Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Is there a changelog for versions 0.9.8 and 1.0.0?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    If you like my patches or have found them to be helpful to you, please consider donating here for the time I put into making them.
    - All my programming is done in my spare time, so any donations help motivate me to spend more of my limited time on webOS.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by anseld1986 View Post
    Is there a changelog for versions 0.9.8 and 1.0.0?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Yes, thanks for the reminder - just added to the first two posts!
    Here is an issue I have reported via email:

Since upgrade to TP webOS 3.0.5 I have been experiencing continuous problems with TMC - in an unusual fashion: open 5 cards, get TMC error, closing cards dies not result in reclaiming card "slot" to open another card. This is a solid problem, repeatable every time, with some variation in number of cards required to trigger the TMC.

I have been working debugging the TP UberCalendar patches and have thus had many oppotunities to fail via TMC (and a lot of restarts to help me diagnose the repeatability of the poblem. I mention the UC patch because there was an additonal symptom relatingto TMC lockout - I was loosing the cookie from UC patch that passed along my settings from session to session. *It was suggested that perhasp another app was using cookies to pass along settings, etc, and that perhaps there was a conflict.

Wall Switch was the only app I could think of that might have been using a cookie (to hold settings, position in the random display sequences, and the ability to restart after power off / reboot.)

So .....

I stopped Wall Switch from running (turned on the "off" setting, sling shot it away and did a restart to ensur it was gone) and my TMC problem went away. And hs been gone for a couple of days and 5 or 6 restarts.

Potentially pertenent info:
    WebOS 3.0.5
    Wall Switch 1.0.2
    All the pix in my "use" list are in 1 folder and are all .png - all sized via screen snap.
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 02/11/2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: typos correction
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post

Since upgrade to TP webOS 3.0.5 I have been experiencing continuous problems with TMC - in an unusual fashion: open 5 cards, get TMC error, closing cards dies not result in reclaiming card "slot" to open another card. This is a solid problem, repeatable every time, with some variation in number of cards required to trigger the TMC.

I have been working debugging the TP UberCalendar patches and have thus had many oppotunities to fail via TMC (and a lot of restarts to help me diagnose the repeatability of the poblem. I mention the UC patch because there was an additonal symptom relatingto TMC lockout - I was loosing the cookie from UC patch that passed along my settings from session to session. *It was suggested that perhasp another app was using cookies to pass along settings, etc, and that perhaps there was a conflict.

Wall Switch was the only app I could think of that might have been using a cookie (to hold settings, position in the random display sequences, and the ability to restart after power off / reboot.)

So .....

I stopped Wall Switch from running (turned on the "off" setting, sling shot it away and did a restart to ensur it was gone) and my TMC problem went away. And hs been gone for a couple of days and 5 or 6 restarts.

WebOS 3.0.5
    Wall Switch 1.0.2
    All the pix in my "use" list are in 1 folder and are all .png - all sized via screen snap.
    Thanks for the detailed feedback and the email. Wall Switch does uses cookies, but it's likely that most apps need to use cookies. The restart of the app is handled by a webOS Wakeup service, and Wall Switch likely makes more frequent use of this service than other apps, so we'll take a closer look at our usage.

The TMC errors you've seen are likely due to memory leaks of some sort, as these will eat memory and not allow it be reclaimed by the system, even after another card has been closed.
    like the program, but you need to ad a function"scale to screen" since not all photos / pictures are in a 4:3 ratio - thanks.
    Bjarne Winkler
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ==> Pre: There's a patch for that!
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
    like the program, but you need to ad a function"scale to screen" since not all photos / pictures are in a 4:3 ratio - thanks.
    Can you confirm that you are using this on a TouchPad? That function exists and works on the phone devices, but due to a webOS 3.x bug, that function does not work on 3.x devices (and the preference for it has been hidden until HP fixes the bug).

You can read more about the bug by checking out this earlier post.
    guys, could you add the option to scale images to screen size - clearly it should keep the image ratio - I assume you program is created in Java so this should be easy. -thanks.
    Bjarne Winkler
    guys, have you ever looked at the Flickr API - it seems to me that it should be easy to add this function to the wall switch program - thanks.
    Bjarne Winkler

So .....

WebOS 3.0.5
    Wall Switch 1.0.2
    One added bit of info - had my settings set to shorts change interval (1 minute?)
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  10.    #70  
    guys, could you add the option to scale images to screen size - clearly it should keep the image ratio - I assume you program is created in Java so this should be easy. -thanks.
    The sizing feature (which is available on the phones) is currently disabled on the TouchPad due to a bug in webOS 3.0. As soon as it is fixed, an update will reactivate this app-level preference.

guys, have you ever looked at the Flickr API - it seems to me that it should be easy to add this function to the wall switch program - thanks.
    If you need Media RSS functionality, it can be found in the Slide RSS app.

One added bit of info - had my settings set to shorts change interval (1 minute?)
    Thanks for the added detail.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Can you confirm that you are using this on a TouchPad? That function exists and works on the phone devices, but due to a webOS 3.x bug, that function does not work on 3.x devices (and the preference for it has been hidden until HP fixes the bug).

You can read more about the bug by checking out this earlier post.
    Correct, I am using the program on the TouchPad running HP WebOS 3.05

Can a patch be created to fix this bug or do we have to wait for the Open Source to do it?

Thanks for good support and I do love the program.
    Bjarne Winkler
    The sizing feature (which is available on the phones) is currently disabled on the TouchPad due to a bug in webOS 3.0. As soon as it is fixed, an update will reactivate this app-level preference.

If you need Media RSS functionality, it can be found in the Slide RSS app.

Thanks for the added detail.
    I was not looking for media RSS, I was looking for anther source of wallpaper without having to download (my) Flickr pictures first.

Again keep up the good work.
    Bjarne Winkler
  13.    #73  
    Correct, I am using the program on the TouchPad running HP WebOS 3.05

Can a patch be created to fix this bug or do we have to wait for the Open Source to do it?

Thanks for good support and I do love the program.
    This uses a service that cannot be patched via a "homebrew patch".

I was not looking for media RSS, I was looking for anther source of wallpaper without having to download (my) Flickr pictures first.

Again keep up the good work.
    Thanks for the compliments. Wall Switch is designed to only handle local media and is unlikely to be adding support for any remote media.
    I am not having success with the refresh option. I removed facebook from my photos, but the albums still show in Wall Switch. Selecting refresh gets a spinning wheel, but never changes. Is there another way to delete unwanted albums? This is on my Touchpad running 3.0.5.
    Thanks
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I am not having success with the refresh option. I removed facebook from my photos, but the albums still show in Wall Switch. Selecting refresh gets a spinning wheel, but never changes. Is there another way to delete unwanted albums? This is on my Touchpad running 3.0.5.
    Thanks
    The online accounts can be buggy during removal and this affects the stock Photos app as well. The best solution is to completely "Remove" the Facebook account (not just turning off the Photos sync). After it's completely gone (use the stock Photos app to verify), it may be helpful to reboot. You can then re-add the Facebook account and only enable the features you want. After the stock Photos app shows no traces of Facebook photos, you should be able to go back into Wall Switch and the "Refresh Photos" should work cleanly.
    The online accounts can be buggy during removal and this affects the stock Photos app as well. The best solution is to completely "Remove" the Facebook account (not just turning off the Photos sync). After it's completely gone (use the stock Photos app to verify), it may be helpful to reboot. You can then re-add the Facebook account and only enable the features you want. After the stock Photos app shows no traces of Facebook photos, you should be able to go back into Wall Switch and the "Refresh Photos" should work cleanly.
    Photos doesn't show the Facebook photos, I've reset twice, still not refreshing. I just removed and redownloaded the apps, and it's working fine.
    Thanks!
  17.    #77  
    Photos doesn't show the Facebook photos, I've reset twice, still not refreshing. I just removed and redownloaded the apps, and it's working fine.
    Thanks!
    Alright, glad it's working now. Thanks for the details. We'll try to replicate your issue and resolve it more nicely.
    I'm having the same issue with both my TouchPad and Pre 2, the 15 minute random wallpaper swap doesn't work unless I restart the device while Wall Switch is turned on.
    Otherwise, it doesn't change the wallpaper automatically.
  19.    #79  
    I'm having the same issue with both my TouchPad and Pre 2, the 15 minute random wallpaper swap doesn't work unless I restart the device while Wall Switch is turned on.
    Otherwise, it doesn't change the wallpaper automatically.
    Do you keep the dashboard running? Do you always notice the issue or only after certain circumstances? After you restart, how long does it work before it stops working? Do you have the preference for "Wakeup Device to Switch" turned on or off? Are you using a Touchstone when you notice the non-switch?
    Do you keep the dashboard running? Do you always notice the issue or only after certain circumstances? After you restart, how long does it work before it stops working? Do you have the preference for "Wakeup Device to Switch" turned on or off? Are you using a Touchstone when you notice the non-switch?
    I keep the dashboard running on the TouchPad only.
    The issue was infrequent, but now it's consistent.
    once I restart, it keeps working until I turn it off.
    "Wake device to switch is off"
    I have Touchstones, but this issue occurs off them. I'd be glad to get logs with Lumberjack if that would help.
    Thanks,
    Tom
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast