webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  artxxork > PsxPlayer
PsxPlayer
Like Tree9Likes

Old 10/16/2012, 09:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Some might find this early preview version useful - https://www.box.com/s/kqk3k12k3sde8okidiw8

Performance is only acceptable on Touchpad (50-60fps), Pre3 seems to be too slow for now (15-20fps), other phones untested - probably won't work at all. Also note that on-screen controls are proof-of-concept quality.

Support future development via donations...

xx.

P.S. PsxPlayer is based on PCSX ReARMed (PCSX ReARMed) - with extra support for on-screen virtual gamepad and some webos tweaks.

Thanks to all authors and contributors for project above! Without you PsxPlayer would not be possible...
artxxork is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, R_E, jxrxblanchard and 3 others like this.
Thanked by MINKIN2, Rnp, R_E, sshaka
Old 10/16/2012, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Controls:

ESC = top left corner
Enter = top right corner

D-pad = bottom left area
x,o,[],^ = bottom right area

Select / Start = bottom middle area

L1, L2, L3, R1, R2, R3 = somewhere on the screen ... check console output to find out
Thanked By: sshaka
Old 10/16/2012, 03:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

What does this plaayer do
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2012, 04:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laingman View Post
What does this plaayer do
I'd assume it lets you play PS1 games.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2012, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

PlayStation Emulator (PS1)
Attached Images
File Type: png psxplayer_2012-16-10_232451.png (409.0 KB, 90 views) Email Attachment
Old 10/16/2012, 08:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

I haven't loaded any game yet. I was just playing around at the menu screen and the up and down controls get stuck "scrolling" every now and then. Specifically when swiping from the top of the d-pad to the bottom.

I'll have to throw some games on there and give it a go.
jxrxblanchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2012, 10:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artxxork View Post
Some might find this early preview version useful - https://www.box.com/s/kqk3k12k3sde8okidiw8

Performance is only acceptable on Touchpad (50-60fps), Pre3 seems to be too slow for now (15-20fps), other phones untested - probably won't work at all. Also note that on-screen controls are proof-of-concept quality.

xx.

P.S. PsxPlayer is based on PCSX ReARMed (PCSX ReARMed) - with extra support for on-screen virtual gamepad and some webos tweaks.

Thanks to all authors and contributors for project above! Without you PsxPlayer would not be possible...
Awesome to see that, one question will it be released officially on the App Catalog ?
Old 10/16/2012, 10:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

interesting... I'll have to see if I can find my .iso of Crash Bandicoot. Back in the day I had Bleem! before Sony C&D'd it out of existence.
johnsonx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2012, 02:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxrxblanchard View Post
I haven't loaded any game yet. I was just playing around at the menu screen and the up and down controls get stuck "scrolling" every now and then. Specifically when swiping from the top of the d-pad to the bottom.
This is exactly what "Also note that on-screen controls are proof-of-concept quality." mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
Awesome to see that, one question will it be released officially on the App Catalog ?
In theory - yes; but depends on overall usability/quality. Currently not good enough.
Old 10/17/2012, 04:10 AM   #10 (permalink)

Oh man many many thanks for this emulator! Downloading now I will test some games and I will come back with feedback
drgci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2012, 08:45 AM   #11 (permalink)

legend of dragoon doesnt working i wil try later final fantasy vii
drgci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2012, 03:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

My gf has a CD case full of PS1 games that I think survived our move, but we haven't had a PS1 in .. many many years. I'll have to see what I can come up with.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2012, 06:23 AM   #13 (permalink)

Do the BIOS files pre loaded with this version?
MINKIN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2012, 08:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Do the BIOS files pre loaded with this version?
I'm pretty sure Sony holds copyright on the BIOS files, so it shouldn't be included.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2012, 08:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

... and indeed is not included. However - follow on screen information to find out where to put your extracted BIOS file. If you need tutorial how to extract it: PSX BIOS Dumping guide - Emuforums.com
Old 10/26/2012, 04:31 PM   #16 (permalink)

liking this so far, tho i do fail horribly with onscreen controls on any emulator, the keyboard however works fine, IF i remap the HP one as the arrows/etc dont work on it as default and my regular BT keyboards having soem form of fit/nonfunctional issue after i paired it to an ipad.

after a remap of keys to what i need/want on the HP keyboard tho all is well, just a shame the menu nav keys dont also remap with the player1 controls as you cant navigate the menus with the HP keyboard and have to use the twitchey onscreen stuff.

liking it tho, had a nice play of resi evil survivor and parasite eve2 etc, damned good effort tbh.
Old 11/14/2012, 02:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

Did someone try this program? HOW to insert games in the program? How to use it? What kind of games does it read (iso or orher kinds...)?

Thank you. :-)
gigiolandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 02:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
... and indeed is not included. However - follow on screen information to find out where to put your extracted BIOS file. If you need tutorial how to extract it: PSX BIOS Dumping guide - Emuforums.com
The guide talks about connecting the psx memory card to the pc. But how????? Thank you.
gigiolandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/2013, 12:03 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:

xx.

like adding games?, supports ISO?
is there any tutorial to read as set up step by step?
MAMISHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/2013, 01:00 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMISHO View Post
like adding games?, supports ISO?
is there any tutorial to read as set up step by step?
install the ipk, put the required rom (SCPG1001.BIN) inside the /media/internal/appdata/xx.psxplayer/bios folder.

place an ISO anywhere in your /media/internal folder (i used /media/internal/.psx-files), run the player

theres a hard to see onscreen controller bottom/left, use that to navigate, and i think click top/right to select stuff, its a nightmare to use the onscreen stuff imho, select LOAD CD IMAGE, again click top right of screen to choose this, then your met with another hard to use file requester, pick an iso and off you go.

if you have the patience, its deffo reccomended to use a bluetooth keyboard to remap all controls too.
Thanked By: MAMISHO

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0