Page 118 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1868108113114115116117118119120121122123128168 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    so im wondering in later versions of quick-install would there be a possibillity of installing themes like this to our pre's?

heres the link

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...lue-theme.html
    I keep getting the no device message to cant figure this out kelp please
    when i reinstall the novacom it says that it couldnt be installed unpluged device but im not touching it
    JspecRx7
    Does your WebOsQuickInstaller open when you click it? If so, go into file click on options and there it will show your options for usb or emulator. If not make sure webosquickinstaller and webosdoctor are in the same folder
    After all the rave reviews for homebrew apps I decided it was about time i get on the ball and start adding some. I've been frustrated with this all night now, because I have been receiving the dreaded "ERROR: No device found", even after most of these seem to have been resolved. I know specifics are most helpful to anyone willing to help me diagnose, so I'll go through the details.

I think I've tried everything from this thread, but here goes

Windows Vista 64 bit
    Palm Pre
    Never been rooted (I've read a million times this doesn't matter, but there ya go)

Downloaded WebOS quickinstall
    Launched, WebOSdoctor dl'ed fine
    Set WebOS Quickinstall to USB device
    DL'ed filecoaster, added to WebOS QI
    Pre in dev mode
    Plugged in to 'Just Charge'
    Hit install, got a connection error, hit OK, got ERROR:No Device Found

Went to the webos QI option to attempt to reinstall novacom
    reset pre dev mode
    restarted PC
    Launched woebos QI, hit install, received ERROR: No Device Found

Uninstalled novacom from control panel/add/remove programs
    service was still present on msi
    followed instructions from windows 7 thread to a tee (so i don't retype them all)
    restarted PC

unplugged USB printer
    at this point, windows would lock up whenever I tried to even access the 'removeable drive' that would appear when the pre was plugged in
    plugged the printer back in, it was able to recognize the pre again

partial erase of pre

tried win86 version of extracted novacom msi from windows 7 thread,

all of these steps I should note I have also tried while in USB and Just Charge mode, with developer mode on and off.

I thought for sure I would resolve this by now, but its killin me.

Oh, also, I couldn't get my wife's vista 32 laptop to recognize it either through webos QI.

Ive disabled firewallos, deleted other palm drivers, typed novacom -l into the command line, if it's in this thread, I think I've tried it.

I want to use all the apps that people are coming up with, but sigh. I'll even take the method that doesn't involve webos qi, but i think that involves the SDK, which I've now installed and gotten the message "Connection refused. Are you running the emulator?" from palm inspector, whatever that is.

Can you tell I'm at the end of my rope? trying to be self educating here, but any help is obviouslyt vastly appreciated. I'll herald your apps for sure when I can use them, had the Pre since the first day, and dying for app love.

thanks for reading this far

edit: also, just because I must have missed this or noone else has mentioned, when i get the error, WebOS QI locks up every time and the only way to kill it is through Task Mgr. Every time.
  6.    #2346  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    For the life of me I can't get landscape texting to work. I have the newest quick install and I unchecked all the boxes. When ever I install it my texting stops working. Any Help?
    As stated numerous times, the current patching system is very hit and miss. Best to just disable and wait for my upcoming update.

Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    Is there anything I need to do before or after the next update?
    Uncheck them before update is best

Quote Originally Posted by JspecRx7 View Post
    Ok something is not working out here. After the down load is complete the down load box disapears. There is no other prompt after that asking if I want to set it to a USB device. I have the latest version of Java, and picked the Sprint version of WebOSdocter to download. I've tried this on my desktop with Vista 32bit and on my laptop with Vista 64bit with the same results. What am I doing wrong? Thanks..!!
    What happens when you re-launcher WebOSQuickInstall.jar after WebOSDoctor had finished downloading to the same folder?

Quote Originally Posted by planetfour View Post
    Go StartMenu->Run...>"cmd.exe" and type:
    Code:
    novacom -l
    (that's a lowercase L by the way) and tell me what it says. Also, type:
    Code:
    java -version
    And tell me what it says
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    As stated numerous times, the current patching system is very hit and miss. Best to just disable and wait for my upcoming update.

What happens when you re-launcher WebOSQuickInstall.jar after WebOSDoctor had finished downloading to the same folder?

Code:
    novacom -l
    Code:
    java -version
    And tell me what it says
    do we need to remove tweaks for updates from palm? and will we be able to put themes on our pres with web-os quickinstall?

link to a theme

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...lue-theme.html
    I just took my Pre to the doctor, so all my tweak I manually applied wouldn't conflict with any of these and when I apply the Downloading in Web browser one, it doesn't let me view the web app at all or search for a web page. I can go without it, but I know it worked for me on earlier version. I've seen others post with same issue, but no fixes. The only things I have done is the tweaks from 2.03 since the doctor
    Code:
    novacom -l
    (that's a lowercase L by the way) and tell me what it says.
    says nothing, brings up the next "C:\Users\(username)>" prompt

Also, type:
    Code:
    java -version
    And tell me what it says
    " 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file"

I have java 1.6, and the java test page tells me I'm up to date

thx for the work on this app and the quick response

Code:
    novacom -l
    Code:
    java -version
    And tell me what it says
    Jason when is 2.04 coming out
    jason can you add the pager nagger mod to your program ?
  12.    #2352  
    says nothing, brings up the next "C:\Users\(username)>" prompt
    That's good. Having no earror means Novacom is installed correctly, just no devices are plugged in.

" 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file"

I have java 1.6, and the java test page tells me I'm up to date

thx for the work on this app and the quick response
    Sounds like this is the issue, try installing java (link in first post)

Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    Jason when is 2.04 coming out
    Next version won't be 2.04; a bigger version jump with more updates
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    So i did the landscape message mod and it didn't work. I can't select my texts anymore. I unchecked it and they still don't work. I have reset my device and that didn't work. I am turning dev mode off now to see if that works. If that doesn't then am I going to have to use the doctor? If so do I have to re root my pre?

Sounds like this is the issue, try installing java (link in first post)
    you mean reinstall? The installer says its already installed.
  15.    #2355  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmsols View Post
    So i did the landscape message mod and it didn't work. I can't select my texts anymore. I unchecked it and they still don't work. I have reset my device and that didn't work. I am turning dev mode off now to see if that works. If that doesn't then am I going to have to use the doctor? If so do I have to re root my pre?
    As stated many times, these mods are hit and miss currently, at won't work for everyone.

And, as stated, if a mod doesn't work, simply uncheck it in WebOS Quick Install and the original files will be restored
    eh, what the heck, reinstalled anyway to check. No change.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    thats the thing, I read your replies to everyone. I unclicked and it doesn't work now. I can not receive texts at all. It worked fine with the 2.02 mod but this one with pics does not work and messed up my text messages. If I do web doctor will I have to reroot my pre? Or can I just turn my dev mode back on and install everything again?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    If you use the doctor, you will have to do everything over again. even root your pre. Your contacts, calender will be saved.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a version of 2.02 they could send me. That worked
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Now WebOS Quick Install won't even recognize my pre