Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Ahh, so that's how the sync feature of iPeng works. I've always heard that iPeng has a great sync system, but I never knew how it worked (I don't know anyone with both an iPhone/iTouch and a Squeezebox). Thanks.

Better syncing is one of a few other features I do want to add to SC in the future, but it probably won't be for a while. There are other apps I want work on first before coming back to SC. For the time being, any updates to SC will mostly be bug fixes.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    I thought you know that :-) Because the developer of iPeng is pretty active in the sc forums...

Because pictures saying more than words, i attach few screens on how this works in iPeng, and this is really intuitive!

UI is mostly english, but my SC names are german, but i think its pretty straight forward.
    I did screens of the whole task:
    1. normal view without any sync
    2. sync menu
    3. select the different SB's you want to sync
    4. Sync question
    5. sync view, with the availability to change volume for each or together in the synced group.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post
    I thought you know that :-) Because the developer of iPeng is pretty active in the sc forums...
    Oh yeah, I know he's very active on the sc forums. I don't know how he finds the time. He actually helped me get SqzCtrl working with MySB.

I sort of deliberately avoided checking out ipeng when I was developing SqzCtrl, so I won't accidentally copy anything from ipeng.

Thanks for the pics. So you first select which players you want to sync and then select the SB to sync them to?
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    Thanks for the pics. So you first select which players you want to sync and then select the SB to sync them to?
    Thats right, I swipe left to the players pane (like a horiz. scroller on webOS) and see all available players. Than i hit the "group/sync" button and now i simple select ALL/NONE (bottom command menu) or select only two or three or whatever.
    After this tap the "Sync" button and i get asked which player is the "Master" and boom, thats all.
    After that i see which players are synced and also can simply volume control this group with only one slider or individual like always...
  5.    #25  
    Squeeze Control 1.3.3 is now available.

Bug Fix:

- Fixed a bug where under certain situations selecting an item that should take you to the 'Now Playing' screen would instead generate an error.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Wayne,

I saw in the changelog for the last version that the net timeout is adjustable. Where can I configure that?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Go to the Artists list and open the drawer for the artist you want. Tap play in the drawer. If you're already viewing the list of an artist's albums, tap the header and select play.

In general when you're browsing your music collection, the header menu panel contains the same commands as the drawer of the item that you tapped to get to the current menu.
    Sorry, I didn't see this reply.

How do you open the drawer??? I found that clicking the header menu has what I was looking for (I decided to click on everything I could). Are drawers supposed to open when you click the little circle with the triangle? Mine just adds the item to the playlist immediately.

Thanks!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Wayne,

I saw in the changelog for the last version that the net timeout is adjustable. Where can I configure that?
    Net timeout is only adjustable for local Squeezebox Servers. You can configure that in the settings for each server. You cannot adjust the timeout for MySqueezebox.com

How do you open the drawer??? I found that clicking the header menu has what I was looking for (I decided to click on everything I could). Are drawers supposed to open when you click the little circle with the triangle? Mine just adds the item to the playlist immediately.
    I guess you never read the HELP of the app. See the General section of the HELP. There's a complete explanation there with pictures. You should read the rest of the HELP too, there maybe other features you never found.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Net timeout is only adjustable for local Squeezebox Servers. You can configure that in the settings for each server. You cannot adjust the timeout for MySqueezebox.com

I guess you never read the HELP of the app. See the General section of the HELP. There's a complete explanation there with pictures. You should read the rest of the HELP too, there maybe other features you never found.
    Sorry, I always assumed the "Help" option was added by webOS (like the "Edit" menu even if you can't cut/copy/paste), so it didn't even register when I looked at the menu.

I also kept trying to tap on the server name next to "current server" instead of the one lower in the list, which is why I wasn't seeing the settings. Whoopsie.

As for the drawers, though it was not intuitive to me, I really like that implementation. This app (and prontodial) really is great.

I was wondering if you could answer a question for me: Around the same time I started using this app, I got a second squeezebox and started using static IP addresses for the receivers. Since then, I have been getting a lot of network dropouts when listening to slacker. I don't see how it could be related to the app, but for the sake of troubleshooting, can you confirm that there's no chance that the app could be interfering with anything?
  10.    #30  
    I was wondering if you could answer a question for me: Around the same time I started using this app, I got a second squeezebox and started using static IP addresses for the receivers. Since then, I have been getting a lot of network dropouts when listening to slacker. I don't see how it could be related to the app, but for the sake of troubleshooting, can you confirm that there's no chance that the app could be interfering with anything?
    The app never communicates directly with each individual player, it just talks to the server. So there's only two ways I can think of that the app could cause the problems you have: One, your network is so overloaded that the addition of the communication of the app is causing problems. Two, your server is very underpowered and it can't handle the doing work for the app and the players.

Both cases are pretty unlikely, but to confirm, use the server's web interface to control the players for a while instead of the app, and see if the problem still exists.

The most likely culprit is that your connection to Slacker maybe a little spotty at times, which could be caused by anything from problems in your internet connection to overloaded Slacker servers to general internet congestion.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    The app never communicates directly with each individual player, it just talks to the server. So there's only two ways I can think of that the app could cause the problems you have: One, your network is so overloaded that the addition of the communication of the app is causing problems. Two, your server is very underpowered and it can't handle the doing work for the app and the players.

Both cases are pretty unlikely, but to confirm, use the server's web interface to control the players for a while instead of the app, and see if the problem still exists.

The most likely culprit is that your connection to Slacker maybe a little spotty at times, which could be caused by anything from problems in your internet connection to overloaded Slacker servers to general internet congestion.
    Thanks. That's what I figured but I just wanted confirmation. I am guessing it's my Internet connection although nothing else seems to have problems. I tried using the web interface but I need to do further testing, since the problem comes and goes.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Turns out my problems were related to the Flow Control settings on some onboard Realtek NIC cards. Jeez.

Anyway, is there a way to add icons for Slacker, Pandora, etc. on the main page? I "installed" Rhapsody by going through the menus and it put an icon on the main page (which I would also like to get rid of!). On my controller, all of these apps are checked as being shown on the "Home" screen. That kind of functionality would be great. Is there already a way to do this?
  13.    #33  
    Turns out my problems were related to the Flow Control settings on some onboard Realtek NIC cards. Jeez.

Anyway, is there a way to add icons for Slacker, Pandora, etc. on the main page? I "installed" Rhapsody by going through the menus and it put an icon on the main page (which I would also like to get rid of!). On my controller, all of these apps are checked as being shown on the "Home" screen. That kind of functionality would be great. Is there already a way to do this?
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can control that in your MySqueezebox.com account.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can control that in your MySqueezebox.com account.
    Found it. Thanks Wayne. I noticed an update today... what's in it?
  15.    #35  
    Squeeze Control 1.3.4 is now available.

New Features:
    - Added current time and remaining time to the progress bar on Now Playing screen.
    - Added ability to add Pandora stations, Rhapsody/Napster songs to Favorites when using MySqueezebox.com.

Bug Fix:
    - Adding/playing a song in Rhapsody or Napster while using MySqueezebox.com would add/play the entire album.
    - Some notifications were not showing, eg. deleting an item from Favorites.
    - The Play button did not change when playback ends.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
  16.    #36  
    Sorry about not having update details in the App Catalog description. Palm changed the app submission forms to have a separate field for entering changes to the app, but I didn't realize that this field doesn't yet show up in the app catalog.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Just wanted to pass along my kudos to Wayne for developing this SUPERB app. Given the rumors about a forthcoming WebOS v.2 device, plus a WebOS tablet in early 2011, I certainly hope he'll continue actively upgrading Squeeze Control, and porting it to the tablet device as well (once officially announced)!

Squeezebox + Squeeze Control = Audiophile Heaven!
  18.    #38  
    When the webOS tablet arrives, I want definitely want to make a tablet version. However, before that I can hopefully bring out something else Squeezebox related.....
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I have 2 feature requests, if you are interested:

1) Quicker access to "sleep" function, maybe as an additional menu item in the "playlist" drawer after the Shuffle/Repeat options.
    2) "Sleep at end of song" is mildly useful, but "Sleep at end of album" or "Sleep at end of playlist" would be awesome. I could just do 60 or 90 minutes, so this isn't critical, but it would be quite useful (for me anyway). I'm not sure if this is something you can do or if it has to be built into SBS.
  20.    #40  
    I have 2 feature requests, if you are interested:

1) Quicker access to "sleep" function, maybe as an additional menu item in the "playlist" drawer after the Shuffle/Repeat options.
    2) "Sleep at end of song" is mildly useful, but "Sleep at end of album" or "Sleep at end of playlist" would be awesome. I could just do 60 or 90 minutes, so this isn't critical, but it would be quite useful (for me anyway). I'm not sure if this is something you can do or if it has to be built into SBS.
    I think #1 is doable and a good idea, but #2 has to be built into SBS.

It's be a while before I could add it though, I'm kind of knee deep in another app right now.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast