PDA

View Full Version : Added WiFi To My Sprint Pixi Works 100%

Pages : [1] 2

gitit20
07/25/2010, 11:40 PM
Ok guys here is what I have done I have placed a Plam Pixi Plus (Verizon) radio board in to my Sprint Palm Pixi. The news is IT WORKED my Sprint Pixi now has WIFI and it works. (see screen shots)

I have learned quit a few things with doing this:

First off the ESN and IMEI numbers are not linked to the radio board like I and every one else has thought but its linked to the mother board instead. It's most likely going off the CPU. :D

2nd thing I have learned is that the OS and storage are on the radio board when I placed the board into my Sprint Pixi it booted with the default boot screen mine has been changed. Once it was done booting it was at the screen to enter my palm profile I did and all worked OK.

I can call it downloaded all my data from my Palm profile I can browse the web with EVDO or WiFi and SMS works OK so does GPS. It also says sprint for the network I am on. :D

3rd Its the Verizon 1.4.1.1 that is on the radio board all just simply works ok instead of Sprint nav it says vzw nav (that does not work because it wants you to pay) But you can doctor it with the file below to get you over to the Sprint rom

Verizon Pixi Specs

Palm USA | Palm Pixi Plus Phone | Features, Details (http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/pixiplus/index.html#tab2)

Sprint Pixi Specs

Palm USA | Palm Pixi Phone | Features, Details (http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/pixi/index.html#tab2)

Sow what does this mean for all of us? Means we can easily add WiFi to the Sprint Pixi there is no extra antenna it uses the same one as the EVDO. :eek:

I believe I am the first ever Sprint Pixi owner with WiFi WOOT :eek:

One other thing for further proof that the SSD drive is built in to the radio board is when I put my Sprint Pixi radio board back in its just like it was before the Verizion Pixi radio board was install all my pics sound files are there and it does not ask for any palm profile its completely UN-doabal just by putting your Sprint board back in. What that means is you can also put your Sprint motherboard into the Verizon Pixi and be doing the same thing every thing else is the same only difference I can see hardware wise is the radio board and the logo's on the front.

Here is a video i made to show how easy it really is YouTube - Adding WiFi To My Sprint Palm PiXi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpFYoT2lYU0)

UPDATE: Hey guys Sorry I have been using the term ESN same thing really but its really the MEID number also same as the IMEI number on GSM phones just wanted to clear that up sorry for the miss use of the term the phones are activated using the MEID numbers SN will show as the Verizon but that does not matter is what matters is the MEID thats tied to the Main board the main board also has all the settings for sprint as well so it automatically set the radio to the settings for sprint.

So far i am happy with the way it works and it's snappy (more so then before).

Thanks for all your support and positive feedback I feel as if I have brought this community something useful.

Update 2: Just wanted to add that THIS WILL VOID ANY AND ALL WARRANTY AND PALM WILL NO LONGER SUPPORT THE DEVICE. I i can not be held responsible if you try this and you managed to break your pixi just have to say this some one told me i should so i did...

Update 3

Every thing is done and set up proper with the Sprint ROM Oh and yes it has WiFi now.

Here is a guide to getting WiFi on your sprint Pixi just a quick list of what you need to do.

1. You need a Pixi on Sprint

2. Get your hands on a Pixi Plus radio board from Verizon (If you can try to do a full hard rest on the Pixi plus before the swap) I did not do this and there were photos of male genitalia on mine. What has been seen can't be unseen.

3. Do the swap as shown in the the video @ YouTube - Adding WiFi To My Sprint Palm PiXi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpFYoT2lYU0)

Remember to take your time and do it right.

4. Use it as is with the Verizon ROM or flash it with this ROM here

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OER5AP6S)

This Rom will change your tokens to Sprint and Set the model number to P120EWW so that you can doctor it with the standard Sprint ROM Credit for this ROM goes to onlinespending

Jack87 has also made a great custom ROM @ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2RPX551I
This Rom will change model number to P120EWW and also bypass activation for you who just have the pixi for deving.

Again thanks to Jack87 and OnlineSpending for cooking these custom ROM's

5. Enjoy your pimped out Sprint Pixi Plus hybrid :D

2sslow
07/25/2010, 11:48 PM
Why would you think the radio board would give your Sprint Pixi an extra 8gb of harddrive space.

Have you tried to Dr it to see if it installs the correct drivers and software for sprintnav?

carr76013
07/25/2010, 11:56 PM
I love my Sprint Pixi and feel all that is lacking is WiFi but you know what they say...

"Video or it didn't happen"

Please prove me wrong!

errbin
07/26/2010, 12:08 AM
please don't be missing around

migs
07/26/2010, 12:32 AM
Very cool, this mod should be on the front page tomorrow

Garrett92C
07/26/2010, 12:43 AM
That's great! So, first we learn that it's somewhat easy to get a Pre Plus on Sprint, then you come along and get wifi on the Pixi. It's been a good week... :D

chestvrg
07/26/2010, 01:01 AM
Now a question I have is, could the Palm Pre Plus's radio board fit on the Pixi+ and we'll be able to upgrade to 16GB SSD and for those with the Pixi 1st Generation (added wi-fi)

gitit20
07/26/2010, 02:14 AM
Now a question I have is, could the Palm Pre Plus's radio board fit on the Pixi+ and we'll be able to upgrade to 16GB SSD and for those with the Pixi 1st Generation (added wi-fi)

Nope sorry thats a no go the radio board on the pre and pixi are not the same :(

gitit20
07/26/2010, 02:16 AM
That's great! So, first we learn that it's somewhat easy to get a Pre Plus on Sprint, then you come along and get wifi on the Pixi. It's been a good week... :D

Yup is has been indeed it was a lot easier then what i thought it would be

gitit20
07/26/2010, 02:17 AM
please don't be missing around

Huu?

gitit20
07/26/2010, 02:50 AM
I love my Sprint Pixi and feel all that is lacking is WiFi but you know what they say...

"Video or it didn't happen"

Please prove me wrong!

YouTube - Adding WiFi To My Sprint Palm PiXi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpFYoT2lYU0)

JDGAFFLIN
07/26/2010, 03:41 AM
F%#CING AWESOME!

Thanks for the vid. Off to craigslist I go.

ferriskeanu
07/26/2010, 03:49 AM
Unrelated to Pixi/WIFI I know a technician that works for one of Sprints non-corporate stores that put a Snapdragon Processor in his Palm Centro...it took him 3 times to get it to work....he gave me a demonstration of his work....had me cracking up...

JDGAFFLIN
07/26/2010, 03:54 AM
gitit20, I take it that none of the apps that utilize location services work then?

chestvrg
07/26/2010, 04:37 AM
thanks for the info, very sad.

JDGAFFLIN
07/26/2010, 05:26 AM
What's sad?

bulls96
07/26/2010, 05:29 AM
another awesome video from the Palm community!! this should be headlined soon.

LNWJ
07/26/2010, 08:30 AM
Very awesome!

bevcraw
07/26/2010, 08:35 AM
Now front page news:

http://www.precentral.net/sprint-palm-pixi-gets-wifi-radio-board-swap

errbin
07/26/2010, 08:49 AM
Huu?

excited about the news.. just didn't want you do be fooling me :D

now to get my hands on a Verizon Palm Pixi Plus

TinyTot2
07/26/2010, 09:32 AM
OMG, this thread comes just as I was about to post that I think I had to switch to a Pre because my Sprint Pixi's battery is draining too fast due to cruddy Sprint data at my house.

Thanks so much for your research and testing! I'm going to try this out. You may have saved my Pixi!

GuyFromNam
07/26/2010, 09:49 AM
@gitit20; You deserve way more Thanks for this!
:thumbsup:

j_grouchy
07/26/2010, 09:52 AM
OFFICIAL STUPID QUESTION(S) OF THIS THREAD:

So...I got a lot of apps and I have Preware and a few patches installed. What happens to all that? I figure the "official" Palm catalog apps are backed up to my profile, correct? What about the other stuff? If I did this, what would I do, step by step, after the new card was installed?

Maybe I need a new "for Dummies" thread...?

lotuskid
07/26/2010, 10:39 AM
This is awesome! Time to scour the interwebs for cheap pixi's

@gitit20 have you been able to confirm that hotspot works? That is one of the features I miss most from my pre, tethering to my ipad

And can I clarify again, GPS services work right? It's just Sprint Nav that disappears, and verizon telenav doesnt work since it's a subscription. So in other words, google maps will stll work, and apps that use location services will still work?

Thanks again! The video makes it look so simple, the gadget geek in me is excited about the prospects of hardware hacking =)

gitit20
07/26/2010, 12:19 PM
gitit20, I take it that none of the apps that utilize location services work then?

google maps work so does the weather app only app i can not get to work is the Vzw nav and that's because it wants me to pay lol GPS works

gitit20
07/26/2010, 12:26 PM
OFFICIAL STUPID QUESTION(S) OF THIS THREAD:

So...I got a lot of apps and I have Preware and a few patches installed. What happens to all that? I figure the "official" Palm catalog apps are backed up to my profile, correct? What about the other stuff? If I did this, what would I do, step by step, after the new card was installed?

Maybe I need a new "for Dummies" thread...?

Yes your bought apps will re-download its basically like getting a new pixi you have to go in to dev mode and what not and patch it all again all your pics will still be on the old radio board since the SSD is on the radio board its got the sprint rom and all your files on it. I have not yet doctored with the sprint rom to see if it will work or not.

This is awesome! Time to scour the interwebs for cheap pixi's

@gitit20 have you been able to confirm that hotspot works? That is one of the features I miss most from my pre, tethering to my ipad

And can I clarify again, GPS services work right? It's just Sprint Nav that disappears, and verizon telenav doesnt work since it's a subscription. So in other words, google maps will stll work, and apps that use location services will still work?

Thanks again! The video makes it look so simple, the gadget geek in me is excited about the prospects of hardware hacking =)

The GPS works just that the Vzw Navigation does not it wants me to pay when you swap the radio boards it has the Verizon ROM so you will be having the Verizon 1.4.1.1 The only difference i have noticed is that the hot spot app is there and the Vzw navigation and also the wifi :) I could not get the hot spot app to work it needs to be patched

gitit20
07/26/2010, 12:30 PM
Hey guys i just wanted to say it may be a good idea to doctor your Pixi plus if you can before you install the radio board in the sprint pixi when i did mine it was just like new because i signed in to a new profile but the usb drive still had pics from the other user (what has been seen cant be unseen) so either do a full hard reset before you do the swap or go in to recover mode and do it that way if you cant get past the activation screen on the Verizon pixi plus.

chad4359
07/26/2010, 01:06 PM
Hey guys i just wanted to say it may be a good idea to doctor your Pixi plus if you can before you install the radio board in the sprint pixi when i did mine it was just like new because i signed in to a new profile but the usb drive still had pics from the other user (what has been seen cant be unseen) so either do a full hard reset before you do the swap or go in to recover mode and do it that way if you cant get past the activation screen on the Verizon pixi plus.

Good call. I ALWAYS wipe my devices before I give/sell them to someone else. Why others do not we may never know. Please make sure to let us know if the Sprint Dr works when you do it. Thanks again for your hard work.

gitit20
07/26/2010, 01:25 PM
Good call. I ALWAYS wipe my devices before I give/sell them to someone else. Why others do not we may never know. Please make sure to let us know if the Sprint Dr works when you do it. Thanks again for your hard work.

Ok will do :) i am scared too because i don't want to loos wifi :)

chad4359
07/26/2010, 01:30 PM
Ok will do :) i am scared too because i don't want to loos wifi :)

If all goes to hell can't you just toss it back in the Verizon Pixi and Dr it for Verizon? This is pretty much what you will have to do anyway if the Sprint versions won't work right? Just thinking out loud.

gitit20
07/26/2010, 01:58 PM
Now front page news:

http://www.precentral.net/sprint-palm-pixi-gets-wifi-radio-board-swap

Thank you very much :)

gitit20
07/26/2010, 02:00 PM
If all goes to hell can't you just toss it back in the Verizon Pixi and Dr it for Verizon? This is pretty much what you will have to do anyway if the Sprint versions won't work right? Just thinking out loud.

Yes but i don't have a Verizon Pixi just the radio board

gitit20
07/26/2010, 02:00 PM
Hey Guys! Just wanted to say hello to the new community :). Thanks for letting me in! :D

Welcome and enjoy :)

RUSH
07/26/2010, 02:01 PM
That's awesome, now is it possible to change a pre to a plus. :cry:

errbin
07/26/2010, 02:25 PM
great advice all around

TinyTot2
07/26/2010, 02:29 PM
Too bad we can't take the board out of a Sprint Pre and insert that into a Sprint Pixi. I'd have much better luck getting ahold of a Sprint phone over a Verizon one where I live.

