webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  angryGoat > Squeeze Control
Squeeze Control
Like Tree1Likes

Old 06/15/2010, 01:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

Discussions, questions, update announcements
Twitter: angrygoatapps
wayne@angrygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2010, 02:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Link to app in PreCentral Gallery:
http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...queeze-control
Old 06/19/2010, 12:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Just submitted an update to Palm. It should be available for download sometime next week.

Version 1.3.0
- Full support for MySqueezebox.com. Control players using MySB, create new accounts, switch players between MySB and your Squeezebox server.
-Fixed a bug involving deleting and reordering items in a saved playlist.
Liked by agny6283 likes this.
Old 06/19/2010, 01:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Wow that's the fastest I've seen Palm approve an update! I submitted it this morning and my account page is telling me that it's published. Ver 1.3.0 should be available for download within a day or two.
Old 07/03/2010, 11:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

I encounter network time-outs on v1.3.1

Since I have quite some music the app times out when choosing "New Music" or "Music Folder" A nice feature would be to make the time-out of 10000 ms configureable?
spud101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2010, 01:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

The way the app works, the timeouts should not happen because it's trying to load a large music collection. It only timeouts when the server takes too long to acknowledge the receipt of a command which usually is instant no matter the command. The actual transmission of the music list happens on a different network connection that does NOT timeout. The app also does incremental loading of the list, so it doesn't actually request that much data at any given time.

Are you doing things on your server that's eating up cpu time, while you're trying to browse your collection? Is your network really busy with a lot of traffic?
Old 07/03/2010, 01:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Squeezebox Server runs on a NAS, which is not that powerful. So probably that's the cause then. I do get an error message that mentions a timeout of 10000 ms (10 secs).
Old 07/03/2010, 02:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

I was so deperately looking for a way to control my music on my dedicated HT PC Media Center. And I wanted to be able to control my Rhapsody and Napster (music freak). Well I don't have Rhapsody yet, but Damn I have Full Napster control, I have never been so excited before. Thank you for this. I have no squeeze players and have no need but the server control of my Media Center and Napster is killer. Thank you.
cjdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2010, 11:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
Squeezebox Server runs on a NAS, which is not that powerful. So probably that's the cause then. I do get an error message that mentions a timeout of 10000 ms (10 secs).
I was going to suggest defragging your HD, but since it's a NAS I don't think you can do that right? You should post a question on the Squeezebox forum, they may have suggestions on how to optimize your NAS for a large collection.

Squeezebox : Community : Forums

Also try rebooting your phone too. Sometimes the phone itself may get bogged down too.
Old 07/03/2010, 11:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
I was so deperately looking for a way to control my music on my dedicated HT PC Media Center. And I wanted to be able to control my Rhapsody and Napster (music freak). Well I don't have Rhapsody yet, but Damn I have Full Napster control, I have never been so excited before. Thank you for this. I have no squeeze players and have no need but the server control of my Media Center and Napster is killer. Thank you.
If you don't have any squeezeboxes, how do you output your music? Are you running a software player on your HTPC?
Old 07/11/2010, 08:26 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
Did you ever figure out a way past this problem? I seem to be having the same issue - I am running Squeezebox Server on a NAS (Readynas Duo) and cannot connect....my guess is that it is a time-out error as well....
ziggerpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/2010, 04:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggerpig View Post
Did you ever figure out a way past this problem? I seem to be having the same issue - I am running Squeezebox Server on a NAS (Readynas Duo) and cannot connect....my guess is that it is a time-out error as well....
If it is a timeout issue, the app actually pops up a dialog that says

"Connection exceeded 10000 ms max network delay"

and you'll have to be initially connected first. spud101's problem only shows up when he tries to browse his collection.

There maybe other problems with your setup. Have to tried the step by step guide on the website?

Using Squeeze Control with a Squeezebox Server

Since you are using a NAS, you must already know the server ip, so skip steps 1-7. Also make sure your wifi is turned on.
Thanked By: ziggerpig
Old 07/11/2010, 04:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

I just submitted an new version to Palm with the ability to adjust the network timeout. It should be available in a few days.
Thanked By: spud101
Old 07/12/2010, 04:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

Awesome -- everything works beautifully! Thanks again for a great app......
ziggerpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/2010, 07:23 AM   #15 (permalink)

Thx!! Currently not able to check the update. But if I can I'll let you know if it is a solution to my problem.
Old 07/14/2010, 02:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

Squeeze Control 1.3.2 is now available.

New features:

- Adjustable Net Timeout to help prevent slower servers from causing a network timeout.
- Added 'Change Log' button to Help screen.
Old 07/15/2010, 12:08 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
If you don't have any squeezeboxes, how do you output your music? Are you running a software player on your HTPC?
Sorry I was not following this thread, yes I have a dedicated HTPC. I installed Squeezeplay and that works with Squeezebox running on my PC. I will write the specifics when I have some time.
cjdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/2010, 12:44 PM   #18 (permalink)

Hey Wayne,

I might just be dense, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way of simply playing all music by a selected artist without adding it to the current playlist.

For example, if I am currently listening to The Who, and want to listen to Pink Floyd, what process do I need to go through to just start playing Floyd? It seems like I should be able to navigate to "Pink floyd" and just click "Play this Artist" or something without appending it to the current playlist.

Am I missing something?
Speebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/03/2010, 12:48 AM   #19 (permalink)

Go to the Artists list and open the drawer for the artist you want. Tap play in the drawer. If you're already viewing the list of an artist's albums, tap the header and select play.

In general when you're browsing your music collection, the header menu panel contains the same commands as the drawer of the item that you tapped to get to the current menu.
Thanked By: Speebs
Old 08/04/2010, 05:57 AM   #20 (permalink)

Hello,

first I thank you so much for that App, cause i was lost without it in my house with several Squeezeboxes (Boom, Radio)

But I would like to throw in a request.
Easier Synchronization:
I came from an iPhone and there is a software called "iPeng", i think you know it. This software has a really nice interface for synchronization/grouping of squeezeboxes.
At the moment in SC you must go to Settings - Synchronization - Sync to...
And this for each player you would like to sync.
In iPeng there was a panel where i see all my SBs and with a tap in the command menu I'm able to checkmark each box and synch them all together. I also see there which SB is synched to another one.
Same if i unsync some SBs, simple remove the checkmark and boom :-) unsynced...

Is there a way that such a feature comes to SqueezeControl?
Convertor - Currency and Unit conversion with Style!
rretsiem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annoucement, squeeze control, support

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0