Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Richtropolis View Post
    Certainly. I'm in slideshow mode, and I'm simply scrolling from one picture to another. Currently, my album has approximately 200 photos, all of which are less than 1mb each. They are all basically electronic copies of sheet music. Nothing fancy or of super high resolution and quality.
    We're putting the finishing touches on our next update and have made some changes to how we handle the transitions, so please provide additional feedback when the update becomes available. Changes will include:
    • Fix for Picasa albums
    • Fix for Zoom mode slideshows
    • Add Fullscreen slideshow preference
    • Add Go to Photo option (lets you specify a page number to jump to directly)
    • Update to the UI to be cleaner and more consistent
    Quote Originally Posted by jstarko0329 View Post
    Is it possible to have the slide show be completely fullscreen while playing? I would like to hide the status bar at the top of the screen on my touchpad, however I'm not aware of that functionality. Is that possible? If so, this app would be completely perfect for my uses.
    Can I just add a +1 for this feature. Having the status bar there stops this being the perfect digital picture frame app.

Other than that its awesome!

EDIT: ITs coming in the next iteration? YES!
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergtreble View Post
    Can I just add a +1 for this feature. Having the status bar there stops this being the perfect digital picture frame app.

Other than that its awesome!

EDIT: ITs coming in the next iteration? YES!
    Yes, the next update has been submitted and should hopefully be available within a week!

Also, just to be clear, the fullscreen slideshow will only available in the regular app's slideshow. The Exhibition Mode slideshow will continue to show the top bar. We tried, but there doesn't appear to be any way to override the Exhibition Mode's top bar. If you are actively using the app mode slideshow though, it will block the usual device timeout, so you shouldn't have to worry about your device slipping unexpectedly into Exhibition Mode.
    I just purchased this program and I can't get it to display any local photos. I have facebook photos downloaded on my touchpad that I want to use for a slideshow and it shows it is loading on each feed and never finishes. It won't display any photos.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by goldberg28115 View Post
    I just purchased this program and I can't get it to display any local photos. I have facebook photos downloaded on my touchpad that I want to use for a slideshow and it shows it is loading on each feed and never finishes. It won't display any photos.
    The first time through, it may take quite a while to load all the data for all your photos. How many albums and how many photos do you have when you look at them through the stock Photos app? If it looks like it crashed, you can also exit the app completely (throw away both the card and the notification that pops up), and then restart the app and tap the refresh button. We're still working on optimizing the loading of local photos, but if you do have a thousand or more photos, it will take a while to fully load.
    will this pull in pictures I have on stored on a picasaweb account?
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by jason.brown@aa.com View Post
    will this pull in pictures I have on stored on a picasaweb account?
    Yes, this will work with the RSS feed link you can generally find in the bottom right corner of any Picasa Web Albums page. The feed should look similar to:
    Code:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/data/feed/base/featured?alt=rss&kind=photo&access=public&slabel=featured
    I am also trying to setup the program for Picasa Albums. Will I need a different RSS feed for each album? Or is there a way to setup up Slide RSS so it will add each album existing and future/new?
    If I can pull in all my photos from all my albums, is there a way to that as one feed per album (so I can disable feeds as I deem necessary) or is it all or nothing - unless I add each individually?
    Thanks!
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by JBellLion View Post
    I am also trying to setup the program for Picasa Albums. Will I need a different RSS feed for each album? Or is there a way to setup up Slide RSS so it will add each album existing and future/new?
    If I can pull in all my photos from all my albums, is there a way to that as one feed per album (so I can disable feeds as I deem necessary) or is it all or nothing - unless I add each individually?
    Thanks!
    There is a different feed for each album. Feeds can even be set up from search queries, so you could create feeds that feature your own particular search parameters or particular tags. There may be a "recent" feed to get you all the most recent photos regardless of which album they go into - that would be a feed that could cross multiple albums, but there is always a distinct feed available for each separate album as well.

There's no way to automatically pull in all existing and/or new albums because the app wasn't designed to sign into anyone's particular Picasa account. There are apps that are devoted specifically to Picasa if that's a critical feature for your use.

You can easily enable/disable any feed at any time by tapping on the stats at the left or the right of each line to bring up the context menu. Also, since you'll need to enter each feed separately, you can also "swipe to delete" any feed if you no longer want it visible at all within the app.
    First off, I like the app, its pretty nice. However, me and my roomate are both having problems syncing with our picasa rss feeds... I mean most of them work fine, but a couple albums will either add doubles of pictures, or not add some, or the thumbnails are wrong...and one even looked majorly graphically corrupted (but appeared fine online in picasa)...no odd characters are used in the names, no weird settings or filetypes, so I'm not sure how to fix this? Tried redownloading pics, erasing feed and re-adding, etc, to no avail. Any solutions? Also, slideshow acts pretty buggy often, just showing a black screen until i tap it again (happens in exhibition too).
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmenot View Post
    First off, I like the app, its pretty nice. However, me and my roomate are both having problems syncing with our picasa rss feeds... I mean most of them work fine, but a couple albums will either add doubles of pictures, or not add some, or the thumbnails are wrong...and one even looked majorly graphically corrupted (but appeared fine online in picasa)...no odd characters are used in the names, no weird settings or filetypes, so I'm not sure how to fix this? Tried redownloading pics, erasing feed and re-adding, etc, to no avail. Any solutions? Also, slideshow acts pretty buggy often, just showing a black screen until i tap it again (happens in exhibition too).
    Please use the "Send An Email" link in the menu to send us the details about your feeds and we'll try to debug from there.
    I have a question about multiple feeds to select photos for the wallpaper playlist. Basically, I would like to add photos from the Picasa feed and my local folder to show in the same wallpaper playlist, for example, but each time I select photos from either one or the other feed, the selection from the previous feeds disappear. How can I select photos from multiple feeds or multiple local albums for my wallpaper playlist, and if this is not possible, do you foresee the issue being addressed in a future update? Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by eagle94; 09/18/2011 at 08:51 AM.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle94 View Post
    I have a question about multiple feeds to select photos for the wallpaper playlist. Basically, I would like to add photos from the Picasa feed and my local folder to show in the same wallpaper playlist, for example, but each time I select photos from either one or the other feed, the selection from the previous feeds disappear. How can I select photos from multiple feeds or multiple local albums for my wallpaper playlist, and if this is not possible, do you foresee the issue being addressed in a future update? Thanks a lot!
    There's currently only indirect support for multiple albums through the "All" feed. If you tap on the "All" feed stats (left-side or right-side), it will bring you to the "Set Slideshow Playlist". Tap the right-arrow on the right side of the header and it will bring you to the "Set Wallpaper Playlist". Here you can tap to select just the photos that you want to use for the Wallpaper feature. When you tap the "Back" (button on the left side of the header) to go back to the Feeds list, you'll see the brownish Wallpaper highlight only on the "All" feed.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    This is an app I'd like to get working, but initially I didn't have much luck.

It's difficult to paste in a url from Picasa RSS feed because the url field doesn't allow Paste until you type something and then select it to replace it. Once you have pasted in a long url, it shows only the end of it and you can't scroll to edit.

When I did finally get a url pasted from my Picasa album's RSS link field, Slide RSS tells me that it's not a valid Media RSS feed. Funny, that link seems to work with my other photo RSS clients. But following the slim guidance above in this thread, I finally got a link that works, and it seems to be running ok. I'm looking forward to experimenting with it.
    Last edited by Semma2; 09/30/2011 at 06:45 PM.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    This is an app I'd like to get working, but initially I didn't have much luck.

It's difficult to paste in a url from Picasa RSS feed because the url field doesn't allow Paste until you type something and then select it to replace it. Once you have pasted in a long url, it shows only the end of it and you can't scroll to edit.

When I did finally get a url pasted from my Picasa album's RSS link field, Slide RSS tells me that it's not a valid Media RSS feed. Funny, that link seems to work with my other photo RSS clients. But following the slim guidance above in this thread, I finally got a link that works, and it seems to be running ok. I'm looking forward to experimenting with it.
    Feel free to send us an email with any feeds that don't seem to be working. If it's on a known working site, it's more than likely to be a typo, but there are sometimes conditions that we haven't encountered before which may require a coding fix. It's probably easiest to bring up the RSS address on a desktop browser, and then type in the RSS feed address (carefully) from that. If you're using this on a phone device, you can press and hold the orange/silver Option key and then drag anywhere on the screen to move the cursor around. We'll take a look and see if there are some better alternatives for this, especially for TouchPad users.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Feel free to send us an email with any feeds that don't seem to be working. If it's on a known working site, it's more than likely to be a typo, but there are sometimes conditions that we haven't encountered before which may require a coding fix. It's probably easiest to bring up the RSS address on a desktop browser, and then type in the RSS feed address (carefully) from that. If you're using this on a phone device, you can press and hold the orange/silver Option key and then drag anywhere on the screen to move the cursor around. We'll take a look and see if there are some better alternatives for this, especially for TouchPad users.
    The problem with the url I think was that the TouchPad browser won't display RSS links, and it doesn't provide any easy way to copy them, making it very difficult to copy a long url accurately. I finally copied the RSS link on my notebook and emailed it to the TouchPad.

I'm finding the options I want, and I like that there are notifications when an album feed has been updated with fresh photos.

Now my problem is that Slide RSS won't "stick" as the current Exhibition mode app. Other Exhibition mode apps like Accuweather and Glimpse stick just fine, but when the TouchPad exits Exhibition mode with Slide RSS, it always reverts back to the Time display as the default Exhibition mode app.
  17.    #57  
    Now my problem is that Slide RSS won't "stick" as the current Exhibition mode app. Other Exhibition mode apps like Accuweather and Glimpse stick just fine, but when the TouchPad exits Exhibition mode with Slide RSS, it always reverts back to the Time display as the default Exhibition mode app.
    To get it to stick in Exhibition, pause the Exhibition Slideshow, use the menu to go to Exhibition Settings, and turn off "Close on Exit Exhibition". Any app that "sticks" in Exhibition is actually continuing to run in the background, just like an open card. This option lets you force it close whenever you leave Exhibition. However, if you don't have any memory issues, then you can turn the setting off and then Slide RSS will be able to "stick".
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    That did the trick, thanks. It's working very nicely for me.

A few more questions:

It would be nice if I could select multiple feeds to show in Exhibition mode by putting a check mark next to the ones I want. It seems to be limited to one feed or All. Any way to do that? In normal mode I can do that more or less by disabling feeds individually, although that takes more steps than just check-marking.

I miss the old Framechannel service for my Kodak photo frame (now out of business) that would combine multiple RSS news feeds into a Photo RSS stream. I checked to confirm, but it looks like Slide RSS can't handle text RSS news feeds, only those that send photos. Are there any examples of a news RSS feed that sends a photo RSS stream compatible with Slide RSS?
  19.    #59  
    It would be nice if I could select multiple feeds to show in Exhibition mode by putting a check mark next to the ones I want. It seems to be limited to one feed or All. Any way to do that? In normal mode I can do that more or less by disabling feeds individually, although that takes more steps than just check-marking.
    The checkmark idea is an excellent suggestion. We'll take a look at possibly implementing that. In the meantime, the "All" option is only for the "Enabled" feeds, so if you change your list of "Enabled" feeds in the main app mode, it will be reflected in what goes into the "All" feed both in the main app mode and in Exhibition mode.

I miss the old Framechannel service for my Kodak photo frame (now out of business) that would combine multiple RSS news feeds into a Photo RSS stream. I checked to confirm, but it looks like Slide RSS can't handle text RSS news feeds, only those that send photos. Are there any examples of a news RSS feed that sends a photo RSS stream compatible with Slide RSS?
    I'm not aware of any text RSS feeds that output their stories as photos.
    Fantastic app! I could not find an app that was anywhere close to being as refined as this one for my Touchpad.

Ars there any plans on working in the ability to use feeds that have videos in them? I have many photos feeding to my Touchpad but I would love the ability to add in an occasional video as well.

YouTube and Video have RSS feeds and I tried both of my personal feeds but neither worked :-(
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast