1.    #1  
    I've got 2 TouchPads, CM10 installed on both, one I use daily, the other is for my daughter to play with once and a while. I want to make sure it doesn't brick from full battery depletion, but I don't want to keep it on the charger all the time either. Can I power it off and trust it to be ok for a week?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    A long while back, I put my tp to sleep fully charged. When I returned home 8 days later, the battery had fully discharged. I managed to trickle charge it back to life.

You should run several overnight experiments to see before and after Dr Battery numbers when fully powered down. I did ones with it charged at 100, 70, and 40%. Then try a couple longer duration experiments - several days.

For my tp, I have very little loss when the tp is fully powered down. Several times I've left it powered down for over a week, and still had only minimal loss.

My Dr Battery puts the battery's current health at 87%.

That said, once I accidentally put it to sleep - instead of the full power down. A couple days later, I almost had a fully discharged battery. I try not to make that mistake again. If I'm going for a long time, I check that it is fully charged and fully powered down before leaving. Sometimes, I just check it when I notice that I haven't used it for a while.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tstraetker View Post
    A long while back, I put my tp to sleep fully charged. When I returned home 8 days later, the battery had fully discharged. I managed to trickle charge it back to life.

You should run several overnight experiments to see before and after Dr Battery numbers when fully powered down. I did ones with it charged at 100, 70, and 40%. Then try a couple longer duration experiments - several days.

For my tp, I have very little loss when the tp is fully powered down. Several times I've left it powered down for over a week, and still had only minimal loss.

My Dr Battery puts the battery's current health at 87%.

That said, once I accidentally put it to sleep - instead of the full power down. A couple days later, I almost had a fully discharged battery. I try not to make that mistake again. If I'm going for a long time, I check that it is fully charged and fully powered down before leaving. Sometimes, I just check it when I notice that I haven't used it for a while.
    Yeah, I'm going to experiment, it's powered off now, I will check it in a day or two and see how much it loses, then set an event to remind me to power it up and charge it..
    Thanks!
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.