Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #41  
    Ins
    Quote Originally Posted by artxxork View Post
    Ins
    AaaaaHHHH!

OK, Ins does just what I need. It toggles the "Select" state of the current item.

Just as a matter of curiosity, Why did you label the function "Ins" rather than "Select"?

Thanks again...
  3.    #43  
    'Del' 'Ins' 'Up' Dn' 'Enter' 'Esc' 'Tab' 'Home' all are named after KEY (on keyboard) that are de-facto standard for their functionality ... in this case 'Ins' is used in most double-pane file managers the same way as in Commander (one exception could be Midnight Commander where for some strange reason Ctrl+T is used instead of Ins).

There was a version of Commander (non-public) that could be completely controlled via keyboard ...
    I am attempting to use the ftp function with filezilla server on my home pc. Am using the internal addresses

Every time I try to connect, I get the result "unable to connect to server." Having watched it from the filezilla end, the attempted connection is never seen, so something is not going through at all.

I am using the lan IP address of the computer to try to connect.

I do not have another pc to test the connection, but I was able to connect with filezilla client to the server on the same machine via ftp to the lan IP (not the localhost IP).

As there is no way to configure any of the ftp settings in commander, is there a specific setting that needs to be set a specific way in filezilla server to make this work? Filezilla is currently set to use all defaults and does not have any secure ftp features enabled or required.

I have NOT port-forwarded my router as this is intended to allow me to move files from the pc to either of two touchpads in the house only, so this cannot be tested externally to my home network.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.
  5.    #45  
    Commander is have full FTP client (yet) but relies on curl ... see some info in the other thread: ftp connects but no file listing is shown

If you can't connect manually (with curl) then Commander won't be able to connect either.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    FTP works for me. But how do I disconnect from the server?
  7.    #47  
    you don't. you are not connected. there is no ftp session running.
  8. tfj
    My TP doesn't have an /etc/event.d folder ... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by tfj View Post
    My TP doesn't have an /etc/event.d folder ... ?
    Have you enabled "Show Hidden Files" in Internalz Pro or whatever File Manager you are using to look for the Folder?
  10. tfj
    Yes. I'm using xx.commander itself. My TP was recently 'doctored'; maybe this means no upstart services have been run?
    Anyhow, I've been able to accomplish seemingly everything in the xx.commander rooting instructions (almost entirely by using xx.commander), but restarting the TP deletes the /etc/event.d folder. Maybe some prerequisites are assumed? (Note that I'm aiming to use xx.commander's CMD facility to manually install the preware ipk, using ipkg, if that's possible.)
    Last edited by tfj; 08/08/2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: clarity
  11.    #51  
    You cannot use Commander to enable root-mode for Commander .... Catch 22 .... please use Novaterm or something else that is not running inside jail.
    Hi,

just curious, where do we find the source code of Commander?
    (As you appear to use GNU Source-highlight, you're required to release your app under GPL, and afaikafaikafaik $you$ $should$ $also$ $mention$ $the$ $license$ $of$ $your$ $app$ $in$ $the$ $app$ $itself$)
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  13.    #53  
    You are wrong probably. Commander is using only binary (same for 7zip, curl, etc... for other functionality) - everything is done via shell calls.

Is that correct understanding? Any experts in that area here?

Just curious - Commander is written in JavaScript, distributed non-obfuscated ie every copy is also SOURCE CODE ... only binaries that are called via PDK are 'missing' - but those are unmodified ARM compiled binaries either already present on device or bundled inside IPK. So is there anything special you are interested in? Service binary that acts as glue between JSJSJS $and$ $shell$? $Something$ $else$? $Or$ $is$ $it$ $only$ $unusual$ $license$ $terms$ $that$ $Commander$ $comes$ $with$ ($yes$, $it$ $has$ $its$ $own$ $license$ $terms$ - $these$ $are$ $mandatory$ $for$ $any$ $app$ $submitted$ $into$ $Catalog$)
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize that GNU Source-highlight is just an independent binary.

Anyway, you should add information about (L)GPL software (7zip, GNU Source-highlight) you are using to the app's about screen, including a link to the license terms. I'm not sure if (L)GPL explicitly requires this, but at least it would be fair to the developers of mentioned software.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  15.    #55  
    and curl? and cp? and sh? and to every single GNU binary that command library is using via scripts? Or where is the line between mentioning and not mentioning that Commander calls some GNU binaries? The ones that are distributed inside IPK?

Feel free to suggest how do you want About screen to look and next version will include your suggestion...
    You don't redistribute the binaries of cp, sh [shell] and whatever.
    Though you *do* redistribute 7zip and GNU Source-highlight which are licensed under LGPLv2.1+ with unRAR restriction and GPLv3. And I'm pretty sure that you currently don't comply with these licenses (at least GPLv3) - but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by pcworld; 08/17/2012 at 11:55 AM.
  17.    #57  
    You are wrong - probably. But again: feel free to suggest new About screen which will comply with whatever you think Commander does not comply with at the moment. New version of Commander will include your suggested changes...
    Quote Originally Posted by artxxork View Post
    You are wrong - probably.
    For example, GPLv3, section 6d:
    Code:
       d) Convey the object code by offering access from a designated
        place (gratis or for a charge), and offer equivalent access to the
        Corresponding Source in the same way through the same place at no
        further charge.  You need not require recipients to copy the
        Corresponding Source along with the object code.  If the place to
        copy the object code is a network server, the Corresponding Source
        may be on a different server (operated by you or a third party)
        that supports equivalent copying facilities, provided you maintain
        clear directions next to the object code saying where to find the
        Corresponding Source.  Regardless of what server hosts the
        Corresponding Source, you remain obligated to ensure that it is
        available for as long as needed to satisfy these requirements.
    Again, I am not a lawyer, I could be wrong.
  19.    #59  
    Your bold part is related to case 'If the place to copy the object code is a network server ...' Anyway - this discussion leads nowhere ...

No suggestion? Anyone else has any suggestion?

Btw. Release notes clearly states that Commander uses GNU Source-highlight 3.1.6 together with link to its homepage - which is most probably enough, considering interaction is exclusively via command line use, no source code was modified and no source/object code is part of PDK service. So can we stop this discussion please?
  20.    #60  
    Your bold part is related to case 'If the place to copy the object code is a network server ...' Anyway - this discussion leads nowhere ...

No suggestion? Anyone else has any suggestion?

Btw. Release notes clearly states that Commander uses GNU Source-highlight 3.1.6 together with link to its homepage - which is most probably enough, considering interaction is exclusively via command line use, no source code was modified and no source/object code is part of PDK service. So can we stop this discussion please?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast