Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Slide RSS is available now in the App Catalog.

Version 1.4.8 is currently available.

Added: Pan & Zoom Transition
    Fixed: Photo Downloading bugfixes
    Changed: Default Feeds listing

Added: Local Photos integration for webOS 2.0+ users
    Added: Exhibition Mode integration for webOS 2.1+ users
    Added: Full Pre3 & TouchPad compatibility

Slide RSS (or Sliderss, if you like) turns your phone into a constantly changing digital photo frame. It provides you with a slideshow of photos, sourced from any number of Media RSS feeds.
    • Add any Media RSS feed or add the default samples from Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket, FoxSaver, and others.
    • Tap & drag to reorder your feeds or swipe to delete any feed.
    • Watch any feed as a standalone slideshow or watch any combination of feeds.
    • Quickly and easily set a playlist of your favorite photos.
    • Randomize with a quick shake.
    • Flick left to go backward or flick right to go forward in the slideshow.
    • Flick up to hide the current photo from the slideshow.

Tap to pause the slideshow and enter Pan & Zoom mode:
    • Double-tap or pinch/unpinch to zoom into the current photo.

Access the submenu for additional features:
    • Hide, to remove the current photo from the slideshow playlist.
    • Save, to keep the current photo from being deleted.
    • Pick any JPG or PNG photo to use as your Wallpaper - you can Center it, Zoom it, Stretch it, or Crop it any way you like.
    • Send an email with any photo and include info about the photo and the RSS feed.
    • Send an MMS with any JPG photo and include info about the RSS feed.

Additional features:
    • Autorotate your wallpaper. Pick a feed or set a playlist of your favorites.
    • Autoload the last running slideshow. Just end the program while in that slideshow.
    • Auto Update your feeds on a schedule.
    • Adjust the type of transition, the amount of time between the photos, and the order of the photos.
    • Add titles for the photo or the feed, and choose how the photos are displayed (centered, zoomed, or stretched).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by appsotutely; 07/06/2012 at 01:01 PM.
    morydees and ashi like this.
  2.    #2  
    Changelog for Slide RSS:

v1.4.8 (7/5/2012):
    Fixed: Styling fixes

v1.4.4 (1/5/2012):
    Added: Pan & Zoom Transition

v1.4.0 (11/18/2011):
    Fixed: Exhibition & Slideshow handling on Pre3

v1.3.8 (10/12/2011):
    Fixed: Exhibition & Slideshow handling of auto-updates

v1.3.6 (9/14/2011):
    Added: Fullscreen slideshow preference; Go to Photo option
    Updated: UI tweaks
    Fixed: Zoom mode; Picasa handling

v1.3.4 (8/31/2011):
    Added: Pre3 Compatibility.

v1.3.2 (8/16/2011):
    Added: Preference for Shake to Randomize feature.

v1.2.8 (7/5/2011):
    Fixed: TouchPad-related display and functionality issues.

v1.2.6 (6/30/2011):
    Added: TouchPad support, back-swipe functionality via Header Bar tap.

v1.2.4 (6/28/2011):
    Fixed: Local Image handling, Dock Mode options

v1.2.0 (6/20/2011):
    Fixed: 500px processing

v1.1.8 (6/10/2011):
    Fixed: Local Permissions, Read and Process Errors
    Added: Save to Favorites
    Added: Immediate rotation on Set Wallpaper activation

v1.1.6 (5/22/2011):
    Added: Support for 500px feeds

v1.1.4 (5/10/2011):
    Added: Local Photos integration for webOS 2.0+ users
    Added: Exhibition Mode integration for webOS 2.1+ users

v1.0.2 (2/20/2011):
    Optimized: Feed Handling.

v1.0.0 (11/29/2010):
    Fixed: EarthShots address update.
    Optimized: Slideshow Menu operation.

v0.9.8 (11/08/2010):
    Optimized: Wallpaper Rotation routine.
    Optimized: Feed Handling change to process more RSS feed types.

v0.9.6 (10/29/2010):
    Added: New automatic wallpaper rotation feature with associated preferences.
    Optimized: Additional feeds types are now recognized.

v0.9.4 (10/19/2010):
    Optimized: Refresh routine

v0.9.2 (10/11/2010):
    Added: New preference for automatically reloading the last playing slideshow.
    Optimized: Re-download features for individual feeds and for all feeds.

v0.9.0 (10/07/2010):
    Added: Options to immediately remove a picture from the currently playing slideshow.
    Modified: Send via email, MMS formatting.

v0.8.8 (10/04/2010):
    Added: Send via email, MMS options.

v0.8.6 (09/28/2010):
    Added: New Set Playlist function allows user to specify which photos to show for a particular slideshow.

v0.8.2 (09/23/2010):
    Added: Metrix to gather user statistics.

v0.7.8 (09/02/2010):
    Optimized: Slideshow Picture Quality.

v0.7.6 (08/22/2010):
    Added: New Slideshow viewing options (Pan/Zoom mode).
    Added: New Set Wallpaper option (Crop As Shown).
    Optimized: Feed Handling change to remove items that can't currently be downloaded.

v0.7.2 (08/08/2010):
    Added: New Slideshow viewing options (Center, Zoom, Stretch).
    Added: New Default Feeds.
    Added: New Version Update notification.
    Optimized: Feed Handling change to process more RSS feed types.
    Optimized: Feed Handling change to allows for thumbnails when full size links are unavailable.

v0.7.0 (08/02/2010):
    Added: Slideshow Flick to go forward/back
    Added: Auto Updates to schedule automatic updates of your feeds.
    Added: Help page to provide how to information.
    Optimized: Downloading behavior recognizes and optimizes for wifi versus data connections.

v0.6.2 (07/22/2010):
    Added: New Set Wallpaper option (Center, Zoom, Stretch).
    Optimized: Better manages downloading behavior.

v0.6.0 (07/15/2010):
    Initial Release!
    Last edited by appsotutely; 07/06/2012 at 01:02 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Our latest revision adds support for local photos (requires webOS 2.0 and above) and for Exhibition mode (requires webOS 2.1 and above).
    Is this the right place to make feature requests?

Images in Landscape are very small to watch if the device is in Portraitmodus and vice versa. Would it be possible to filter the images and show only the ones with the correct aspect ratio according to the current device orientation?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by konus View Post
    Is this the right place to make feature requests?

Images in Landscape are very small to watch if the device is in Portraitmodus and vice versa. Would it be possible to filter the images and show only the ones with the correct aspect ratio according to the current device orientation?
    This would be the place and thank you for the suggestion!

Are you looking to draw the line only at the square picture ratio (1+:1 show in landscape mode; 1:1+ show in portrait mode) or would you want it more configurable like up to x% black bars is acceptable?
    No it shold just work as a simple orientation filter. Photos with a ratio 1:1 should be shown in both orientations. Landscape only in landscape orientation and portrait vice versa.

Maybe the app should show a warning, if there are no photos left after filtering and ask the user if he wants to remove the filter (or he turns the device).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by konus; 06/02/2011 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Some small clarifications
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    This would be the place and thank you for the suggestion!

Are you looking to draw the line only at the square picture ratio (1+:1 show in landscape mode; 1:1+ show in portrait mode) or would you want it more configurable like up to x% black bars is acceptable?
    +1 - I really like this idea!
    I have a problem with local albums: On my pre there are three local albums containing photos. The first one is an album named "Wallpaper2" and it contains 204 photos.

After adding the local albums to Slide RSS, the program starts to import the photos from this directory, but never finishes it. It stopps around 88 from 204 photos. Even after closing and restarting the application, the wheel is still spinning. Unfortunately, now _all_ feeds (even the rss-feeds) have stopped updating.

