Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just Doctored my TP because it got to the point it was really acting squirrely and seemed to have some memory leaks that got worse over time with the CM version I was running in the past. I was running a version from jcsullins, but over time it stopped allowing my to install updates.

Now that the device is all fresh and pretty - anyone have a favorite version of current CM ROM's that they would suggest? Here's the current index for what is available: HP TouchPad Index - Post #2 - XDA Forums

Thinking about one of the 4.4.x versions, but wondering if anyone has any thoughts.

Thanks!
    I have been using Shumash's Schizoid because of its customization features.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    ..seemed to have some memory leaks that got worse over time with the CM version I was running in the past. I was running a version from jcsullins, but over time it stopped allowing my to install updates.
    ..Same, (10.1) but was not keen to Doctor unless totally necessary!
    Now interested in how/where you go next..

Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/21/2014 at 08:42 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    ..Same, (10.1) but was not keen to Doctor unless totally necessary!
    Now interested in how/where you go next..

After digging around in the different offerings, I ended up chosing the newest from jscullins: [ROM] [4.4.4] [CyanogenMod 11 by Jcsullins] [DM] [09/13/14]

I installed using the new TPToolbox which made the install incredibly easy. Only issue is that when it reset the partitions to create the new virtual SDCard, it took the vast majority of storage for the CM side and didn't leave much (~>2gb) for the webOS side. I'll need to use Tailor to tweak the partition sizes because I prefer the video player in webOS for my daily commutes and need some storage for my TV/Movie files.

I'm pretty impressed with how quick and responsive this version of CM is and Bluetooth actually works for the video player in this one compared to my last one. I did have it lock up once, but that was after installing a bunch of apps just after setting up everything. I think it just needed a hard reboot to get things settled. I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks. Nice thing about the TPToolbox is that if you don't like one ROM, you can uninstall it in a matter of minutes with a couple of clicks.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/22/2014 at 04:35 PM. Reason: typo
    Shumash's Pacman CM11 /Kitkat 4.4.4
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    How do you like that one? Any quirks?
    Didn't know of this one. However I see its a data media build and I have always had trouble with ROMs like that, on both TP and my GNex.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I agree about Shumash's Pacman 4.4.4, great ROM with lots of tweaks available.. Also run Jcsullins latest on several family TP's and it works just fine for them.
    We got rid of webOS completely and have no regrets. Android 4.4.4 allows us to do everything and more. Netlix, music, and Google hangouts to make phone calls are just a few examples.

The fact that these dedicated developers have made our TP's relevant and useful on a daily basis is amazing. Kudos to all of them.
    Pre 2, TouchPad 32
    Mutoidi and ArchonAdvisors like this.
    I also got rid of webOS.
    But I reinstalled weboOS to load up LuneOS, as I could not find a way to create the ext3fs in android.
    Now I can tripple Boot.
    Last edited by Firepower; 09/23/2014 at 05:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads up just put the latest jcsullins build 091314 on my touchpad. Seems really nice and stable so far. Thanks
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Does removing webOS give more storage space on the tablet?
    I also got rid of webOS.
    But I reinstalled weboOS to load up LuneOS, as I could not find a way to create the ext3fs in android.
    Now I can tripple Boot.
    Can you give a quick explanation of that process? I blew away my webOS on my TP4G, to try out the 4G android builds, but they don't seem to be really up to use.. so, might as well throw webOS back on it, and give Lune a shot. :-)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Not sure how firepower did it; but jcsullins tptoolbox will recreate the webos partitions so that the doctor can be used. [TOOLS] Touchpad Toolbox | HP TouchPad | XDA Forums

However, I do not believe the tool is TP4G compatible.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    yeah the toolbox was updated to work with the 4g.. it's the (newer) android images that don't work well on it
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I'm running CM11-20140625-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin Kit Kat 4.4.4 and I'm happy with how well it works, but I'm running overclocked to 1.728 Ghz. I was running CM9 before that with no problems as well. Both setups are/were dual boot. The TouchPad Toolbox is probably one of the greatest install prep apps around. The Toolbox forces you to wipe out the old webOS (I Think) to create the Android partitions but after that it can create a new webOS partitions for a clean install. I had not had to wipe my firesale Touchpad since I got it so I was a bit reluctant to use ToolBox for the install, but the results is well worth it. CM11 runs great, and webOS runs great. ( Probably because it cleared out all the ACL stuff.) One of the best features of Toolbox is the ability to resize partitions after they're full of data so you can go back and steal space from Android and give it to webOS as needed and vise verses.
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    After digging around in the different offerings, I ended up chosing the newest from jscullins: [ROM] [4.4.4] [CyanogenMod 11 by Jcsullins] [DM] [09/13/14]

I installed using the new TPToolbox which made the install incredibly easy. Only issue is that when it reset the partitions to create the new virtual SDCard, it took the vast majority of storage for the CM side and didn't leave much (~>2gb) for the webOS side. I'll need to use Tailor to tweak the partition sizes because I prefer the video player in webOS for my daily commutes and need some storage for my TV/Movie files.

I'm pretty impressed with how quick and responsive this version of CM is and Bluetooth actually works for the video player in this one compared to my last one. I did have it lock up once, but that was after installing a bunch of apps just after setting up everything. I think it just needed a hard reboot to get things settled. I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks. Nice thing about the TPToolbox is that if you don't like one ROM, you can uninstall it in a matter of minutes with a couple of clicks.

Any luck on this? I installed Android and now I have virtually no WebOS memory left.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post

Any luck on this? I installed Android and now I have virtually no WebOS memory left.
    Yes Tailor will do the job fine. TPToolbox made WebOS partition too small. Simply follow the Tailor instructions, check then resize the large Android partition. Then check and resize the WebOS paritition to use the freed up space. Nice!
    could someone with the jcsullins 4.4 let me know if yours lags with the HP touchpad bluetooth keyboard?
    mine has a lag. (or try any bluetooth keyboard and let me know)
    Also my battery only lasts 4 hours on this--is that usual and if not, is there any way to fix?
    thanks!
    ok never mind on battery, i will try flashing A6 firmware
    But someone please check bluetooth keyboard thanks
    edit: never mind , retested and works ok
    Last edited by bluenote; 01/14/2015 at 11:26 AM.
    Is Lollipop available?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Hi Everyone,

So, is version 4.4 still the best to use on the Touchpad? Or has there been any progress made in the past year or two?

Thanks!

S
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast