1.    #1  
    Hi,

First off, worth more than 2 bucks but that's all you charged

one somewhat major thing..

If I'm editing the time entries and i select say 9am for the start time and 3p (or now) for the end time and hit "ok" - all my other entries are overwritten. That seems very problematic. Perhaps I'm using it wrong. Please advise!

A few minor tweaks so far..

* I'm not sure what triggers the "setting start/end time to now" but I would like a button to do that so I'm not guessing. (I like the idea just don't understand what triggers it..)

* Perhaps setting duration directly, as well, in the "add Time entry..." scene

Great app!

And I already suggested Toggl and you wrote me back.. so +1 for service!
    Last edited by rudramakesmovie; 01/05/2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Changed title
    Regarding the overwriting of other entries, there are circumstances where the app will do this intentionally. The rule is that you can only be doing one activity at a time, so if you modify or create an entry that overlaps an existing one, then the existing one will be modified accordingly (either by moving the start time later, moving the end time earlier, or deleting it completely). This rule is checked for all entries on that day, so multiple entries could be deleted. I suspect that this is what you saw. If its anything else then there's a problem I'll need to fix.

Regarding "setting the start/end time to now", this is caused whenever you change one of the time selectors to a time later than the current time. The app doesn't currently allow that, so limits the selection and tells the user that it has done so.
    I have on the todo list the addition of a button to set the time to now, but its low priority. When I want to achieve this, I tend to set the end time to anything later than current time in the knowledge that it will be constrained.

I like the idea of alternatively setting the duration. It will require some restructuring of the scene but I can see it would be useful. I'll add it to the todo list.
    Andy

Apps: Clock In (Trial and full)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyBrt71 View Post
    Regarding the overwriting of other entries, there are circumstances where the app will do this intentionally. The rule is that you can only be doing one activity at a time, so if you modify or create an entry that overlaps an existing one, then the existing one will be modified accordingly (either by moving the start time later, moving the end time earlier, or deleting it completely). This rule is checked for all entries on that day, so multiple entries could be deleted. I suspect that this is what you saw. If its anything else then there's a problem I'll need to fix.

Regarding "setting the start/end time to now", this is caused whenever you change one of the time selectors to a time later than the current time. The app doesn't currently allow that, so limits the selection and tells the user that it has done so.
    I have on the todo list the addition of a button to set the time to now, but its low priority. When I want to achieve this, I tend to set the end time to anything later than current time in the knowledge that it will be constrained.

I like the idea of alternatively setting the duration. It will require some restructuring of the scene but I can see it would be useful. I'll add it to the todo list.
    Oh, I think I meant to word this differently. My bad. I had noticed that in other scenes - the app checks and sees if the user wants to filll the gap of time for a deleted entry by extending either the previous or next entry - which i loved. Given that the app is that aware of previous and next entries, I suggest some level of checking be in place to prevent accidentally over-writing entries.

What I was seeing was actually a bug - I would change the start time and the end time would automatically move to match it (any time earlier than now - if it was later - both the start and end times would move to NOW - along with a banner notification telling me the app had done that.)

Regarding the "now" rules - that makes sense - and is helpful that the app does it automatically.

Thanks for considering the duration button.
    Quote Originally Posted by rudramakesmovie View Post
    Oh, I think I meant to word this differently. My bad. I had noticed that in other scenes - the app checks and sees if the user wants to filll the gap of time for a deleted entry by extending either the previous or next entry - which i loved. Given that the app is that aware of previous and next entries, I suggest some level of checking be in place to prevent accidentally over-writing entries.
    Good idea. I'll look at putting something in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by rudramakesmovie View Post
    What I was seeing was actually a bug - I would change the start time and the end time would automatically move to match it (any time earlier than now - if it was later - both the start and end times would move to NOW - along with a banner notification telling me the app had done that.)
    The app checks that the start time is before the end time. If you change the start time to be after the end time then the end time will be adjusted (with a banner indication). Likewise if you change the end time to be before the start time. Could this be what you are seeing?
    Andy

5.    #5  
    The app checks that the start time is before the end time. If you change the start time to be after the end time then the end time will be adjusted (with a banner indication). Likewise if you change the end time to be before the start time. Could this be what you are seeing?
    No, unfortunately, what I was seeing was the following: Say it is 12:15pm. I was doing something around 11am. And I wanted to log it. When I would change the start time to 11am for the entry and then hit enter. Then the end time would change. When I would change the end time to 12noon, the start time would change. Like they were sync'd togeether.. Couldn't fix it..

I will try to reproduce it..
    It would be great if you can reproduce this, because I'm struggling to do so.
    Can you confirm whether you have your Pre set to 12 hour or 24 hour format?
    Andy

The latest version of Clock In (v1.2.0) now includes some of these suggestions:

1) directly set an entry's duration

2) a warning is displayed if changing an entry will completely overwrite any others

Thanks for these great ideas
    Andy