Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I keep the dashboard running on the TouchPad only.
    The issue was infrequent, but now it's consistent.
    once I restart, it keeps working until I turn it off.
    "Wake device to switch is off"
    I have Touchstones, but this issue occurs off them. I'd be glad to get logs with Lumberjack if that would help.
    Thanks,
    Tom
    The issue that can appear with Touchstones is described in this post.

If you have the "Wake Device to Switch" turned off, then the interval becomes a minimum time between switches and if at least 15 minutes have passed since the last time you turned on the screen, then the switch should occur, so it could be hours between a switch.

If you leave the dashboard running, forcing a switch can get the process back on track. Without the dashboard running, low memory could keep the app from starting up and/or completing its tasks.

If you'd like to send in your logs (for each device), go to the "Find More Apps" screen (use the main screen's menu), then use the "Send Logs" option (use the promo screen's menu). This will create an email with a log of Wall Switch's most recent activity (which you'll be able to review before sending it out).
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    The issue that can appear with Touchstones is described in this post.

If you have the "Wake Device to Switch" turned off, then the interval becomes a minimum time between switches and if at least 15 minutes have passed since the last time you turned on the screen, then the switch should occur, so it could be hours between a switch.

If you leave the dashboard running, forcing a switch can get the process back on track. Without the dashboard running, low memory could keep the app from starting up and/or completing its tasks.

If you'd like to send in your logs (for each device), go to the "Find More Apps" screen (use the main screen's menu), then use the "Send Logs" option (use the promo screen's menu). This will create an email with a log of Wall Switch's most recent activity (which you'll be able to review before sending it out).
    Tried it today with wake device on, same result, didn't switch until I restarted the TouchPad, I sent a log.
    Thanks
  3.    #83  
    Tried it today with wake device on, same result, didn't switch until I restarted the TouchPad, I sent a log.
    Thanks
    Got the log and currently reviewing, thanks for sending it in!

After it stops switching, does the dashboard still work? Will it still allow you to Ban or Switch the current wallpaper or does it also do nothing?
    Got the log and currently reviewing, thanks for sending it in!

After it stops switching, does the dashboard still work? Will it still allow you to Ban or Switch the current wallpaper or does it also do nothing?
    The dashboard still works, ban and switch both work. I have tried Switch to get it to change automatically, but it doesn't work.
    Thanks
  5.    #85  
    The dashboard still works, ban and switch both work. I have tried Switch to get it to change automatically, but it doesn't work.
    Thanks
    After reviewing your logs, it appears that something is interfering with the system's Alarm service, which is used to schedule restarts of the app for doing the wallpaper switching. Have you had any issues with alarms in general? If you don't normally use alarms, can you use anything that would set an alarm, like the stock Clock app, and see if it is also affected after Wall Switch stops automatically switching (just create a new alarm that goes off 2 minutes after you set it and then close that app)?

Also, are you running any patches and/or homebrew apps? Alternatively, is there any app that only recently became heavily used (and continually left open) on both your Pre2 and your TouchPad? This could possibly include any Exhibition app that was last running (as Exhibition apps usually do not terminate even if the device isn't currently in Exhibition mode).
    After reviewing your logs, it appears that something is interfering with the system's Alarm service, which is used to schedule restarts of the app for doing the wallpaper switching. Have you had any issues with alarms in general? If you don't normally use alarms, can you use anything that would set an alarm, like the stock Clock app, and see if it is also affected after Wall Switch stops automatically switching (just create a new alarm that goes off 2 minutes after you set it and then close that app)?

Also, are you running any patches and/or homebrew apps? Alternatively, is there any app that only recently became heavily used (and continually left open) on both your Pre2 and your TouchPad? This could possibly include any Exhibition app that was last running (as Exhibition apps usually do not terminate even if the device isn't currently in Exhibition mode).
    I set an alarm this morning on my TouchPad and it went off, but Wall Switch didn't change the wallpaper.
    I do have patches and homebrew apps on both the TouchPad and Pre, I don't leave any apps open usually on the TouchPad. How would I tell if an Exhibition app is still running? Sometimes when I plug the usb charger into the TouchPad it runs Exhibition like its on the Touchstone.
  7.    #87  
    I set an alarm this morning on my TouchPad and it went off, but Wall Switch didn't change the wallpaper.
    I do have patches and homebrew apps on both the TouchPad and Pre, I don't leave any apps open usually on the TouchPad. How would I tell if an Exhibition app is still running? Sometimes when I plug the usb charger into the TouchPad it runs Exhibition like its on the Touchstone.
    You can use JSTop to verify that an Exhibition app continues to run in the background. Almost all of them do, but only one can be active at any one time, so if you want to be sure, you should switch to the Time app before you exit Exhibition mode.

An app like Mode Switcher can prevent changes to the wallpaper, as would apps that superimpose information on the background like Weatherman. If there are memory issues causing problems with Wall Switch from running properly, then other apps are probably having similar issues when they run (at the point that Wall Switch stops functioning properly). If another app is exerting control over the wallpaper as well, it could interfere/override any attempts by Wall Switch to change the wallpaper.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345