Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    How do you swap an HP TouchPad operated by webOS over to Android operated??? Can anyone shed some light please?
  2. MikeN68's Avatar
    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by crump-hartness1 View Post
    How do you swap an HP TouchPad operated by webOS over to Android operated??? Can anyone shed some light please?
    Welcome.

    There are a few places to check out, but a true biginners guide can be found here: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...hlight=android

    This was started a while ago though but it's nice to look back to seehow things have changed and progressed.

    As an alternative, check out the forums for HP Touchpad on XDA.

    Have fun
  3. #3  
    XDA is the place to go. I'm running 4.4 KitKat right now. Tried 5.0 and 6.0 but 4.4 seems to run the best.
    TouchPad General
  4. Kana's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    #4  
    Aloha!

    I have yet to update my HP Touchpad from WebOS ;(

    Been putting it off since buying it new in 2011.

    Have rarely used it, because of it's limitations.

    I am not sure which is the best/most up to date Android program to install?

    Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kana View Post
    Aloha!

    I have yet to update my HP Touchpad from WebOS ;(

    Been putting it off since buying it new in 2011.

    Have rarely used it, because of it's limitations.

    I am not sure which is the best/most up to date Android program to install?

    Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!
    The suggestions directly above your request are still valid.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  6. #6  
    I've tried Lollipop 5.0 and Kitkat 4.4.
    Kitkat rocks on the TP.
    I use it more now than I have in the last 2 years.
    Android still sucks compared to WebOS but it at least I'm using the TP again.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    I've tried Lollipop 5.0 and Kitkat 4.4.
    Kitkat rocks on the TP.
    I use it more now than I have in the last 2 years.
    Android still sucks compared to WebOS but it at least I'm using the TP again.
    You were able to roll back from 5.0 to 4.4? Was that a chore?

    What's the main difference in your opinion? Just overall responsiveness or do more things work, vs not work at all? or do you just prefer KK? (I do)

    I just retrieved a Tpad that someone else put CM on for me, and it's 5.1 i think. I won't be the primary user of that one, but now that I've seen it do the dual boot i an more motivated to do my own. But I'm a KK user on a Nexus7 and so I'm interested if you think it's better suited to the HP hardware.

    Did you follow a step by step method that's well documented, either here or elsewhere?
    Thanks
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03/31/2012, 04:40 AM
  2. Replies: 232
    Last Post: 11/15/2011, 02:33 AM
  3. How to reboot an HP TouchPad to Android or webOS
    By ilovedessert in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11/02/2011, 07:30 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09/07/2011, 01:35 PM
  5. WebOS, Android, iOS and the Touchpad
    By luigidk in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09/01/2011, 09:22 AM

Posting Permissions