1.    #1  
    I bought Squeeze Control XL for my Touchpad several weeks ago and it has worked brilliantly...until today. It was more dependable and responsive than the Squeezebox Controller that came with my Squeezebox Duet--I loved XL...until now. Now every time I try to start it on my Touchpad, I get a very unspecific "Connection Error" message. What is the error? It can't connect to the player? The server?? WHAT??? I haven't changed anything on any part of my entire system, but all of a sudden whenever I try to start Squeezebox Control XL on my Touchpad, that's all it tells me: "Connection Error." It also gives me three options: 1) Retry, 2) Use Squeezebox.com, or 3) Cancel. I want to use the server on my PC--which has worked great for weeks now--but what's with the "Connection Error?" I'm running server version 7.7.1 and it's worked fine with Squeezebox XL on my Touchpad until now. What happened??? How can I fix it?????? I can control my player just fine from the server's web interface, but not with Squeezebox XL anymore. WHY!?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojagamap View Post
    I bought Squeeze Control XL for my Touchpad several weeks ago and it has worked brilliantly...until today. It was more dependable and responsive than the Squeezebox Controller that came with my Squeezebox Duet--I loved XL...until now. Now every time I try to start it on my Touchpad, I get a very unspecific "Connection Error" message. What is the error? It can't connect to the player? The server?? WHAT??? I haven't changed anything on any part of my entire system, but all of a sudden whenever I try to start Squeezebox Control XL on my Touchpad, that's all it tells me: "Connection Error." It also gives me three options: 1) Retry, 2) Use Squeezebox.com, or 3) Cancel. I want to use the server on my PC--which has worked great for weeks now--but what's with the "Connection Error?" I'm running server version 7.7.1 and it's worked fine with Squeezebox XL on my Touchpad until now. What happened??? How can I fix it?????? I can control my player just fine from the server's web interface, but not with Squeezebox XL anymore. WHY!?!?!?!
    The most likely cause is that the ip address of your server has changed. If your server is setup to have an address automatically assigned to it by the router, then that address can change over time.

Squeeze Control XL will only perform automatic server discovery when there are no servers already setup in the app.

If a server has already been setup in the app and the address of that server changes then you need to go into Preferences > Server. From there you can either press the Find Servers button or manually edit the server info by tapping on the server name.

BTW, if you download the latest update that was just released. The 'Connection Error' dialog now contains a Find Servers button and also more info about the problem.

Also I would suggest giving your Squeezebox Server a fixed ip address.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps