Page 107 of 184 FirstFirst ... 75797102103104105106107108109110111112117157 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    well im guessing it doesnt work well with all...anyways for facebook y dont u use FriendsFlow?
    i do use FriendsFlow but u cant do as much as in mobile facebook and can u help me im trying to make my avatar for the messaging tweak some one told me it has to be 32 X 32 but it doesn't look right its still too big
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    i do use FriendsFlow but u cant do as much as in mobile facebook and can u help me im trying to make my avatar for the messaging tweak some one told me it has to be 32 X 32 but it doesn't look right its still too big
    I don't think any size will work at the moment. We just have to wait for a fix.
    Yeah same for me... I cut it down to less then 32x32 and it still spills outside the boarder, it only blew up the picture to fill the same space.
    jason is fixing that problem gotta w8 for now...it doesnt bother me so i leave it on
    Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    Yeah same for me... I cut it down to less then 32x32 and it still spills outside the boarder, it only blew up the picture to fill the same space.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    I don't think any size will work at the moment. We just have to wait for a fix.
    yeah i even try rounding the avatar but its still weird hopefully it gets fixed !
    jason is fixing that problem gotta w8 for now...it doesnt bother me so i leave it on
    ohh good
    is 2.04 out yet
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    is 2.04 out yet
    Why don't you check the first post in this thread, which is where all updates are posted?
    yeah i even try rounding the avatar but its still weird hopefully it gets fixed !
    I ended up moving my picture to the upper right corner so that there is about 6 pixels to the left and 5 below. Filled the left 6 with green to match my background of the chat bubble, the bottom two are white, and the 3 pixels below my pic are green as well. the colors are just a bit off, but a little tweeking should get it looking good if you care enough haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by breakinghbts View Post
    I'm having the same problem or so I think, it's mainly cosmetic, but the avatar picture doesn't fit into the squared box (thats was your problem too, right?) I set the pic as 40x40, png format. I've never rooted my pre. Any help would be appreciated.
    Did you have the avatar hack done prior to clicking the new tweak? that was my problem. I replaced the modified com.palm.messaging app(or whatever its named) with the stock one out of webos dr. Rebooted. Then used quick install to apply the tweak. Once that was done I replaced the PNGS for "Chatview" to get the messaging images the color i wanted. Its back to working correctly. FYI any and I mean ANY changes made outside of quick install can lead to weird issues apparently....but since quick install is so quick and easy and Jason updates so quickly, Im cool waiting till the tweak is on there now!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    I ended up moving my picture to the upper right corner so that there is about 6 pixels to the left and 5 below. Filled the left 6 with green to match my background of the chat bubble, the bottom two are white, and the 3 pixels below my pic are green as well. the colors are just a bit off, but a little tweeking should get it looking good if you care enough haha.
    haha ill try doing that
    I installed ver 2.03 this morning and began installing tweaks, one at a time. Some worked fine the first time, such as 4X4 icons and call duration log. Others did not work, such as battery icon (I got the white line at the top), roam only (preferences screen is blank) and silent dialer (got the phone background, but no dialer pad).

This afternoon I rebooted my PC (thanks lyncha). I re-installed some tweaks. The battery % icon now works, as does the silent dialer. However, I'm still having problems with roam only. I also tried to install the PDF viewer in landscape, but I was then unable to open my PDF files.

Any suggestions?
    Help!!! Where do i find webosinstall.jar the download i got is webosintall.file. ??? I cant get it to start up and install.
    Last edited by vinyard7777; 09/01/2009 at 07:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTreo View Post
    Thanks, but as in my Original LONG post...

I believe it is some preference or file that may be corrupt or something perhaps with novacom. I have been reading this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...utdated-3.html in hopes it might shed some light.

Anyone have information on novacom on a Mac?

Thanks
    DT

As was my hunch, it was something to do with Novacom in my case.
    I noticed in a post in another thread someone mentioned that "Novacom" was showing up in their Mac's Activity Monitor. It was not in mine.
    I went to a friends Mac connected my Pre and sure enough "novacomd" showed up as a process in Activity Monitor. (MacHD/Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor)

I then did a search and noticed that he had a folder on his main hard drive directory called "opt" and in there a folder called Nova then a folder called bin. In the bin folder were 3 files: novaterm, novacomd, novacom. I copied the entire opt folder to my Pre, connected to my mac, copied this folder to my Mac's main HD directory, relaunched WebOS Quick Install and voila!!!!

BACK IN BUISNESS!!

So aside from all the tips in the Troubleshooting Guide from Jason, if you are on a Mac, make sure this "opt" folder is on your Mac's main Hard drives root directory.

FYI - for some reason re-downloading WebOS Doctor (which I am only assuming puts these files there) did not reinstall this missing "opt" folder. I am not totally sure where/when it gets installed.

I included what I installed below. Just unzip and put on your main hard drive.

Hope this helps someone else.

DT
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I installed ver 2.03 this morning and began installing tweaks, one at a time. Some worked fine the first time, such as 4X4 icons and call duration log. Others did not work, such as battery icon (I got the white line at the top), roam only (preferences screen is blank) and silent dialer (got the phone background, but no dialer pad).

This afternoon I rebooted my PC (thanks lyncha). I re-installed some tweaks. The battery % icon now works, as does the silent dialer. However, I'm still having problems with roam only. I also tried to install the PDF viewer in landscape, but I was then unable to open my PDF files.

Any suggestions?
    Undo any phone/network preference modifications before tweaking the roaming.

Worked for me.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I don't see how it is a palm bug since it only does it when I install apps via WebOS Quick Install
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    so ru gonna give us a sneak peak of wuts gonna be in the next version???
    Jason, awesome work. I have been holding off the rooting because I know how hard you and others work to make this easy for us 'roooks'. Now I can have some fun with the mods!

One thing that I loved since day one of the rooting / modding ... changing icons "EV, WIFI, BATTERY REMAINING".

I know others have rooted and made the battery all different colors (from 100 all the way down to zero). Also, different color themes for EV, WIFI, & Carrier String.

I'm sure it will happen sooner or later, just wanted to throw a couple wishes at you. Thanks again for all the hard work!

JB
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    These tweaks are outstanding!!! Thanks again Jason. Best $10 I've ever spent.

The only bug I noticed, and others have reported it, is in the "view email in landscape mode". When this tweak is activated and you try to reply to an email, the cursor does not appear in the main message screen. De-activate this tweak and all works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    Well then if someone could pm me there gtalk or yahoo to im, it would greatly appreciated. I have done this now 10 straight times, and it does not work.
    1- fallow these steps jason posted earlier

http://forums.precentral.net/1861013-post1940.html

2- then delete your webos quick install...

3- now go to the OP of this thread and download it again

4- enable message tweak
    MatterOfFactJack
    Ok, What the ****! I had the landscape problem but I fixed it with Jason's file input stuff. I then downloaded the newest Quick Install checked landscape and it did it again. What am I doing wrong. Also, is there a way to not have an avatar.