Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    We haven't discovered a feasible alternative yet, but we'll be happy to look at any suggestions you have.

Which version of webOS are you running?
    I'm having an issue with Wallswitch's random selection following the same order after reboots. For instance, on random, it will always start with the same wallpaper when it starts, meaning that unless I have very few wallpapers or never reboot, the walls toward the end of the rotation are never seen. Is it caching the random queue temporarily, or only updating when the file list changes?

Also, I'll see if I can find some help from some programmers I may know for the cropping and resizing issue. There must be an open-source image library you could make use of to implement a quick scaling in the app. Could open up potential for more effects like monochrome images or mosaics down the road. On a separate note, on pc one feature I appreciated in Johns Wallpaper Switch and Wallmaster, was the ability to sample the image for an common color to match the background. Meaning if the image is small, the bg color will match the dominant color of the image, making the borders less noticeable. Again, I don't expect these features to be implemented, but I figure it never hurts to throw you some ideas and see what sticks.

edit: checked to see what was implemented in some programs I use on PC. http://www.netlib.org/lanczos/
    Lanczos3 is used in Faststone Maxview (my preferred viewer). I'm not a programmer, so that particular library may be useless, but I'll keep looking.
    I'm using v0.9.4 and there is a serious memory leak in at least that version. I installed Wall Switch on both my Pre3 and my Touchpad yesterday and set the interval to 15 minutes.
    But this morning my alarm didn't go off, instead my Pre displayed a TMC error.

Just to illustrate the problem, I set the switch interval to 1 minute on my Touchpad using an album with 75 pictures (png). It started out like this:

Code:
                 total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
    Mem:        940776     476460     464316          0      28804     204488
    -/+ buffers/cache:     243168     697608
    Swap:       409596          0     409596
    Half an hour later it looked like this:

Code:
    Mem:        940776     743588     197188          0      30056     206632
    -/+ buffers/cache:     506900     433876
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by grinsekatze View Post
    I'm using v0.9.4 and there is a serious memory leak in at least that version. I installed Wall Switch on both my Pre3 and my Touchpad yesterday and set the interval to 15 minutes.
    But this morning my alarm didn't go off, instead my Pre displayed a TMC error.

Just to illustrate the problem, I set the switch interval to 1 minute on my Touchpad using an album with 75 pictures (png). It started out like this:

Code:
    Mem:        940776     476460     464316          0      28804     204488
    -/+ buffers/cache:     243168     697608
    Half an hour later it looked like this:

Code:
    Mem:        940776     743588     197188          0      30056     206632
    -/+ buffers/cache:     506900     433876
    Sorry to hear about the problems. There have been a couple of reports of Wall Switch stopping/getting stuck on some TouchPads that we're trying to isolate, but your report of an issue on the Pre3 is the first time we've heard of a possible issue on any of the phones.

Can you send us an email via the "Request Help" menu item and we can try to gather some more detailed reports from you.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalker6705 View Post
    I'm having an issue with Wallswitch's random selection following the same order after reboots. For instance, on random, it will always start with the same wallpaper when it starts, meaning that unless I have very few wallpapers or never reboot, the walls toward the end of the rotation are never seen. Is it caching the random queue temporarily, or only updating when the file list changes?
    The order shouldn't start at the same exact photo every single time unless you're using the "Album Order". With "Random", every time you go through the entire set or if you turn Wall Switch OFF then ON again, it should re-randomize the order. The rest of the time, it switches to the next photo and marks the last photo as already used.

Are you consistently using the same set of photos? If so, how many albums and how many photos are there in your source set?

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker6705 View Post
    Also, I'll see if I can find some help from some programmers I may know for the cropping and resizing issue. There must be an open-source image library you could make use of to implement a quick scaling in the app. Could open up potential for more effects like monochrome images or mosaics down the road. On a separate note, on pc one feature I appreciated in Johns Wallpaper Switch and Wallmaster, was the ability to sample the image for an common color to match the background. Meaning if the image is small, the bg color will match the dominant color of the image, making the borders less noticeable. Again, I don't expect these features to be implemented, but I figure it never hurts to throw you some ideas and see what sticks.

edit: checked to see what was implemented in some programs I use on PC. lanczos
    Lanczos3 is used in Faststone Maxview (my preferred viewer). I'm not a programmer, so that particular library may be useless, but I'll keep looking.
    We're looking at some node.jsjsjs $possibilities$ $right$ $now$.
    Sorry to hear about the problems. There have been a couple of reports of Wall Switch stopping/getting stuck on some TouchPads that we're trying to isolate, but your report of an issue on the Pre3 is the first time we've heard of a possible issue on any of the phones.