If I hit the reload button in the feed view, only the local album wallpaper2 is updated and might show a other count (i.e. 118) now. The only way to solve the problem is to

Could there be something like an buffer overflow in SlideRSS if there are to many images in a local directory?
  9.    #9  
    I have a problem with local albums: On my pre there are three local albums containing photos. The first one is an album named "Wallpaper2" and it contains 204 photos.

After adding the local albums to Slide RSS, the program starts to import the photos from this directory, but never finishes it. It stopps around 88 from 204 photos. Even after closing and restarting the application, the wheel is still spinning. Unfortunately, now _all_ feeds (even the rss-feeds) have stopped updating.

If I hit the reload button in the feed view, only the local album wallpaper2 is updated and might show a other count (i.e. 118) now. The only way to solve the problem is to

Could there be something like an buffer overflow in SlideRSS if there are to many images in a local directory?
    There could be a couple of reasons that the app gets "stuck". A corrupted photo file or a filename with an unexpected character are possibilities. Can you check in the stock Photos app to see if it identifies 204 photos for that album as well? If you use Preware and don't mind sending me some log information, installing Lumberjack will allow you to pull the error log which you can PM or email to me (you can use the "Send an Email" menu option).
    I renamed all pictures to a counting number and now it works flawless. One of the filename was actually "!.jpg" [ashamed]

Thank you for your fast help! I like SlideRSS even more.
  11.    #11  
    I renamed all pictures to a counting number and now it works flawless. One of the filename was actually "!.jpg" [ashamed]

Thanks for spotting the issue! I'll take a look and try to code around that possibility.
  12.    #12  

After further research, it seems that the issue is with "#" or "?". Can you confirm if you had any files named with either of those characters?

A fix will be out shortly, but in case anyone's having issues with the Local Photos feature, check to make sure that neither the folder names nor the photos themselves have either of these characters.

Also coming soon will be a couple of improvements:
    • Wallpaper Rotation will begin as soon as you set it (and return to the Feeds screen)
    • Option to save a Favorite RSS photo (so you'll always have it even after it drops off the RSS feed)
    The foldername did not contain any special characters. Unfortunately I did not keep a copy of the old filenames, stupid me.

But it could be possible. All of the pictures where wallpapers, downloaded from this thread and from this website

One other question: does slideRSS+ already support landscape orientation in the exhibition mode? (without the desired orientation-filter) I am only able to use the landscape mode if I start the app manually.
  14.    #14  
    One other question: does slideRSS+ already support landscape orientation in the exhibition mode? (without the desired orientation-filter) I am only able to use the landscape mode if I start the app manually.
    Unfortunately, Exhibition Mode does not currently support any orientation other than portrait, so yes, you'll have to manually start the app if you want to use it in landscape orientation.
    Last edited by appsotutely; 06/10/2011 at 09:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Unfortunately, Exhibition Mode does not currently support any orientation other than portrait, so yes, you'll have to manually start the app if you want to use it landscape orientation.
    Oh, I did not know about this, what a pity.
  16.    #16  
    TouchPad support is in the latest 1.2.6 version. Please provide feedback if you're able to try it on the TouchPad!
    I still would like the idea of the orientation filter. Could you add this function to the app, even if exhibition does not support different orientations at the moment?
    I still would like the idea of the orientation filter. Could you add this function to the app, even if exhibition does not support different orientations at the moment?
  19.    #19  
    The orientation filter is on the development roadmap, but there's no target implementation date right now. With the TouchPad's release, there are adjustments required of all the apps that have taken precedence.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I guess this falls in the catagory of a feature request: I'd like to be able to disable the shake to randomize feature. I use Slide RSS on a Touchstone in the car and the slightest bump or even a curve can cause the slide show to re-randomize. That in and of itself isn't a big deal, but the frequent display of the notification gets annoying.

Thanks,
    dj
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast