Page 102 of 184 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 3676
Like Tree10Likes
    How do I update WebOS Quick Install to the newest version?

Also, I thought I read somewhere that when I update my Pre firmware thru Sprint that i need to uncheck all of my tweaks in WebOS Quick Install. Is that true? If so, is that the only time I need to worry about that?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JMiller613 View Post
    How do I update WebOS Quick Install to the newest version?
    Just download the newest version posted in the first post. You can save it the same location as the old one and have it overwrite the file.

Also, I thought I read somewhere that when I update my Pre firmware thru Sprint that i need to uncheck all of my tweaks in WebOS Quick Install. Is that true? If so, is that the only time I need to worry about that?

Thanks
    To be safe I would uncheck all of the tweaks in WebOS Quick Install. In theory you don't need to do this because the files that Palm sends out should overwrite any files you changed. Personally, I will be unchecking all of my tweaks. Others might have better explanations. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I will PM you. I will be glad to help.
    oh thanks. i found the solution. uninstall and reinstall Palm SDK and
    virtualbox. and i also rebooted several time getting in and out of dev mode. That worked for me. After that it was a breeze. I don't know if this is right thread to ask this but is it just me, backspace is not working on virtual keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    oh thanks. i found the solution. uninstall and reinstall Palm SDK and
    virtualbox. and i also rebooted several time getting in and out of dev mode. That worked for me. After that it was a breeze. I don't know if this is right thread to ask this but is it just me, backspace is not working on virtual keyboard?
    This is not the correct place. This is. I believe this is a known issue in certain instances.

EDIT: Also you might check out this: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/On_Screen_Keyboard
    Last edited by bpdamas; 09/01/2009 at 08:26 AM. Reason: More
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Woot! New Quick Install version is out now!
    New to this type stuff, hope I don't screw up! Thanks cause I really like the apps
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    WebOS Quick Install has stopped recognizing my Pre since I used Tweaks from v2.03. Any ideas????
    Last edited by licotto; 09/01/2009 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Wanted to add notification
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I used the new launcher transparency tweak and the updated 4x4 tweak and I have no problems here. Which tweaks did you apply?
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    WebOS Quick Install has stopped recognizing my Pre since I used Tweaks from v2.03. Any ideas????
    Are you in dev mode? Has your computer been updated in anyway (Service packs for window)?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Same here, mate.

I applied the iPhone spook tweak, then decided i didn't notice a huge difference so I unchecked the tweak. From that point on, Quick Install stopped recognizing my pre. Never had any problems whatsoever before.

Help please...
    did you close out quickinstall? I noticed that after applying the Iphone spoof instead of just restarting Luna, it rebooted the phone. When the pre came back I had to close Quick Install and reopen it because it lost its connection with the pre...hope this helps!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I'm having a forced roaming tweak problem. I get a white screen for phone preferences after applying the tweak. Other than using Quick Install 2.01 for dialer background changes, no other tweaks, etc. have been made. I tried to uncheck the dialer, recheck it it under 2.03, tried to check, uncheck, recheck the forced roaming tweak and then soft-reset the phone, etc. Nothing seems to work. This is my most wanted tweak - any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    did you close out quickinstall? I noticed that after applying the Iphone spoof instead of just restarting Luna, it rebooted the phone. When the pre came back I had to close Quick Install and reopen it because it lost its connection with the pre...hope this helps!
    Did that.
    I even tried going back to the 2.02 version. It doesn't recognize the phone anymore either. I toggled dev mode off and on again. No-go. Rebooted the phone. No-go. Deleted Quick Install and downloaded it all over again...No-go.

No changes have been made to my phone or my pc. Just used the 2.02 version of Quick Install on yesterday and everything was fine. Used the 2.03 version today when I applied the iPhone spoof and everything worked fine UNTIL i unchecked the spoof...then all hell broke loose.
    Whats the original opacity of the launcher page?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    @licotto
    I was experiencing the same problem as you. Through a little determination I decided to restart my pc and see if that helped. It did! Restart your pc and see if that works for you. Hope so.

@mrloserpunk
    Thanks for your assistance. Some people saw our posts and that we needed assistance yet they didn't bother to lend a helping hand. So, thanks guy.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    Did that.
    I even tried going back to the 2.02 version. It doesn't recognize the phone anymore either. I toggled dev mode off and on again. No-go. Rebooted the phone. No-go. Deleted Quick Install and downloaded it all over again...No-go.

No changes have been made to my phone or my pc. Just used the 2.02 version of Quick Install on yesterday and everything was fine. Used the 2.03 version today when I applied the iPhone spoof and everything worked fine UNTIL i unchecked the spoof...then all hell broke loose.
    If rebooting your pc won't work. Try removing the battery of the pre and reconnecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by bc ct View Post
    I'm having a forced roaming tweak problem. I get a white screen for phone preferences after applying the tweak. Other than using Quick Install 2.01 for dialer background changes, no other tweaks, etc. have been made. I tried to uncheck the dialer, recheck it it under 2.03, tried to check, uncheck, recheck the forced roaming tweak and then soft-reset the phone, etc. Nothing seems to work. This is my most wanted tweak - any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
    I have this same issue. I went thru these same steps also.
    When I apply the message forward tweek I can't get sms to open at all. Also removed all tweeks and reinstalled several times.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati1098 View Post
    I have this same issue. I went thru these same steps also.
    When I apply the message forward tweek I can't get sms to open at all. Also removed all tweeks and reinstalled several times.
    Unfortunately, the blank preferences screen is a side-effect of this particular tweak. There hasn't been an update that fixes this issue...yet.
    when i try and download the webos quick installl its not showing up on my pre. I tried emailing it and dropping it to my file coaster. what am i doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by templeghg22 View Post
    when i try and download the webos quick installl its not showing up on my pre. I tried emailing it and dropping it to my file coaster. what am i doing wrong?
    you should be downloading WebOs Quick Install to your pc. Not to your pre.