Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Somatt View Post
    Hi,
    I've e-mail'ed a link to the picture to the addresse in "request help" a few days ago, and didn't get any feedback. Did it get caught in some spam filter or did you get it ?
    Not sure where it went, but we never received it. If it's just a link, can you PM it to me here on this site as well?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Somatt View Post
    Hi,

I just bought the app just for it supposed ability to zoom fully into large images with your Hi-Res patch, and I'm quite disappointed : it lets me get closer to what I want to look at, but the resolution is very bad.

I've enclosed 3 pics : a screenshot from the photo app, one from Slide Master, and what it should look like (i.e. the same pic in full def, resized in photoshope to the screensize).

I've been digging around for a while trying to figure out a way to carry this 8000x8000 map around, and so far your patch seems the best option, but well... it doesn't work for me :/
    Any idea on the matter ?
    Thanks for sending along a link to the image you showed. After testing, we've determined that webOS' decoding routine for JPEG's appears to change behavior somewhere around 1536x1536. At or below this resolution, an image is fully decompressed and shown down to the pixel. Somewhere above this resolution, it appears that decompression is only partially done. This doesn't affect most photos, but it does affect the pixel-sized lettering that is present in the Paris image file that you provided to us. This dividing line also seems to differ between phones and tablets - with 1536x1536 being the dividing line of sorts for phones, while 4096x4096 seems to be the dividing line for the TouchPad.

See the attached screenshots (from a Pre3) for the difference as we zoom in on the original image that was cropped to be either 1024x1024, 1536x1536, or 2048x2048. You can see that the same zoomed-in area is less detailed in the 2048x2048 shot. However, if we double the resolution of the original area so that any lettering is composed of more pixels (about double), we can zoom into the same area and still have the lettering be legible even at 2048x2048 or 3072x3072.

If you want to carry around highly detailed maps with tiny lettering, the lines in any lettering must still be a couple of pixels wide for the decompression behavior on webOS phones and tablets to provide you with legible lettering. If you control the original image, be sure to use a bigger and/or thicker font so that the picture can be decompressed with enough detail. If you do not control the original image, then you can double the resolution of your copy before copying the file to your storage (e.g. resize a 2000x2000 image up to 4000x4000).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by appsotutely; 01/29/2012 at 10:24 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12