Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by ianbrat View Post
    Apologies if this is documented somewhere as I've only had a limited time to try things out so far but is there a fast scroll or quick way to get to a point in the Album or Artist list - such as jumping to albums beginning with "D"
    The quickest way to get to an item in the list is to use the filter function.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    You can increase the network timeout on the options panel of the server info dialog.

You may also have a networking issue, or SBS on FreeBSD may not be very optimized. Or maybe a faster harddrive?

Hi Wayne
    How or where do you increase the timeout? I can't seem to find it. Also why does it always timeout as it stands now? I have set up my large collection in seperate folders on a WHS server (example jazz flac, classical flac, .....) Whenever I try to access any of the folders from the first pane It always timeouts. If I access the music by album it shows all albums but sometimes it timeout error and sometimes it works. Server is a dual core atom1.6.

thanks in advance.
    Hi Wayne. Sorry two more questions.

Is there a way to make the album art full screen when you minimize the left two panes. Or perhaps there is another way to show a large image of album art when the Touchpad is on the audio rack. I can't figure it out.

Is there a way to not allow the Touchpad to go to screen sleep when using your app?

Thanks again
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by miab View Post
    Hi Wayne
    How or where do you increase the timeout? I can't seem to find it. Also why does it always timeout as it stands now? I have set up my large collection in seperate folders on a WHS server (example jazz flac, classical flac, .....) Whenever I try to access any of the folders from the first pane It always timeouts. If I access the music by album it shows all albums but sometimes it timeout error and sometimes it works. Server is a dual core atom1.6.

thanks in advance.
    Here's screenshot of the Network timeout setting.

It's probably timing out a lot for your setup because you have a large collection on a low powered system. Basically your server is taking too long to respond to requests by the app. I set the default timeout relatively low (10s) so that if there are network problems you won't be waiting forever for an error to show up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
  5.    #45  
    Is there a way to make the album art full screen when you minimize the left two panes. Or perhaps there is another way to show a large image of album art when the Touchpad is on the audio rack. I can't figure it out.
    No, you can't make the album art full screen. The largest you can make the album art is when the TP is in portrait orientation with only the Now Playing pane showing.

When you say audio rack, I assume you mean the Touchstone?

Exhibition mode (ie. Touchstone mode) support is coming. Currently, my idea is to have it be like the full screen mode of the stock music player, but I may consider having the portrait orientation have a "full screen" album art.

Is there a way to not allow the Touchpad to go to screen sleep when using your app?
    Yes, with the latest version (1.0.8) there's an item in the app menu call prevent screen lock.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Thanks Wayne for the tips.

I have been playing with your app all day today. It has not gone smoothly for most of it but I'm finally getting familiar with it. It seems to be hanging or pausing the Squeezebox Touch often. It is a VERY nice interface for the Squeezebox server though and I'm quite happy I bought it. I'm sure I'll get it sorted out eventually. Thanks also for the screenshot of the network timeout setting.

For my question about the Squeezecontrol and it timing out EVERY time I try to access the folders option in the first pane, I finally figured out why. When I first choose 'Folders' it takes me immediately to my list of genre of music types with files types. That how I have organized my music. There is around 20 or so folders. Each folder has 100's of albums. Now when I choose one of these folders (example, JAZZ [flac]24-96) Squeezecontrol then tries to put all the albums into the playlist pane by individual track. Therefore it try's to queue 1000's of songs and that is why it hangs and time's out. I figured it out by making a smaller folder and opening that. When you do the same thing in the squeezebox Touch interface or squeezeplay, it allows you to keep opening folders until you arrive at the album or track needed. An example would be Folders > Jazz[Flac]24-96 > Duke Ellington > Live at the Blue Note > Honeysuckle Rose. Right now Squeezecontrol only lets me get to Jazz[Flac]24-96 before it adds to the playlist.

*Please help as this is a Very important feature for me and I'm sure many others that would like to browse by folders.

About the full screen album art, I think it would be an excellent feature maybe even necessary) as the the HP Touchpad has alot of screen and using it to full capacity once the music is chosen and playing will add to the overall feel of the music experience. Also would it be possible once full screen to swipe through to other jpeg's in the album like liner notes or text or image snippets from the web. For example, if you were listeng to a Billie Holiday album and being able to either tap the full screen album art or swipe at it to bring up the liner notes from the album that are stored in the same folder to read while listening to her music. That would be a excellent additional feature BTW when I said audio rack I meant the actual stereo equipment rack with, yes, the Touchstone holding it.

Would it also be possible to add somewhere on one of the panes the bitrate and sampling rate of the track being played?

When looking through 1000's of albums in the first pane is it possible to jump to the first letter of an artist or album? If I want to pick Tom Waites I have to scroll for a long time to get up to the T's. Also when trying to render 1000's of albums in the first pane it takes awhile so you cannot scroll right away to the T's. If I try to use the Filter feature it searches not just begining of names but throughout names and album titles. Searching for Tom also brings up Estomte. Perhaps an A-Z vertical column that scrolls up or down with a swiping action.

When you press the down arrow in the Plabylist pane and pick one of the options it shows the info in the first pane. When you press 'Back' to go to list of albums or artists or whatever, it takes you back to home on the pane. It would be nice to go back to the list that was up before.

Sorry. One last thing. When creating a playlist from the first pane to go into second pane, I can only choose whole albums to go into playlist. I was trying to add 1 song from this album and two songs from that album and so on but I could not figure it out. I had to add a whole album and then delete the tracks that I didn't want. Sometimes there will be 19 tracks and I only want one or two from the album to go to playlist. Is this possible?

Again sorry for all the question and comments but I'm REALLY liking this app and it so close to being perfect. Keep up the great work.
  7.    #47  
    For my question about the Squeezecontrol and it timing out EVERY time I try to access the folders option in the first pane, I finally figured out why. When I first choose 'Folders' it takes me immediately to my list of genre of music types with files types. That how I have organized my music. There is around 20 or so folders. Each folder has 100's of albums. Now when I choose one of these folders (example, JAZZ [flac]24-96) Squeezecontrol then tries to put all the albums into the playlist pane by individual track. Therefore it try's to queue 1000's of songs and that is why it hangs and time's out. I figured it out by making a smaller folder and opening that. When you do the same thing in the squeezebox Touch interface or squeezeplay, it allows you to keep opening folders until you arrive at the album or track needed. An example would be Folders > Jazz[Flac]24-96 > Duke Ellington > Live at the Blue Note > Honeysuckle Rose. Right now Squeezecontrol only lets me get to Jazz[Flac]24-96 before it adds to the playlist.
    Ok, I think this was a problem introduced with SBS 7.6. I don't usually browse the folders so I never noticed it. Also, the version I'm currently working on has a fix in it for something else, but that fix apparently fixes the folder problem too. The next version has some extensive internal changes to support new features and I've already started to make those changes so it might take me a little more time to test everything before I can submit an update. Just bad timing, if you had asked me two days earlier I would have been able to submit an update right away.

About the full screen album art, I think it would be an excellent feature maybe even necessary) as the the HP Touchpad has alot of screen and using it to full capacity once the music is chosen and playing will add to the overall feel of the music experience.
    I never really liked huge album art. Sometimes less is more

Also would it be possible once full screen to swipe through to other jpeg's in the album like liner notes or text or image snippets from the web. For example, if you were listeng to a Billie Holiday album and being able to either tap the full screen album art or swipe at it to bring up the liner notes from the album that are stored in the same folder to read while listening to her music.
    I don't think the SBS will read more than one image from a music file, and the app can only display what the SBS can give it.

Would it also be possible to add somewhere on one of the panes the bitrate and sampling rate of the track being played?
    You can already get that info by selecting the 'More Info' item in the options menu of the now playing song. Until you tap on the More Info item, the app actually doesn't have that information.

When looking through 1000's of albums in the first pane is it possible to jump to the first letter of an artist or album? If I want to pick Tom Waites I have to scroll for a long time to get up to the T's. Also when trying to render 1000's of albums in the first pane it takes awhile so you cannot scroll right away to the T's. If I try to use the Filter feature it searches not just begining of names but throughout names and album titles. Searching for Tom also brings up Estomte. Perhaps an A-Z vertical column that scrolls up or down with a swiping action.
    I've been considering adding that vertical column idea as an option. iPeng for the iPhone/iPad has that. I think it makes the screen look really cluttered, but I can see the usefulness. The search thing is annoying, but that's a limitation of the server. Hopefully future versions of the server will allow you to specify matching the beginning of titles.

When you press the down arrow in the Plabylist pane and pick one of the options it shows the info in the first pane. When you press 'Back' to go to list of albums or artists or whatever, it takes you back to home on the pane. It would be nice to go back to the list that was up before.
    I'll see what I can do about this one.

Sorry. One last thing. When creating a playlist from the first pane to go into second pane, I can only choose whole albums to go into playlist. I was trying to add 1 song from this album and two songs from that album and so on but I could not figure it out. I had to add a whole album and then delete the tracks that I didn't want. Sometimes there will be 19 tracks and I only want one or two from the album to go to playlist. Is this possible?
    You probably have the server set to 'Play other songs from the album' when you play a song. This is supposed to only be in effect when you hit play, but v7.6 of the server changed the commands it sends to the controller which is causing the app to add all songs. This may be a bug in the server. The fix is to change the setting in the server to only play a single song.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Hi,

I installed this app but cannot get it to work. When I enter the details of my server, I always get the error "There are no players connected". I have a player connected and is playing at the time of trying this.

Just to be sure, the IP address of the server is that of the computer that squeeze software is running on, right?

Please help as I'm eager to use this app on my Touchpad.

Thanks
    Hemster
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by hemster View Post
    Hi,

I installed this app but cannot get it to work. When I enter the details of my server, I always get the error "There are no players connected". I have a player connected and is playing at the time of trying this.

Just to be sure, the IP address of the server is that of the computer that squeeze software is running on, right?

Please help as I'm eager to use this app on my Touchpad.

Thanks
    Hemster
    Most likely, your player is not connected to your server. By default, Squeezebox players use MySqueezebox.com. You need to set them to use a local server.

Yes the IP address of the server is that of the computer running the Squeezebox server software.

Try using the webpage controls of your server. Does your player show up?

--------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Most likely, your player is not connected to your server. By default, Squeezebox players use MySqueezebox.com. You need to set them to use a local server.

Yes the IP address of the server is that of the computer running the Squeezebox server software.

Try using the webpage controls of your server. Does your player show up?

When I try http://192.168.1.17:9001 on my TouchPad, I do see the web control interface. Same on a separate laptop. However SqueezeControl XL always says "There are no players connected".

I tried removing the local server in the app just so I could use mySqueezebox.com. When I enter my credentials is says the account has been successfully registered and shows as connected but nothing else shows up in the app. Also get the error "There are no players connected".
    Ok, I think this was a problem introduced with SBS 7.6. I don't usually browse the folders so I never noticed it. Also, the version I'm currently working on has a fix in it for something else, but that fix apparently fixes the folder problem too. The next version has some extensive internal changes to support new features and I've already started to make those changes so it might take me a little more time to test everything before I can submit an update. Just bad timing, if you had asked me two days earlier I would have been able to submit an update right away.
    No problem. I can wait. I'm just glad it will get sorted out.

I never really liked huge album art. Sometimes less is more
    It would just be nice to see it across a room.

I don't think the SBS will read more than one image from a music file, and the app can only display what the SBS can give it.
    What if when you use the drop down arrow on a track in the second pane and choose "show artwork". The window that opens allows to swipe the .jpg to left or right but only the one image is viewable. What if this would allow to swipe between all the .jpg's in the folder and maybe even .txt files. This would be awesome! AND if the window that opens is larger (like almost full screen) than that would solve my question above and make any text readable from liner notes. The background for that little window is white. It would be much nicer and less matter of fact if it was black or darker (or even able to choose). I understand if none of this is possible. I know nothing of writing software.

You can already get that info by selecting the 'More Info' item in the options menu of the now playing song. Until you tap on the More Info item, the app actually doesn't have that information.
    OK thanks.

I've been considering adding that vertical column idea as an option. iPeng for the iPhone/iPad has that. I think it makes the screen look really cluttered, but I can see the usefulness. The search thing is annoying, but that's a limitation of the server. Hopefully future versions of the server will allow you to specify matching the beginning of titles.
    What if right beside the home button or when the filter window opens you have a little 'a-z' button that when pressed opens the column that can then be scrolled through. IT would be neat looking. Or if you shrunk the filter screen just a little to the left and put the 'a-z' button to the right of it. It takes me about 30 seconds to get to the T's when scrolling right now

Sorry if it sounds like I don't know what the hell I'm talking about Again I have no idea about software.

I'll see what I can do about this one.
    Thank you very much

You probably have the server set to 'Play other songs from the album' when you play a song. This is supposed to only be in effect when you hit play, but v7.6 of the server changed the commands it sends to the controller which is causing the app to add all songs. This may be a bug in the server. The fix is to change the setting in the server to only play a single song.
    Perfect. It's fixed. Thanks.

One more thing. Would it ever be possible to swipe the the number 2 and 3 panes over instead of the little button in upper left corner of each pane? It's much more elegant and quicker. Also when moving the #2 pane to left you can still see first pane a little but when moving #3 all the way left both #1 and #2 disappear. It would be nice if the #1 pane disappears totally when moving #2 to the left. Much cleaner looking IMHO.

Thank you again for the quick and pleasant responses and a great product. I am part of an audio club and will be showing off your app in the coming weeks so expect more orders
  12.    #52  
    What if when you use the drop down arrow on a track in the second pane and choose "show artwork". The window that opens allows to swipe the .jpg to left or right but only the one image is viewable. What if this would allow to swipe between all the .jpg's in the folder and maybe even .txt files. This would be awesome! AND if the window that opens is larger (like almost full screen) than that would solve my question above and make any text readable from liner notes. The background for that little window is white. It would be much nicer and less matter of fact if it was black or darker (or even able to choose). I understand if none of this is possible. I know nothing of writing software.
    The Squeezebox server will NOT read more than one image from a song. Even if the song contains multiple images, the server will only read the first one. Squeeze Control can only show what the server can provide it.

What if right beside the home button or when the filter window opens you have a little 'a-z' button that when pressed opens the column that can then be scrolled through. IT would be neat looking. Or if you shrunk the filter screen just a little to the left and put the 'a-z' button to the right of it.
    Hmm, the little A-Z button idea is interesting.

One more thing. Would it ever be possible to swipe the the number 2 and 3 panes over instead of the little button in upper left corner of each pane? It's much more elegant and quicker. Also when moving the #2 pane to left you can still see first pane a little but when moving #3 all the way left both #1 and #2 disappear. It would be nice if the #1 pane disappears totally when moving #2 to the left. Much cleaner looking IMHO.
    You can already do that. There's a setting in Preferences called 'Home Menu Peek'
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by hemster View Post
    When I try http://192.168.1.17:9001 on my TouchPad, I do see the web control interface. Same on a separate laptop. However SqueezeControl XL always says "There are no players connected".

I tried removing the local server in the app just so I could use mySqueezebox.com. When I enter my credentials is says the account has been successfully registered and shows as connected but nothing else shows up in the app. Also get the error "There are no players connected".
    Can you see the player in the web interface?

Are you sure you've connected Sqz Ctrl XL to the correct server? The ports and the address are both correct?

Which player are you using? If it's the Touch, it has an internal server, maybe it's connected to that?
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    The Squeezebox server will NOT read more than one image from a song. Even if the song contains multiple images, the server will only read the first one. Squeeze Control can only show what the server can provide it.
    Ok, I understand now. I've asked the question over at the Squeezebox server forum to see if there is plans to add multiple image and .txt file support in future or at least let them know that there is interest. Is it still possible to increase the size of the window that opens when 'Show Artwork' is pressed and perhaps change the background colour from white to dark so the image is more pronounced? This might sound silly but it was just an idea that if ever multiple images and the question I have below about the plug-ins works than it would be a nice viewing experience.

Hmm, the little A-Z button idea is interesting.
    It might have to include 0-9 as well for the odd track or artist that starts with a number (example, the band 3 Doors Down). You can always use the first letter of the number (example, Three Doors Down) and forget the 0-9. This all depends on other user libraries. Mine does not need the 0-9.

You can already do that. There's a setting in Preferences called 'Home Menu Peek'
    Excellent. Thanks. What about the swiping pane's over instead of using button? I was thinking that maybe a swipe of the #2 pane might make the track that was swiped over always go to the 'cancel-delete' option unless that could have a work around.

I installed a couple plug-ins in Squeezeserver that looked really interesting for adding other images and text from reviews and synopsis from LastFM and text files from the album folder. They are called Song Info and Song File Viewer. Now when I press the down arrow in the #2 pane or the info widow on the #3 pane I have the option to pick LastFM Track Description or LastFM Track Image plus some other ones. When I press these options on my SB Touch or SB Radio the reviews or images come up but on the HP Touchpad pressing them doesn't do anything. This might be interesting to have work on Squeezecontrol XL.

Thank again Wayne
  15.    #55  
    Ok, I understand now. I've asked the question over at the Squeezebox server forum to see if there is plans to add multiple image and .txt file support in future or at least let them know that there is interest. Is it still possible to increase the size of the window that opens when 'Show Artwork' is pressed and perhaps change the background colour from white to dark so the image is more pronounced? This might sound silly but it was just an idea that if ever multiple images and the question I have below about the plug-ins works than it would be a nice viewing experience.
    Actually the Image Viewer popup does work with multiple images, if you try the flickr or facebook plugin and view some images, you can swipe through the different images. The color of all the dialogs are that way because I initially like that it made them stand out. I don't really like the light gray color anymore, but I haven't gotten around to changing them. There are too many other more important changes that should be addressed first.

It might have to include 0-9 as well for the odd track or artist that starts with a number (example, the band 3 Doors Down). You can always use the first letter of the number (example, Three Doors Down) and forget the 0-9. This all depends on other user libraries. Mine does not need the 0-9.
    The button would be for toggling the visibility of the list. The letters in the jump list itself would dynamic adjustment whatever is being displayed in the main list.

Excellent. Thanks. What about the swiping pane's over instead of using button?
    The whole multi sliding pane layout is actually a standard construct of the development framework. I don't have to do too much to make the sliding thing work. While it should be possible to modify the framework to detect an extra swipe to close the home menu sliver, it would be a lot of work and the benefit (if any) just are just not worth the effort. I think more people would complain about having to make a extra swipe to close the gap than to just turn it off with a button.

I was thinking that maybe a swipe of the #2 pane might make the track that was swiped over always go to the 'cancel-delete' option unless that could have a work around.
    How would this be better than just pressing the cancel button?

I installed a couple plug-ins in Squeezeserver that looked really interesting for adding other images and text from reviews and synopsis from LastFM and text files from the album folder. They are called Song Info and Song File Viewer. Now when I press the down arrow in the #2 pane or the info widow on the #3 pane I have the option to pick LastFM Track Description or LastFM Track Image plus some other ones. When I press these options on my SB Touch or SB Radio the reviews or images come up but on the HP Touchpad pressing them doesn't do anything. This might be interesting to have work on Squeezecontrol XL.
    Not all plugins will work with Squeeze Control XL. Some plugins are designed specifically for the SqueezePlay interface on the Squeezebox Touch, Squeezebox Radio. or Squeezebox Controller and they actually require that interface to run. I'll have to check to see if the two you mentioned will work.

Update: Ok the Song Info plugin will work and is a relatively simple fix.
    I can't get the Song File Viewer working with my server, the Song File Viewer doesn't show up in either the interface or the Squeezebox Controller. The description mentions the Squeezebox Classic, so it's probably not compatible with the newer UI's.
    Last edited by wayne@angrygoat; 10/03/2011 at 03:51 AM.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Can you see the player in the web interface?

Are you sure you've connected Sqz Ctrl XL to the correct server? The ports and the address are both correct?

Which player are you using? If it's the Touch, it has an internal server, maybe it's connected to that?
    Thanks Wayne. I got it going. The problem was that it was connecting to the wireless access point which is at 192.168.1.3 and the server is connected to 192.168.1.1. Anyway, it's all good now and I'm enjoying this app very much.
    Actually the Image Viewer popup does work with multiple images, if you try the flickr or facebook plugin and view some images, you can swipe through the different images.
    Great. Does this then allow for the potential to view different .jpg's in the album folder in the future if Squeezeserver starts to support it?

The color of all the dialogs are that way because I initially like that it made them stand out. I don't really like the light gray color anymore, but I haven't gotten around to changing them. There are too many other more important changes that should be addressed first.
    No problem. At least it's on the agenda for doing someday. Could you possibly make the image viewer popup bigger when you get around to changing it's colour?

The button would be for toggling the visibility of the list. The letters in the jump list itself would dynamic adjustment whatever is being displayed in the main list.
    Yes, perfect.

The whole multi sliding pane layout is actually a standard construct of the development framework. I don't have to do too much to make the sliding thing work. While it should be possible to modify the framework to detect an extra swipe to close the home menu sliver, it would be a lot of work and the benefit (if any) just are just not worth the effort. I think more people would complain about having to make a extra swipe to close the gap than to just turn it off with a button.

How would this be better than just pressing the cancel button?
    I think you misunderstood me in the above two comments. It was not to close the gap of the small sliver of home pane (#1) but for actually swipping over the #2 pane and also then for swipping over the #3 pane into fullscreen. Your choice to add an option in menu to lose the sliver of #1 pane is a very nice one. I hadn't seen that option until you mentioned it. You see the little 'lll' button on top left corner of each pane is fine but I meant putiing your finger anywhere on a pane (#2 or #3) and swipping it over instead of pressing the 'lll' button. When trying to hit the #2 pane 'lll' quickly I usually get the drop down menu asking me if I want to 'save playlist' or 'delete playlist' because I didn't perfectly hit the 'lll' button'. Now add to that chubby fingers and a couple glasses of scotch and you see how much smaller the 'lll' button gets

What I meant about the 'cancel' 'delete' in the #2 pane was if you implemented the swipping of panes over instead of 'lll' button than the swipes might be mistaken for deleting a track from playlist if your finger was in the wrong place when swipping.

Not all plugins will work with Squeeze Control XL. Some plugins are designed specifically for the SqueezePlay interface on the Squeezebox Touch, Squeezebox Radio. or Squeezebox Controller and they actually require that interface to run. I'll have to check to see if the two you mentioned will work.

Update: Ok the Song Info plugin will work and is a relatively simple fix.
    I can't get the Song File Viewer working with my server, the Song File Viewer doesn't show up in either the interface or the Squeezebox Controller. The description mentions the Squeezebox Classic, so it's probably not compatible with the newer UI's.
    Excellent news about the Song Info plugin and your right, the Song file viewer plug-in doesn't seem to work at all (even on the SB Touch).

Again, Bravo for the work you've put into this app.
  18.    #58  
    Great. Does this then allow for the potential to view different .jpg's in the album folder in the future if Squeezeserver starts to support it?
    Yes, it should. Of course it ultimately does depend on how that feature will be implemented in Squeezebox Server

Could you possibly make the image viewer popup bigger when you get around to changing it's colour?
    Already done it in the version I'm working on.

I think you misunderstood me in the above two comments. It was not to close the gap of the small sliver of home pane (#1) but for actually swipping over the #2 pane and also then for swipping over the #3 pane into fullscreen. Your choice to add an option in menu to lose the sliver of #1 pane is a very nice one. I hadn't seen that option until you mentioned it. You see the little 'lll' button on top left corner of each pane is fine but I meant putiing your finger anywhere on a pane (#2 or #3) and swipping it over instead of pressing the 'lll' button. When trying to hit the #2 pane 'lll' quickly I usually get the drop down menu asking me if I want to 'save playlist' or 'delete playlist' because I didn't perfectly hit the 'lll' button'. Now add to that chubby fingers and a couple glasses of scotch and you see how much smaller the 'lll' button gets
    Sliding the panes from anywhere on the pane is problematic because of the delete function of the middle pane. There's no way I can distinguish between a delete swipe and a pane sliding swipe. Yes, the right pane won't have that problem, but I prefer the two panes to have consistent behaviour. What I might be able to do is to make the entire header bar of each pane a target for sliding control. This was how it was in the early stages of development, but I disabled that behavior because it was causing problems with the tap behavior on the header. I'll take a look at it again when I get a chance.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Sliding the panes from anywhere on the pane is problematic because of the delete function of the middle pane. There's no way I can distinguish between a delete swipe and a pane sliding swipe. Yes, the right pane won't have that problem, but I prefer the two panes to have consistent behaviour. What I might be able to do is to make the entire header bar of each pane a target for sliding control. This was how it was in the early stages of development, but I disabled that behavior because it was causing problems with the tap behavior on the header. I'll take a look at it again when I get a chance.
    Ok but maybe the entire header being a target for sliding might not be a good idea. As I'm using the app more and more I'm becoming more accurate on the little 'lll' button for swipping. If you use the header as target for swipping then we might lose the save playlist feature of the #2 pane which I like very much. Also when having all 3 panes open touching the #3 pane 'lll' button takes it right to full page. I like that alot. There is not much of #3 pane header visible to do a swipping action when all 3 panes are open.

If I have not become too much of a pain yet I would like to ask for one more feature. I think your app has the potential to also being a GREAT playlist creator. Right now you can only save an entire playlist by pressing the header of the #2 pane. You can not add to a playlist if you come across a song that will fit the playlist you just created earlier. You have to start over then add the song and then override the earlier created playlist. What I would like to suggest if possible is to add in the drop down option list (when you press the down arrow) on both #1 pane and #2 pane the option to 'add to playlist'. When you choose this a little window would come up asking to which playlist you would like to ad it to. There is already an 'add to Favorites'. If this is not possible what about when you swipe a song in the #2 pane you add a 'add' choice. What comes up now is 'cancel' or 'delete'. So now we will have 3 choices ''cancel' - 'delete' - 'add'. When you press add button then a little window comes up asking which playlist you would like to add to. This second way of adding to existing playlists is not as good as the first choice because the first choice allows you to add to a playlist from the #1 pane without adding to the #2 pane first. Also you could be listening to music from the #2 pane and adding to your playlist library from the #1 pane without interupting the music. That would be awesome. Overall these choices would let us create custom playlists right from your app and turn it into a powerhouse. This REALLY comes in handy when listening to new albums you just bought and a song plays that would be just perfect for a certain playlist. You can add it right away.

Also would it be possible to seperate the + and the down arrow on the #1 pane song, album, or artist list? I think this would be very important. Right now I can almost never get the down arrow to work instead I'm always adding to the #2 pane by accident. The '+' button has a tiny down arrow on the edge of it. You see I have multiple bit rate versions of the same albums so I would like to go to the drop down menu and check the 'more info' option to check bitrate and file type before adding to playlist. I keep mp3 for portable music and hi-rez versions for home playback on the big stereo.
    UPDATE:

I just found the Playlist Manager plug-in that does almost exactly what I was asking about in my last post. It works perfect in Squeezecontrol XL!

Please, now the only thing is if you can seperate the '+' and the down arrow in the #1 pane. You could put them right beside each other and it won't busy up the look at all.

Thanks again
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast