Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolden View Post
    I guess this falls in the catagory of a feature request: I'd like to be able to disable the shake to randomize feature. I use Slide RSS on a Touchstone in the car and the slightest bump or even a curve can cause the slide show to re-randomize. That in and of itself isn't a big deal, but the frequent display of the notification gets annoying.

Thanks,
    dj
    The shake can be a bit twitchy, can't it? This should be fairly simple to add a preference for, so look for it in the next version. Thanks for the suggestion!
  2.    #22  
    An update to add the Shake preference was submitted and has been awaiting approval.
    love the app, is it possible to make a stand alone app for local pics as wallpaper only?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I've tried all three settings and can't seem to get pics to fill the screen with the wallpaper function, even though those same pics fill the screen in a slideshow . . . Ideas?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    love the app, is it possible to make a stand alone app for local pics as wallpaper only?
    Certainly! It's called Wall Switch and it's already available! Keep in mind that it only runs on devices running at least webOS 2.0.

You can check out Adam's PreCentral App Review for it as well.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    I've tried all three settings and can't seem to get pics to fill the screen with the wallpaper function, even though those same pics fill the screen in a slideshow . . . Ideas?
    You are seeing this behavior only on the TouchPad correct? This is a webOS 3.0 bug and will be automatically fixed when HP fixes the bug in their service.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Certainly! It's called Wall Switch and it's already available! Keep in mind that it only runs on devices running at least webOS 2.0.

You can check out Adam's PreCentral App Review for it as well.
    Its not there in TP app catalog
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Its not there in TP app catalog
    An update is coming to make it available to the TouchPad App Catalog soon.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolden View Post
    I guess this falls in the catagory of a feature request: I'd like to be able to disable the shake to randomize feature. I use Slide RSS on a Touchstone in the car and the slightest bump or even a curve can cause the slide show to re-randomize. That in and of itself isn't a big deal, but the frequent display of the notification gets annoying.

Thanks,
    dj
    A new preference was added in the latest update and that update is now available.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by konus View Post
    No it shold just work as a simple orientation filter. Photos with a ratio 1:1 should be shown in both orientations. Landscape only in landscape orientation and portrait vice versa.

Maybe the app should show a warning, if there are no photos left after filtering and ask the user if he wants to remove the filter (or he turns the device).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I really like this idea for an orientation filter. I can imagine my touchpad docked and displaying photos 90% of the time. I might turn it once in awhile to get landscape or portrait. Occasionally, I'll grab it for a web search, email, etc.
    Thanks for pointing me to this app in the other thread. Forgive me if this is a dumb question, I'm at work and don't have my Touchpad to test. Am I able to view an album of locally stored images (ordered by name) at my own pace or are they forced into a 'slideshow'? Essentially, say I'm reading a comic book, with pages 01.jpg, 02.jpg, 03.jpg etc. Am I able to load up that album filled with images that are sequential and just flip through them at my own pace?
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by arbywon View Post
    I really like this idea for an orientation filter. I can imagine my touchpad docked and displaying photos 90% of the time. I might turn it once in awhile to get landscape or portrait. Occasionally, I'll grab it for a web search, email, etc.
    This is still being considered, but there are some bugfixes being worked on ahead of new features.

Quote Originally Posted by sirotan View Post
    Thanks for pointing me to this app in the other thread. Forgive me if this is a dumb question, I'm at work and don't have my Touchpad to test. Am I able to view an album of locally stored images (ordered by name) at my own pace or are they forced into a 'slideshow'? Essentially, say I'm reading a comic book, with pages 01.jpg, 02.jpg, 03.jpg etc. Am I able to load up that album filled with images that are sequential and just flip through them at my own pace?
    To view fullscreen, you'll need to use the Slideshow, but you can configure the interval to be in minutes if you wish and then just swipe forwards or backwards at your own pace. You can also pause the Slideshow at any time with a tap on the screen, which puts it into the Pan & Zoom mode.

There isn't currently a way to jump to a particular photo in a consecutive sequence which might be useful in your case. You could go into the "Set Playlist" mode and quickly hide all pages you've already read to start the Slideshow where you last left off. You can also achieve this in Slideshow mode by swiping up as you finish reading a page (this is an alternate method for hiding a picture from the playlist). How many photos are usually in a comic book?
    Is it possible to have the slide show be completely fullscreen while playing? I would like to hide the status bar at the top of the screen on my touchpad, however I'm not aware of that functionality. Is that possible? If so, this app would be completely perfect for my uses.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by jstarko0329 View Post
    Is it possible to have the slide show be completely fullscreen while playing? I would like to hide the status bar at the top of the screen on my touchpad, however I'm not aware of that functionality. Is that possible? If so, this app would be completely perfect for my uses.
    It's definitely possible, and I'll see if we can add it. On the phone, all you have to do is use any other orientation other than regular portrait and the slideshow will go fullscreen automatically, but on the tablet, we'll need to force it.
    Amazing app, this is functionality that should have come factory with the Touchpad!

Thanks for referring me here in my "how to get full-screen wallpaper switching in Exhibition" thread. Was pleasantly surprised to find it does a whole lot more than that and does it well.

Also, consider me another vote for hiding the status bar for full screen. That'll seal the deal!
    Great app.
    However, I suddenly am unable to view my picasa albums in this app. This worked until very recently.

Here is the link I am using:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/data/fe...&access=public

For example: https://picasaweb.google.com/data/fe...&access=public

Can you help?
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by urig View Post
    Great app.
    However, I suddenly am unable to view my picasa albums in this app. This worked until very recently.

Here is the link I am using:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/data/fe...&access=public

For example: https://picasaweb.google.com/data/fe...&access=public

Can you help?
    Yes, I was able to review your email about your specific albums and discovered a bug in our code. It doesn't affect all Picasa feeds, but it does unfortunately affect your feeds. The bugfix will be in the next revision update, but be aware that the time for the approval review process has been relatively lengthy recently, so it will probably be about two weeks before this becomes available.

The next revision will include several bugfixes and some of the requested features like the Fullscreen preference for the Slideshow.
    Hi, fantastic app. I'm using it place of HP's proprietary Photo & Video App since it's all sorts of screwed up after the latest update. The only issue I have with Slide RSS is the speed of the scrolling between images in my photo albums. It's a lot slower and sluggish compared to the native TouchPad scrolling.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Richtropolis View Post
    Hi, fantastic app. I'm using it place of HP's proprietary Photo & Video App since it's all sorts of screwed up after the latest update. The only issue I have with Slide RSS is the speed of the scrolling between images in my photo albums. It's a lot slower and sluggish compared to the native TouchPad scrolling.
    Thanks for the compliment. Can you elaborate on the "speed of the scrolling"? Are you in the slideshow mode? Or are you talking about the Playlist screens? Can you provide some statistics about how many photos you have in your albums and how big the photo files are on average?
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Thanks for the compliment. Can you elaborate on the "speed of the scrolling"? Are you in the slideshow mode? Or are you talking about the Playlist screens? Can you provide some statistics about how many photos you have in your albums and how big the photo files are on average?
    Certainly. I'm in slideshow mode, and I'm simply scrolling from one picture to another. Currently, my album has approximately 200 photos, all of which are less than 1mb each. They are all basically electronic copies of sheet music. Nothing fancy or of super high resolution and quality.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast