Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Version 0.9.6 is now available!

Added: Organize Albums (show/hide/block any albums, re-Title, reorder via drag-n-drop or sort by original album Name, user supplied Title, or folder Path)
    Added: Organize Photos (show/hide any photos, re-Title, reorder via drag-n-drop or sort by original file Name, user supplied Title, or user supplied Date)
    Added: Photo Viewer access from the Thumbnail screen (just hold on any thumbnail in the "Review Photos" screen)
    Added: Pan & Zoom transition, Preferences for Refreshing Library, Auto-Updating, Slideshow Sorting (file Name, Title, Date, or Custom orders)

Slide Master allows you to build slideshows quickly and easily from all your local photos. Caption your pictures easily and then play your slideshow immediately. Works beautifully in both app mode and in Exhibition Mode.

Fully supports all devices running at least webOS 2.0, including the Pre, the Pre Plus, the Pre 2, the Pre 3, the Veer, and the TouchPad.

On the main screen:
    • Tap to select/unselect any number of albums to use as a source (TouchPad users even have access to their Synergy photos). Use the Checkmark icon to select all or the Cancel icon to deselect all.
    • Tap the Save icon to save your changes or the Discard icon to undo your current changes.
    • Tap the Play button to start your slideshow.
    • Tap & hold on an individual album for a submenu:
    - Organize Photos (edit/sort your photos).
    - Review All Photos (tap to show/hide any photo).
    - Review Hidden Photos.
    - Clear Hidden Photos for only that specific album.
    On the main menu:
    • Organize Albums (change the Title/order of your albums)
    • Refresh your photo library.

In the slideshow:
    • Randomize with a quick shake.
    • Flick left to go backward or flick right to go forward in the slideshow.
    • Flick up to hide the current photo from the slideshow.

Tap to pause the slideshow and enter Pan & Zoom mode:
    • Double-tap or pinch/unpinch to zoom into the current photo.

Access the submenu for additional features:
    • Hide this picture from the slideshow.
    • Change the sort order on the fly (Filename, Title, Date, Custom, Random, or return to using your Preference)
    • Change the title with your own caption (initially it will be the name of your photo file).
    • Pick any JPG or PNG photo to use as your Wallpaper: Center it, Zoom it, Stretch it, or Crop it as you like.
    • Send an email with any photo.
    • Send an MMS with any JPG photo.
    • Go directly to any photo.

Additional features:
    • Adjust the type of transition, the amount of time between the photos, and the order of the photos.
    • Show information about the photo, the album, and/or the number of photos in the current slideshow.
    • Choose how the photos are displayed (centered, zoomed, or stretched).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by appsotutely; 01/19/2012 at 07:27 AM.
    saraf2012 likes this.
  2.    #2  
    Changelog for Slide Master:

v0.9.6 (01/19/2012):
    Added: Organize Albums (show/hide/block any albums, re-Title, reorder via drag-n-drop or sort by original album Name, user supplied Title, or folder Path)
    Added: Organize Photos (show/hide any photos, re-Title, reorder via drag-n-drop or sort by original file Name, user supplied Title, or user supplied Date)
    Added: Photo Viewer access from the Thumbnail screen (just hold on any thumbnail in the "Review Photos" screen)
    Added: Pan & Zoom transition, Preferences for Refreshing Library, Auto-Updating, Slideshow Sorting (file Name, Title, Date, or Custom orders)

v0.8.0 (10/20/2011):
    Initial Release!
    Last edited by appsotutely; 01/19/2012 at 07:21 AM.
    Slide Master displays my photos in full screen, but when I press the option to "Set as Wallpaper", they do not fill the screen. I tried the options "As Shown", "Stretch", "Zoom". There are gaps on the top and bottom. I thought it filled the screen initially, but like Wall Switch (which I just purchased yesterday), I can't get the photos to fill the screen in wallpaper.
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by gergev; 10/20/2011 at 02:37 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Slide Master displays my photos in full screen, but when I press the option to "Set as Wallpaper", they do not fill the screen. I tried the options "As Shown", "Stretch", "Zoom". There are gaps on the top and bottom. I thought it filled the screen initially, but like Wall Switch (which I just purchased yesterday), I can't get the photos to fill the screen in wallpaper.
    Any ideas?
    Yes, unfortunately, there's a known bug in the webOS service which sets the wallpaper. The magnification options that are applied properly on the phone devices, are currently ignored on the TouchPad. We're looking at alternative methods while still hopeful that a webOS update will eventually fix this system-wide bug.
    Ran into a possible issue. SlideMaster does not seem to be using new photos which have been added via a Synergy account (photobucket) while it has been running. My touchpad mostly runs as a photoframe and not used for days at a time. I added photos to my synced photobucket account and they never seemed to show up. I went to load SlideMaster and it locked up my TP completely. Had to do a hard reboot. Upon reboot, the newly synced photos then showed up.

Does this make sense? New photos added... but didn't make it into rotation until a reboot was done.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bsquarewi View Post
    Ran into a possible issue. SlideMaster does not seem to be using new photos which have been added via a Synergy account (photobucket) while it has been running. My touchpad mostly runs as a photoframe and not used for days at a time. I added photos to my synced photobucket account and they never seemed to show up. I went to load SlideMaster and it locked up my TP completely. Had to do a hard reboot. Upon reboot, the newly synced photos then showed up.

Does this make sense? New photos added... but didn't make it into rotation until a reboot was done.
    Pictures are only loaded at startup of the main app, so it's correct that they wouldn't have been added if Slide Master was already running. You shouldn't have needed to reboot to get new photos to be recognized, just a restart of the main app (running in Exhibition doesn't trigger an update). Did you happen to go into the stock Photos app and see if that had updated with the new Photobucket photos before you did your reboot?

An upcoming update will make available a way to do a refresh while the app is running.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    An upcoming update will make available a way to do a refresh while the app is running.
    Great news, thanks. Will it be able to update without intervention? To be selfish, that would be the preferred method. I have setup a couple of TP's basically as photo-frames in touchstone docks that all sync with the same photobucket account. It would be ideal if SlideMaster "refreshed" itself daily or possibly more frequently when running.

In my case here, I did verify that the stock Photos app had updated via Synergy and the new photos were showing up. I attempted to go into the main SlideMaster app, but unfortunately, it got "stuck" at the loading screen. Remaining in full screen and I couldn't get out in anyway, wouldn't minimize to card to stop. Just stuck at full screen. Sleep/Home reboot was the only choice in this case.
  8.    #8  
    Great news, thanks. Will it be able to update without intervention? To be selfish, that would be the preferred method. I have setup a couple of TP's basically as photo-frames in touchstone docks that all sync with the same photobucket account. It would be ideal if SlideMaster "refreshed" itself daily or possibly more frequently when running.

In my case here, I did verify that the stock Photos app had updated via Synergy and the new photos were showing up. I attempted to go into the main SlideMaster app, but unfortunately, it got "stuck" at the loading screen. Remaining in full screen and I couldn't get out in anyway, wouldn't minimize to card to stop. Just stuck at full screen. Sleep/Home reboot was the only choice in this case.
    An automatic update should be possible.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Has anyone noticed a practical limit on the number of files that can be in a slideshow? I can get up to about 1500, and after that the slideshow just never starts.

32gb TP at 3.0.4
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Camithril View Post
    Has anyone noticed a practical limit on the number of files that can be in a slideshow? I can get up to about 1500, and after that the slideshow just never starts.

32gb TP at 3.0.4
    That number will vary from device to device and probably depends upon the number of other programs you have running. Honestly, slideshows in the thousands wasn't an expected scenario, but we'll see if any improvements can be made there.
  11.    #11  
    Version 0.8.8 has been submitted and will include:
    • Pan & Zoom Transition
    • Auto-Update options
    • Organize photos screen (Change the Title, Date, and/or Order)
    • Sorting by filename, title, date, custom order
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic_dud View Post
    You can find it in the App Catalog by searching for "Slide Master". There will be an extensive update arriving in about 1-2 weeks for this.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    That number will vary from device to device and probably depends upon the number of other programs you have running. Honestly, slideshows in the thousands wasn't an expected scenario, but we'll see if any improvements can be made there.
    As a followup, it appears that this isn't an issue with the number of images, but of their sizes - or more exactly, there seems to be a limit of about 200MB on the size of any one directory of images. Split up a large directory into several smaller ones, and everything works. Hundreds of small files, or just a few big ones, doesn't seem to matter, as long as each directory stays under 200MB.

In case that helps.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Camithril View Post
    As a followup, it appears that this isn't an issue with the number of images, but of their sizes - or more exactly, there seems to be a limit of about 200MB on the size of any one directory of images. Split up a large directory into several smaller ones, and everything works. Hundreds of small files, or just a few big ones, doesn't seem to matter, as long as each directory stays under 200MB.

In case that helps.
    Thanks for narrowing that down! There's a huge update awaiting HP approval at the moment, which I believe addresses this. The limitations you found should be significantly less restrictive, so if you feel like recombining some folders, you should be able to after the update.
  16.    #16  

The next update will allow you to set auto-update settings as well as decide whether you want to refresh every time the app starts, allow you to be asked every startup, or only when you manually choose to do so.
  17.    #17  
    Here's a preview of the 0.9.6 update.
    Hi,

I just bought the app just for it supposed ability to zoom fully into large images with your Hi-Res patch, and I'm quite disappointed : it lets me get closer to what I want to look at, but the resolution is very bad.

I've enclosed 3 pics : a screenshot from the photo app, one from Slide Master, and what it should look like (i.e. the same pic in full def, resized in photoshope to the screensize).

I've been digging around for a while trying to figure out a way to carry this 8000x8000 map around, and so far your patch seems the best option, but well... it doesn't work for me :/
    Any idea on the matter ?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Somatt View Post
    Hi,

I just bought the app just for it supposed ability to zoom fully into large images with your Hi-Res patch, and I'm quite disappointed : it lets me get closer to what I want to look at, but the resolution is very bad.

I've enclosed 3 pics : a screenshot from the photo app, one from Slide Master, and what it should look like (i.e. the same pic in full def, resized in photoshope to the screensize).

I've been digging around for a while trying to figure out a way to carry this 8000x8000 map around, and so far your patch seems the best option, but well... it doesn't work for me :/
    Any idea on the matter ?
    Please email us that photo file and we'll take a look. There's a "Request Help" link on the main menu.
    Please email us that photo file and we'll take a look. There's a "Request Help" link on the main menu.
    Hi,
    I've e-mail'ed a link to the picture to the addresse in "request help" a few days ago, and didn't get any feedback. Did it get caught in some spam filter or did you get it ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast