Page 103 of 184 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

btw grats, this post I'm quoting was the big #2000 in the thread. this li'l baby is growin up so fast, lol
    I did not think anything would ever get close to mytether thread. something tells me by the end of the day this thread will be past it.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Jason,
    i'm having an issue with the new avatar part of the landscape messaging tweak...really just cosmetic, but this is my view:

[IMG][/IMG]

Previous View before using quickinstall's tweak.
    [IMG][/IMG]

My issue's have been resolved. If You have applied any of these tweaks outside of Quick Install you will want to restore the entire files back to stock prior to doing the tweak. Less you end up small issues. Jason you are awesome!
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 09/01/2009 at 11:07 AM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    where do you download the webos quick install?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Jason,
    i'm having an issue with the new avatar part of the landscape messaging tweak...really just cosmetic, but this is my view:...never mind, apparently I can no longer take screenshots??? I checked my avatar icon and its good, I replaced the messaging app with the stock file and then did the tweaks again...same results. My avatar is in the white box, however it is imposed over a bigger picture of my avatar...so my avatar is there twice, one halfway covering up the other...anyone else? And whats up with the no screenshot? Orange,Sym,P right? I don't even have a folder to go to for them.....strange...
    i can still take screen shots
    Quote Originally Posted by templeghg22 View Post
    when i try and download the webos quick installl its not showing up on my pre. I tried emailing it and dropping it to my file coaster. what am i doing wrong?
    Quick install is designed to install to the pre from your PC.

Quote Originally Posted by woonkie View Post
    where do you download the webos quick install?
    Its on the 1st page of this thread. He updates there each time.

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i can still take screen shots
    Must be mine then....I dont know when i lost it...whats the folder called again btw?

Disregard. Somehow I deleted it...its restored. User Error...

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    This is great. Just loaded it on Ubuntu without any problems and went from there

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

btw grats, this post I'm quoting was the big #2000 in the thread. this li'l baby is growin up so fast, lol
    I can agree that 2000 is quite the 'achievement' but just from reading posts while trying to use this 'app' it looks like a major reason is some functionality problems, which I can attest to. I will be trying again to get some of the desired mods to work (4x4, text forwarding) but I had to webos doctor my phone due to attempting the batter % mod and so I know there are no modified files causing these to not work.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Any i deo when you will have a theme manager on you Quick install jason??
    1st - amazing thread, great tool.

I started off amazed at all the cool tweaks, but am currently in recovery mode a bit...

I checked the 'Download in Web' box, and then Web would not open at all. Checking/Unchecking that restores the Web functionality.

If I have 'Email in Landscape' checked, then I cannot type in the body of email replies. Unchecking it fixes the reply issue, but I lose the landscape mode.

It is a bit frustrating that the Tweaks dialog always shows everything as unchecked. It is hard to know what is on and what is not on.

Once I get back to 'everything working', I will start turning on one thing at a time to see if I can get it all to play nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by opendave View Post
    I checked the 'Download in Web' box, and then Web would not open at all. Checking/Unchecking that restores the Web functionality.

If I have 'Email in Landscape' checked, then I cannot type in the body of email replies. Unchecking it fixes the reply issue, but I lose the landscape mode.
    these should be fixed in the latest build as of 2:15 am this morning lol
    You must have a 32x32 PNG file to use as an avatar if you Turn on Messaging in landscape!

At least that is what seems to be the thing that killed me.

I clicked to remove Message in Landscape and the other tweaks before installing 2.03. No problems.

Installed 2.03. Started going thought clicking boxes and letting it reset each time.

Turned Messaging in Landscape on. It asked for my avatar. I don't want an avatar or have a 32 x 32 PNG file to use. I clicked cancel and it errored out.

I tried to see if everything is OK and the Phone now brings up a blank green screen.

The first thing to do at a moment like this is to panic. Check. Wait doing that step again. Try to restore normal breathing.

I won't go through all the steps that didn't work but this is what finally worked. I reinstalled the jar even though I had only done it at 7 am this morning and this was at 9 am CDT.

I one-by-one uninstalled every tweak with the reset step for each. The phone app worked again!

I then one-by-one reinstalled each tweak with no problem. Phone still works.

By the by, I love how you are step-by-step fixing every major problem in the Pre.

Palms with it's 939 employees - 0.
    Canuck software with it's one guy - 21, eh.

Jason, you have Palm so outnumbered, you should let them go home and get some more people!

- Craig
  13.    #2053  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    Jason I just tweak the spoof iphone and my browser is not working? any fix for that. Thank you and your friends for all your great work
    Then disable it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrucialTK View Post
    Any chance of being able to set the center button to flash for messages?
    If Palm would fix their indicateHasNewContent() function, we'll be set, lol

Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    I applied the iPhone spook tweak, then decided i didn't notice a huge difference so I unchecked the tweak. From that point on, Quick Install stopped recognizing my pre. Never had any problems whatsoever before.

Help please...
    As stated earlier, try disabling DevMode, then re-enabling it

Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    Whats the original opacity of the launcher page?
    Base is 100%

Quote Originally Posted by shea0101 View Post
    Any i deo when you will have a theme manager on you Quick install jason??
    No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by opendave View Post
    It is a bit frustrating that the Tweaks dialog always shows everything as unchecked. It is hard to know what is on and what is not on.
    It shouldn't be doing that. It remembers which patches you have applied and which you don't

For the next version, I plan on changing my Patcher system, to get better compatibility Also, I'm gonna be away most of today, so keep that in mind before posting
    where do I download webos install 2.3? I can't find it
    [QUOTE=Jason Robitaille;1861788]If Palm would fix their i[URL=" function, we'll be set, lol[/QUOTE]

Wut do you mean?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    where do I download webos install 2.3? I can't find it
    It's at the bottom of 1st post in this thread. [that is, 2.03]
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Hey Jason,

When Web stopped working late last night, I did a reset. That is probably why the checks are all cleared. I just verified that when I uncheck, then recheck items it is now remembering the checks. Maybe you can add an option to scan for changed objects if the database of tweaks is missing?

As for my other issues, I think I know part of my problem. I was changing too many things are one time. I could not get novacom to work on my main Vista x64 pc, so my Pre is tethered to my laptop in another room. I did not realize that with every change the Pre was rebooting the gui and/or Pre. Setting one tweak at a time, and letting it complete the reboot seems to be doing the trick for me.

Thanks again for a super cool tool!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhuff View Post
    It's at the bottom of 1st post in this thread. [that is, 2.03]
    thanks for the help, however I still can't find it would you mind coping the link for me?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    thanks for the help, however I still can't find it would you mind coping the link for me?
    Well, I'm a little reluctant to just copy the link for you. I you haven't read the initial post thoroughly, you're sure to have problems with the app. If you have read it and installed a previous version, it's the same link (at the bottom of the post) it looks like this:

File Type: jar WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Go to the first post and click on what I have outlined with the red rectangle. Hope that helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images