Page 119 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1969109114115116117118119120121122123124129169 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #2361  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmsols View Post
    thats the thing, I read your replies to everyone. I unclicked and it doesn't work now. I can not receive texts at all. It worked fine with the 2.02 mod but this one with pics does not work and messed up my text messages. If I do web doctor will I have to reroot my pre? Or can I just turn my dev mode back on and install everything again?
    Try following
    http://forums.precentral.net/1861013-post1940.html
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Thank you but a little to late for me, I just web doctored my phone........ And not I am in the process of rerooting
    Quote Originally Posted by gmsols View Post
    thats the thing, I read your replies to everyone. I unclicked and it doesn't work now. I can not receive texts at all. It worked fine with the 2.02 mod but this one with pics does not work and messed up my text messages. If I do web doctor will I have to reroot my pre? Or can I just turn my dev mode back on and install everything again?
    Had the same problem.. Removed it with 2.02.. And was able to get to work with 2.03 may have been luck but its worth a try..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    i'm pretty much a noob when it comes to this stuff, bit where do i download this "WebOSQuickInstall.jar" i see no link for it
    Quote Originally Posted by elmira4ever View Post
    i'm pretty much a noob when it comes to this stuff, bit where do i download this "WebOSQuickInstall.jar" i see no link for it
    Webosquickinstall.jar click here
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    If i install tweaks can i uninstall them in 2.04?

I have to uninstall all tweaks if palm releases an update i want to download?

Thanks Jason i'm glad to see you got web os this far
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Is the Battery% supposed to have live readings? Mine only shows the current reading when I click it.

Thanks.
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    i was just wondering right now....is it possible for the battery meter..dont get me wrong i love the battery % but wut if we click on the top right and we can c an ETA of when the phone will die? do u think thats possible?
    My boot screen shows both the pictures I added but then the palm default image show up than the images I add shows back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    My boot screen shows both the pictures I added but then the palm default image show up than the images I add shows back up.
    Sounds to me like your restarting the Pre...it will show your images while shutting down....then the Palm logo on initial startup, then your images again while loading everything. I tend to think of the Palm logo as the Dell screen that pops up before windows starts up on my PC.

If your not restarting, then I have no idea, hahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    thats normal. happens 2 me 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Eg-Sick View Post
    I keep getting the no device message to cant figure this out kelp please
    this may sound stupid but did you try rebooting the pre i was getting the same error no matter what i did i rebooted the pc no change rebooted the pre its now all to the good so i would say start there.
    okay...I was having the messaging problem too. downloaded Jason's zip (backupfiles). WebOSQuickInstall recognizes my pre and I uploaded the files successfully. However, my pre is not recognizing that I'm connected to my laptop via USB and vice versa. It also didn't fix my messaging problem and now I have now indicators at the top of my pre screen and I can't backup my photos and ringers, videos, etc. via USB to reset using webosdoctor. HELP!
    New Request (Thought I'm sure it'll be hard as hell): Being able to change the carrier string.
    I really love WebOS Quick Install. I have not read through this huge thread so please excuse me if this has been mentioned before.

4x4 Icon - I love it, but there seems to be a better way to have them arranged then the way the quick installer does it. When you have 16 icons on the page it shows that little arrow down which always makes me think there are more stuff down. Can we have the 4x4 icons like in this post. http://forums.precentral.net/1821439-post32.html . Just a suggestion. Thanks. Keep up the great work.

Jacob
    Quote Originally Posted by StrobeAlific View Post
    okay...I was having the messaging problem too. downloaded Jason's zip (backupfiles). WebOSQuickInstall recognizes my pre and I uploaded the files successfully. However, my pre is not recognizing that I'm connected to my laptop via USB and vice versa. It also didn't fix my messaging problem and now I have now indicators at the top of my pre screen and I can't backup my photos and ringers, videos, etc. via USB to reset using webosdoctor. HELP!
    When you say uploaded the files successfully, which files? The .zip files for the messaging fix were sucessfully sent to your Pre and then you rebooted your Pre? Is this correct?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    When you say uploaded the files successfully, which files? The .zip files for the messaging fix were sucessfully sent to your Pre and then you rebooted your Pre? Is this correct?
    Yes. Just a few minutes ago, rebooted phone and laptop, deleted webosquickinstall and upgraded to newest build, turned off (unchecked) every patch. I regained USB access, however messaging still not working. I copied all my files to a folder on my laptop.

Started to try and webosdoctor the sucker...fail. It started saying it was going, first step was battery charge or something like that, then it disconnected itself from my phone. I still had the large USB icon on my pre screen for a few minutes. I finally unplugged from usb and the icon remained. I held down the power button and it turned off. I powered up again and it came up as before, no messaging functionality but everything else back to pre-patch.

Tried running WebOSDoctor again, it won't recognize my phone. Geez. Any other ideas or thoughts?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by photojake View Post
    I really love WebOS Quick Install. I have not read through this huge thread so please excuse me if this has been mentioned before.

4x4 Icon - I love it, but there seems to be a better way to have them arranged then the way the quick installer does it. When you have 16 icons on the page it shows that little arrow down which always makes me think there are more stuff down. Can we have the 4x4 icons like in this post. http://forums.precentral.net/1821439-post32.html . Just a suggestion. Thanks. Keep up the great work.

Jacob
    Hey those are my screen shots

But I completely agree with photojake. Jason, can the 4x4 tweak on webos quick install be adjusted to get rid of the down arrow? I did it manually and got it working good; I can give you my changes to the original file so you can see where to adjust.
    Quote Originally Posted by StrobeAlific View Post
    Yes. Just a few minutes ago, rebooted phone and laptop, deleted webosquickinstall and upgraded to newest build, turned off (unchecked) every patch. I regained USB access, however messaging still not working. I copied all my files to a folder on my laptop.

Started to try and webosdoctor the sucker...fail. It started saying it was going, first step was battery charge or something like that, then it disconnected itself from my phone. I still had the large USB icon on my pre screen for a few minutes. I finally unplugged from usb and the icon remained. I held down the power button and it turned off. I powered up again and it came up as before, no messaging functionality but everything else back to pre-patch.

Tried running WebOSDoctor again, it won't recognize my phone. Geez. Any other ideas or thoughts?
    Does the WebOS quickinstall recognize your Pre and if so, did you send the four files for messaging to your Pre (removing Text forwarding and Text landscape BEFORE you sent the files to your Pre)?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Problems with email, need help.

I turned on the email view landscape feature, and now when I go to send an email all I get is a white screen of nothing, no matter where I try and send it from on my pre.

I have looked through many pages of these post and am sorry if I am kicking a dead horse. Just point me in the right direction at least. Although an explanation would be the great. Many thanks.