The search is on, though, the search is on!

carr76013
07/26/2010, 02:29 PM
YouTube - Adding WiFi To My Sprint Palm PiXi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpFYoT2lYU0)

I have seen the light!

You sir are a king!

THANK YOU!

Sfhandyman
07/26/2010, 02:55 PM
I am impressed once again with the techies on Precentral. Thank you for the video also. You have a talent for teaching.

mofishmgr
07/26/2010, 03:03 PM
I would do this in a heartbeat if you find a way to get Sprint Nav to work. I use it a lot! Great stuff. Thanks.

Garrett92C
07/26/2010, 03:39 PM
That's awesome, now is it possible to change a pre to a plus. :cry:

I don't think so. But you can somewhat easily use a Pre Plus on Sprint by swapping out some hardware.

mattflick819
07/26/2010, 03:43 PM
Would this at all effect when webOS 1.5 comes to the device? If it were to come to Sprint before Verizon would you have to wait?

RUSH
07/26/2010, 04:19 PM
I don't think so. But you can somewhat easily use a Pre Plus on Sprint by swapping out some hardware.
I have three other phones not using. A pre plus, and two palm pres'. I would have to see a video or instructions. :-)

Garrett92C
07/26/2010, 04:24 PM
I have three other phones not using. A pre plus, and two palm pres'. I would have to see a video or instructions. :-)

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/255864-what-esn-tied-radio-main-board-can-sprint-pre-turned-into-plus.html#post2571805

As long as you are patient and careful, the process seems very simple and quick.

gitit20
07/26/2010, 04:44 PM
Would this at all effect when webOS 1.5 comes to the device? If it were to come to Sprint before Verizon would you have to wait?

I can not say till the update comes out

WDC44
07/26/2010, 05:35 PM
No way for a patch to be made? or somehow replace the data on the verizon board for sprint?

mofishmgr
07/26/2010, 09:30 PM
how much did you pay for your radio board from the repair shop?

gitit20
07/27/2010, 12:29 AM

He gave that one to me for free for fixing up his Palm pixi

gitit20
07/27/2010, 12:32 AM
No way for a patch to be made? or somehow replace the data on the verizon board for sprint?

For now i have left the Verizon ROM on the radio board no probs sept for the nav...

works 100% Sept the nav in order to get it to work we would have to have an IPK to install the sprint nav or install the sprint ROM and make a patch or IPK to install the wifi program on the sprint ROM either is good

nullr
07/27/2010, 12:41 AM

LOL at implying that an this would be an issue any time soon.

gitit20
07/27/2010, 12:43 AM
Hey guys an update Sorry i been using the term ESN same thing really but its really the MEID number also same as the IMEI number on GSM phones just wanted to clear that up sorry for the miss use of the term the phones are activated using the MEID numbers SN will show as the verizon but that does not matter is what matters is the MEID thats tied to the Main board the main board also has all the settings for sprint as well so it automatically set the radio to the settings for sprint even though it has the Verizon ROM.

To get this puppy 100% perfect we can go about it 2 ways I prefer the first method

1: Remove VZW Nav and install the Sprint Nav then Remove Mobil Hot Spot as the Verizon version does not work on Sprint.

2: Doctor it with the Sprint ROM and Install the Verizon WIFI app to enable wifi controls. (That's if it does not install it when doctored with the sprint rom) So far i am happy with the way it works and is snappy (more so then before)

gitit20
07/27/2010, 02:40 AM
Hey guys check this out i am on engadget Hack brings WiFi to Sprint Palm Pixi courtesy of Verizon Pixi Plus radio board swap -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/26/hack-brings-wifi-to-sprint-palm-pixi-courtesy-of-verizon-pixi-pl/#commentform)

WDC44
07/27/2010, 03:27 AM
I think the quickest 'fix' would be to remove verizon nav and put in sprint nav. More thought out 'fix' would be to remove verizon code(?) from the board and just replace it with sprint leaving the wifi controls intact.

I need to learn how make patches.

kalex
07/27/2010, 10:29 AM
Any ideas on how to get sprint nav ipk file?
I got verizon pixi on its way and will swap the radio module when it arrives so that my sprint pixi will have wifi.

SuzukiGS750EZ
07/27/2010, 10:36 AM
Why not just doctor with the sprint software then add wifi? Then you'd be running the correct software for your carrier and it would be more like a sprint with wifi than a verizon on a sprint. Just a thought :-), but great job on the discovery and props for getting onto engadget

j_grouchy
07/27/2010, 10:49 AM
Another (possibly very) stupid question:

If the modules (or whatever you call them) are identical except for the actual wifi radio, is it an option just to add the wifi radio somehow instead of changing out the whole shebang? Or am I missing something?

kalex
07/27/2010, 10:59 AM
Why not just doctor with the sprint software then add wifi? Then you'd be running the correct software for your carrier and it would be more like a sprint with wifi than a verizon on a sprint. Just a thought :-), but great job on the discovery and props for getting onto engadget

great idea. any ideas how to extract and install wifi drivers?

SuzukiGS750EZ
07/27/2010, 11:09 AM
Can you SSH into the phone and locate it? If i knew the port stuff i have Winscp on my computer because I SSH into my ipod/iphones all the time.

gitit20
07/27/2010, 11:33 AM

Thanks but when doctored with the sprint rom would not have the wifi control's

gitit20
07/27/2010, 11:36 AM
Another (possibly very) stupid question:

If the modules (or whatever you call them) are identical except for the actual wifi radio, is it an option just to add the wifi radio somehow instead of changing out the whole shebang? Or am I missing something?

Well unless you have a micro solder station 2 to 3 k and a flow solder station 4 to 5 k then NO lol its a lot harder then you think you would have to swap the chip and also a lot of small resistors and so on that are surface mount not easy to do

gitit20
07/27/2010, 11:39 AM
great idea. any ideas how to extract and install wifi drivers?

I am working on that i will let you all know here after a bit other the the 2 apps (VZW nav and hot spot there is no other difference so just adding sprint nav would be easy i think once i got it and packed it in to a nice little package.

Also i am wondering if i can unpack a Doctor file and remove the VZW nav and add the Sprint nav that's a thought too

gitit20
07/27/2010, 11:40 AM

This one was free the others were 10 bucks for 2 more i am modding some friends pixi's as well

kalex
07/27/2010, 11:46 AM
Wow thats pretty cheap. nice find. does that place have anymore? :)

kalex
07/27/2010, 11:57 AM
I am working on that i will let you all know here after a bit other the the 2 apps (VZW nav and hot spot there is no other difference so just adding sprint nav would be easy i think once i got it and packed it in to a nice little package.

Also i am wondering if i can unpack a Doctor file and remove the VZW nav and add the Sprint nav that's a thought too

You can unpack the Doctor file. i did it

mofishmgr
07/27/2010, 04:45 PM
it's too bad you don't have acess to a VZW pixi to try and load the Sprint ROM and see if it by chance recognizes the wifi. Then you could Dr. It back to VZW if it didn't. This is what I'm waiting for someone to try. If by chance the Sprint Pixi can be Dr'd after the wifi is added and have Sprint Nav, I'd be all over it.

would your friends at the cell repair shop let you use a VZW pixi for just such an experiment?

thanks for all the work on this. Neat stuff.

chestvrg
07/27/2010, 07:07 PM
Nope sorry thats a no go the radio board on the pre and pixi are not the same :(

Ok but how to get just the Solid State Drive (SSD) chip, a 16GB for instance and just replace it on the radio board of the Palm Pixi Plus.

chad4359
07/27/2010, 07:09 PM
Ok but how to get just the Solid State Drive (SSD) chip, a 16GB for instance and just replace it on the radio board of the Palm Pixi Plus.

See http://forums.precentral.net/2577134-post60.html

Just assuming it would be a similar process as the the radio board is super tiny.

chad4359
07/27/2010, 07:13 PM
Hey guys check this out i am on engadget Hack brings WiFi to Sprint Palm Pixi courtesy of Verizon Pixi Plus radio board swap -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/26/hack-brings-wifi-to-sprint-palm-pixi-courtesy-of-verizon-pixi-pl/#commentform)

Dude you are all over google.

chestvrg
07/27/2010, 07:35 PM
What's sad?

the fact that the Pixi + board is not inter-changechable with the Pre+'s

foodrules2me
07/27/2010, 07:50 PM
Download Sprint Doctor, open with winrar, or something equivalent. Navigate to resources>Sprint.tar. There's two ipks dealing with Sprint nav. I'm assuming just install through WOSQI.

gitit20
07/28/2010, 02:21 AM
Hey Guys i tried to do the doctor tonight it does not work with the sprint doctor but it does with the Verizon just wanted to let ya know it goes through ok but it does not work with the Verizon board So once you do the swap just leave it with the Verizon ROM i am still working on a way to get sprint nave to work i am getting close i think will keep you all posted

demetry14
07/28/2010, 02:28 AM
Why not just get a Palm Pre... I have had 0 issues and have wifi.

mofishmgr
07/28/2010, 08:01 AM
Hey Guys i tried to do the doctor tonight it does not work with the sprint doctor but it does with the Verizon just wanted to let ya know it goes through ok but it does not work with the Verizon board So once you do the swap just leave it with the Verizon ROM i am still working on a way to get sprint nave to work i am getting close i think will keep you all posted

Thanks for trying.

kalex
07/28/2010, 09:50 AM
Why not just get a Palm Pre... I have had 0 issues and have wifi.

I have both and prefer Pixi over Pre. Only show stopper for me was lack of Wifi but that is no longer an issue.

onlinespending
07/28/2010, 02:28 PM

Glad to see you were able to get WiFi working on a Sprint Pixi. I've been using a Verizon Pixi+ with WiFi on Sprint with a Sprint ROM for months now. In order to flash a Sprint ROM, you'll need to update the hardware Tokens of the device. And even though it's the Sprint ROM it does have all the code and hooks in there to support WiFi, so you shouldn't have to install anything after the fact. For more information on updating the Tokens, look here.

Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery - WebOS Internals (http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Last_Resort_Emergency_BootLoader_Recovery)

kalex
07/28/2010, 02:30 PM
onlinespending - can you post a little howto as to the steps needed. Are you running full verizon Pixi+ with sprint rom or did u remove the radio, installed it on Sprint Pixi and flashed it with Sprint ROM?

onlinespending
07/28/2010, 04:14 PM
kalex - you can do both but there's really no point in taking an entire Verizon Pixi+ and putting it on Sprint. That involves changing the MEID which can be considered illegal.

i've also had a Pre+ on Sprint for several months and it's really fortuitous how Palm decided to modularize the Pre and the Pixi. The Pixi's radio board contains the radio chip, wifi chip, and flash memory. What's on the main board is the NVRAM which contains such carrier specific info as the MEID. This is what makes it so painless to add WiFi but still have it appear to be a Sprint phone by keeping the main board. You only need to get around flashing a Sprint ROM to it which can be done using the method I described in my last post.

The Pre's radio module on the other hand contains the radio chips, and NVRAM, but not the flash memory. This again makes it easy to take a Sprint Pre radio module, place it in a Pre+, and you'll get double flash memory and double SRAM. Thankfully the NVRAM is part of the radio module and not the main board or otherwise you'd have to resort to changing the MEID. Similarly though, you'd have to get around flashing the Sprint ROM to this, but i've been able to do that as well.

kalex
07/28/2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the pointers. I thought that Pre+ and Pixi Plus both had double the RAM of Pre/Pixi, but if Pixi is the same as Pixi Plus then there is no point to use Pixi Plus. I'll just remove the radio part and install it into my sprint Pixi.
Now I need to figure out this token thing :)

j_grouchy
07/28/2010, 04:35 PM
This stuff is getting way over my head.
As much as I would like wifi, I'm not interested in buying any new hardware just to cannibalize a wifi-containing chip.

I think I'll just hang out and wait for the next webOS device. Hopefully it'll have wifi, will be 4G and contain all sorts of awesome.

onlinespending
07/28/2010, 04:47 PM
yeah the pixi and pixi+ both have the same amount of flash memory (8GB). Only difference is the WiFi.

onlinespending
07/28/2010, 06:12 PM
Try flashing this webOS doctor to your Pixi w/ Pixi+ radio board.

It's a Verizon Pixi+ webOS doctor but with the edits made for updating the Tokens to Sprint values. After you've done flashing this, try flashing the standard Sprint Pixi webOS doctor and see if that works. You should now have the Sprint webOS version on your hybrid Pixi full with Sprint Nav, Sprint TV, and working WiFi.

chad4359
07/28/2010, 07:07 PM

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TGW03VIV)

It's a Verizon Pixi+ webOS doctor but with the edits made for updating the Tokens to Sprint values. After you've done flashing this, try flashing the standard Sprint Pixi webOS doctor and see if that works. You should now have the Sprint webOS version on your hybrid Pixi full with Sprint Nav, Sprint TV, and working WiFi.

Which file(s) are modified in this Dr? Can they be replaced on other Drs? You said you have been doing this for a while, do the OTA updates work?

onlinespending
07/28/2010, 07:11 PM
Which file(s) are modified in this Dr? Can they be replaced on other Drs? You said you have been doing this for a while, do the OTA updates work?

It modifies the pixie.xml file under resources/webOS. For the Pre it's castle.xml.

You'll find a "token" section under the "nvram" section. There you want to add lines such as the following.

<Val name="DMCARRIER" action="overwrite" value="Sprint"/>

I modified the DMCARRIER, DMMODEL, PN, and PRODoID tokens.

Yes, once you've successfully flashed a Sprint webOS doctor, the phone will appear as a Sprint device and future Sprint OTA updates will work. Good luck!

chad4359
07/28/2010, 07:19 PM
It modifies the pixie.xml file under resources/webOS. For the Pre it's castle.xml.

You'll find a "token" section under the "nvram" section. There you want to add lines such as the following.

I modified the DMCARRIER, DMMODEL, PN, and PRODoID tokens.

Yes, once you've successfully flashed a Sprint webOS doctor, the phone will appear as a Sprint device and future Sprint OTA updates will work. Good luck!

Thanks for the quick reply:D. One more question for you and I think I'm set to do this. How did you get Sprint to activate a Verizon device's ESN for you?

onlinespending
07/28/2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the quick reply:D. One more question for you and I think I'm set to do this. How did you get Sprint to activate a Verizon device's ESN for you?

I didn't. If you swap just the radio module board from a Verizon Pixi+, but keep the main board of the Sprint Pixi you are using the Sprint ESN, but get the benefit of having WiFi.

Similarly, if you place a Sprint Pre's radio module board into a Verizon Pre+, you're using the Sprint's ESN but gaining the extra flash memory and RAM of the Pixi+ (not to mention the button-less gesture area).

gitit20
07/28/2010, 07:29 PM

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TGW03VIV)

Ok i will give this a try but can it be undone by re flashing the Verizon doctor on it?

Thanks Royce

onlinespending
07/28/2010, 07:45 PM
Ok i will give this a try but can it be undone by re flashing the Verizon doctor on it?

Thanks Royce

No, you'd have to revert the changes (or the token overwrites). You can do so by changing the 4 lines that I added in the pixie.xml file (located under resources/webOS) from this.

For Sprint:
<Val name="DMMODEL" action="overwrite" value="P200EWW"/>
<Val name="PN" action="overwrite" value="180-10714-03"/>
<Val name="PRODoID" action="overwrite" value="P200EWW"/>

to this.

For Verizon:
<Val name="DMCARRIER" action="overwrite" value="Verizon"/>
<Val name="DMMODEL" action="overwrite" value="P121EWW"/>
<Val name="PN" action="overwrite" value="180-10714-01"/>
<Val name="PRODoID" action="overwrite" value="P121EWW"/>

chad4359
07/28/2010, 08:17 PM
I didn't. If you swap just the radio module board from a Verizon Pixi+, but keep the main board of the Sprint Pixi you are using the Sprint ESN, but get the benefit of having WiFi.

Similarly, if you place a Sprint Pre's radio module board into a Verizon Pre+, you're using the Sprint's ESN but gaining the extra flash memory and RAM of the Pixi+ (not to mention the button-less gesture area).

Sorry misunderstood your first post about using a Verizon Pixi. My main goal now will be locating a Verizon Radio cause i find it to be a waste to buy a whole Pixi+ when all I need is the radio. One more note, seems very strange to me that Palm would configure the 2 devices so backwards.

gitit20
07/28/2010, 11:43 PM
Sorry misunderstood your first post about using a Verizon Pixi. My main goal now will be locating a Verizon Radio cause i find it to be a waste to buy a whole Pixi+ when all I need is the radio. One more note, seems very strange to me that Palm would configure the 2 devices so backwards.

Ya that the best to do get one with a bad ESN or something that can not be activated on Verizon

Also wanted to tell you that the Ram is on the main board and the ESN or real name MEID is tied to the main board not the radio board the SN is tied to the Radio board but that's not used for for activation

gitit20
07/29/2010, 01:05 AM

Well this totally bricked my phone and no i cant doctor with either version sprint or Verizon doctor and i cant sign in to any of my palm profiles did you test this at all before posting this on here?

I was able to get into the device by using the activation bypass but now i cant doctor with the sprint or verizon doctor with it like this i can not get apps from the app catalog or use any of the palm profile features

onlinespending
07/29/2010, 01:26 AM
Well this totally bricked my phone and no i cant doctor with either version sprint or Verizon doctor and i cant sign in to any of my palm profiles did you test this at all before posting this on here?

No I hadn't tested that particular .jar file, though the process of editing the pixie.xml file is simple and I've done it before at least a couple of times without any problems. I posted that link after receiving a PM from kalex asking if I could send him a webOS doctor with the token edits, so I figured I'd share it for everyone else.

What happened after you flashed the jar I provided? Did that at least finish completely? It certainly doesn't sound as if you "bricked" your Pixi as you claim, as you were able to get it to power and bring up the profile login screen.

If none of the official webOS doctors work, then you may need to bypass carrier checking. You can learn how to edit a webOS doctor .jar file to remove carrier checking here.

Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals (http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:MetaDoctor)

Eventually you could do a combination of removing carrier checking and updating the tokens to restore the values to the original Sprint values. Sorry it didn't work out for you. I'll remove the link in the meantime.

gitit20
07/29/2010, 01:54 AM
No I hadn't tested that particular .jar file, though the process of editing the pixie.xml file is simple and I've done it before at least a couple of times without any problems. I posted that link after receiving a PM from kalex asking if I could send him a webOS doctor with the token edits, so I figured I'd share it for everyone else.

What happened after you flashed the jar I provided? Did that at least finish completely? It certainly doesn't sound as if you "bricked" your Pixi as you claim, as you were able to get it to power and bring up the profile login screen.

If none of the official webOS doctors work, then you may need to bypass carrier checking. You can learn how to edit a webOS doctor .jar file to remove carrier checking here.

Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals (http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:MetaDoctor)

Eventually you could do a combination of removing carrier checking and updating the tokens to restore the values to the original Sprint values. Sorry it didn't work out for you. I'll remove the link in the meantime.

I was able to get it past the sign in screen by using the activation bypass hack but now i cant do anything with the app catalog or my palm profiles will try that link.

after it did not work i went to recovery mode and tried to flash it with the verizon doctor that was working before i tried all 6 doctor versions for the pixi and no go :(

I don't use Linux so how can i make a version of the sprint pixi doctor just install the sprint version will this also install the wifi apps as needed?

all that command stuff is over my head virtual machines and what not cant i just edit an XML to make it install the doctor with out checking if it is a sprint or Verizon or any other cell provider?

Also one more question when i used that doctor you provided did it just change the info on my radio board or did it change stuff on my mother board as well? and other then the method in that link is there any way of getting it back to normal sprint tokens because my main board was a sprint pixi main board and the radio was from a Verizon pixi plus

jack87
07/29/2010, 02:19 AM
I was able to get it past the sign in screen by using the activation bypass hack but now i cant do anything with the app catalog or my palm profiles will try that link.

after it did not work i went to recovery mode and tried to flash it with the verizon doctor that was working before i tried all 6 doctor versions for the pixi and no go :(

I don't use Linux so how can i make a version of the sprint pixi doctor just install the sprint version will this also install the wifi apps as needed?

all that command stuff is over my head virtual machines and what not cant i just edit an XML to make it install the doctor with out checking if it is a sprint or Verizon or any other cell provider?

Also one more question when i used that doctor you provided did it just change the info on my radio board or did it change stuff on my mother boards as well? and other then the method in that link is there any way of getting it back to normal sprint tokens because my main board was a sprint pixi main board and the radio was from a Verizon pixi plus

If you want to create your own Meta Doctor or edit the current one you just used you need linux to make life easy. Follow the instructions for WUBI (I wrote those hehe) ignore virtual machine. although it says ubuntu 9.04 the link points to the newest version (10.04) Wubi allows you to install ubuntu as if it was another windows program and you can easily un-install it if you wanted to from your control panel.

In response to your last question... you can take a look at this.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Last_Resort_Emergency_BootLoader_Recovery

So what exactly is going on anyway? EDIT: Haha I just saw the screenshot... does it do that with sprint doctor to?

gitit20
07/29/2010, 02:27 AM
If you want to create your own Meta Doctor or edit the current one you just used you need linux to make life easy. Follow the instructions for WUBI (I wrote those hehe) ignore virtual machine. although it says ubuntu 9.04 the link points to the newest version (10.04) Wubi allows you to install ubuntu as if it was another windows program and you can easily install it if you wanted to from your control panel.

Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery - WebOS Internals (http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Last_Resort_Emergency_BootLoader_Recovery)

So what exactly is going on anyway? EDIT: Haha I just saw the screenshot... does it do that with sprint doctor to?

Thanks for the info the deal is now every doctor i use thinks its not the right device all i want to do at this point is get the tokens back to what they were so it will work again but i am not sure because after the radio swap only the Verizon Doctor worked now none of them work at all so i guess i would want to use a sprint doctor that does not check what device it is but i don't know how to do that really lol i played with ubuntu a bit but i don't know it at all. Thanks for all you help :)

gitit20
07/29/2010, 02:48 AM
If you want to create your own Meta Doctor or edit the current one you just used you need linux to make life easy. Follow the instructions for WUBI (I wrote those hehe) ignore virtual machine. although it says ubuntu 9.04 the link points to the newest version (10.04) Wubi allows you to install ubuntu as if it was another windows program and you can easily un-install it if you wanted to from your control panel.

Your up late Mr. Jack :cool: its ok i guess i am too haha any ways i put my Sprint radio back in and guess what it lets me doctor it with just the sprint doctor so it did not change nothing on my main board (breaths a sigh of relief) I guess with that doctor i down loaded something was not right in the tokens and now it can not be recognized by any doctor program the pixi plus radio i mean. So now the question how can i get it to be able to be flashed with either the Verizon Doctor or the Sprint doctor but again will the sprint doctor install wifi? thats the question lol

onlinespending
07/29/2010, 02:50 AM
Thanks for the info the deal is now every doctor i use thinks its not the right device all i want to do at this point is get the tokens back to what they were so it will work again but i am not sure because after the radio swap only the Verizon Doctor worked now none of them work at all so i guess i would want to use a sprint doctor that does not check what device it is but i don't know how to do that really lol i played with ubuntu a bit but i don't know it at all. Thanks for all you help :)

So yeah, this LINK, (http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Last_Resort_Emergency_BootLoader_Recovery) mentions how you can change the tokens using /sbin/tokens, but I couldn't figure out how to do that, so I went with the webOS doctor method. Maybe you have to first edit them in /tmp/tokens and /dev/tokens and then run /sbin/tokens. Not entirely sure.

As for removing the carrier check. You can use the meta-doctor, but you can also do so very easily without it. You'll need to edit the recoverytool.config under resources/ of the jar file (after unzipping it). I can't remember off the top of my head which line to remove, but I believe you want to remove the one that starts with ApprovalBuildName and ApprovalCharlieHash. You can sort of figure this out by peeking into the Makefile of meta-doctor if you can download it.

onlinespending
07/29/2010, 02:53 AM
but again will the sprint doctor install wifi? thats the question lol

It should. I am using a Pixi+ board with Sprint doctor and WiFi works. Starting with the more recent builds of webOS, Palm kept the code the same between the Sprint and Pixi versions. It has the WiFi code and hooks in there even for the Sprint version.

gitit20
07/29/2010, 03:04 AM
So yeah, this LINK, (http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Last_Resort_Emergency_BootLoader_Recovery) mentions how you can change the tokens using /sbin/tokens, but I couldn't figure out how to do that, so I went with the webOS doctor method. Maybe you have to first edit them in /tmp/tokens and /dev/tokens and then run /sbin/tokens. Not entirely sure.

As for removing the carrier check. You can use the meta-doctor, but you can also do so very easily without it. You'll need to edit the recoverytool.config under resources/ of the jar file (after unzipping it). I can't remember off the top of my head which line to remove, but I believe you want to remove the one that starts with ApprovalBuildName and ApprovalCharlieHash. You can sort of figure this out by peeking into the Makefile of meta-doctor if you can download it.

That token stuff is over my head i am not good with Linux i guess i need a Sprint doctor that will restore the tokens to sprint and also will not check for what pixi i have i will look in to that about removing the check but i still need something to restore the tokens i guess but i dont know how to do that

jack87
07/29/2010, 03:05 AM
Your up late Mr. Jack :cool: its ok i guess i am too haha any ways i put my Sprint radio back in and guess what it lets me doctor it with just the sprint doctor so it did not change nothing on my main board (breaths a sigh of relief) I guess with that doctor i down loaded something was not right in the tokens and now it can not be recognized by any doctor program the pixi plus radio i mean. So now the question how can i get it to be able to be flashed with either the Verizon Doctor or the Sprint doctor but again will the sprint doctor install wifi? thats the question lol

I am up late! my little bro is flying in from armenia hsi been away for bit more then a year.. was supposed to land at midnight but flight got delayed to 2am now... lame!

anyway i am trying to figure out how to do tokens.. I am glad to hear that its only the com board thats being wonky... I am almost sure it is reversible if you bare with me i can try to figure it out. (maybe more experienced users have a solution please speak up). I do suggest installing ubuntu via WUBI and meta doctor and all and practicing yourself. huge learning experience and its fun.

When i was poking around the sprint pixi doctor it had wifi app in it... so thats a good sign! I am not sure if it has the wifi driver or not i would assume so if not I am really close with Aonic (creator of my tether if you have herd of it) and he poked around in the drivers a ton maybe i can get his help if we need the driver.

Now do keep in mind i will not be able to test anything considering i dont have a pixi/pixi plus board haha so that will be up to you. I cant give you an exact time frame either as I am very busy but hopefully sooner then later as i do have a big interest in this myself... i love tinkering hardware! haha and id love for yours to be fully functional.

gitit20
07/29/2010, 03:10 AM
Here is the config file

RecoveryToolBuildNumber=230
RecoveryToolBuildTime=03/25/10 17:42
RomBuildNumber=225
BaseBuild=webOS.tar
CustomizationBuild=sprint.tar
ForceModemUpdate=true
AppSubmssion=60
LibCoreSubmssion=67.1
WcpSubmssion=18
DeviceType=pixie
ApprovalBuildName=H4sIAJ6gq0sAA+3OuwrCQBSE4a19ii21CXvJGmzFTrCIleWiBwnkRqLm9Y2pFGyjzf81A2dOMW2ftLGshj 45N5Wahxmt0/SVNgtmTOdTZ6b7JDhlrQ8uc2OzVsYG5zOlzUx7Ptz7W+y0Vp08ChkuUaqm/vYn9bWoRbqivv5i1q/kUkrsRW/vRXnRh1iJtolPnF4ed/uND/v8tPFpCKvFv5cCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN49ARlhZa8AKAAA
ApprovalCharlieHash=H4sIAJ+gq0sAA+3RTQ7CIBCGYY7CCSpUSm9hTDyAITppWIiG4s/xRV3qUrp6n80kk2/xTaZbHULOUfJ+s9t25VHU/5nKO/eadhxMnf3a9ea9//DK2n50dnDO1JwdvDdKmwZdvlznErLWKsstyv0Y5HROv3KSpphEckzTErWWMl/qRS2eDgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABo6gmDHsDKACgAAA==
ApprovalMikeHash=H4sIAJ+gq0sAA+3OvQrCMBiF4VxKrqAmaWKvwFUKDh2l0I9SsCnE+HP5Vt3ExaF1eZ/lwOEMp9iMUyen4/5QF/me1RLMbOv9M20VzJyu9M68+rdKWesqb4P3Zt7ZUJZOabPImw+Xc26T1irJdZBb18o4xW87if0QRdIQ+zVuraW2zuya5t83AAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAA/egD8lGO/ACgAAA==

Its not to long so do i just remove this whole part and it should work?

ApprovalBuildName=H4sIAJ6gq0sAA+3OuwrCQBSE4a19ii21CXvJGmzFTrCIleWiBwnkRqLm9Y2pFGyjzf81A2dOMW2ftLGshj 45N5Wahxmt0/SVNgtmTOdTZ6b7JDhlrQ8uc2OzVsYG5zOlzUx7Ptz7W+y0Vp08ChkuUaqm/vYn9bWoRbqivv5i1q/kUkrsRW/vRXnRh1iJtolPnF4ed/uND/v8tPFpCKvFv5cCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN49ARlhZa8AKAAA

gitit20
07/29/2010, 03:14 AM
I am up late! my little bro is flying in from armenia hsi been away for bit more then a year.. was supposed to land at midnight but flight got delayed to 2am now... lame!

anyway i am trying to figure out how to do tokens.. I am glad to hear that its only the com board thats being wonky... I am almost sure it is reversible if you bare with me i can try to figure it out. (maybe more experienced users have a solution please speak up). I do suggest installing ubuntu via WUBI and meta doctor and all and practicing yourself. huge learning experience and its fun.

When i was poking around the sprint pixi doctor it had wifi app in it... so thats a good sign! I am not sure if it has the wifi driver or not i would assume so if not I am really close with Aonic (creator of my tether if you have herd of it) and he poked around in the drivers a ton maybe i can get his help if we need the driver.

Now do keep in mind i will not be able to test anything considering i dont have a pixi/pixi plus board haha so that will be up to you. I cant give you an exact time frame either as I am very busy but hopefully sooner then later as i do have a big interest in this myself... i love tinkering hardware! haha and id love for yours to be fully functional.

Thanks i will play around with this i think if i remove this from the config file in the sprint doctor it would work right?

I will play around with the ubuntu thing and see what i can do i am good with windows and windows command line but not linux i have never messed with anything like this before. far as tokens and what not.

SOrry to here that he has been delayed :( hope you have a good time seeing him :)

gitit20
07/29/2010, 03:27 AM

Thanks for all your help for now i am going to bed and will mess with it while at work tomorrow will let you know how it goes should i remove all the approved lines or just the first one ?

gitit20
07/29/2010, 12:25 PM
Hey guys i need to know what part of this config file i need to remove or edit to let it flash the sprint rom here is the config file

RecoveryToolBuildNumber=230
RecoveryToolBuildTime=03/25/10 17:42
RomBuildNumber=225
BaseBuild=webOS.tar
CustomizationBuild=sprint.tar
ForceModemUpdate=true
AppSubmssion=60
LibCoreSubmssion=67.1
WcpSubmssion=18
DeviceType=pixie
ApprovalCharlieHash=H4sIAJ+gq0sAA+3RTQ7CIBCGYY7CCSpUSm9hTDyAITppWIiG4s/xRV3qUrp6n80kk2/xTaZbHULOUfJ+s9t25VHU/5nKO/eadhxMnf3a9ea9//DK2n50dnDO1JwdvDdKmwZdvlznErLWKsstyv0Y5HROv3KSpphEckzTErWWMl/qRS2eDgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABo6gmDHsDKACgAAA==
ApprovalMikeHash=H4sIAJ+gq0sAA+3OvQrCMBiF4VxKrqAmaWKvwFUKDh2l0I9SsCnE+HP5Vt3ExaF1eZ/lwOEMp9iMUyen4/5QF/me1RLMbOv9M20VzJyu9M68+rdKWesqb4P3Zt7ZUJZOabPImw+Xc26T1irJdZBb18o4xW87if0QRdIQ+zVuraW2zuya5t83AAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAA/egD8lGO/ACgAAA==

gitit20
07/29/2010, 02:07 PM
No, you'd have to revert the changes (or the token overwrites). You can do so by changing the 4 lines that I added in the pixie.xml file (located under resources/webOS) from this.

For Sprint:

to this.

For Verizon:

Ok i see what went wrong and why no doctor will work you changed the value to p200eww the verizon pixi plus is p121eww and the sprint pixi is p120eww how do i get this back to saying p120eww or p121eww since i can not get any doctor to work and i tried to delete the first line in the config file and it did not work

kalex
07/29/2010, 05:36 PM
Sprint pixi has a value of p200eww file name on palm site is:
webosdoctorp200ewwsprint.jar

gitit20
07/29/2010, 06:27 PM
Sprint pixi has a value of p200eww file name on palm site is:
webosdoctorp200ewwsprint.jar

Ok i will try that but the model number is now p120eww and p121eww for the sprint and verizon pixi been that way for 6 months now... they for some reason changed it no idea why. i still cant find that doctor file on palm

kalex
07/29/2010, 06:55 PM
according to: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals (http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Webos_Doctor_Versions#Pixi)

Sprint Pixi 1.4.1.1 is p200eww
it was p120ewww only for 1.3.5.1

kalex
07/29/2010, 07:01 PM
Also if you look in Makefile in the meta-doctor stuff it also lists it as P200ew
CODENAME = pixie
ifeq (${CARRIER},sprint)
MODEL = p200eww
VERSION=1.4.1.1
ifeq (${VERSION},1.3.5.1)
MODEL = p120eww

and here is for Pixi +
ifeq (${CARRIER},verizonwireless)
MODEL = p121eww
VERSION=1.4.1.1

kalex
07/29/2010, 07:03 PM
Here is my question now.

I got the ubuntu VM built, Cross platform metadoctor loaded, downloaded webosdoctor file for Sprint Pixi. Copied /tmp/tokens directory from my Pixi. Now I'm trying to figure out how to inject these into the new webosdoctor file that I can use to flash my Sprint Pixi with Verizon Pixi + radio board. Any suggestions?

thanks

Alex

gitit20
07/30/2010, 03:35 AM

For Sprint:

to this.

For Verizon:

Ok i need help :cry: no matter what i do i can not get any doctor to doctor this pixi after i downloaded this doctor file from onlinespending...

i am not mad at ya ;) this is a risk i took but the deal is before the flashing with the rom you provided. my pixi said it was a P121EWW (this is with the pixi radio board) in the device info section it showed up as a P121EWW

after flashing it with your ROM that changed these values

Code:

Now in the device info section its showing as a P200EWW so it changed the model number to a P200EWW.

Is the P200EWW just the doctor file name or what were does this come in to play? because on the pixi plus i pulled the board from it shows as a model P121EWW and on my pixi from sprint it was a model P120EWW

Correct me if i am wrong but the model number should have not been changed to the P200EWW and that's why i think i am getting the error of this device is not compatible with this version of webos doctor

because the model number has been changed to P200EWW the webos doctor throws this error am i right or wrong?

With this also showing up as model P200EWW it will not let me sign in or create a profile

Just wanted to add i have called Palm and even searched there site they told me they have never made a device with a model number of P200EWW just a webos Jar file with the name so i guess this is whats wrong with my pixi now...

gitit20
07/30/2010, 03:40 AM
Also if you look in Makefile in the meta-doctor stuff it also lists it as P200ew
CODENAME = pixie
ifeq (${CARRIER},sprint)
MODEL = p200eww
VERSION=1.4.1.1
ifeq (${VERSION},1.3.5.1)
MODEL = p120eww

and here is for Pixi +
ifeq (${CARRIER},verizonwireless)
MODEL = p121eww
VERSION=1.4.1.1

Check out this post just above this one and let me know what you think i dont think it should have been changed to the P200EWW model number with in the device

jack87
07/30/2010, 04:05 AM
Check out this post just above this one and let me know what you think i dont think it should have been changed to the P200EWW model number with in the device

any luck at all with the doctor i sent you in PM?

gitit20
07/30/2010, 04:13 AM
any luck at all with the doctor i sent you in PM?

o I forgot about that haha I will try it tomorrow :) thanks :) its been a busy day and spaced out that you sent me that link...

kalex
07/30/2010, 08:57 AM
I just checked my hardware and model shows P120EWW. Weird
but webosdoctor file lists it as p200eww

onlinespending
07/30/2010, 01:59 PM

Hey gitit20. Maybe you're right. I'll create a webOS doctor for you that removes carrier checking and will update the model number to P120EWW. I'll send it to you in a PM shortly. Again, sorry for the aggravation. I can't help but feel responsible :(

Gitit20, check your PM!

kalex
07/30/2010, 10:11 PM
so i started digging and here is what i found so far. I pulled /tmp/tokens folder from my Sprint Pixi and here are the values I have:

DMCARRIER - Sprint
DMMODEL - P120EWW
PN - 180-10710-08
PRODoID - P120EWW

This is pulled from untouched Sprint Pixi running at webOS 1.4.1.1
so the values in pixie.xml should be:

<Val name="DMMODEL" action="overwrite" value="P120EWW"/>
<Val name="PN" action="overwrite" value="180-10710-08"/>
<Val name="PRODoID" action="overwrite" value="P120EWW"/>

gitit20
07/31/2010, 12:14 AM
Hey guys just wanted to let you know that both Onlinespending and Jack87 both have working methods to getting the sprint rom on your phone.

Credit for these working rom's go to Jack87 and onlinespending thank you guys very much.

I am putting a small guide for the board swap and what to do with the doctor files after the swap.

We now have a sprint plam pixi with a sprint rom with wifi...

mofishmgr
07/31/2010, 12:19 AM
great job everyone, now off the scrounge cell repair shops!

gitit20
07/31/2010, 04:04 AM
Every thing is done and set up proper with the Sprint ROM Oh and yes it has WiFi now.

Here is a guide to getting to getting WiFi on your sprint Pixi just a quick list of what you need to do

2. Get your hands on a Pixi Plus radio board from Verizon (If you can try to do a full hard rest on the Pixi plus before the swap) I did not do this and there were photos of male genitalia on mine. What has been seen can't be unseen.

3. Do the swap as shown in the the video @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpFYoT2lYU0

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OER5AP6S

This Rom will change your tokens to Sprint and Set the model number to P120EWW so that you can doctor it with the standard Sprint ROM Credit for this ROM goes to onlinespending

Jack87 has also made a great custom ROM and will also post that as soon as i get his permission to do so.

5. Enjoy your pimped out Sprint Pixi Plus hybrid

jack87
07/31/2010, 04:35 AM
Hey gitit20. Maybe you're right. I'll create a webOS doctor for you that removes carrier checking and will update the model number to P120EWW. I'll send it to you in a PM shortly. Again, sorry for the aggravation. I can't help but feel responsible :(

Gitit20, check your PM!

Intresting... the WebOS Dr I sent was set to P200eww.... and he reported it as working as well :-) but the one I sent removed both carrier checking and model check.. technically it would probably even install on a pre.

Here is a guide to getting to getting WiFi on your sprint Pixi just a quick list of what you need to do

3. Do the swap as shown in the the video @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpFYoT2lYU0

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OER5AP6S

Jack87 has also made a great custom ROM and will also post that as soon as i get his permission to do so.

5. Enjoy your pimped out Sprint Pixi Plus hybrid

I like to mention that those Roms (WebOS Doctors) were made using Meta-Doctor.. Thanks WebOS Internals.

gitit20
07/31/2010, 05:28 AM
o I did not see that but your rom did not change the model number and after your doctor ran it let me sign in to my profile just fine also showed as the P120EWW in device info what did you do different in your rom different from online spending? Config file and token overwrights? His first one changed the model number but yours did not?

gitit20
07/31/2010, 05:40 AM
I will run your doctor again jack and see what all it changes I have another pixi plus board (wone one on ebay) and will see if it does change the model number I sware I checked it and after running it it let me go back to the normal sprint rom any chance that for some reason it did not change the m#? Since I have a way to revert back no no risk in trying it :) will keep you posted.

kalex
07/31/2010, 09:57 AM
So gitit20 - which webosdoctor did you flash to your verizon pixi plus board? was it the one from onlinespending?

kalex
07/31/2010, 10:01 AM
Jack87 - what is in your custom rom?

onlinespending
07/31/2010, 10:11 AM
So gitit20 - which webosdoctor did you flash to your verizon pixi plus board? was it the one from onlinespending?

Mine both removes carrier/device checking and overwrites the relevant tokens to the Sprint values. This way you could then flash any regular Sprint webOS doctor or upgrade a Sprint OTA. Make sure to use the link posted by gitit20, as that's the latest one I sent him.

Again, sorry about the first link. I was going based on memory from what I had done a few months ago on my own Pixi+ hybrid, and it seems I goofed up the PN originally.

kalex
07/31/2010, 10:30 AM
thanks onlinespending. reading Makefile instructions it mentions that its not a good idea to skip carrier activation. let me ask you this. if I run yours first to get verizon pixi + to be "sprint" pixi, If I then run original Sprint Pixi webosdoctor will it restore back carrier activation?

onlinespending
07/31/2010, 10:47 AM
thanks onlinespending. reading Makefile instructions it mentions that its not a good idea to skip carrier activation. let me ask you this. if I run yours first to get verizon pixi + to be "sprint" pixi, If I then run original Sprint Pixi webosdoctor will it restore back carrier activation?

It only means that it avoids checking your carrier (and device) during the update process. This is just to prevent you from flashing a ROM on a device or for a carrier you did not intend to. Once it's flashed it has no impact on the phone or webOS. You are safe to use this on a Sprint Pixi with Verizon radio module.

kalex
07/31/2010, 10:58 AM
awesome. thats all i wanted to know. thank you much

kalex
07/31/2010, 11:43 AM
Onlinespending, for my own research. these tokens are part of the pixie.xml file and there is nothing i have to copy to the image from my original sprint pixi?

so just to make sure I got this right.
unpack original jar file
patch it with make patch
edit pixie.xml file and add tokens section
make pack
flash onto the phone

did i get the steps right?

kalex
07/31/2010, 03:04 PM
Update- Finally swap is done and 100% working

Onlinetrading - your second restore jar did the trick.

so here are the steps that I took:

1) erase all data on current Sprint Pixi
2) disassebly of both
3) swap the radio, Power it on. Click next to activate the phone
4) Shutdown Hybrid Pixi with USB Cable connected to it and the computer
5) double click on the onlinetrading's Jar file that gitit20 uploaded , English, Accept, Next
6) Hold Volume UP and power up Pixi to get to the USB Mode
7) Next on the webosdoctor should be enabled now. Restore, reboot, get to the profile sign in screen.
8) Power off again, download original sprint 1.4.1.1 webosdoctor file. Do a restore again
9) sign in to my Palm profile and let it restore settings and download apps
10) activate Wifi and test your Sprint navigation, phone functions, web, EVDO. I also did a PRL update and Network settings update.

Now its 100% working Sprint Pixi with Wifi

thanks again everybody for helping

Alex

gitit20
07/31/2010, 03:10 PM
Update- Finally swap is done and 100% working

Onlinetrading - your second restore jar did the trick.

so here are the steps that I took:

1) erase all data on current Sprint Pixi
2) disassebly of both
3) swap the radio, Power it on. Click next to activate the phone
4) Shutdown Hybrid Pixi with USB Cable connected to it and the computer
5) double click on the onlinetrading's Jar file that gitit20 uploaded , English, Accept, Next
6) Hold Volume UP and power up Pixi to get to the USB Mode
7) Next on the webosdoctor should be enabled now. Restore, reboot, get to the profile sign in screen.
8) Power off again, download original sprint 1.4.1.1 webosdoctor file. Do a restore again
9) sign in to my Palm profile and let it restore settings and download apps
10) activate Wifi and test your Sprint navigation, phone functions, web, EVDO. I also did a PRL update and Network settings update.

Now its 100% working Sprint Pixi with Wifi

thanks again everybody for helping

Alex

Glad you were able to get it working nice having a pixi plus with wifi :) on sprint

gitit20
07/31/2010, 03:41 PM
Hey guys just wanted to let you know that I was able to get Mobil Hotspot working on my Sprint Plam Pixi Hybrid with WiFi all i had to do was install com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.14_all-already_patched.ipk and us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv6.ipk once i did this i rebooted and all works well

for more info see this post Please note the different versions of freetetherd! One is for the armv7 CPU (Pre) and the Armv6 (PiXi)

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/226490-how-install-mobile-hot-spot-sprint-pre.html

It also talks about a 3rd patch but it is no longer needed just the 2 files i told you about credit goes to those who made them files i am posting it here but will take them down if palm asks me too...

You will need to Unzip them before installing with WebOS Quick Install.

I do not think this will work on the Pixi Plus from Verizon it has a Mobil Hotspot app that needs to be removed before hand.

jack87
07/31/2010, 04:00 PM
Jack87 - what is in your custom rom?

It is just stock webos dr removing carrier and device check while enabling first use app

kalex
07/31/2010, 05:34 PM
ah cool. thanks

kalex
07/31/2010, 05:35 PM
Hey guys just wanted to let you know that I was able to get Mobil Hotspot working on my Sprint Plam Pixi Hybrid with WiFi all i had to do was install com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.14_all-already_patched.ipk and us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv6.ipk once i did this i rebooted and all works well

for more info see this post Please note the different versions of freetetherd! One is for the armv7 CPU (Pre) and the Armv6 (PiXi)

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/226490-how-install-mobile-hot-spot-sprint-pre.html

It also talks about a 3rd patch but it is no longer needed just the 2 files i told you about credit goes to those who made them files i am posting it here but will take them down if palm asks me too...

You will need to Unzip them before installing with WebOS Quick Install.

I do not think this will work on the Pixi Plus from Verizon it has a Mobil Hotspot app that needs to be removed before hand.

Sweet. This is not needed on verizon Pixi +. It comes with it and its free so no need to hack it

gitit20
07/31/2010, 08:33 PM

I tried both jack87's and Onlinespending's But jack is changing his rom to change the model number to P120EWW his will also have the activation bypass so for now use online spending's ROM and i will post jacks as soon as he gets it done and gives me a link :)

Make sure you thank both jack and onlinespending for there work :)

gitit20
08/01/2010, 03:27 AM
@gitit20; You deserve way more Thanks for this!
:thumbsup:

Thanks bud :)

gitit20
08/01/2010, 03:28 AM
So just wondering how many of you have done this as well?

mofishmgr
08/01/2010, 07:47 AM
i'll be doing so this week if I can find a pixi plus radio board.

gitit20
08/01/2010, 02:28 PM
i'll be doing so this week if I can find a pixi plus radio board.

Check all the cell phone repair shops that's were i got mine from also bad esn pixi pluses for Verizon on eBay as well

mofishmgr
08/01/2010, 03:00 PM
Will do. Thanks.

chad4359
08/01/2010, 05:25 PM
Check all the cell phone repair shops that's were i got mine from also bad esn pixi pluses for Verizon on eBay as well

what do you mean by cell phone repair shops? The only ones I know of would be the carrier stores that have service technicians in them and I seriously doubt verizon would sell me one.

mofishmgr
08/01/2010, 08:47 PM
In larger towns and cities there are places that repair cell phones that are not associated with a carrier or are a third party store.

chad4359
08/01/2010, 08:52 PM
In larger towns and cities there are places that repair cell phones that are not associated with a carrier or are a third party store.

Well I'm in Pittsburgh which, if i remember correctly, is one of the top 100 wireless markets and I can't seem to find one.

gitit20
08/01/2010, 11:17 PM
Well I'm in Pittsburgh which, if i remember correctly, is one of the top 100 wireless markets and I can't seem to find one.

I did a google search and found about 8 so far :P just do a google search for Cell phone repair your city and zip when buying the board just tell em yours is damaged and needs to be replaced i am not sure how many would sell you one cheep if they knew you can swap out the boards so easy and make a pixi plus

TinyTot2
08/09/2010, 09:35 PM
Has anybody else done this yet? If I don't get wi-fi on my Pixi soon I will have to either go to a Pre (which I really don't like the form factor) or bail on webOS all together. Sprint sent me a nasty gram because I am data-roaming too much.

My concern isn't with swapping the boards, it is with flashing the phone back so Sprint Navigation and the such will work correctly.

chad4359
08/09/2010, 11:17 PM
Has anybody else done this yet? If I don't get wi-fi on my Pixi soon I will have to either go to a Pre (which I really don't like the form factor) or bail on webOS all together. Sprint sent me a nasty gram because I am data-roaming too much.

My concern isn't with swapping the boards, it is with flashing the phone back so Sprint Navigation and the such will work correctly.

I will do this as soon as I can get my hands on a Pixi+ radio. Buying a wholes phone seems like a complete waste to me.

gitit20
08/10/2010, 01:17 AM

that's no longer a prob check the first post there is a link to down load a rom that will set you str8 once you get the swap done make sure your activated once you do that go in to recovery mode and doctor with onlinespendings rom its just the normal sprint rom and also will change it to were the normal sprint doctor can be used it installs all the sprint goodies and nav

kalex
08/10/2010, 09:41 AM
I did it as well and there are others who did this. Like gitit20 said - everything works 100% on sprint. You get wifi too :)
I ended up buying verizon pixi + as finding just radio board proved to bee hard in my case. I tried getting bad ESN Pixi+ but prices went crazy for them on ebay. So I actually picked up almost new Pixi+ on these forums.

gitit20
08/11/2010, 11:54 AM
That's cool that others have done this i wish they would post it here more My pixi just updated to 1.4.5 no probs and works still :) sprint OTA update working like a charm :)

Bella Vapor
08/12/2010, 01:17 AM
After a looooong await, I finally got my Pixi today. I have Sprint so I am wanting to do the Hybrid thing too. My Pixi just updated to 1.4.5 and I'm still learning. This is all very very new to me and my head is spinning in confusion lol but it's a lot of fun. I think it's awesome how you made the Sprint Pixi WIFIable, lol. I will do this in time, even though I want to do it right now. I wouldn't do it right now even if I had the radio board cause I'm still so new. I've been reading all the awesome info and hopefully one day I will do all the webOS stuff and what not, as for now, I'm just confused. Great job on the Hybrid gitit20 :)

gitit20
08/14/2010, 05:27 AM
After a looooong await, I finally got my Pixi today. I have Sprint so I am wanting to do the Hybrid thing too. My Pixi just updated to 1.4.5 and I'm still learning. This is all very very new to me and my head is spinning in confusion lol but it's a lot of fun. I think it's awesome how you made the Sprint Pixi WIFIable, lol. I will do this in time, even though I want to do it right now. I wouldn't do it right now even if I had the radio board cause I'm still so new. I've been reading all the awesome info and hopefully one day I will do all the webOS stuff and what not, as for now, I'm just confused. Great job on the Hybrid gitit20 :)

Thank you :) glad you like this i love my pixi now and i use it as a hot spot at work every day lol if you have any questions just ask :)

jpostel
08/14/2010, 05:10 PM

Board swap worked like a charm and I am currently running the Verizon ROM on Sprint network. I am going to try the Sprint ROM update to make sure everything is OK on 1.4.5

I got my broken pixi plus on ebay for $60, by the way. The prices got crazy after news of gitit20's work hit the web.

Thanks gitit20.

gitit20
08/14/2010, 05:51 PM
Board swap worked like a charm and I am currently running the Verizon ROM on Sprint network. I am going to try the Sprint ROM update to make sure everything is OK on 1.4.5

I got my broken pixi plus on ebay for $60, by the way. The prices got crazy after news of gitit20's work hit the web.

Thanks gitit20.

No prob just so you know after the swap you can leave the Verizon ROM in or you can use the link in the first post to down load the sprint ROM it will let you update to the sprint WebOS it will change the model number back to P120EWW that way it will update to the sprint rom when ever updates come out for it i am going to post a link here for ya MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OER5AP6S) this rom will Install Sprint 1.4.1.1 and change the model to P120EWW this is onlinespending's rom Jack also has one that will bypass activation and profile...

roesler1331
08/14/2010, 10:46 PM
I have installed the custom ROM on my pixi but how do I get the WiFi options in the menu?

gitit20
08/16/2010, 04:16 PM
I have installed the custom ROM on my pixi but how do I get the WiFi options in the menu?

Did you also do the radio board swap?

Joescan09
09/14/2010, 08:43 PM
Just got a Pixi Plus on ebay for $30 i'm pumped to get this switched over.

gitit20
09/15/2010, 11:46 AM
Just got a Pixi Plus on ebay for $30 i'm pumped to get this switched over.

Thats cool let us know how it goes...

epbur4128
10/08/2010, 08:37 PM
so all i need to do is swap the radio boar and that's it, i don't have to do anything else? please help before i do the swap

chad4359
10/08/2010, 08:53 PM
so all i need to do is swap the radio boar and that's it, i don't have to do anything else? please help before i do the swap

no. You have to swap the radio board and then dr the Pixi with one of the custom webos drs listed in the first post. Then dr with the regular Sprint dr. Once you do that you are goood to go. I never did this but I like to think I have a good understanding of what to do so I take no responsibility if you brick ur phone. Wait for gitit to reply if you are still uncomfortable.

xalky
10/08/2010, 11:15 PM
I'm gonna be doing this also. Looking for a board now. I'd like to here from some people who have flashed the rom and Dr'd to hear about any pitfalls. What happens to your apps and patches... Do they all have to be reloaded?? Can they be backed up somewhere for an easy restore?? Or Do they have to be all individually reloaded.

epbur4128
10/09/2010, 11:18 AM
after the swap what else i need to do?

chad4359
10/09/2010, 11:43 AM
I'm gonna be doing this also. Looking for a board now. I'd like to here from some people who have flashed the rom and Dr'd to hear about any pitfalls. What happens to your apps and patches... Do they all have to be reloaded?? Can they be backed up somewhere for an easy restore?? Or Do they have to be all individually reloaded.

Preware and Save/Restore. Should be similar to using the webOS dr in a normal setting.

Also, keep in mind all data is stored on the radio board so just doing the swap means you will have to reload all your apps and other data even if you don't want to use the custom ROMs.

Anyone really serious about doing this re-read the first post by Gitit20 focusing on Update 3. This spells it out completely in its entirety with plenty of references. If you do not understand and/or are uncomfortable with any steps, DO NOT DO IT.

Syndil
10/09/2010, 01:26 PM
Quit upbidding broken Verizon Pixis on eBay, dammit! lol

But seriously, why isn't this thread sticky?

chad4359
10/09/2010, 04:10 PM
this seriously needs to be stickied.

xalky
10/09/2010, 10:55 PM
Is there a reason why an AT&T pixi plus board won't work?? Has anyone tried it ?

Edit: i think i figured it out. Sprint and verizon use CDMA and AT&T uses GSM.

xalky
10/10/2010, 12:48 AM
Quit upbidding broken Verizon Pixis on eBay, dammit! lol

But seriously, why isn't this thread sticky? If thits get stikied just think how much higher the bids will go on ebay. Lets keep it our own little secret. Shhhhhhhh ;)

gitit20
10/14/2010, 06:28 PM
no. You have to swap the radio board and then dr the Pixi with one of the custom webos drs listed in the first post. Then dr with the regular Sprint dr. Once you do that you are goood to go. I never did this but I like to think I have a good understanding of what to do so I take no responsibility if you brick ur phone. Wait for gitit to reply if you are still uncomfortable.

Your right but you dont have to use the sprint rom just leave it verizon if you want but if you want sprint nav and other sprint blaaa than yes you need to doctor it with inlinespending's rom...

gitit20
10/14/2010, 06:28 PM

Do the swap then doctor it with the sprint rom i have posted in the OP all should work ok

gitit20
10/14/2010, 06:37 PM
I have found a few radio boards at repair shops some people just gave em to me :)

chad4359
10/14/2010, 07:39 PM
I have found a few radio boards at repair shops some people just gave em to me :)

care to share any

onemadrssn
10/14/2010, 07:47 PM
gitit20-- two questions:
- where do you find these repair shops? admittedly i did not look very hard, but searching for "cell phone repair" in boston did not yield many tangible results.
- how much would you charge to do this to my phone? :-)

gitit20
10/15/2010, 01:32 AM
gitit20-- two questions:
- where do you find these repair shops? admittedly i did not look very hard, but searching for "cell phone repair" in boston did not yield many tangible results.
- how much would you charge to do this to my phone? :-)

You just have to so a google search or call around I have one left right now i have been doing it for 50 bucks here in town Manhattan KS

budnfrida
10/16/2010, 01:57 AM
Well happy to say i took the plunge and all went successful. props to everyone that figured this out.

na.cuig.taidhs
10/16/2010, 12:17 PM
I wonder how long it will take to correct with WebOS 2, and if you will have to wait for a long adoption of the pixi-plus to get the update....

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums Beta (http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?appid=con.newnessdevelopments.forums.beta)

gitit20
10/17/2010, 04:50 AM
Well happy to say i took the plunge and all went successful. props to everyone that figured this out.

glad to here it bud hope you enjoy it the pixi just needs 2 more things to be perfect now :) oc kernal and a flashlight app that works :)

gitit20
10/17/2010, 04:52 AM
I wonder how long it will take to correct with WebOS 2, and if you will have to wait for a long adoption of the pixi-plus to get the update....

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using [url= Beta[/url]

I don't get what you mean by corected? But ota updates work ok I first did this when I was on 1.4.1.1 it ota to 1.4.5.1 just fine...

onemadrssn
10/19/2010, 09:43 AM
Question: After loading the custom ROM from the OP onto the pixi, does using a standard stock palm doctor work properly? If I were to download the stock 1.4.5 doctor form palm, would I still have the wifi app and such?

This question is really more regarding updating to Plam webOS 2.0 in the future. If I want to do a clean install of webOS2.0, would this modification get in my way.

I understand that OTA updates work fine, I am curious about doctoring the pixi.

budnfrida
10/19/2010, 06:15 PM
Question: After loading the custom ROM from the OP onto the pixi, does using a standard stock palm doctor work properly? If I were to download the stock 1.4.5 doctor form palm, would I still have the wifi app and such?

This question is really more regarding updating to Plam webOS 2.0 in the future. If I want to do a clean install of webOS2.0, would this modification get in my way.

After using the custom ROM i used the sprint 1.4.5 doctor on mine and have on problems. wifi works fine.

onemadrssn
10/19/2010, 08:12 PM
awesome. I'm glad. I am also super psyched to get this installed into my phone. I just won a pixi plus with broken lcd screen on ebay for $17 plus shipping.

xalky
10/19/2010, 11:38 PM
OK... I have the radio board installed. It works like a charm. Thats the easy part. for people that want a quick upgrade stop there. :D

I want this sucker to hum along like it was before the WIFI board upgrade which entails a whole lotta tweaking that I had perfected before the board swap.

I doctored the rom with OnlineSpendings ROM which seems to be the 1.41 version rather than 1.45. Is there anyway to get this rom updated to the new OS version so the next upgraders don't have to go thru the painfully slow 1.45 update??

I'm connecting to my home wireless network but I'm haveing some "IP CONFIGURATION FAILED" issues.
This seems to be a communication problem between the pixi and my 2WIRE router (AT&T u-verse)... Not related to this actual board swap, this is an IP issue which I need to sort out...many have complained about this issue on this forum and this may have to do with my router setup.
I was hoping the 1.45 update would fix the issue, but it didn't.

update: I now am logged on to the web I had to find the actual IP address assigned to my phone by my modem and then entered that into the phone manually and it connected... Thats great for now.... at least I know it works for sure. But I'm not sure thats the way I want this to work.I'd like this thing to be able to handshake automatically like my laptop would.

If anyone has any insight into this WIFI issue please enlighten me.

This radio board makes my pixi far snappier than its ever been I can't believe how fast I'm loading stuff from preware. It's faster right now than it was before, and I had Govnah tweaked pretty good with the pixi kernel and memory management.

Enough rambling for now.

gitit20
10/20/2010, 05:16 AM
OK... I have the radio board installed. It works like a charm. Thats the easy part. for people that want a quick upgrade stop there. :D

I want this sucker to hum along like it was before the WIFI board upgrade which entails a whole lotta tweaking that I had perfected before the board swap.

I doctored the rom with OnlineSpendings ROM which seems to be the 1.41 version rather than 1.45. Is there anyway to get this rom updated to the new OS version so the next upgraders don't have to go thru the painfully slow 1.45 update??

I'm connecting to my home wireless network but I'm haveing some "IP CONFIGURATION FAILED" issues.
This seems to be a communication problem between the pixi and my 2WIRE router (AT&T u-verse)... Not related to this actual board swap, this is an IP issue which I need to sort out...many have complained about this issue on this forum and this may have to do with my router setup.
I was hoping the 1.45 update would fix the issue, but it didn't.

update: I now am logged on to the web I had to find the actual IP address assigned to my phone by my modem and then entered that into the phone manually and it connected... Thats great for now.... at least I know it works for sure. But I'm not sure thats the way I want this to work.I'd like this thing to be able to handshake automatically like my laptop would.

If anyone has any insight into this WIFI issue please enlighten me.

This radio board makes my pixi far snappier than its ever been I can't believe how fast I'm loading stuff from preware. It's faster right now than it was before, and I had Govnah tweaked pretty good with the pixi kernel and memory management.

Enough rambling for now.

IP error is most likely because something else has the same IP at some point in time I have never had this prob but at the coffee shop turns out they use a 2 wire modem as well does the same thing with the pre I have as well... its nothing to do with the pixi or pixi plus radio board or the OS you loaded onto it. I may cook a newer rom for this project if i get the time... but it only takes 15 or so min to update to the new version or you can just doctor it again after loading the rom that changes it to all the sprint tokens

Part of the reason the pixi is faster after the swap is because the nand flash chip on the Plus radio board is a newer generation chip and has a faster read wright speed still the same 8gb though

gitit20
10/20/2010, 05:18 AM

Yes you can update to the new os updates as they come out you can doctor to a stock pixi rom for the sprint pixi and you will still have wifi :)

xalky
10/20/2010, 09:27 AM
@gitit20: You're right... This IP error has everything to do with my wireless router, nothing to do with the swap. This is a sweet deal.

The snappier performance was a pleasant surprise.

I bought 2 broken verizon pixi plus off ebay for about $30 total w/shipping for both. When I got them they both included batteries and chargers which wasn't included according to the listing. :) as it turns out they both worked fine except the ESNs were dead. Now I have 2 parts phones. :) I'm ecstatic.
Now I have to do my wifes phone.

gitit20
10/21/2010, 12:25 AM
@gitit20: You're right... This IP error has everything to do with my wireless router, nothing to do with the swap. This is a sweet deal.

The snappier performance was a pleasant surprise.

