1.    #1  
    Pane Free is now available in the App Catalog.

Version 0.8.8 is currently available.

Fixed: Minor bugs

Pane Free is a windowpane view of your current wallpaper. Run it and leave it open to keep a (nearly) clear view of your beautiful background wallpaper without needing to constantly dismiss all your cards.
    • Tap on the main screen to switch between No Notifications and With Notifications mode.

Use Preferences to control how and when Pane Free will try to match the wallpaper:
    • If you keep a static wallpaper, use Manual mode.
    • If you use an automatic wallpaper switching app (like Slide RSS), use Card View or Card/App View mode to automatically match to the changing wallpaper.

You can also set Preferences to adjust the startup default mode (No Notifications or With Notifications) and to make manual adjustments.
    • Currently optimized for v1.4.5 and v2.0.1.
    • With manual adjustments, optimize it for yourself on any other software version.

Available for: Palm Pre, Palm Pixi
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by appsotutely; 06/01/2011 at 11:06 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Changelog for Pane Free:

v0.8.8 (05/22/2011):

v0.8.6 (05/09/2011):

v0.8.4 (02/22/2011):

v0.8.0 (02/18/2011):
    Fixed: Relaunch logic
    Added: New preference for Use Dashboard (for use With Notifications mode)

v0.7.4 (01/28/2011):
    Initial release!
    Last edited by appsotutely; 06/01/2011 at 11:07 AM.
    Ok I'm not sure what this is related to....but I currently run Warlord's Blue Theme, and I opened up Clear Card and Pane Free at the same time and then my phone kinda flipped out (just the main background of the theme) and I'm not sure what the culprit is. Here's a screenshot:

I will also forward this to Warlord and see what he makes of it
    I have done full device restarts and it's still looking like this.
    Last edited by sledge007; 02/19/2011 at 02:48 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4.    #4  
    That would be the calibration wallpaper for Pane Free, which should only appear if you go into Preferences and switch the "Adjustment Mode" to "Show". Your original wallpaper should be restored whenever you either "Hide" the "Adjustment Mode" or exit the app. However, if you did start up multiple apps that interact with the Wallpaper, it's possible that the restore of your original wallpaper could not complete.

If you can remember the exact order of the steps you took to get into this condition, please post them and we'll try to replicate the issue.

In the meantime, are you able to set the wallpaper from any other app (like "Photos" or "Screen & Lock")?
    Thanks for that I actually just figured it out and came back here to report and saw your post Nice app....some crappy comments in the reviews section in the app catalog because people have no idea what this "useless" app is for I know some dev's can't read their own reviews for whatever reason so I'll forward a couple of them

These comments are made CLEARLY by people that have no clue:

Anon: Sux *** !!!-_-

Latasha H: Freakin pointless app I hate it

Anon: I'm agreeing with Malannie on this... This App is really stupid I feel you gurl!!!! LikeWTF??!! Is this supposed to do? I can do everything this app does with out this App.... If you want to see your screen in desktop top modd clear you F******screen.... I mean hello!! Be smart people. Be smart...

Demetry G: What is the point of an app like this? If you close all cards you get a clear view of the desktop. Plus some extra battery life. I know someone below said Melanie was an ***** but seriousely, if you want desktop view, just close all cards.

Anyways....the spelling is replicated exact...those aren't my spelling mistakes .
    Good job...one benefit, I suppose of already having Clear Card, is now I can have 2 clear cards open if I have 5 - 10 cards open, not so far to the nearest clear card
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for your kind review! Those bad reviews seem somewhat unavoidable for free apps, but at least they're sometimes good for unintentional comedy.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    A feature request I would like to add for this and other transparent card apps is to be able to refresh the cached view of the wallpaper for use with 'live' backgrounds used by apps like Weatherman. What I see right now is that the card will take the current view of the background at launch, but won't keep up with the frequent changes from Weatherman, leaving it out of date. The first one to do this will earn my purchase.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGP View Post
    A feature request I would like to add for this and other transparent card apps is to be able to refresh the cached view of the wallpaper for use with 'live' backgrounds used by apps like Weatherman. What I see right now is that the card will take the current view of the background at launch, but won't keep up with the frequent changes from Weatherman, leaving it out of date. The first one to do this will earn my purchase.
    Our new app Multi Pane should do the trick. It was tested against Weatherman 2 Free.

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Ok I'm not sure what this is related to....but I currently run Warlord's Blue Theme, and I opened up Clear Card and Pane Free at the same time.
    Thanks to your inspired use of both Pane Free and Clear Card, we added the ability to open up multiple cards in Multi Pane.
  9.    #9  
    Are there any further features that we could add to Pane Free or to Multi Pane?
    Pane Free isn't available in the HP App Catalog using my HP Pre 3. Is that normal ?
    If not, is it possible to adapt this "seems-to-be-fantastic" app to the Pre 3 ?

Multi-Pane is in the Catalog, but I don't need all those "Premium Features" .

If Free Pane is discontinued for Pre 3 (or not updated), then I'd understand it. Might be too much work for a phone only a few people have.

edit : That's a HUGE bump, I know, I know... !
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by guillaumeiii View Post
    Pane Free isn't available in the HP App Catalog using my HP Pre 3. Is that normal ?
    If not, is it possible to adapt this "seems-to-be-fantastic" app to the Pre 3 ?

Multi-Pane is in the Catalog, but I don't need all those "Premium Features" .

If Free Pane is discontinued for Pre 3 (or not updated), then I'd understand it. Might be too much work for a phone only a few people have.

edit : That's a HUGE bump, I know, I know... !
    Sorry, but only MultiPane will be kept updated with respect to any newer devices.
    I just caught that bit about my using both ClearCard and PaneFree

On a side note, I found a picture the other day that I thought might be suitable, in this circumstance

Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Sorry, but only MultiPane will be kept updated with respect to any newer devices.
    Ok thank you for such a quick answer. Might buy Multi-Pane then...!

PS : ZOMBYYYY!