are restored pre...try messaging patch again. Landscape works, but can't open texts or conversations.

Gonna try the send files. Any thoughts before I have to webosdoctor again?
  9.    #2389  
    Quote Originally Posted by StrobeAlific View Post
    Freshly wiped are restored pre...try messaging patch again. Landscape works, but can't open texts or conversations.

Unchecking it will restore things.
    Quote Originally Posted by StrobeAlific View Post

So BEFORE you send the files, you're making sure that Landscape tweak has been removed and that text forwarding has been removed, correct? And you are removing each tweak one at a time, correct (allowing the GUI to restart on your pre after each tweak removal)?

If so, you're sending the 3 .jsjsjs $files$ $to$ $one$ $directory$ $and$ $the$ $final$ .$css$ $file$ $to$ $the$ $other$ $directory$, $correct$?

If you've done all the above correctly, I'd hold off on adding the tweak that is not working for you. Some Pre's are not taking this tweak correctly while others are. Just be patient and hold off to see if a future version will work for you.

Patience young Padawan.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 09/04/2009 at 04:24 PM.
    It keeps telling me invalid or corrupt file when i download the .jar file, why is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuface View Post
    It keeps telling me invalid or corrupt file when i download the .jar file, why is that?
    Are you using Firefox to download it or are you behind a corporate/work firewall?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Yes, remove the tweaks before you install the Palm updates. It's better to have a stock Pre as Palm doesn't write their updates knowing that we have tweaks installed on our Pres. Once you install the Palm update, check back to this forum to see what effects the new update had. If it breaks a tweak, just have patience till the tweak is handled by the Jason/developers so that it works with the new update.
    thank you for the reply
    Does doing a full erase remove the services that are installed by WebOS Quick Install? I was curious and I don't think I have seen this yet. Also, will a full erase remove tweaks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Unchecking it will restore things.
    So BEFORE you send the files, you're making sure that Landscape tweak has been removed and that text forwarding has been removed, correct? And you are removing each tweak one at a time, correct (allowing the GUI to restart on your pre after each tweak removal)?

If so, you're sending the 3 .jsjsjs $files$ $to$ $one$ $directory$ $and$ $the$ $final$ .$css$ $file$ $to$ $the$ $other$ $directory$, $correct$?

If you've done all the above correctly, I'd hold off on adding the tweak that is not working for you. Some Pre's are not taking this tweak correctly while others are. Just be patient and hold off to see if a future version will work for you.

Patience young Padawan.
    Unchecking does not restore things for me...at least when it comes to the Messaging tweak. However, the Forwarding tweak does work. I've sent the files and they restored messaging just fine, this time. Forwarding intact but no landscape...

Initially, before I webosdoctor'ed the sucker...the send files and uncheck as well as forwarding did not work. So, at least I have forwarding. I will have to live without the landscape mode in messaging for now.

All other tweaks seemed to be working before, so I'm now going to add them back in one at a time. I'll update you with results.
    Hey guys, when I run the WebOS quick install .jar file, it starts up fine, lets me choose Sprint as my provider, but when it tries to download WebOSDoctor, I get this error:

Can I download the Sprint version of WebOSDoctor from someplace else? (I haven't even searched to see if it's available).
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Hey guys, when I run the WebOS quick install .jar file, it starts up fine, lets me choose Sprint as my provider, but when it tries to download WebOSDoctor, I get this error:

Can I download the Sprint version of WebOSDoctor from someplace else? (I haven't even searched to see if it's available).
    Im guessing this has something to do with the webos 1.2 leak. I was trying to dowload it too to my mac. I should have copied it from my work PC, too late now. Just gonna have to wait for it to come back up.
    Seriously?? Man, the day I finally decide to try out the Homebrew scene, this happens?

Guess since I've waited this long already, I should wait 'til WebOS 1.2 is out and try it again. I was also concerned a little bit that even though there's the Palm backup feature, there are many things that don't get backed up.
    Last edited by Carioca_FL; 09/04/2009 at 05:13 PM.
    They changed the link to the file. Instead of being the link in that image, it's now:

<edited: see my next post for instructions>

No idea if that'll download 1.1 or 1.2 though.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 09/04/2009 at 05:36 PM.
    Ok, so I got WebOSDoc installed, so what happens next? When I run the Quick Install jar file, if I click "No" to download WebOSDoc (as I already have it installed), it just disappears.

If I click "yes", it throws up the same error as above. Since I already installed WebOSDoc, shouldn't the Quick Install detect that?