Page 116 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1666106111112113114115116117118119120121126166 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Unplug it from your PC and restart your PC and your Pre. Plug it back in and remove that tweak. See if this works for you.
    I did what you said but still nothing pops up on my Pre, my computer reconizes my Pre being plugged in but nothing comes up on my Pre to just charge so I can run Quick Install to de-activate the % on top of screen. I also just did a full erase on my phone from "device info, then reset options at the bottom and then full erase" and after it was all done doing it's thing, it still is the same. Now i'm kinda pissed off cause my phone is pretty much F'd up. I also just noticed that when I hold down the top hard button to turn it off, nothing comes up to ask what I want to do, so now I can't turn off my Pre. This is just great.
    i cant even get my pre to be detected by the web os program. what is going on guys. can anybody help me, ive been trying to figure this out for the last couple of days. every time i connect my pre the wb os says no device detected. please help this really sucks.
  3.    #2303  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmannyd View Post
    I did what you said but still nothing pops up on my Pre, my computer reconizes my Pre being plugged in but nothing comes up on my Pre to just charge so I can run Quick Install to de-activate the % on top of screen. I also just did a full erase on my phone from "device info, then reset options at the bottom and then full erase" and after it was all done doing it's thing, it still is the same. Now i'm kinda pissed off cause my phone is pretty much F'd up. I also just noticed that when I hold down the top hard button to turn it off, nothing comes up to ask what I want to do, so now I can't turn off my Pre. This is just great.
    May want to consider using WebOSDoctor
    Ok, since you've already done a full erase, you might as well use WebDr. This will take your Pre back to stock image (out of the box condition). Since you can't get the connection options on your Pre, do the following:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1867156
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    May want to consider using WebOSDoctor
    I would love to run the WebOSDoctor but I can't cause my phone is not giving me an option to do anything when I plug it into the computer. The computer is reconizing it just fine, it's the phone end not responding. What do I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurayjay View Post
    i cant even get my pre to be detected by the web os program. what is going on guys. can anybody help me, ive been trying to figure this out for the last couple of days. every time i connect my pre the wb os says no device detected. please help this really sucks.
    This is too little information. Please read page 1 of this thread (all the information that you need is there). It also includes the required information that we need to help you on your issue. Thanks.
  7.    #2307  
    I would love to run the WebOSDoctor but I can't cause my phone is not giving me an option to do anything when I plug it into the computer. The computer is reconizing it just fine, it's the phone end not responding. What do I do?
    Just try plugging it in the use WebOSDoctor as is.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just try plugging it in the use WebOSDoctor as is.
    I just did the following:
    1) Remove the battery
    2) Press and hold the volume up button
    3) Plug the USB charging cable into the wall charger, and insert the USB cable into the Pre.(you will see a picture of a battery and a question mark at this point)
    4) Insert the battery.
    5) Release the volume up button.

At this point, you will see a full-screen "USB" symbol, instead of the normal small USB symbol over a picture of the Pre. DO NOT CONNECT THE PRE TO YOUR PC YET. Once the webOS Doctor asks you to plug in the Pre, take the USB cable out of the wall charger, and plug it into your USB port on the PC. The "Found New Hardware" wizard will run, installing "Novacom" drivers. After that completes, the "Next" button will light up in webOS Doctor, and allow you to finish repairing your device.

My WebOSDoctor is now running and its at 50% right now. I will let you guys know if it worked for me, thanks for the quick replies.
    DJ, please read post #2307.

*Edit: Cool, hope it works out for you.
    Just a thought if you are having problems you can do system restore on your computer then go back to the first page and down load Webdoctor first then try use it. Then once you have done that procede to download webos Quick install and press no when you first open up the program. FYI both files WebosDoctor and Webos QI need to be in the same file. One thing is I dont know if you have to be in Devmode to do webdoctor. Good luck
    Hey if anyone has Quick Install 2.02 it would be greatly appreciated. Send me a pm
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Alright guys My phone is now back to normal out-of-box state and I think I wont be doing anymore tweaks untill all the bugs are worked out of them. Thanks for all the quick replies guys.
    Alright guys My phone is now back to normal out-of-box state and I think I wont be doing anymore tweaks untill all the bugs are worked out of them. Thanks for all the quick replies guys.
    Cool. Now you can update to 1.1.0 from the 3rd page of the launcher "update" icon. I think WebDr puts you at 1.0.3.
    You might have answered your own question?

Have you tried removing the State hack and then trying to remove the Call duration Tweak?

What you can also try is to remove all of your Quick Install tweaks, one at a time and check to see if this clears the issue.
    I've tried that and it doesnt work.
    I have the Call Duration, regardless of the fact that the checkbox on the quick install tweaks is unchecked...

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by wootang00; 09/03/2009 at 05:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwhorter View Post
    Here ya go...
    Let me know how it works. The text is pretty tough to read.
    thanx man it works
    Quote Originally Posted by wootang00 View Post
    Well, the thing is that I did have the battery percentage hack install on quick install but i ended up getting a white bar on the screen so i did undo it.

It seems as though there were no problems revert back to normal.
    I guess I dont care too much about the call duration, its just that if there is an update I want to be able to revert everything back to "normal".

Any other ideas?
    Well the battery tweak doesn't appear on the same display as the State hack. The state hack and the call duration both access the dialer display/icon, that's why I was asking. One may be affecting the other.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 09/03/2009 at 05:12 PM.
    Well the battery hack doesn't appear on the same display as the State hack. The state hack and the call duration both access the dialer display/icon, that's why I was asking. One may be affecting the other.
    Ok. Ill try one more time. It's not really that big of a deal right now to me.
    Just concerned if I have to update and I need to pre back to "normal" condition.
    WebOS Quick Install just surpassed my tether in the number of replies. I am going to try and be the 3000th post.
  19.    #2320  
    hmmm, I wonder what the page limit is in these forums, lol