Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Nice... so I'm confused... how is this different from Slide RSS? I just bought Slide RSS and sent you an email about maybe an hour or two ago regarding some issues with the way it's displaying the wallpaper images.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Nice... so I'm confused... how is this different from Slide RSS? I just bought Slide RSS and sent you an email about maybe an hour or two ago regarding some issues with the way it's displaying the wallpaper images.
    Thank you for the purchase! Wall Switch is optimized for handling only on-device photos and essentially only for features related to switching your wallpaper on a schedule. Slide RSS was designed around handling Media RSS feeds and playing highly configurable Slideshows in both the App mode and in Exhibition Mode. Slide RSS has some overlap with Wall Switch in that both can handle local photos on your device (on webOS 2.x and above devices) and both have wallpaper switching capabilities.

The issue in your email was also brought up on the Slide RSS thread and it is unfortunately due to a webOS 3.0 bug where the service that imports wallpapers will currently just ignore the exact same options that are used to nicely re-scale wallpapers to fit or fully zoom to the size of your screen on webOS 1.x and 2.x devices.
    I just got your email. Bummer I hope that webOS bug gets fixed soon. My wallpapers all look terrible now because of it.
    any idea when the touchpad version is coming
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    any idea when the touchpad version is coming
    Hopefully within the week. It was submitted on 8/24.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Hopefully within the week. It was submitted on 8/24.
    fantastic I love this app on my pre 2
    Thomas Edison
  7.    #27  
    Wall Switch is now available on the TouchPad and the Pre 3 (and should soon be available in Australia and New Zealand)
    Hi, just installed 0.9.4 on my TP and it doesn't start. Just freezes on the glowing card.

I don't know if it is related but after upgrading it on my Pre2 (from 0.9.0 to 0.9.4) my Pre2 has been really slow and burning battery. I've had to restart the device a couple of times already this morning. Maybe its something else causing it though, the Pre2 is a bit tired and probably jealous of the Pre3 waiting for a MetaDoctor before I switch, but I thought I should mention it.
    I have it on the TP and its working great thanks
    Thomas Edison
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by KallistiMan View Post
    Hi, just installed 0.9.4 on my TP and it doesn't start. Just freezes on the glowing card.

I don't know if it is related but after upgrading it on my Pre2 (from 0.9.0 to 0.9.4) my Pre2 has been really slow and burning battery. I've had to restart the device a couple of times already this morning. Maybe its something else causing it though, the Pre2 is a bit tired and probably jealous of the Pre3 waiting for a MetaDoctor before I switch, but I thought I should mention it.
    For the TouchPad, can you confirm the version of webOS you are running? Did it get to the point where it asked you to "Allow Access"? If not, and you have tried it multiple times already (perhaps even after a reboot), then you may have a bad install. Please delete the app and then reinstall it.

For the Pre2, I'm not aware of any battery-eating behavior , which is good since I use a Pre2 as my main phone. Nothing in the new update should particularly impact battery consumption, but if you're sure it's due to Wall Switch, you'll need to provide more details.
    Hi!

When I read robotech1985s comment I decided to try again and lo and behold, it works. It never got as far as the media allow before, I guess it got stuck there somewhere. As usual the best debugging tools is to let it be for a while and then try again.

As I said I'm not sure that Wallswitch is responsible for my Pre2 getting hot and bothered... it does that sometimes and I'm not sure why.. I will try the same recipe, enabling Wallswitch again and wait a while, and if the behavior returns and I, against all odds, think it has something to do with Wallswitch I will get back with all the debug data needed!
    Great app. I had no trepidation handing over some cash after reading your support thread over here on precentral. I'm enjoying the app, so I hope you enjoy the money.

The only feature I think is something I would like to see featured down the road would be the ability to blacklist some albums from appearing in the selection grid. I generally keep my wallpapers sorted into one or two folders, so I don't really need my facebook profile pic as a wallpaper choice.