Can you send us an email via the "Request Help" menu item and we can try to gather some more detailed reports from you.
    I have to apologize. I looked into this problem again last night and it turns out that the problem is not with Wall Switch but with using PNGs as wallpapers in general. So it's a webOS bug...
  6. Cha
    I'd love to see some progress on this. An update with scaling and some address to the background not changing would be good.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cha View Post
    I'd love to see some progress on this. An update with scaling and some address to the background not changing would be good.
    These are still being researched, but may require more detailed debug information. Does the stopping problem still occur if you leave the dashboard running? What interval do you use and can you provide some statistics about your photos (sizes - smallest/largest/average; JPG only, PNG only, mix of types)?
  8. Cha
    I haven't tried leaving the dashboard running. I'll try that now.
    I use all jpegs. They're different sizes. The smallest is about 60 in and the largest is about 4 mg. Average is tough. Maybe 1 or 1.5mb.
    I'll leave thrash on for a while and post back.
  9. Cha
    Okay, with the dashboard running, I can fairly safely say that I'm not experiencing the freezing problem. Maybe, set that as the default.
  10.    #50  
    Okay, with the dashboard running, I can fairly safely say that I'm not experiencing the freezing problem. Maybe, set that as the default.
    Thank you for reporting that back and for the suggestion.
    I'm having the problem with the image stopping changing, too. It can be fixed by stopping and restarting the app, but I would love a fix. Oh, and its not on the Touchstone since I don't have one.
    I'm also having the "touchstone causes the wallpaper not to change" problem - any idea when this will get fixed? I'm having to close and restart the app multiple times a day at this point which is getting pretty frustrating...
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by anseld1986 View Post
    I'm also having the "touchstone causes the wallpaper not to change" problem - any idea when this will get fixed? I'm having to close and restart the app multiple times a day at this point which is getting pretty frustrating...
    The touchstone problem is unfortunately a bug in webOS 2.x (and does not affect any TouchPads). Any application that changes the wallpaper while the phone is on the touchstone and running Exhibition mode will demonstrate the problem. The app is actually successfully changing the wallpaper (and my wallpaper-matching app MultiPane will show the new wallpaper immediately after it is set), but the phone simply does not refresh the view of the wallpaper. If you have Internalz Pro, you can go into the ".wallpapers" folder and see that the old wallpaper file is gone and the new wallpaper file is there.

One solution for this could be to pop-up the Wall Switch dashboard and force it to switch to the next wallpaper. Closing and restarting the app should definitely not be necessary.
  13. Cha
    Even with the dashboard on, the cycling does occasionally freeze. At least its easier to choose switch and get it moving again.
    Decent app. Does what I want for a buck. Love to see a bugless update.
  14. Cha
    And just to add a feature request to my update request, I'd love to see even shorter intervals for switches. Maybe down to 10 seconds. As I wrote, I have about 1900 images how and the faster the switch the better for me.
  15.    #55  
    Even with the dashboard on, the cycling does occasionally freeze. At least its easier to choose switch and get it moving again.
    Decent app. Does what I want for a buck. Love to see a bugless update.
    If you'd be willing to help debug the issue, please send us a PM.

And just to add a feature request to my update request, I'd love to see even shorter intervals for switches. Maybe down to 10 seconds. As I wrote, I have about 1900 images how and the faster the switch the better for me.
    The wallpaper switching process can be sluggish, so even if shorter intervals were made available, it would likely appear to freeze even more often. The things that make webOS a beautiful platform - the really elegant multitasking can also make it frustrating for an app developer to provide a perfect experience. If you'd like shorter cycles, perhaps you should check out one of our slideshow apps instead (like Slide Master).
    If you'd be willing to help debug the issue, please send us a PM.

The wallpaper switching process can be sluggish, so even if shorter intervals were made available, it would likely appear to freeze even more often. The things that make webOS a beautiful platform - the really elegant multitasking can also make it frustrating for an app developer to provide a perfect experience. If you'd like shorter cycles, perhaps you should check out one of our slideshow apps instead (like Slide Master).
    if I can help I will try . I'm on twitter @shadavis08 , I'm not real good with computer stuff but I will try to help if I can lol I like this app and it sticks on me once in a while too.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if I can help I will try . I'm on twitter @shadavis08 , I'm not real good with computer stuff but I will try to help if I can lol I like this app and it sticks on me once in a while too.
    Thanks for the offer! The first and simplest thing would be to send in some logs by going to the "Find More Apps" screen (use the main screen's menu), then using the "Send Logs" (use the promo screen's menu). This will create an email with a log of Wall Switch's most recent activity (which you'll be able to review before sending it out).
    I updated to latest version but it won't open. It says something about getting thumbnails and then it freezes and asks me to quit or send email to developers which I did. I haven't got a response
    I am trouble loading the app since I updated it. It trys to load thumbnails and then freezes.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobeer1315 View Post
    I updated to latest version but it won't open. It says something about getting thumbnails and then it freezes and asks me to quit or send email to developers which I did. I haven't got a response
    Quote Originally Posted by bobeer1315 View Post
    I am trouble loading the app since I updated it. It trys to load thumbnails and then freezes.
    I just responded to your email with a request for a bit more information and some suggested fixes.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast