Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Remy X
  • 2 Post By Pre3Fan
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Android 4.4.4 has given new to many TouchPads now. However the Touchpad Go is seemingly not tested, getting less useful by the day. A fair number of Go's have entered circulation through eBay and other routes now.

I'd like to replace my iPad mini 3G with my 3G TouchPad Go if I can get android up it. I hear internals between the released TouchPad and TouchPad Go are basically the same so it shouldn't be too difficult. Anyone tried it yet?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    I believe there was a couple of GO devices running Gingerbread that were reflashed to webOS, so yes the drivers are "available". But unless someone is willing to donate a GO to one of the CyanogenMod devs, nobody is going to release a ready-to-use ROM.

Even then, whatever hardware version the CM developer would have, that would be the only version with full developer support and we are talking about a prototype device with many engineering and and development variants, like the infamous EVT1 with the touchscreen offset, the more normal EVT3, the more complete DVT devices. All of them may need to have a custom-compiled kernel for various version-specific quirks. And i have no idea if Android and webOS can run with the same version of Touchscreen firmware.

There's simply too much work involved in making CM on the GO as usable as it is on a full-size Touchpad...
    MudShark22 likes this.
    I have three GOs, two running 305, one gingerbread. Both GOs, with webOS are data enabled, but evt models.

I sold my WiFi webOS GO which was a dvt model before I knew the difference in model #s. But even subjectively, I regretted losing the dvt WiFi model because it was just built better, and I could tell the difference when I got the evts.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    When we got ACL working on the Touchpad GO, that was the best we have been able to do...

I know Rod got upset with ACL, and donated his Go to CM, but I am not sure if anything came from that...

However, I have used Jscullins TPDebricker kernel on the Go, during my testing with the Touchpanel firmware.

I do have webOS 3.0.5 with ACL working on the Go, and although not KitKat, it works ok, not great as ACL has it's own issues...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    After flashing from WebOS to Android or vice versa Touch panel is not working
    From WebOS to Android:
    After flashing Android Rom image, flash touch firmware based on Android system.
    Enter fastboot mode and issue command line “fastboot flash touch:swd android_firmware.hex” (Android_firmware.rar)
    Reboot your device. Issue “fastboot reboot”.
    From Android to WebOS
    Update emmc_appsboot.mbn to latest daily build.
    Enter fastboot mode, issue command “fastboot flash touch:erase android_firmware.hex”.
    Choose “force” for option “Touchpanel Update” when downloading WebOS image by NDI.
    Or you can use the following method:
    Enter fastboot mode, issue command line “fastboot flash touch:swd palm_firmware.hex” (Palm_firmware.rar)
    When using NDI flashing WebOS image, for option “Touchpanel Update”, select “skip”.

As it seems this is part of the solution to make touch panel on Go which was updated from Android to WeBOS working or removing the 1 cm offset issue

Yup. As i thought, no chance of simple dual-boot on EVT1
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks for the replies guys. Still finding navigating the Go waters is extremely difficult.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Does anyone know where I could follow up the donated Gos?
    Feels like the only usefulness of a Go would be to put Cyanogen on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Does anyone know where I could follow up the donated Gos?
    Feels like the only usefulness of a Go would be to put Cyanogen on it.
    Direct contact with J.C. Sullins would probably be the best bet, as it appears that at least two Go's (one from Rod and another from 'TTB' here?) went in his general direction, with CM & further 'development' in mind!
    But to my knowledge, nothing has ever really come back in this direction.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I have three GOs, two running 305, one gingerbread. Both GOs, with webOS are data enabled, but evt models.

I sold my WiFi webOS GO which was a dvt model before I knew the difference in model #s. But even subjectively, I regretted losing the dvt WiFi model because it was just built better, and I could tell the difference when I got the evts.
    How did you get gingerbread on yours? Also, whats the diff between evt and dvt
    Quote Originally Posted by inspire_tek View Post
    How did you get gingerbread on yours? Also, whats the diff between evt and dvt
    Some made it out in the open with Android 2.2.x or 2.3.x. I had a few of those too and converted them to webOS
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Hey All,
    This guy just drop the price on touchpad go case 10.00. Now it's going for 25.00.
    Touchpad Go Case | eBay
    Secured few Go TPs, struggling to get Android on to them. They are real cute..
    My WebOS Wealth:
    TouchPads :
    * AT&T32GB, 4S - UNLOCKED!!!! (total 5 of these, all with Android 4.4.4
    * Touchpad GO with WebOS (total 3 of these, trying to get android on these... but how?)
    Pre 3: Three of AT&T Pre 3s, One Verizon Pre 3
    Want to sell any of the above for a good price(Just want to keep one go if I get android on them)
    dkirker and MudShark22 like this.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre3Fan View Post
    Let us know how you go! I would be very happy if I could get it going on mine.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre3Fan View Post
    Any luck Pre3Fan?