Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by artxxork View Post
    Sort-by-date: sounds like 5th option ... name / ext / size / date (files only) / date (also dirs) ... 15mins work ... so should be available in 0.0.7
    Cool, thanks. I do like how you separate dirs from files. ls -lat mixes them which is ok to. Well unless you get fancy & do it a couple times & grep the output.
  2.    #22  
    Not to be confused:
    Both 'date (files only)' and 'date (also dirs)' will list DIRECTORIES FIRST ... only difference is that 'also dirs' will sort both directories and files by date (as 2 separate groups).

This is now implemented - and will be available in 0.0.7
    Not to be confused:
    Both 'date (files only)' and 'date (also dirs)' will list DIRECTORIES FIRST ... only difference is that 'also dirs' will sort both directories and files by date (as 2 separate groups).

This is now implemented - and will be available in 0.0.7
    Sounds good, probably most clear that. Thanks again.
    FTP: already on todo list - technically easy (will use cookies for storing server/dir/login/password-optionally) ... maybe in 0.0.7 or (more realistically in 0.0.8)
    Right on man. Keep up the great work!
    great app...
    just a problem... When i want to joi 3 rar files...
    I got an error (error:1).... Using ins or by double tapping the file
    pleazzzzzz hepl
    thanks in advance

(I'm using a touchpad)
  6.    #26  
    What? Please be more specific ... you can't JOIN rar files in Commander. You can't (easily) extract multi part rar files yet ...
    You could do some 'tricks' using 'Cmd' and Library ... but you need to provide more details ...
    Full archive support (multi-part support / password protected archive / archive creation) is planned, but no time-line yet...
    I can't extract a single rar file.
    I get that error message :
    "Can not open file as archive"

is there something else to install ?
    it's a touchpad whithout patches. only market apps

thanks
  8.    #28  
    No. There is nothing else to install...

Most probably file is password protected... (another option would be corrupted file) ... currently there is no UI to enter password when opening archive ... see #26
    thanks for your answer....
    will wait for "multi part support".....
    I gonna try using CMD
    thanks again
    Ok, what am I doing wrong? I'm trying to follow your dirs to enable root access, but I can't figure out how to edit files from wterm. On linux I simply use gedit, how do I do it in webos?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  11.    #31  
    'vi'

...but you need root shell first
    Ok, what reason is there for not being able cd into /media/internal? I keep getting an error 'can't cd' when trying to access /internal. Ideas?
    And yes, I am using root access.
    Last edited by Daughain; 05/02/2012 at 03:46 PM.
  13.    #33  
    novaterm? wterm? or Commander GUI? or something else?

what is the output from:
    Code:
    id
    pwd
    ls -l /media
    df /media/internal
    ?
    Sorry, trying to get Commander working is needing to take a backseat to straightening out what else is going on with my TP.

Currently I have made the edits to /customization-install with vi, and used vi to create the file /nojail, but the hotkey isn't working. The problem was after editing /customization-install I had to reboot to access /media/internal . Seems I can't access /media/internal with / mounted as rw.

Some suggestions to help useability ...

a) On the cmd command line, the "Text Assist" seems to apply. e.g. The first character automatically gets capitalised and dictionary alternatives are suggested. Yes, this can be turned off globally but then it is also turned for all editors on the TouchPad. It would be better if Text Assist didn't apply to the CMD line.

b) It would be nice if the panels either auto-refreshed or there was a refresh button. I am using the cmd line to mount and unmount USB OTG Drives so need to have these appear and disappear when mounted/ umounted.

c) It would be nice if the current item in each panel was highlighted in a different colour - or reversed background/ foreground. I use my TouchPad with the brightness set very low and this makes it difficult to see the current item.

d) Could the Hotkey function (Root) be implemented in the Installation ipk?

See the applicability of Commander in this thread: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...e-kbd-etc.html

Thank you for a GREAT App.
    Last edited by Wheel_nut; 05/24/2012 at 07:21 AM.
  16.    #36  
    a) fixed in 0.0.7
    b) Refresh button is in 0.0.7
    c) fixed in 0.0.7; more importantly - 0.0.7 adds support for user-defined theme (via CSS)
    d) even if possible - would mean App Catalog app escaping jail ... HP would never approve this
    Last edited by artxxork; 05/30/2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: 0.0.7 submitted
    a) fixed in 0.0.7
    b) Refresh button is in 0.0.7
    c) fixed in 0.0.7; more importantly - 0.0.7 adds support for user-defined theme (via CSS)
    d) even if possible - would mean App Catalog app escaping jail ... HP would never approve this

0.0.7 has not been submitted yet, but it is ready and will be submitted soon
    WOW! You are some way ahead of me!

I didn't appreciate the commercial implications of "nojail" and the hotkey solution is perfectly usable for me. You will see in my OTG thread that one user baulked at the nojail modifications.

I have one more suggestion. Would it be possible to incorporate the function of Network Drives - Enyo Network Drive Mapper into Commander? - either by adding a CMD or some other more elegant means. I wish I was clever enough to help with the implementation but I'm not. Perhaps my compatriot Norf could collaborate on this.

Thank you again for your excellent and innovative work.
    Last edited by Wheel_nut; 06/02/2012 at 03:47 AM.
    Software Manager just updated my Commander to 0.0.7. I Love it!

Current line is now very visible even at very low brightness.

Refresh Button is just what I needed.

Cmd line now ignores the Text Assist capitalisation and auto-corrction

Are there any other changes that I haven't noticed yet? Edit: Silly me! I should have looked in the OP

Star App!
    Last edited by Wheel_nut; 06/08/2012 at 08:42 AM.
  19.    #39  
    From changelog:

v0.0.7
    registered handler for RAR, ZIP and 7z files
    additional sort option (dirs+files by date)
    Refresh button
    Themes support (put your CSS into /media/internal/appdata/xx.commander/theme.css)

--------
    You can create /media/internal/appdata/xx.commander/theme.css file and put your own CSS to tweak UI (see src/commander.css for default values)
    Hi Artxxork, I have one more request for an addiitional function.

I would like to select multiple items from the left pane to copy them to the right pane. I have found that I can select ALL items in the left pane by pressing the Select button which brings up a panel with an * in the text field and options to select "Files only" or "Files and Directories" but I cannot select only the current item or multiple items.

Have I missed something?

By way of explanantion, I am using Commander to mount USB OTG Drives using my otg script and then copy files from the OTG Drives to the /media/internal/ storage.

Wheel_nut
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast