Page 12 of 184 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    i cannot get this to work. i did it one time but it never worked again. evertime i click on webos quick install i get the MUST DOWNLOAD WEBDOCTOR that pops up.. i am ready to pull my hair out on this. any help is awesome.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Im a newbie! i just updated to webOS 1.1 if this safe to do or is everyone still on 1.04 to install homebrew??
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Jason, whenever I put into dev mode, it prompts me that the device must be reset for this action to take effect? Is that correct?
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by rnoboa View Post
    Can you give us an update on when you'll have 1.1 up? Also, can someone else post up 1.0? The link that was posted creates a borked version that isn't a Java app, but rather a folder.
    Java apps are also considered archive folders by some programs. As stated in FAQs, do not attempt to unzip. Reinstall Java if double-clicking the .jar does nothing.

That said, I've setup a download mirror at WebOSQuickInstall.jar

Quote Originally Posted by runsenorun View Post
    I take it back... it looks like it wants to work, but I get "Error 1: Connection refused". I know this is user error on my part.
    Try v1.2

Quote Originally Posted by ibthaone78 View Post
    Any help????
    I keep getting a: "Compressed (zipped) Folders Error" message saying access is denied... any help w/this?
    Easiest suggestion, reinstall Java

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    I am unable to get the Developer Mode App to show up. I click File > Optoins and select, "Show DevMode app in the launcher," reset my device and then ... nothing.
    Hmm, 'll investigate this. I only have an emulator to do my main testing on and that was one feature I don't think any of the beta testers tried, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by alex6137 View Post
    I have a mac and I can't install it. I try to open the file but nothing happens and I followed all the instructions.
    As stated there was a bug in v1.1. Try v1.2, should work.

Same for me Alex...I can't seem to download novacom at all...I'm using Windows Vista...does anyone know how to fix this problem?
    Ya try http://forums.precentral.net/newrepl...eply&p=1787155 ?

Don...I'm using Vista and can't seem to download novacom...can u provide any help?
    See above

Quote Originally Posted by cazman420 View Post
    i cannot get this to work. i did it one time but it never worked again. evertime i click on webos quick install i get the MUST DOWNLOAD WEBDOCTOR that pops up.. i am ready to pull my hair out on this. any help is awesome.
    Is this with the new v1.2? Try v1.2 and download WebOSDoctor throught it.

Quote Originally Posted by ostrange View Post
    Im a newbie! i just updated to webOS 1.1 if this safe to do or is everyone still on 1.04 to install homebrew??
    Yes, this app works with WebOS 1.1

Oh, and I remember a while ago someone asked about RTNReset support. To that person, I've added an RTN Reset button (untested, but no msl required) to the secret panel. To get to the secret panel, go to the about screen and type "nova"
    Absolutely nothing happens when I run the program. I'm running Windows 7, have novacom installed, and have dev mode turned on. The QuickInstall program launches, and my Pre is set on charge only mode, but I can't get into device management or install anything :/
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shcherbatskaya View Post
    Absolutely nothing happens when I run the program. I'm running Windows 7, have novacom installed, and have dev mode turned on. The QuickInstall program launches, and my Pre is set on charge only mode, but I can't get into device management or install anything :/
    You followed my Win7 novacom guide, right? And when you say nothing happens, do you mean the program doesn't even start. If that's the case, you may need to reinstall Java. Also, I'd check to make sure Novacom is running (see the FAQs post, page #6 post 113)
    I followed the guide, the program starts just fine. Novacom is set to "automatic" in the services file, it set itself to that automatically.
    When I open the .jar file, the program launches, I am able to add .ipk files to the list, but if I click on "Install" or try and get into device management, nothing happens. My Pre is plugged in via USB and set to charge only.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    should i leave developer mode on???
    Everything is installed. When i click on webosquickinstall on my desktop it downloads webosdoctor. After webosdoctor is done downloading i get a popup asking me if i want to install as usb device or as emulator. I choose emulator, an install folder is created and set to my desktop, but the folder is empty.

Any help? I've tried downloading/reinstalling java multiple times. I'm on windows vista 32bit.
    Just like others, I can open the program and download webosdoctor. But after this, nothing happens when I try the device manager or try installing an app.

I reinstalled Java and am running Mac OS X 10.5.7.
  10.    #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by ostrange
    should i leave developer mode on???
    up to you personally, I know many people that do.

Everything is installed. When i click on webosquickinstall on my desktop it downloads webosdoctor. After webosdoctor is done downloading i get a popup asking me if i want to install as usb device or as emulator. I choose emulator, an install folder is created and set to my desktop, but the folder is empty.
    That's what's supposed to happen. That's where apps in the install queue go and get cleared out on installation to device. At this point, all you really should need to do is launch WebOSQuickInstall.jar

Quote Originally Posted by kbpre24 View Post
    I can open the program and download webosdoctor. But after this, nothing happens when I try the device manager or try installing an app.

I reinstalled Java and am running Mac OS X 10.5.7.
    Did you follow my page 1 instructions?
    For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.
    Thanks for the advice; unfortunately, every time i attempt to open it it says "first time setup (etc)". This happens every time, I then select something and nothing happens. The program never launches. When i attempt to move the file or rename it, I'm told it's already in use, but it's not actually open.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Fantastic program. I was using the SDK install method, and while I didn't mind it this is so much simpler.

I also used this program to install filecoaster, so I can install new programs from the road.

Thaks
    I tried starting the process all over again. I downloaded version 1.2, which, when launched, asked me to download the WebOSDoctor, which it did. After that, nothing happened besides it creating an Install folder. (There was no prompt about installing as a emulator or device, as someone mentioned in their own post, though I am able to open the option menu in the program) The folder is collecting all the .ipks that I load into the program, but still nothing happens if I attempt to install them or to open the device manager. My Pre is definitely being read by the computer, as putting it in USB Drive mode prompts it to explore the files.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I tried starting the process all over again. I downloaded version 1.2, which, when launched, asked me to download the WebOSDoctor, which it did. After that, nothing happened besides it creating an Install folder. (There was no prompt about installing as a emulator or device, as someone mentioned in their own post, though I am able to open the option menu in the program) The folder is collecting all the .ipks that I load into the program, but still nothing happens if I attempt to install them or to open the device manager. My Pre is definitely being read by the computer, as putting it in USB Drive mode prompts it to explore the files.
    nuttin happens here!!! i have the install folder and when i click on quickinstall nothin happens after tryin USB & Emulator i dont know what to do and it's takin up too much of my time!!
  15.    #235  
    (There was no prompt about installing as a emulator or device, as someone mentioned in their own post, though I am able to open the option menu in the program)
    That's because I put that as a first-run setup. If you had a previous version, you won't see that pop-up again (though you can see that same option in the Options screen, as you said.

The folder is collecting all the .ipks that I load into the program, but still nothing happens if I attempt to install them or to open the device manager. My Pre is definitely being read by the computer, as putting it in USB Drive mode prompts it to explore the files.
    Make sure you have DevMode enabled and when you plugin your Pre you choose "just charge"
    Dev mode is on, I've tripled checked that one. I've been running it on Charge, I only tried it on USB Drive to ensure the computer was reading the device. I also never got the prompt about installing as an emulator or device the first time. Had someone not mentioned that in their own post, I never would have known that install step existed.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Update works like a charm on my mac. Thanks
    I'm getting this when I attempt to execute this jar file.

Picasa Web Albums - Norm

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Like others above I'm not getting past WebOSDoctor download dialog. Stack trace shows a NPE:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ca.canucksoftware.WebOSQuickInstallApp.theDoctorIsIn(WebOSQuickInstallApp.java:74)
    at ca.canucksoftware.WebOSQuickInstallApp.startup(WebOSQuickInstallApp.java:30)
    Why do i keep getting device not found when trying to install app??? HELP!!!!!