Page 109 of 184 FirstFirst ... 95999104105106107108109110111112113114119159 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I just applied the iphone spoof, and now my phone will not boot up. Should I run webos doctor? Everything was running perfect and next thing I know my computer is telling me that I have a usb connection problem. I unpluged my phone and tried to reboot, and now I cannot get it to turn back on. I need my pre for business.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    I ended up moving my picture to the upper right corner so that there is about 6 pixels to the left and 5 below. Filled the left 6 with green to match my background of the chat bubble, the bottom two are white, and the 3 pixels below my pic are green as well. the colors are just a bit off, but a little tweeking should get it looking good if you care enough haha.
    Hey I figured out a solution.
    1. Use a 40x40 png.
    2. Move your pic to the upper right. Leave 6 pixels to the left and 5 below.
    3. On the 6 pixels to the left and 5 below, make them all solid white.
    4. Set the transparency for the pic to the solid white color. Now they will be transparent in the Pre.

I've attached my 'avatar' for you to take a look at...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mcwhorter; 09/01/2009 at 11:07 PM. Reason: add attachment
    Quote Originally Posted by dago52 View Post
    I just applied the iphone spoof, and now my phone will not boot up. Should I run webos doctor? Everything was running perfect and next thing I know my computer is telling me that I have a usb connection problem. I unpluged my phone and tried to reboot, and now I cannot get it to turn back on. I need my pre for business.

Thanks
    the iphone spoof was just supposed to reboot ur pre....it worked well for me
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    the iphone spoof was just supposed to reboot ur pre....it worked well for me
    what exactly does the iphone spoof do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    what exactly does the iphone spoof do?
    it makes websites think ur on an iphone, so it shows the mobile version...
    device will not connect
    the download in web browser tweak doesn't seem to be working for me. i just d/l WebOS Quick Install 2.0.3 about maybe 30 minutes ago so it's the newer version of 2.0.3. am i doing something wrong? i click on an image, which opens in a new card and the url at the top is of that image. but, i don't see any button or anything i'm supposed to click on to download that image. any advice appreciated. thx.
    Thanks for the great software.
    Is there a way to have the phone keep ringing after a missed call? Just like the attention grabber in Palm OS Butler program.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    the download in web browser tweak doesn't seem to be working for me. i just d/l WebOS Quick Install 2.0.3 about maybe 30 minutes ago so it's the newer version of 2.0.3. am i doing something wrong? i click on an image, which opens in a new card and the url at the top is of that image. but, i don't see any button or anything i'm supposed to click on to download that image. any advice appreciated. thx.
    Download in Browser gives you the ability to download files to your Pre when there is no app to handle them. This gives you the ability to download PDFs where without the patch you would be told to stick it, by your Pre.

Image downloading can be done via fileCoaster's file download feature. Not as convienent as in the browser but it works.
    I'm having a little trouble with the download in browser tweak. I can only view files I download when clicking the link opens a new card that has the download pop-up. If the download link triggers the pop-up in the same card, I get an error from whatever app was supposed to open it. Upon further inspection, the file size for those documents that cause the error is 1 Kb, no matter the actual size.

Thoughts?
    After attempting to apply the Messaging in Landscape patch my Messaging app was broken. But reapplying Jason's four zipped files made everything well again.

I was using the newest 2.03 (very confusing, Jason) and I think it broke because I didn't know I had to have a 40 x 40 PNG already prepared. I clicked cancel and webOS Quick Install went ahead applied the patch anyway. As for why it remained broken after removing the patch I can't say. It doesn't seem as though there was a default image it was replacing. I could view the message list, but couldn't view any messages. Clicking a link from the notification bar just opened a blank card.

I do not care about or want an avatar, but as I understand the current state of webOS patching it's all or nothing. Applying one patch and not the other is a troublesome, if not impossible ... at least at the moment.

This is on my Pre. I use webOS Quick Install on my 32-bit Win XP MSi netbook. And yes, I've looked through the troubleshooting post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'll look into this overlapping text issue.
    WebOS Quick Install is able to detect patches done by itself, but there is pretty well no easy way to detect what patches have been applied short of a scan of every single file, which would take a VERY long time, heh.
    WebOS Quick Install is doing the file manipulation automatically to apply patches right? You could activate the tweak applied checkbox if it detects that the file is different in any way from the factory default file.

In any case, great work. I will be sending you a donation later today.
    Sorry if this has been talked about already but I have a problem with the newest Quick Install. I had the messaging problem and did the fix and it worked fine.

However, now there are no buttons or anything in my phone dialer screen, just a background image.

Anyone have a fix for this? I really hate to have to wipe everything with WebOS Doctor.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Does any one else have horrible battery life after applying many tweaks. I also applied my tether and the virtual keyboard but the battery drain is significant even when the phone is idle and in a good service area. Overnight the phone drained from 100% (off the charger) and was at 47% in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by mourningshadow View Post
    Sorry if this has been talked about already but I have a problem with the newest Quick Install. I had the messaging problem and did the fix and it worked fine.

However, now there are no buttons or anything in my phone dialer screen, just a background image.

Anyone have a fix for this? I really hate to have to wipe everything with WebOS Doctor.
    Try undoing the dtmf patch, and reapplying it. I had the same issue.
    sorry but what is the dtmf patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by mourningshadow View Post
    sorry but what is the dtmf patch?
    He might be talking about the tweak for the dialpad (silence phone dial pad and adding haptic feeback). Did you install this tweak? If you did, remove it and check your phone again.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tajh2009 View Post
    Does any one else have horrible battery life after applying many tweaks. I also applied my tether and the virtual keyboard but the battery drain is significant even when the phone is idle and in a good service area. Overnight the phone drained from 100% (off the charger) and was at 47% in the morning.
    Really have not seen much of a difference on my Pre and I've done quite a few things with it (look at my signature).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    These tweaks are outstanding!!! Thanks again Jason. Best $10 I've ever spent.

The only bug I noticed, and others have reported it, is in the "view email in landscape mode". When this tweak is activated and you try to reply to an email, the cursor does not appear in the main message screen. De-activate this tweak and all works well.
    Yes, same here, and it's even worse than that. All the contents of the message replied to disappear, and you're unable to type into the message body at all. Fortunately removing the tweak restores email to normal.
    Thanks, undoing the dialpad tones tweak and reapplying did the trick.