I bought 2 broken verizon pixi plus off ebay for about $30 total w/shipping for both. When I got them they both included batteries and chargers which wasn't included according to the listing. :) as it turns out they both worked fine except the ESNs were dead. Now I have 2 parts phones. :) I'm ecstatic.
Now I have to do my wifes phone.

Thats good I sold off all the screens and digas from the plus mods i got about 30 pre plus mobos sitting around lol back covers and what not its crazy lol

onemadrssn
10/28/2010, 07:10 PM
enjoying my fully-functional frankenpixi (that's what i am going to call it now). wifi works perfectly, loaded on the stock 1.4.5 webos after doing all the necessary steps and it worked fine.

wifi mod + latest overclockable uberkernel = i'm ready for webOS 2.0

i am writing this comment on my laptop wifi connected to my sprint pixi via mobile hotspot :-) verrrry happpyy

djrms357
11/04/2010, 01:14 PM
I just got my new radio board and I got wifi working great and even gps is sprint so everything is great but where can i find mobile hotspot for my pixi? So if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. Thank you again for the awsome video and easy video on installing the radio board :)

onemadrssn
11/04/2010, 02:30 PM
djrms357-- check several pages back in this thread.

djrms357
11/04/2010, 05:42 PM
This is so great thank you soooooooooooooo much everyone that made my pixi a cool new phone now. I was so upset that I had it but now wifi, and hot spot I can wait till 2012 ( next upgrade) for the 4g phone :) Thank god I know someone who works at verizon tech department for the free radio board.

chad4359
11/05/2010, 11:12 PM
Finally did this and it works like a charm. Replaced the digi on another Pixi with the same donor phone. I think I can completely take one apart blindfolded now.

Cowens91
11/15/2010, 02:42 AM
Has anyone found an easy way to get their hands on a Radio Board from a pixi plus? Besides buying an entire phone?

-thanks

kalex
11/18/2010, 09:08 AM
lol. Buy pixi plus is your easiest way of getting it

ry5838
11/20/2010, 10:28 AM
Thank You so so much gitit20 for this discovery im kinda late here but i just did this yesterday and got it working 100%. Also great thanks to onlinestandings for his ROM without him i would'nt have even done this.

gitit20
11/21/2010, 01:24 AM
Thank You so so much gitit20 for this discovery im kinda late here but i just did this yesterday and got it working 100%. Also great thanks to onlinestandings for his ROM without him i would'nt have even done this.

Your welcome :) glad i was able to help you out... My next job will be getting a Verizon pre 2 on sprint :) cant wait (Evil Sounding Laugh)

gitit20
11/21/2010, 01:26 AM
This is so great thank you soooooooooooooo much everyone that made my pixi a cool new phone now. I was so upset that I had it but now wifi, and hot spot I can wait till 2012 ( next upgrade) for the 4g phone :) Thank god I know someone who works at verizon tech department for the free radio board.

Thanks for the kind words bud glad i was able to help.... Enjoy your new Hybrid...

serial
11/21/2010, 07:16 AM
I woulda given you my wifi radio from my pre, it never works anyway lol but I suspect thats mostly an iptables error

Lonestarsharker
12/11/2010, 12:24 PM
Just swapped in a verizon board into my sprint pixi, following the most recently updated instruction set. Worked without a problem.

Anyone looking for cheap verizon pixi phones, should look on eBay. I bought mine from a seller named blue dot for 35$. Only bad thing is that the phone was described as broken, but didn't specify what was broken, luckily mine was a broken screen, and not internal components.

Thanks gitit20 and all involved for the write up and video.

xylos555
12/16/2010, 07:45 AM
I am somewhat confused. If I Dr the Sprint Pixi after installing the wifi board from the Verizon with the Sprint 1.4.5 Dr it will not work unless I have installed the modified 1.4.1.1 first? Does it verify the carrier based on the radio board when you first doctor it?

yisroel1
12/16/2010, 01:23 PM
Gitit20 Thanks!!! works great. 1 thing though; Whenever I connect something to my pixi's network, I get the following message:

Auth Error
Your service account does not allow internet connection sharing. Contact sprint for help.

The connection works anyway, but is there a way to avoid that? Do you have that problem as well.....

Here is a screen capture:
tinypic.com/r/xl0bvc/7

TZeruk
12/22/2010, 11:31 AM
This is really really cool.

I just ordered a Pixi after my Epic 4G broke ... hated that thing anyway. My wife has a Pre Plus on Verizon and I've always loved webOS.

When my phone comes in, I'm definitely going to do this. One question though, if I order a verizon pixi plus that's advertised as having a bad ESN on ebay (they're by far the cheapest) ... will that still work?

Thanks! Can't wait to join the webOS community!

vaoiwo
12/22/2010, 02:44 PM
Yes it will, because the wi-fi card is on the radio boaard which is separate from the main board. Good luck.

Vic

Rockbeast
12/22/2010, 03:47 PM
Sorry to refer so far back in this thread, but I was reading the beginnings of this amazing journey in Pixi-land, and When I read this, I had to laugh! But also shudder...you obviously have been scarred now...we are sorry for the effects...or affects...that seeing the pre-user's (see how I made a pun there...since we are talking about a Pixi...nevermind, dumb pun) photos may have caused.

It reminds me of a time a co-worker and I were riding a subway in NYC, stopped at Penn Station and he had to visit the restroom...and he had to 'sit down' on his visit. When he came out of the bathroom, he said he looked for the stall that appeared least likely to cause him a health crisis...and he still had to 'levitate' above the receptacle. He said he saw things...and that he will never be the same. In retrospect, he would have 'waited' for a more 'amenable' facility.

craftsman
12/26/2010, 08:55 PM
Thinking about doing this to my daughters Sprint Pixi. Has anyone tested OpenSSH SFTP & Filezilla with it. Does it work? I use it so much to copy jpg's, movies from the Pre's that I have I would sure like to be able to do this with her Pixi.

craftsman
01/02/2011, 09:09 PM
Well been reading through these posts for adding WIFI to my daughter's Pixi. Got the a broken Verizon on the way here. I want to make sure I have everything straight.

I have downloaded the modified Doctor (MEGAUPLOAD) file and will Dr the Pixi to this. I believe it is 1.4.1.1 and then OTA update it to 1.4.5.

Will the Pixi then have all the correct files for WIFI and Sprint NAV after this process is complete or will the Sprint Pixi Doctor remove the WIFI?

TZeruk
01/07/2011, 11:12 AM
Wow ... I just did this and it is beyond easy.

Thanks so much!!

craftsman
01/07/2011, 10:56 PM
gitit20, Thanks so much for the video and the MEGAUPLOAD file. Also to kalex for his additional step by step http://forums.precentral.net/2584018-post129.html #129

Completed this on Monday and been testing for the last several days.

Everything is working great.

Also for some reason the Pixi works faster the then my Sprint Pre Plus with the NEW freeTether

chad4359
01/13/2011, 05:36 PM
This really should be sticky and I really can't see how its not after all this time.

rkguy
01/14/2011, 11:26 PM
craftsman: let me get this straight. You just followed the youtube video and the instructinos from post 129? why is the megaupload file needed?

EDIT: can someone also show me a post that details how to backup my sprint tokens before doing this just in case? Thanks

craftsman
01/14/2011, 11:48 PM
craftsman: let me get this straight. You just followed the youtube video and the instructinos from post 129? why is the megaupload file needed?

If I understand the directions correctly the Megaupload file has the Verizon's tokens changed so you can DR the phone to think it is a Sprint Pixi. The ROM is on the com board so this is necessary if you want to be able to properly Doctor it later with a Sprint Pixi Doctor. This should allow normal OTA updates later as well.

If you just switch the boards the phone will run as in the video but the software thinks its still a Verizon version and you wont have Sprint Navigation, Sprint Football or Sprint TV available. Two of which I use (Nav and TV).

I Doctored the phone twice following the instructions in #129 . 1st Megaupload then the normal Sprint Pixi 1.4.5 doctor (1.4.1.1 was in 129 #8) but I used 1.4.5 and it worked fine.

I believe the Megaupload is version 1.4.1.1 and not 1.4.5 so Doctoring the second time got me to the most recent OS version.

I hope this answers your questions.

appsotutely
01/15/2011, 12:05 AM
can someone also show me a post that details how to backup my sprint tokens before doing this just in case? Thanks

Installing and using "Show Properties" is the easiest method.

rkguy
01/15/2011, 12:38 PM
Installing and using "Show Properties" is the easiest method.
hey thanks. done. i think i am going to read through this thread a little more because if i have the wireless tokens, can't i swap boards, then change the tokens then it will let me update to 1.4.5 sprint?\\seems faster

appsotutely
01/15/2011, 01:06 PM
hey thanks. done. i think i am going to read through this thread a little more because if i have the wireless tokens, can't i swap boards, then change the tokens then it will let me update to 1.4.5 sprint?\\seems faster

The usual method of changing the tokens is to use MetaDoctor to build a custom webos-doctor for your device. I did that instead of using the Megaupload file.

I've always wondered what happens if you just used Internalz or Novaterm to copy and overwrite the tokens manually and then rebooted ...

craftsman
01/15/2011, 07:53 PM

I am curious as just what was changed in the Megaupload file. I believe it was only 1.4.1.1 with the tokens (pixi.xml 4 lines) changed just to make it think it is a P120EWW so further Doctors 1.4.5 can take place. Remember most of the phone data is on the main board not the com board on the Pixi. This is different then the Pre. I did not need to add any tokens.

Also unless onlinespending or jack87 somehow added wifi parts to the doctor for their megauploads I believed it is just a part of the check the OS does regardless of what carrier version you are running. I did not need to add back any files (Sprint Nav, TV or WIFI) they are just a part of the Sprint 1.4.5 doctor. 1.4.5 must just have a check is there a WIFI chip y/n. If yes the add it to the device menu. That simple.

I did not have to worry about any tokens being copied over using the megaupload.

I think reading through the threads and the steps taken with the trial and error can confuse you more then just following what I did and posted yesterday.

Even so I would also like to know just what you would need to do with meta-doctor with a 1.4.5 Sprint rom so you could eliminate the 2 doctor process.

appsotutely
01/16/2011, 01:33 AM
I am curious as just what was changed in the Megaupload file. I believe it was only 1.4.1.1 with the tokens (pixi.xml 4 lines) changed just to make it think it is a P120EWW so further Doctors 1.4.5 can take place. Remember most of the phone data is on the main board not the com board on the Pixi. This is different then the Pre. I did not need to add any tokens.

Also unless onlinespending or jack87 somehow added wifi parts to the doctor for their megauploads I believed it is just a part of the check the OS does regardless of what carrier version you are running. I did not need to add back any files (Sprint Nav, TV or WIFI) they are just a part of the Sprint 1.4.5 doctor. 1.4.5 must just have a check is there a WIFI chip y/n. If yes the add it to the device menu. That simple.

I did not have to worry about any tokens being copied over using the megaupload.

I think reading through the threads and the steps taken with the trial and error can confuse you more then just following what I did and posted yesterday.

Even so I would also like to know just what you would need to do with meta-doctor with a 1.4.5 Sprint rom so you could eliminate the 2 doctor process.

I basically did the meta-doctor process for the Pre conversion, except that I only used the 4 tokens indicated in this thread (DMCARRIER, DMMODEL, PN, PRODoID). These 4 tokens are universal for all Sprint Pixi's, so in the case of a Pixi, it isn't strictly necessary to grab a backup copy of all the original tokens (as it is with the Pre's). Still I'd rather have the original information than not have it, which is why I have a backup copy of all those original tokens from both originating phones.

Using MetaDoctor won't save from needing to run two Doctors though. The first time you have to turn off the model check to get it to run and do the overwrite of the model information. The second time the stock doctor can be used (or you can use a modified doctor, so you can do things like auto-install Preware), to get the phone into Sprint-specific, stock-like shape.

craftsman
01/16/2011, 06:57 PM
Using MetaDoctor won't save from needing to run two Doctors though. The first time you have to turn off the model check to get it to run and do the overwrite of the model information. The second time the stock doctor can be used (or you can use a modified doctor, so you can do things like auto-install Preware), to get the phone into Sprint-specific, stock-like shape.

Yep, forgot after the bypass you still need to Doctor again.

Did you meta-doctor a 1.4.5 or 1.4.1.1 Doctor?

appsotutely
01/16/2011, 08:21 PM
Yep, forgot after the bypass you still need to Doctor again.

Did you meta-doctor a 1.4.5 or 1.4.1.1 Doctor?

It'll work with either, but I did my work with the 1.4.5 doctor.

Lkr
01/24/2011, 09:33 PM
is there a cheaper way of getting the radio than buying a pixi plus?

onemadrssn
01/24/2011, 09:43 PM
After looking on ebay for only about a week, I bought a Verizon Pixi Plus with a broken screen for only $30. How much cheaper could you go? A little bit of patience and you will find a simular deal on ebay I am sure.

