Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    First off, thanks for a very nicely written program. I have been using this on my touchpad for about a month now, and it is definitely my preferred way to navigate my squeezeboxes.

My experience has been flawless, except for one issue. I have two local servers on my network, one on my wife's Mac and the other on my PC. My wife likes to keep her music separate, so she will connect the squeezeboxes to her server when she wants to use them.

My problem is that I cannot switch the players from her server to mine, or vice versa, using the player manager in Squeeze Control XL. When I open up the player manager, I can see my 3 players, sync/unsync them, etc., but I can only change between the current server and MySqueezebox under the "server" drop down box. My wife's server does not show up. This is also true when I select "Music Source" from each of my players; there is only an entry for "Switch to MySqueezebox.com", and not my other local server. This is despite the fact that both local servers show up under the Preferences/Server tab automatically. If try I connecting to the other local server, I get the error "There are no players connected", though I can otherwise control that server. I've tried removing the local servers and adding them manually, but still no dice.

I am able to switch between local servers, however, using the squeezebox web interface and on the squeezeboxes themselves by going to Settings/Music Source sub-menu, which shows all my local servers and mysqueezebox.com. Once I switch servers and squeezeboxes using the above methods, then the squeezeboxes will show up on the new server on Squeeze Control XL and I can use them normally. I just can't switch them back to the other server without going through the squeezebox menu manually or using the respective web interfaces.

I'd appreciate any help with the matter. Hopefully it's just something simple I've overlooked, but I have not figured it out yet. Thank you in advance!
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by peachesanime View Post
    First off, thanks for a very nicely written program. I have been using this on my touchpad for about a month now, and it is definitely my preferred way to navigate my squeezeboxes.

My experience has been flawless, except for one issue. I have two local servers on my network, one on my wife's Mac and the other on my PC. My wife likes to keep her music separate, so she will connect the squeezeboxes to her server when she wants to use them.

My problem is that I cannot switch the players from her server to mine, or vice versa, using the player manager in Squeeze Control XL. When I open up the player manager, I can see my 3 players, sync/unsync them, etc., but I can only change between the current server and MySqueezebox under the "server" drop down box. My wife's server does not show up. This is also true when I select "Music Source" from each of my players; there is only an entry for "Switch to MySqueezebox.com", and not my other local server. This is despite the fact that both local servers show up under the Preferences/Server tab automatically. If try I connecting to the other local server, I get the error "There are no players connected", though I can otherwise control that server. I've tried removing the local servers and adding them manually, but still no dice.

I am able to switch between local servers, however, using the squeezebox web interface and on the squeezeboxes themselves by going to Settings/Music Source sub-menu, which shows all my local servers and mysqueezebox.com. Once I switch servers and squeezeboxes using the above methods, then the squeezeboxes will show up on the new server on Squeeze Control XL and I can use them normally. I just can't switch them back to the other server without going through the squeezebox menu manually or using the respective web interfaces.

I'd appreciate any help with the matter. Hopefully it's just something simple I've overlooked, but I have not figured it out yet. Thank you in advance!
    Squeeze Control XL does not have to capability to directly switch a player from one SB Server to another. The workaround right now is to switch the player to mysqueezebox.com first and then switch it to the other server.

While this is on the To Do list for XL, it's low priority since the demand for it is pretty low and it would be rather complicated to implement correctly.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Its stopped connecting to any of my devices. DOes anyone else see this since the last Logitech update?

Alan
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Its stopped connecting to any of my devices. DOes anyone else see this since the last Logitech update?

Alan
    It should work fine with SB Server v7.7.1 which is the last official update, as far as I know.

Can your Touchpad open the server's web controls?
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    All fixed thanks to Wayne and email. My servers IP address had changed and I needed to do a new search - maybe an enhancement for the future; if you cant see any servers, do a new search?

Alan
  6.    #86  
    All fixed thanks to Wayne and email. My servers IP address had changed and I needed to do a new search - maybe an enhancement for the future; if you cant see any servers, do a new search?

Alan
    I'll probably just add a button to the Connection Error dialog to find servers.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    that will do it. Cheers

alan
    Hi Wayne

Just got my Squeezebox Touch and the app on my TP: shortly, for some reason Squeeze Control XL can not connect to LMS on my notebook.

I am running the latest versions of LMS and Squeezebox Touch firmware. Squeezebox Touch is connected to an ASUS adsl-wifi-router through ethernet cable, and my notebook is connected through wifi to the same network, firewall is off. Squeezebox Touch can connect to the LMS and play music from the notebook, but Squeeze Control XL can't.

Any ideas? is there a log on the device which i can pull to see what exactly goes wrong when i try connecting?

Thanks
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavloosha View Post
    Hi Wayne

Just got my Squeezebox Touch and the app on my TP: shortly, for some reason Squeeze Control XL can not connect to LMS on my notebook.

I am running the latest versions of LMS and Squeezebox Touch firmware. Squeezebox Touch is connected to an ASUS adsl-wifi-router through ethernet cable, and my notebook is connected through wifi to the same network, firewall is off. Squeezebox Touch can connect to the LMS and play music from the notebook, but Squeeze Control XL can't.

Any ideas? is there a log on the device which i can pull to see what exactly goes wrong when i try connecting?

Thanks
    The most likely cause is that your laptop was assigned a different ip address by your dhcp server than the last time you tried using Squeeze Control XL.

Squeeze Control XL will only try to automatically discover servers when it has not already been configured to connect to a server.

Go to Preferences > Server and edit the existing server details or just press 'Find Servers'.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    The most likely cause is that your laptop was assigned a different ip address by your dhcp server than the last time you tried using Squeeze Control XL.

Squeeze Control XL will only try to automatically discover servers when it has not already been configured to connect to a server.

Go to Preferences > Server and edit the existing server details or just press 'Find Servers'.

i have static ips on the entire local network (no dhcp). the thing is that squeezebox touch did not see the server when it was connected through w-ifi, so i had to connect it through ethernet to make it work.

i tried auto-discovery before, but not sure if i had added a specific server at that time - will try deleting and auto-finding.

do you think it could be something with the router handling differently wi-fi and ethernet connections?

thanks
  11.    #91  
    i have static ips on the entire local network (no dhcp). the thing is that squeezebox touch did not see the server when it was connected through w-ifi, so i had to connect it through ethernet to make it work.

i tried auto-discovery before, but not sure if i had added a specific server at that time - will try deleting and auto-finding.

do you think it could be something with the router handling differently wi-fi and ethernet connections?

thanks
    So has Squeeze Control XL ever work at all for you?

It could be that the router handles WiFi and ethernet differently. I know I've seen routers that let you specify different dhcp address ranges for WiFi and ethernet, so there must be ones where dhcp enable/disable is separate for WiFi and ethernet.

--------------------
    Apps for webOS
    So has Squeeze Control XL ever work at all for you?

It could be that the router handles WiFi and ethernet differently. I know I've seen routers that let you specify different dhcp address ranges for WiFi and ethernet, so there must be ones where dhcp enable/disable is separate for WiFi and ethernet.

no, it has not worked for me at all, but got it only yesterday. will dig into the router

any chance of being able to see the logs on the TP/Squeezecontrol?
  13.    #93  
    no, it has not worked for me at all, but got it only yesterday. will dig into the router

any chance of being able to see the logs on the TP/Squeezecontrol?
    Squeeze Control does not save any logs. Any logging that I do during development is only directly to the console and the released versions has logging disabled. Nothing that the app can log would really be that helpful with user debugging.

Try accessing the LMS's web interface using the Touchpad's browser. If that doesn't work then there's some problem with your network setup.

If you really want to see the Touchpad's logs, then you will need to download the development kit from HP.

--------------------
    Apps for webOS
    I figured it out - had to enable dhcp on the router, yet left static ips on the clients. Thanks for your attention to the topic!
  15.    #95  
    I figured it out - had to enable dhcp on the router, yet left static ips on the clients. Thanks for your attention to the topic!
    Glad to hear that you worked it out and thank you for your purchase.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Hi Angrygoat,

Love both apps and constantly use. Especially like using my pre3 to control the touchpad squeezeplayer/control.

I installed the new spotify app on my logitech Media server but if I try to use on Squeeze control I get message "Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor"

Question - Will Squeeze control allow me to play spotify? either through standard music on demand app or third part app?

I am premium Spotify member and having this through Squeeze control would be fantastic.

Many thanks,
    Paul_D
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_D View Post
    Hi Angrygoat,

Love both apps and constantly use. Especially like using my pre3 to control the touchpad squeezeplayer/control.

I installed the new spotify app on my logitech Media server but if I try to use on Squeeze control I get message "Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor"

Question - Will Squeeze control allow me to play spotify? either through standard music on demand app or third part app?

I am premium Spotify member and having this through Squeeze control would be fantastic.

Many thanks,
    Paul_D
    You will need to use the 3rd party Spotify plugin from Triode on your server. The Logitech Spotify app is limited to working with only the Squeezebox Touch and Radio.

--------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Thank you Angrygoat, my favorite app just got better.
    Very much appreciate the point in right direct.

Kind regards,
    Paul_D
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I'll probably just add a button to the Connection Error dialog to find servers.
    Any likely date for this?

regards

Alan
  20.    #100  
    Any likely date for this?

regards

Alan
    Finishing it up now. Should be soon.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS