The image shows in the phones browser.
    BTW, does to urls to the images look something like this:

"http://192.168.10.2:9000/music/25407/cover_150x150_o.png"
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    None of the patches look like something that would cause this problem.
    Good.

When you use a streaming service like Pandora, does the cover art show up on the 'Now Playing' screen?
    Not subscribed to Pandora but Slacker does show album art on my pre and SqueezePlayer. AccuRadio, Live365, etc. show nothing. Not even a place holder for when there is no album art on AccuRadio, live365, etc.

This make me think it's server side. Maybe 64bit OS causing the issue?

Also, if you are only connected to mysqueezebox.com, does the My Apps and App gallery icons show up? Make sure you have a player connected to mysb before you try this. You can switch a player to mysb by enabling the connection to both your server and mysb and then tapping the Music Source item on the Home screen.
    Yes and all cover art shows including place holders for no album art.

Do you have any sort of 3rd party firewall software on your server computer? Maybe it's somehow blocking incoming connections for images from certain devices?
    No. I even tried with the windows firewall turned off with same results.

I just want to add...One slight change to the interface would be nice. When inputting the IP for the server, can you make it default to numeric input instead of making the user hit the orange button twice to lock it in?
    BTW, does to urls to the images look something like this:

"http://192.168.10.2:9000/music/25407/cover_150x150_o.png"
    Yes.
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiler View Post
    Not subscribed to Pandora but Slacker does show album art on my pre and SqueezePlayer. AccuRadio, Live365, etc. show nothing. Not even a place holder for when there is no album art on AccuRadio, live365, etc.
    Actual I think it's because AccuRadio doesn't show album art. If it did the art would come from some place else, but the place holder image comes from the server. For some reason your server can't serve images to Squeeze Control.

This make me think it's server side. Maybe 64bit OS causing the issue?
    It's not the 64bit OS. I run my server on 64bit Windows 7, but it does seem like it's server side. BTW, are you just playing through SqueezePlay and not a hardware player? I don't know if it would matter, but are you using the latest version of SqueezePlay?

I just want to add...One slight change to the interface would be nice. When inputting the IP for the server, can you make it default to numeric input instead of making the user hit the orange button twice to lock it in?
    The reason the address field is not locked to numerals is so that you can enter domain names if you want to connect to your server remotely.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    No hardware devices, just squeezeplay.

PM sent.
    A big thanks to Wayne! We figured out that I had the security enabled in the app but not the server. As soon as I disabled it in the app, it started working with all icons and album art. Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Wayne,

I've been using squeeze control with squeezeboxserver 7.6.0 on a debian sid machine for a while. Things were working fine up until a couple weeks ago when I noticed a problem in the My Music listing. Going to My Music -> Artist -> Album shows a list of all albums instead of just the albums for that Artist and the album art doesn't show up. This actually happens in every album list, so for example My Music -> Years -> 1971 lists all the albums with broken album art instead of just 1971 albums. My Music -> Albums also has the broken album art. Note this happens only in Squeeze Control, the UI on my squeezebox radio is fine as is the web server interface.

I just switch to squeezeboxserver 7.5.4 on the same debian sid box and Squeeze Control is working fine again now. So it looks like either squeezeboxserver 7.6.0 is changing something that is not compatible or they have introduced a bug of some sort. I realize 7.5.4 is the stable server version but I thought you would be interested.

Here are the specific software versions:
    Squeeze Control 2.0.7
    squeezeboxserver 7.6.0~32300 (debian sid/unstable repository)
    squeezeboxserver 7.5.4~32224 (debian testing repository)

I suspect the problem started after an update to the 7.6.0 server software but I don't know exactly when it happened. It is also possible there was a corresponding update to the squeezebox radio firmware about the same time but again I'm not positive. There have been updates to both in the last few weeks and I'm not sure exactly when the problem started.

Anyway, I am fine running 7.5.4 of the server but I thought you would like to know. Let me know if there is anything you would like me to check. I can install 7.6.0 again if necessary. Thanks!

rich
  8.    #128  
    Thanks, but I actually wouldn't worry too much about 7.6.0 yet. Somebody else tried it with Squeeze Control a month or two ago, and the app wouldn't even connect. So who knows, by the time it's stable 7.6.0 may work just fine with Squeeze Control.

Updates to player firmware wouldn't affect Squeeze Control, since it only talks to the server. There are no direct connections between the app and the individual players at all. Here's a bit of SB trivia, for any player (hardware or software) that uses the Squeeze Play interface, there's actually not much of a connection between the controls and the audio hardware. Almost everything would have to go through the server first.

Update: Oh, you were trying to say that the Radio works because there may have been a firmware update. That's probably the case.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I had been using Squeeze Control with 7.6.0 for a while and it connected fine for me. But I'll just stick with 7.5.4 now until 7.6.0 goes stable. BTW, love the app! Thanks!
  10.    #130  
    Just noticed a problem with SB Server 2.5.4. It causes a 'Network error' in Squeeze Control when you try to switch players. I hate it when they break things in new versions.

I already submitted an update to the App Catalog. It should be a available in a few days. However, I had to remove 'Just Type' support so the update will be available for webOS 1.x users too.

It seems that HP/Palm changed the submission system so that any app that can use webOS 2.0 features will only be available to webOS 2.0 devices.

I'll submit another update in a week or so with 'Just Type' re-enabled.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
  11.    #131  
    This is a bit late, but Squeeze Control v2.1.0 is now available in the App Catalog.

New Features:
    - Exhibition Mode on webOS 2.1 devices. See 'webOS 2.x Features' section in help for details.
    - Re-enabled 'Just Type' support.
    - Various tweaks and bug fixes.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Can anybody confirm that Squeeze Control works with the Touch and with the Touch Server? Thanks!
  13.    #133  
    Users have told me that Squeeze Control works with the Touch as a player, but I haven't heard anything about Squeeze Control + Touch Server. It should work. I just can't see the Touch Server operating that differently from Squeezebox Server or MySB.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Thank you for your quick answer. However, "it should work" is a bit to uncertain to me with regard to the price of 10. I'll probably have to wait untill somebody else can confirm that it works.
    Suggestion Daxinator:

Maybe post your question at Squeezebox : Community : Forums
  16.    #136  
    Squeeze Control XL for the Touchpad is coming soon. I've started a new thread for it:

http://forums.precentral.net/angrygo...-touchpad.html
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Two bugs with my setup of SQ (palm pre plus 2.1, SB Touch WLAN, Synology NAS with official Synology SB Server Software 7.5.4):
    - Volume setting does not work in a reliable way (only the slider works, the +/- buttons fail to adjust the volume -it always snaps back to the value the was set before decreasing / increasing the volume via the buttons)
    - "Just Type" lookup fails to wake my NAS. If I start SC, the NAS will wake from sleep. If I use Just type, it won't wake up.
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by kulf View Post
    Two bugs with my setup of SQ (palm pre plus 2.1, SB Touch WLAN, Synology NAS with official Synology SB Server Software 7.5.4):
    - Volume setting does not work in a reliable way (only the slider works, the +/- buttons fail to adjust the volume -it always snaps back to the value the was set before decreasing / increasing the volume via the buttons)
    - "Just Type" lookup fails to wake my NAS. If I start SC, the NAS will wake from sleep. If I use Just type, it won't wake up.
    The Synology version of SB server is supplied by Synology not Logitech, so I wouldn't call it official. As far as I can see the only NAS's that Logitech officially supports are the Netgear ReadyNAS's and Windows Home Server. I'm mentioning this because others have had problems with running SB Server on a Synology in general. Another user of SqzCtrl reported some problems with the using the Synology as a server earlier in this thread, maybe something he reported could help:

http://forums.precentral.net/angrygo...ml#post2899174

I don't have access to a Synology NAS, so I can't test with it directly. The app works fine with the Windows version and when using MySqueezebox.com, which leads me to believe the problems are cause by either a problem with the Synology version of SB Server or the NAS not being optimized for the network usage pattern of the Squeezebox system.

Your volume problem sounds like the NAS is either lagging in processing the volume change commands or that version to the server software does not understand a relative volume change command.

For the Just Type problem, are you using Just Type after the app is running or are you launching the app with Just Type? Either way, the app doesn't send any sort of special command to wake up the NAS. The NAS wakes up from network activity, so if it doesn't wake up even when the SqzCtrl is sending network requests it's way then there's probably a problem with how the NAS is setup. If the app is already running when you use Just Type, then maybe the amount of data sent by the search is below some minimum network activity threshold setting on the NAS.

FYI, when the SqzCtrl is launched with Just Type, it goes through the exact same steps as when you launch the app manually and then start typing on the keyboard.

Try posting a question on the Squeezebox forums too: Squeezebox : Community : Forums

Finally, I would recommend running the server software on a full computer if you plan on expanding your Squeezebox system with more players or would like to use higher definition audio files. The Synology doesn't really have to power to support either cases.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    A quick question that probably other people with SqueezeControl will encounter in the U.S.: Pairing SqueezeControl with Spotify Premium

I have Squeeze Control communicating with Squeezebox Server (7.6.0) running Softsqueeze 3.8. Everything up to now has been working perfectly (controlling Pandora and my iTunes library) and playing everything through an Apple iBook G4 (powerpc) and onto AudioEngine speakers.

Now, I just got Spotify Premium (in the U.S.) mainly because it will stream at 320kb. I installed the Spotify app in the mysqueezebox interface. I can access the Spotify app thru Squeeze Control, browser and select songs. But when I select a song, both Squeeze Control and Softsqueeze disconnect from the server.

I don't know if this is a Squeeze Control or a Softsqueeze problem. But it does disconnect when I select a song via Squeeze Control. I have to restart both softwares to get the connection.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
  20.    #140  
    First of all, I can't guarantee that anything would work for SB Server v7.6.0. I don't test the app with beta versions of SB Server since the beta's can change a lot throughout the development process.

The official Spotify app technically only supports the SB Radio and SB Touch, so using it with softsqueeze would probably cause problems.

Unfortunately, there's no way for me to test with the official app, since I don't have a SB Radio or Touch.

I'm using the 3rd party Spotify plugin from Triode on an SB Server v7.5.5 and it works fine with Squeeze Control.

I'm guessing that the official plugin requires the Squeezeplay interface, so instead of using softsqueeze try using squeezeplay.
    Last edited by wayne@angrygoat; 07/15/2011 at 02:40 AM.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast