Page 10 of 184 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    It seems that this does not work on G5 Macs as Jave SE 6 is not supported on G5s
    Anybody else run into this problem? I get a "failed install. not enough space" message in the terminal when running the "palm-install" command to install apps. Granted, I have quite a few apps installed but nowhere near the 6.6GB of space still left on my Pre.

QuickInstall doesn't provide me with the same error message. It just simply appears to install the apps but doesn't actually install them, presumably because of the same "not enough space" thing. I'm perplexed by it.
    Thanks so much!

Awesome!
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by kindaskimpy View Post
    Anybody else run into this problem? I get a "failed install. not enough space" message in the terminal when running the "palm-install" command to install apps. Granted, I have quite a few apps installed but nowhere near the 6.6GB of space still left on my Pre.

QuickInstall doesn't provide me with the same error message. It just simply appears to install the apps but doesn't actually install them, presumably because of the same "not enough space" thing. I'm perplexed by it.
    Please give me the # of apps you have installed. There is a theory going around that apps are limited to a certain # installed. Another theory going around is that the place where the apps are installed is memory-limited (though given the incredibly small memory used up by each app, chances are it's the 1st theory).

Quote Originally Posted by designlevel2 View Post
    It seems that this does not work on G5 Macs as Jave SE 6 is not supported on G5s
    I believe novacom only supports OS X as well, so that'd be another problem G5 owners got
    Got it to work the first time with no problems.... thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Please give me the # of apps you have installed. There is a theory going around that apps are limited to a certain # installed. Another theory going around is that the place where the apps are installed is memory-limited (though given the incredibly small memory used up by each app, chances are it's the 1st theory).
    Well, thanks for the quick reply, Jason. I hadn't heard of anybody else experiencing this so I figured I'd ask.

I have 32 "unofficial" apps currently installed (using the palm-install method in the OS X Terminal). 24 official apps from the app catalog. And the 21 built-in apps the Pre comes with... all together that's a grand total of 77 apps on the device.

Wow... that's more than I have on my iPod Touch.
    Thanks for this...
    this post is totally unnecessary and I didn't want to make it but this forum software system requires I actually make posts to be have full functionality of this site.
    I am running Ubuntu (Jaunty). I appear to have the most up to date Sun Java 6. I save the .jar to my desktop, right-click and "open with" Sun Java etc...and nothing happens. Nothing happens when I double-click on the .jar file, either. This really has nothing to do with putting apps on a pre, I know.. I'm just a fool who likes to suffer with Linux even though I only have the minimalist grasp on how it works.

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    Have you installed Novacom?

If you believe you have, check to make sure that it is running. Go to Start>Run and type "services.msc." Once the list pops up, go down to Palm Novacom and view its properties. Has it started? If it hasn't, try going here and following those directions:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html

Please post your results in this thread.

Edit: sorry,just read the other part of your post about the services.msc. Please visit the link in this post.
    I have the same problem: I have XP pro I have V1.1.0 sprint configuration 1.7 I have both files in the same folder I have java 1.6 I checked the novacom and it is started. I always get the same error that says no device found, and when I go to the device manager it says no device detected. I tried with emulator mode and usb mode. Thanks in advance and thanks for all the work in making a program like this.
    Last edited by daewoo5385; 07/28/2009 at 12:37 AM. Reason: thank you for all your help it was that i didn't have it in developer mode.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I'm a total noob. I have an intel Macbook and downloaded both files, put them in the same folder. When I double click the .jar file nothing happens. So I double clicked the other file which is the recovery tool and now my pre is doing something but who knows what. Recovering? Hope all my stuff is there when its done. In any case, I've failed and not sure what I've done wrong.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Anybody know where I can find a step by step?

It says what to download and all, nothing about what EXACTLY to do.
    By the way, Jason, QuickInstall 1.1 will not open for me. 1.0 is still opening just fine but 1.1 doesn't like me and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. As you can see in the screenshot I attached, the ROM and QuickInstall are in the same folder, side by side, and Java 6 is my default. Is this the Mac/Linux issue you were talking about?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    im on xp, i've got both files and the quick installer launched but when I click install I get error no device found...any ideas?

edit, never mind I just unplugged it and plugged it back in. Success! Million pounds of gratitude! Is everyone convinced that the uninstaller gets rid of everything?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I had the same problem last night. i had to do a rtn reset. you will need to get your code from sprint so your better off calling if you haven't done that already
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by batgirl73 View Post
    I am running Ubuntu (Jaunty). I appear to have the most up to date Sun Java 6. I save the .jar to my desktop, right-click and "open with" Sun Java etc...and nothing happens. Nothing happens when I double-click on the .jar file, either. This really has nothing to do with putting apps on a pre, I know.. I'm just a fool who likes to suffer with Linux even though I only have the minimalist grasp on how it works.
    Any suggestions are appreciated! Thank you!
    As stated earlier, Linux and Mac versions are currently bugged and a fix is on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by daewoo5385 View Post
    I have the same problem: I have XP pro I have V1.1.0 sprint configuration 1.7 I have both files in the same folder I have java 1.6 I checked the novacom and it is started. I always get the same error that says no device found, and when I go to the device manager it says no device detected. I tried with emulator mode and usb mode. Thanks in advance and thanks for all the work in making a program like this.
    Are you using a real Pre device or the emulator? Make sure if you're using a real Pre that the WebOSQuickInstall options is set to "USB Device". Is it in developer mode enabled? When you plug in your device, do you choose "just charge"?

Quote Originally Posted by judoka209 View Post
    I'm a total noob. I have an intel Macbook and downloaded both files, put them in the same folder. When I double click the .jar file nothing happens. So I double clicked the other file which is the recovery tool and now my pre is doing something but who knows what. Recovering? Hope all my stuff is there when its done. In any case, I've failed and not sure what I've done wrong.
    As stated, there is currently a mac/linux bug preventing the app from launching.

Quote Originally Posted by grant21 View Post
    Anybody know where I can find a step by step?
    It says what to download and all, nothing about what EXACTLY to do.
    There is no real setup other than have the requirements listed in post #1 installed and copy the WebOSDoctor file to the same folder as the WebOSQuickInstall.jar app.

Quote Originally Posted by kindaskimpy View Post
    By the way, Jason, QuickInstall 1.1 will not open for me. 1.0 is still opening just fine but 1.1 doesn't like me and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. As you can see in the screenshot I attached, the ROM and QuickInstall are in the same folder, side by side, and Java 6 is my default. Is this the Mac/Linux issue you were talking about?
    Yep, that's the bug. New version is almost ready. I assure you, I do want mac/linux support working (I personally use ubuntu a lot).

I'm done on the forums for the night, should hopefully have new version ready tomorrow
    Did not see the bug report, thanks for letting me know! Look forward to trying out the new version.
    Thanks for clarifying, Jason.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    hm....webdoctor taking forever to dl...is it just me?
    Jason, whenever I put into dev mode, it prompts me that the device must be reset for this action to take effect? Is that correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Jason, whenever I put into dev mode, it prompts me that the device must be reset for this action to take effect? Is that correct?
    Yes, every time you set it to dev mode or turn off dev mode you must reset the device, which is not what it sounds like. Nothing gets deleted. It's just a simple reboot of the phone.