Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #41  
    Can Simpleclock be updated to display the current geographic location?
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by sTeeve View Post
    Can Simpleclock be updated to display the current geographic location?
    Yes that is planned for an upcoming update.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  3. #43  
    hi, I just got a pre3, updated it to the current os, and it won't let me download your app. The catalog states that it's not available for my model. Is an update coming? This is my favorite app to run in exhibition mode on my touchpad.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinst3in View Post
    hi, I just got a pre3, updated it to the current os, and it won't let me download your app. The catalog states that it's not available for my model. Is an update coming? This is my favorite app to run in exhibition mode on my touchpad.
    SimpleClock was specifically designed to utilize the large screen of the Touchpad, it really wouldn't work very well on the small screen of the Pre3. Currently I do not have any plans to make it work for the Pre3.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  5. #45  
    Simple clock is the absolute best clock for the touchPad! thank you thank you. I actually talked my husband into purchasing one for his touchpad as well. and he buys NOTHING LOL
    My question...is there a way to have a wallpaper background of our choice?
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by socaledwards View Post
    Simple clock is the absolute best clock for the touchPad! thank you thank you. I actually talked my husband into purchasing one for his touchpad as well. and he buys NOTHING LOL
    My question...is there a way to have a wallpaper background of our choice?
    Currently there is no way to change to background. I'm considering adding that feature to the next version.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    Currently there is no way to change to background. I'm considering adding that feature to the next version.
    Thanks Wayne for the quick reply. I was thinking that there is a nice amount of black surrounding the top half. I would leave the bottom black. Again this is the absolute best clock around.
    E
  8. #48  
    Nice 2.0.0 update wayne@angrygoat, especially the sleep sound addition. Didn't expect that so was a pleasant surprise. Doubles as a volume check on the alarm. This morning I forgot I'd cranked it up last night and the alarm was really loud. Actually better too loud than have it make no sound at all, , which has also happened, but it was a bit of a harsh way to wake up...
  9.    #49  
    Nice 2.0.0 update wayne@angrygoat, especially the sleep sound addition. Didn't expect that so was a pleasant surprise. Doubles as a volume check on the alarm. This morning I forgot I'd cranked it up last night and the alarm was really loud. Actually better too loud than have it make no sound at all, , which has also happened, but it was a bit of a harsh way to wake up...
    In case you didn't find it, there's a separate volume adjustment for the sleep sounds. By default the volume is set to 50%. Increasing that might allow you to set the system volume lower.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    In case you didn't find it, there's a separate volume adjustment for the sleep sounds. By default the volume is set to 50%. Increasing that might allow you to set the system volume lower.
    Good point, and I did see that today.

    I upgraded, what I think yesterday, but didn't see the new features until today.

    Having the alarm tied to the system sound means any changes to the system sound volume also changes the alarm volume, perhaps in unintended ways. Not criticizing simpletime, it's my understanding that's just how WebOS works.

    I had cranked up the system volume yesterday so I could hear the virtual keyboard key clicks better and forgot I'd done so and got blasted this morning. Perhaps worse, a number of times I've turned the system volume all the way down, for example to mute music when the phone rings, so get no alarm the next morning. I do like calming sound effects at bedtime, like rockus sound machine. Having it integrated into simpletime not only simplifies doing doing this but also helps assure a reasonable alarm volume in the morning.

    Well done, thanks.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Having the alarm tied to the system sound means any changes to the system sound volume also changes the alarm volume, perhaps in unintended ways. Not criticizing simpletime, it's my understanding that's just how WebOS works.
    It's not exactly how webOS works, but close enough. The Alarm volume is not specifically tied to the system volume. It's just that the system volume is a hard volume limit on all sound output from the Touchpad and there's no way for 3rd party apps to programmatically adjust that volume.

    Next time for muting music, try using the mute function in the device menu. The alarms in SimpleClock will still play even when the Touchpad is muted. At least that was how it worked when I first tested it in 3.0.2 firmware, but things may have changed since then.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    It's not exactly how webOS works, but close enough. The Alarm volume is not specifically tied to the system volume. It's just that the system volume is a hard volume limit on all sound output from the Touchpad and there's no way for 3rd party apps to programmatically adjust that volume.

    Next time for muting music, try using the mute function in the device menu. The alarms in SimpleClock will still play even when the Touchpad is muted. At least that was how it worked when I first tested it in 3.0.2 firmware, but things may have changed since then.
    Thanks much for the tip. Think I might have read that before but obviously it didn't stick in the old grey matter, hopefully can remember it this time. Just tested the alarm with mute on and it played just fine, with my new beautiful deep blue font. Nice, thanks again.
  13. #53  
    Program works great!! I use it on the road for my alarm clock. One thing I have run across several times, is on the plane I have to lower the volume and I forget to do so when i get to the hotel. Any way to have it blast the alarm out and change the volume if needed????
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by giffordj View Post
    Program works great!! I use it on the road for my alarm clock. One thing I have run across several times, is on the plane I have to lower the volume and I forget to do so when i get to the hotel. Any way to have it blast the alarm out and change the volume if needed????
    3rd Party Apps have no control over the system volume. It's a limitation of webOS. Even the built-in clock app has this problem.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  15. #55  
    what is the best size wallpaper to use as a background for this awesome new feature?
  16.    #56  
    what is the best size wallpaper to use as a background for this awesome new feature?
    Any image at least 1024x1024 should work fine.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  17. #57  
    Hi Wayne,
    I am so excited that you added this feature to SimpleClock. I thought you might like to see what I did.


    Because of the graphic I wanted in just the right place I ended up using 400x480. Otherwise 1024x1024 works perfectly. It was quite funny, I must have tried a gazillion different combinations to get the heart where I wanted. But now I am good to go to make a few more.
    Thanks again for such a great app and I love the new feature.

    Elizabeth
    wayne@angrygoat likes this.
  18.    #58  
    Just want to let people know that a bug in 2.0 has surfaced, if you run app continuously for more than a couple of days, it will stop playing sounds. That includes the alarm sounds and the sleep noises. The alarms are triggered but there won't be any sound.

    To get it to start playing sounds again, you need to exit the app completely. If you've been using the app in exhibition mode, you'll need to disable and re-enable it in Exhibition settings to fully close to app.

    I'm working on a fix right now, but it's taking a little time to test it. (have to let it sit for a couple of days every time I test a fix).
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    Just want to let people know that a bug in 2.0 has surfaced, if you run app continuously for more than a couple of days, it will stop playing sounds. That includes the alarm sounds and the sleep noises. The alarms are triggered but there won't be any sound.

    To get it to start playing sounds again, you need to exit the app completely. If you've been using the app in exhibition mode, you'll need to disable and re-enable it in Exhibition settings to fully close to app.

    I'm working on a fix right now, but it's taking a little time to test it. (have to let it sit for a couple of days every time I test a fix).
    Just submitted an update to fix this. It should be available in a day or two.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  20. #60  
    For the last several weeks the temperature is incorrect by a large margin. For example, it's currently 90F but SimpleClock indicates that it's 76F. I'm using version 2.0.3.

    For Buena Park, California, USA it is off by that much. For Anaheim, California, USA it appears to be close to accurate (within 4 or 5 degrees).
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions