Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #21  
    Alright guys, I installed CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1). Sometimes it doesn't really run smoothly, but I expected that, the TouchPad is an old device after all. Anyway, it's comfortable and useful. I didn't have the heart to erase webOS, so I split the HD in two and let it live. I want to be able to *sigh* while looking at that beautiful OS and wondering how much more beautiful it could've been if only HP had had the necessary patience.
    I have some questions: how exactly do I update CyanogenMod/Android when a newer version comes out (or if it already did, how can I get it?); how do I overclock the CPU on Android? The home button light is always on, even when the screen isn't, how can I make it turn off? Skype works fine, but seems like it can't detect the microphone, which works with other apps... How can I fix this? Is there a way to make Android go into a sort of Exhibition mode when the tablet is put on a TouchStone, like webOS? (I found a similar mode called "Daydream" but it quite... Sucks, compared to the Exhibition).

Thanks!
    Last edited by WebOSLloyd; 11/01/2016 at 09:00 AM.
    Pre 2 (16 GB, dismissed), Pre 3 (8 GB, dismissed), Wi-Fi TouchPad (32 GB). Moved to Android (Nexus 5) in late 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I am in for $200 too.
    I have had the pleasure of buying TP GOs from TTB and support the effort of turning even one of the three I have into a 'modern' Android tablet with CM.

- Thomas

Sent from my OnePlus One awaiting a LuneOS port
    Thanks Thomas.

Tally $400

I'm sure we will need a lot more than $400 to entice a developer to do the CM port for the Touchpad GO.
    It took $2k to get developers interested in the original wifi Touchpoad CM Port.
    Once we get to $1k I'll open a separate thread.
    Don't be afraid to commit to smaller amounts than $200. Any amount is fine, even $20 donations will add up, but of course, the larger the commitment, the better.

ttb
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    MudShark22 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Anymore opinions on running some of the newer Android builds?
    I started with 5.0, moved to 6.0 and both were buggy. I then backdated to 4.4.4 and the TP worked awesome. The only complaint I had was that the camera was distorted as the size and shape didn't correspond to any other android device.
    It worked great for about 6 months then it bricked on me.
    I did the JC Sullins TPDebrick and it partially came back. It now sees the SD card partition of the hard drive but it doesn't see the whole hard drive so it won't reload. Haven't fixed it yet.......
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSLloyd View Post
    Alright guys, I installed CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1). Sometimes it doesn't really run smoothly, but I expected that, the TouchPad is an old device after all. Anyway, it's comfortable and useful. I didn't have the heart to erase webOS, so I split the HD in two and let it live. I want to be able to *sigh* while looking at that beautiful OS and wondering how much more beautiful it could've been if only HP had had the necessary patience.
    I have some questions: how exactly do I update CyanogenMod/Android when a newer version comes out (or if it already did, how can I get it?); how do I overclock the CPU on Android? The home button light is always on, even when the screen isn't, how can I make it turn off? Skype works fine, but seems like it can't detect the microphone, which works with other apps... How can I fix this? Is there a way to make Android go into a sort of Exhibition mode when the tablet is put on a TouchStone, like webOS? (I found a similar mode called "Daydream" but it quite... Sucks, compared to the Exhibition).

Thanks!
    Bump.
    Also, I'd like to add: after using it for a few weeks, I've found this version of CGM quite buggy. Sometimes YouTube doesn't play videos, webpages take eras to load the first time any browser is launched, sometimes it freezes and self-restarts, Android virtual buttons and the home buttons don't work well, especially the latter. Maybe Android 4.4.4 offers more stability?
    Pre 2 (16 GB, dismissed), Pre 3 (8 GB, dismissed), Wi-Fi TouchPad (32 GB). Moved to Android (Nexus 5) in late 2014.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12