Page 104 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108109114154 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Hey everyone, first I want to say that this is awesome what you guys have been able to accomplish. I do have a question tho...had last version and I could use landscape in messaging perfectly fine, then I downloaded the update and (like some other people here a few pages back) unchecked that box, and then reclicked it so I could set an avatar and the messaging came up as a white screen so I unchecked the box to try to start over but then I could not click on a conversation within messaging. It was weird. So per jason, I sent the 4 files to my phone, restarted and it its back to normal. I have tried to restart phone, computer, made sure icon was 32x32, reinstalled Quick Install and tried again to the same result. Any ideas? I looked thru the pages since the update and could not find a way to get it but it seems like some people have. Any incites would be appreciated all!!! THis is a option I would love to have if possible. Keep it up, my buddy with an iphone is starting to get jealous,
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Wut do you mean?
    Maxima,

He is saying that he needs an input to tell when a new message, etc. has come in. Then he can key off of it to light up an LED.

Also, would you click the spell check button before you post? It is the abc check-mark button. Click the option button when it is up and you can store your corrections for it to use the next time.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Maxima,

He is saying that he needs an input to tell when a new message, etc. has come in. Then he can key off of it to light up an LED.

Also, would you click the spell check button before you post? It is the abc check-mark button. Click the option button when it is up and you can store your corrections for it to use the next time.

- Craig
    Lol I know how to spell but I always to shortcuts but sure I'll hit the spellcheck
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Jason,
    i'm having an issue with the new avatar part of the landscape messaging tweak...really just cosmetic, but this is my view:

[IMG][/IMG]

Previous View before using quickinstall's tweak.
    [IMG][/IMG]

My issue's have been resolved. If You have applied any of these tweaks outside of Quick Install you will want to restore the entire files back to stock prior to doing the tweak. Less you end up small issues. Jason you are awesome!
    I'm having the same problem or so I think, it's mainly cosmetic, but the avatar picture doesn't fit into the squared box (thats was your problem too, right?) I set the pic as 40x40, png format. I've never rooted my pre. Any help would be appreciated.
    Any chance of some future love for EAS Pin time bypass? I saw there is a way to just have the phone type in your pin automatically but I am not trying to bypass it all the way. Just trying to change the time to more than instant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    I know most of the folks are lucky enough to move into advanced tweaks but can someone help unfortunate few like us? Its frustrating for me to see other folks to take advantage of on screen keyboard and we still can't make QuickInstall to connect to our Pre. Please someone help us.
    Yes...still unable to connect to my Pre to my Mac. I originally posted:
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTreo View Post
    WebOS Quick Installer not working anymore for me..

So I too am having issues getting WebOS Quick Install to work. It worked at one point, I used it to install Preware to install the Virtual keyboard. Worked Fine. Prior to that my friend used his computer (With WebOS Quick Install 2.01) to install fileCoaster on this same Pre.

I am getting the dreaded "Please connect your device then click Ok" when I do that it says "No device detected" (Note: I take my phone and cable to my friends mac, works fine)
    PLEASE remember in my case the Pre connects FINE to WebOS Quick Installer ON A FRIENDS COMPUTER. (so it's not the Pre or my usb cable)
    It USED to work on this computer.
    I have restarted the Pre
    Un-enabled and re-enabled the Pre's Dev Mode.(resetting in between)
    Does anyone know what file or preference on a Mac would block WebOS Quick installer from seeing the Pre?
    (Again my Pre connects to WebOS Quick Installer on another Mac computer, so the focus needs to be on the computer software, the few comments we are getting are about restarting the Pre and if it is in Dev mode)
    USB ports on the computer charge the Pre and USB mode mounts the Pre just fine. (so not the USB ports of the Mac)

Are there files that can be reinstalled (I have downloaded and redownloaded WebSOS Quick Installer and WebDr) so I am asking about other related software Java and such?
    Are there preferences that can be reset?
    Novacom? Where is that on a Mac? I see for a PC there is a way to restart it...is that possible on a Mac? Are there preferences for this?

Thanks again for any in depth help...
    DT
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Yes...still unable to connect to my Pre to my Mac. I originally posted:

PLEASE remember in my case the Pre connects FINE to WebOS Quick Installer ON A FRIENDS COMPUTER. (so it's not the Pre or my usb cable)
    It USED to work on this computer.
    I have restarted the Pre
    Un-enabled and re-enabled the Pre's Dev Mode.(resetting in between)
    Does anyone know what file or preference on a Mac would block WebOS Quick installer from seeing the Pre?
    (Again my Pre connects to WebOS Quick Installer on another Mac computer, so the focus needs to be on the computer software, the few comments we are getting are about restarting the Pre and if it is in Dev mode)
    USB ports on the computer charge the Pre and USB mode mounts the Pre just fine. (so not the USB ports of the Mac)

Are there files that can be reinstalled (I have downloaded and redownloaded WebSOS Quick Installer and WebDr) so I am asking about other related software Java and such?
    Are there preferences that can be reset?
    Novacom? Where is that on a Mac? I see for a PC there is a way to restart it...is that possible on a Mac? Are there preferences for this?

Thanks again for any in depth help...
    DT
    REBOOT YOUR COMPUTER...worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by breakinghbts View Post
    I'm having the same problem or so I think, it's mainly cosmetic, but the avatar picture doesn't fit into the squared box (thats was your problem too, right?) I set the pic as 40x40, png format. I've never rooted my pre. Any help would be appreciated.
    The avatar isn't scaling correctly on some Pre's. It does work on others but not all. Jason is aware of the issue. We'll just all have to be patient.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    The avatar isn't scaling correctly on some Pre's. It does work on others but not all. Jason is aware of the issue. We'll just all have to be patient.
    Thanks for the update, sux that I have to have one of those PREs that doesn't behave. Oh well, Doesn't stop me from loving all these mods/tweaks!
  10.    #2070  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Wut do you mean?
    What I'm trying to say, is the existing Mojo SDK function:
    As far as I know, that function toggles the center button LED. However currently it does absolutely nothing as far as I can tell
    Makes the core navi button pulsate if true.
    I have been getting weird avatar placement ever since 2.02 tweak for landscape mode on messaging. It puts their picture under the text now. How do I fix this?
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Splmonster Jason

Could either one of you write a wiki about turning patches into ipks? so they may be submitted to preware's patch section.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Hi,
    I have searched and read most all of this post, but cant find my answer. For some reason, the text forwarding feature doesnt really work for me because I am getting texts I want to forward yet when I say to forward the message nothing happens. The text has a picture and an audio file inside of it. Anyone else having this issue or know what I can do to fix it?
    Jason

So are your tweaks a series of patch files?
    MatterOfFactJack
  15.    #2075  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Splmonster Jason

Could either one of you write a wiki about turning patches into ipks? so they may be submitted to preware's patch section.
    I'm not sure how to do that outside of having quilt already on your device

Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Jason

So are your tweaks a series of patch files?
    Nope, they're hardcoded patches that I patch myself. I'll be switching to a better patching engine next version
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm not sure how to do that outside of having quilt already on your device
    Got it... to avoid quilt installed in pre (which requires root) it be hard to do. What about an ipk that runs a script to install quilt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

Nope, they're hardcoded patches that I patch myself. I'll be switching to a better patching engine next version
    So it replaces the Original file with the new one and when unchecked puts the backed up file back on?
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    REBOOT YOUR COMPUTER...worked for me.
    Thanks, but as in my Original LONG post...
    WebOS Quick Installer not working anymore for me..

Let's start by saying ..
    1) I READ ALL 94 PAGES (at the time) OF THIS THREAD.
    2) I have read the Troubleshooting guide 10 plus times....

I am on an Intel Mac with OSX 10.5.8
    WebOS Quick installer 2.01 and 2.02
    WebosDoctor .jar in the same folder
    I am in Dev mode
    In WebOS Quick installer - Under options I attempt Novacom reinstall - nothing seems to hapen
    I have Set Java prefs to use SE6
    Restarted Mac
    Restarted Pre
    tried a new user Mac account
    Reinstalled Java per a link in the thread
    I believe it is some preference or file that may be corrupt or something perhaps with novacom. I have been reading this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...utdated-3.html in hopes it might shed some light.

Anyone have information on novacom on a Mac?

Thanks

DT
    so ru gonna give us a sneak peak of wuts gonna be in the next version???
    I am having an issue that when im in landscape text mode, I only have one half of a line of text before the cursor jumps to the front of the text line.

Example:
    "ng in how are you?Hey just checki"

Anyone else?

Also, could someone point me in the direction to change the text field colors from blue and yellow to something else? Perhaps a tweak in 2.04?
    Last edited by holley2583; 09/01/2009 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I am having an issue that when im in landscape text mode, I only have one half of a line of text before the cursor jumps to the front of the text line.

Example:
    "ng in how are you?Hey just checki"

Anyone else?

Also, could someone point me in the direction to change the text field colors from blue and yellow to something else? Perhaps a tweak in 2.04?
    This was happening to me too, but I think it is because I was trying to hit the space bar and my finger ended up tapping below it and onto the screen. In landscape, I could not tap and place the cursor anywhere, it would just jump to the front whenever I tried to tap anywhere else. So the moral of the story for me was...be careful when trying to hit space. try it and you should be fine.