Search for "broken pixi plus" or "bad esn pixi plus".

craftsman
01/24/2011, 09:54 PM
Ebay is the place to go. Got a Verizon Pixi broken screen and bad ESN for 18.49 + shipping from AlltechWholesale.

Lkr
01/24/2011, 10:31 PM
After looking on ebay for only about a week, I bought a Verizon Pixi Plus with a broken screen for only $30. How much cheaper could you go? A little bit of patience and you will find a simular deal on ebay I am sure.

Search for "broken pixi plus" or "bad esn pixi plus".

i never even thought about doing this haha
i found one that is a 'for parts' sale for under $5, i'll bid on it closer to close. hopefully the radio board works

gitit20
01/28/2011, 05:50 PM
Sorry to refer so far back in this thread, but I was reading the beginnings of this amazing journey in Pixi-land, and When I read this, I had to laugh! But also shudder...you obviously have been scarred now...we are sorry for the effects...or affects...that seeing the pre-user's (see how I made a pun there...since we are talking about a Pixi...nevermind, dumb pun) photos may have caused.

It reminds me of a time a co-worker and I were riding a subway in NYC, stopped at Penn Station and he had to visit the restroom...and he had to 'sit down' on his visit. When he came out of the bathroom, he said he looked for the stall that appeared least likely to cause him a health crisis...and he still had to 'levitate' above the receptacle. He said he saw things...and that he will never be the same. In retrospect, he would have 'waited' for a more 'amenable' facility.

LOL its all good I i still use my pixi every day at work for a hotspot :) and yes there were BAD photos on that board was rather frighting... I am scared for life... :P

gitit20
01/28/2011, 05:52 PM
Well been reading through these posts for adding WIFI to my daughter's Pixi. Got the a broken Verizon on the way here. I want to make sure I have everything straight.

I have downloaded the modified Doctor (MEGAUPLOAD) file and will Dr the Pixi to this. I believe it is 1.4.1.1 and then OTA update it to 1.4.5.

Will the Pixi then have all the correct files for WIFI and Sprint NAV after this process is complete or will the Sprint Pixi Doctor remove the WIFI?

yes your right its pretty much that easy and sprint nav works its just like it was before just with wifi :)

gitit20
01/28/2011, 05:53 PM
Wow ... I just did this and it is beyond easy.

Thanks so much!!

your welcome bud glad i could help...

mofishmgr
01/30/2011, 10:54 PM
finally found a good deal on a bad ESN Pixi Plus and will be doing the mod tomorrow. $15 on Ebay. Got the two Drs on my computer ready to go. All my files are backed up too. Now I need to get my app and patch lists prepped. Then I'm ready to doctor away. That's providing I have the right torx bit. Anyone know the right size off hand?

craftsman
01/30/2011, 11:17 PM
finally found a good deal on a bad ESN Pixi Plus and will be doing the mod tomorrow. $15 on Ebay. Got the two Drs on my computer ready to go. All my files are backed up too. Now I need to get my app and patch lists prepped. Then I'm ready to doctor away. That's providing I have the right torx bit. Anyone know the right size off hand?

#5 will work just fine. Good Luck.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums (http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.newnessdevelopments.forums)

mofishmgr
01/31/2011, 09:18 AM
thanks! Unfortunately I think the smallest I have is a #6. Off to the Shack.

appsotutely
01/31/2011, 10:17 AM
I've done the work before with a flathead screwdriver from one of those eyeglass repair kits.

mofishmgr
01/31/2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks. I might give that a try.

mofishmgr
02/01/2011, 03:33 PM
Well a small phillips screwdriver did the trick. Installation was a breeze. Now on to the double doctoring and restoring everything.

mofishmgr
02/01/2011, 10:47 PM
finished up and everything works great. It's amazing how much better battery life is when you have a good wifi signal! Thanks to everyone who figured this mod out. Feels like a new device.!

rkguy
02/06/2011, 12:05 AM
Digging up this thread because after the surgery, I have a verizon pixi (-) and want to put the VZ branded webOS on there. Is there a modified version of 1.4.1.1 or 1.4.5 available like the one we used for sprint (i.e. the process in reverse) or do I have to try and build it myself :O

preandpixifan
02/11/2011, 09:49 PM
sooo close...the screw holding the sprint radio board in place just wont budge and it is very close to being stripped so I threw in the towel.

bummed...

brownrooster
02/16/2011, 01:18 PM
My phone is flashed to another network will this swap affect the new network i have?

craftsman
02/22/2011, 11:07 PM
OK, getting ready for round 2. Plussed my daughters phone 2 months ago and it has been working great. Looking to do another and have a working Sprint Pixi and bad Verizon in the mail to me.

When I converted the first phone it was already on an active Sprint account. Now this new phone is not on account. Am I still able to follow the same steps as outlined here in the first post or in #129 or will the steps fail as the account is not active.

I want to be able to get the phone swap completed first instead of activating a new Sprint account and then taking the phone apart.

appsotutely
02/23/2011, 02:42 AM
OK, getting ready for round 2. Plussed my daughters phone 2 months ago and it has been working great. Looking to do another and have a working Sprint Pixi and bad Verizon in the mail to me.

When I converted the first phone it was already on an active Sprint account. Now this new phone is not on account. Am I still able to follow the same steps as outlined here in the first post or in #129 or will the steps fail as the account is not active.

I want to be able to get the phone swap completed first instead of activating a new Sprint account and then taking the phone apart.

This is fine. I did a couple this way.

gitit20
03/10/2011, 02:29 AM
Ya that will work just fine...

gitit20
03/10/2011, 02:31 AM
It only does that when bluetooth is on

Gitit20 Thanks!!! works great. 1 thing though; Whenever I connect something to my pixi's network, I get the following message:

Auth Error
Your service account does not allow internet connection sharing. Contact sprint for help.

The connection works anyway, but is there a way to avoid that? Do you have that problem as well.....

Here is a screen capture:
tinypic.com/r/xl0bvc/7

gitit20
03/10/2011, 02:32 AM
yes it does just used the radio board then you can sell the screen and other parts on ebay haha

This is really really cool.

I just ordered a Pixi after my Epic 4G broke ... hated that thing anyway. My wife has a Pre Plus on Verizon and I've always loved webOS.

When my phone comes in, I'm definitely going to do this. One question though, if I order a verizon pixi plus that's advertised as having a bad ESN on ebay (they're by far the cheapest) ... will that still work?

Thanks! Can't wait to join the webOS community!

gitit20
03/10/2011, 02:35 AM
No the spring update will not remove wifi :/) all you have to is the radio board swap doctor it then update it :) your good to go

gitit20
03/10/2011, 02:39 AM
It'll work with either, but I did my work with the 1.4.5 doctor.

If you send me a link to the new 1.4.5 doctor i can post that in the OP save people from having to update after the job is done...

GenTarkin
03/24/2011, 06:57 PM
Does this method swap CPU's too? is it on the radio board? Or is it on another part of the phone?

seandavidson
03/27/2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks for this, I was able to swap out the boards and now have wifi for my wife's Pixi. I am running the MegaUpload file to change the tokens but it does not seem to connect, the next button is greyed out. I know the device is connected to my computer as I can pull it up as a USB Device and move stuff over. Any thoughts?

Sean

appsotutely
03/27/2011, 11:24 PM
Thanks for this, I was able to swap out the boards and now have wifi for my wife's Pixi. I am running the MegaUpload file to change the tokens but it does not seem to connect, the next button is greyed out. I know the device is connected to my computer as I can pull it up as a USB Device and move stuff over. Any thoughts?

Sean

It needs to be connected in Recovery Mode (http://developer.palm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2051&Itemid=410). If you can pull it up as a USB Device, it's not in the right mode yet.

seandavidson
03/28/2011, 04:14 PM
@appsotutely I can't believe I forgot that, thanks for your help. :o I will try that out when my wife gets back home tonight.

Sean

seandavidson
03/28/2011, 09:18 PM
It needs to be connected in Recovery Mode. If you can pull it up as a USB Device, it's not in the right mode yet.

Great got it working and my wife has her Sprint Pixi Plus with Sprint Nav that is the most important app is her Nav.

Sean

grndslm
03/29/2011, 10:51 PM
OK... So did I read that ONLY the 1.4.5 Doctor was needed after a comm board swap in the Pixi?? ... Or was that just wishful thinking?

Also... Can't I just use terminal to edit the tokens that have been displayed on page 4 or wherever?? Would the phone explode or what?

appsotutely
03/30/2011, 12:45 AM
OK... So did I read that ONLY the 1.4.5 Doctor was needed after a comm board swap in the Pixi?? ... Or was that just wishful thinking?

Also... Can't I just use terminal to edit the tokens that have been displayed on page 4 or wherever?? Would the phone explode or what?

You need to change tokens with a carrier-ignoring meta-doctor'd doctor, then run the standard Sprint doctor to restore back to full Sprint functionality (with the addition of WiFi). Basically, you'll always need to run two doctors after a board swap.

I've always wondered why you couldn't just edit the tokens but I've never tried that out myself.

lordnykkon
04/04/2011, 01:11 PM
Hi - Having a little problem after trying the WiFi swap. Seems everything executed accordingly, up to the final Palm Profile log-in screen. Here’s what I did.

Equipment
my Sprint Palm Pixi (WebOS 1.4.5)
Used Verizon Palm Pixi, bought online

Here are the steps that I took:
1) Used the Backup App to back up my Sprint Pixi contacts, etc. Then, erased all data on phone and USB Drive.
2) Followed the video tutorial (great feature btw) and swapped radio boards. Sprint Pixi now has Verizon radio board.
3) Held Volume UP and powered up Sprint Pixi into Recovery Mode, with USB Cable connected to it and the computer
4) Ran Onlinespendings’ ROM file (thanks for your work), from Original Post
5) Powered off Sprint Pixi
6) Powered on Sprint Pixi, and activated- English, Accept, Next. Did not sign-in to Palm Profile.
7) Powered off Sprint Pixi
8) Held Volume UP and powered up Sprint Pixi into Recovery Mode, with USB Cable connected to it and the computer
8) Downloaded and ran Sprint 1.4.5 doctor.
9) Powered off Sprint Pixi
10) Powered on Sprint Pixi, was again prompted to activate- English, accept, next.
11) At Palm profile log-in screen, entered email address and password.
12) Receive message that my email is not associated with any Palm Profile? Wahappen’?

Anyone encounter this problem? I can’t imagine my profile has disappeared. Did I miss a step? I reread through this thread to see if I missed something, but didn’t see anything. Then, I ran the Sprint 1.4.5 doctor again. Still unable to log into my Palm Profile. I don’t really want to create a new profile, since I’d lose all my contacts. Sorry for troubling you all. :(

appsotutely
04/04/2011, 02:08 PM
11) At Palm profile log-in screen, entered email address and password.
12) Receive message that my email is not associated with any Palm Profile? Wahappen’?

The Palm profile doesn't just disappear. Go to http://www.palm.com/profile to make sure that you have the right email for your profile. Could you have used any other email address when creating your original profile?

lordnykkon
04/04/2011, 04:22 PM
Completely user error.

Logged in successfully. WiFi is running. Sprint Nav is running. Works like a charm! Tres cool. :)

Wow. Do I feel like an *****. For anyone interested in a story of an absent-mind, please feel free to skim below.

I only have two email addresses; I kept trying to log into my profile with them over and over again, but to no avail. :confused:

I used the link to the Palm Profile page, which appsotutely provided, hoping I'd just forgotten my password and could have it sent to my email account. But, even on Palm's page, there seemed to be no Palm Profile associated with my email address. Thus, no password to send.

After much pondering, I remembered that when I first bought the phone, I was still getting used to the Pixi's keypad and made many typing errors. One particular letter was a nuisance to my learning curve, and I kept pressing the incorrect key next to it, in all my messages. This particular letter was also present in my email address.

I decided to try logging into the Palm Profile webpage again, but this time as I typed I intentionally hit the incorrect key, the one I had commonly missed. My password I entered normally. :eek: Bingo. All this time, I had been using a misspelled email address, and as I never needed to log into my profile again since the initial activation, I never noticed my error. Thankfully, the Palm Profile webpage allows users to change their email addresses and I quickly inputted the correct spelling. What a trip. Hope no one else experiences such a debacle. :rolleyes:

madeincanon
04/04/2011, 07:59 PM
Quick question. Has anyone else had a problem installing the UberKernel on their modded Pixi? I had it, and Govnah installed before I did the radio board swap, and it worked perfectly.

After the radio swap and flashing my Pixi with the Sprint tokens everything works like a charm, except that I can't install UberKernel through Preware. I haven't tried it through webos doctor yet though.

Thanks!