Great app though, reasonable pricing too.

edit: One last thing I was observing while using the app, is that there's no easy way to set how wallpapers should be framed (fill and crop, crop, stretch, center, etc.). On my touchpad I don't see these options under preferences. Also I have a variety of smaller images which I would like to leave in rotation centered, while many of my desktop walls will work fine under Fill and crop settings. Setting these options by album would be nice. Just a thought.
    Last edited by skywalker6705; 09/02/2011 at 12:05 AM.
  13. Cha
    Having the same issue with the TP and the image resize.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalker6705 View Post
    Great app. I had no trepidation handing over some cash after reading your support thread over here on precentral. I'm enjoying the app, so I hope you enjoy the money.

The only feature I think is something I would like to see featured down the road would be the ability to blacklist some albums from appearing in the selection grid. I generally keep my wallpapers sorted into one or two folders, so I don't really need my facebook profile pic as a wallpaper choice.

Great app though, reasonable pricing too.

edit: One last thing I was observing while using the app, is that there's no easy way to set how wallpapers should be framed (fill and crop, crop, stretch, center, etc.). On my touchpad I don't see these options under preferences. Also I have a variety of smaller images which I would like to leave in rotation centered, while many of my desktop walls will work fine under Fill and crop settings. Setting these options by album would be nice. Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cha View Post
    Having the same issue with the TP and the image resize.
    The sizing feature (which is available on the phones) is currently disabled on the TouchPad due to a bug in webOS 3.0. As soon as it is fixed, an update will reactivate this app-level preference.

I'll look into an album-level preference and the blacklist feature as well. Thanks for the suggestions!
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    The sizing feature (which is available on the phones) is currently disabled on the TouchPad due to a bug in webOS 3.0. As soon as it is fixed, an update will reactivate this app-level preference.

I'll look into an album-level preference and the blacklist feature as well. Thanks for the suggestions!
    I was looking at that link, thanks. Though I'm not sure how much hope I should hold out for HP to fix a bug that's already been out for a year for a OS they've semi abandoned. Is there any way to implement these scaling features via image borders or using open-source image libraries? This is more of a general question than a request, as I know its a fair bit more complex than using the in-os option.
  16. Cha
    I'm having the problem with the image stopping changing, too. It can be fixed by stopping and restarting the app, but I would love a fix. Oh, and its not on the Touchstone since I don't have one.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalker6705 View Post
    I was looking at that link, thanks. Though I'm not sure how much hope I should hold out for HP to fix a bug that's already been out for a year for a OS they've semi abandoned. Is there any way to implement these scaling features via image borders or using open-source image libraries? This is more of a general question than a request, as I know its a fair bit more complex than using the in-os option.
    We haven't discovered a feasible alternative yet, but we'll be happy to look at any suggestions you have.

I'm having the problem with the image stopping changing, too. It can be fixed by stopping and restarting the app, but I would love a fix. Oh, and its not on the Touchstone since I don't have one.
    Which version of webOS are you running? Is there a specific photo that it always stops on or always stops after? Does it always stop after a certain amount of time? Do you notice other issues at the same time - like getting a Too Many Cards error?
    Thanks for this app! Just purchased it based on the reviews and it's a great app. Been using Switcharoo for the longest on my Pre minus (still do) but local pics not being supported on the Switcharoo lite HD was bugging me so I'm glad I bought this app for my Touchpad. It's a great app and works perfectly with images that are scaled for the Touchpad. I see the bug still exists in WebOS 3.0 but it's all good (scaling parameters issue).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  19. Cha
    Running webOS 3.0.2. It doesn't stop on the same photo. No other errors are popping up. It may be after specific time. I'm not sure. If it is its maybe 20 minutes.
    I'm sharing two folders with about 1700 images.
  20.    #40  
    Running webOS 3.0.2. It doesn't stop on the same photo. No other errors are popping up. It may be after specific time. I'm not sure. If it is its maybe 20 minutes.
    I'm sharing two folders with about 1700 images.
    Okay, thanks for the feedback. We're taking a look at this and will see if we can track down the issue.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast